00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

1015884y just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

958,031 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 04:32:07

At 7/14/07 02:52 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
SquareNewIDEnix? That name will never sell any games.

I liked SquareSoft alot better than Square Enix. When i heard about their merge, i wasnt happy. I also liked the SS logo better than the SE one.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 09:33:14

Wow, I've been inactive on Newgrounds the last few days... too busy playing IV Advance all day. Really, really got into it, much better than the SNES version. Just completed it though, and I found Zeromus, really, REALLY easy. Seriously, what a joke.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 09:46:56

Ive been searching yet there really isnt that much info on Dissidia, is there?

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 09:56:22

At 7/14/07 09:46 AM, Jackotrades wrote: Ive been searching yet there really isnt that much info on Dissidia, is there?

I hadn't even heard of it until it was mentioned here. :S

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 10:16:11

At 7/13/07 04:14 PM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 7/13/07 03:56 PM, Nev wrote: Read the first two words of my post.
He walked right into that one. XD

You should know I don't read entire posts before replying. Noone on NG does. Actually I just missed that tidbit of info. Also since I was banned from pimpcraze.com I will finally have more time to play FF8 And finally get that damnable Laguna Card.

Why god. Why did they ban me?!?

>:(

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 10:22:35

At 7/14/07 10:16 AM, TheManBehindTheFlash wrote: Noone on NG does.

I do, therefore proving your claim wrong just like that.

(Not my problem you're too lazy to read several sentences)

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 10:31:35

At 7/14/07 10:09 AM, Xtesh wrote:
I like Squenix for it's good games AND vast amounts of money to spend on said games.
But the SS logo was the shit.

OMG! How dare you say such things. You must die!!

As for Dissidia: Final Fantasy i´ve been reading about it, and apparently, it´s about 2 gods. One Good and one bad. The bad one is called Chaos, but i can´t remember the good ones name. They rule the world, good and bad, but recently Chaos has gotten the upper hand, and there is more evil than good. So they both call 10 warriors each, and they are our heros and villains from Final fantasy. Or so it seems. I guess they will wager out a battle to decide who wins - good or bad.

Thats more or less what i heard.

P.S I too read full posts - don´t be so lazy.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 10:32:47

At 7/14/07 10:22 AM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 7/14/07 10:16 AM, TheManBehindTheFlash wrote: Noone on NG does.
I do, therefore proving your claim wrong just like that.

(Not my problem you're too lazy to read several sentences)

Actually I was JKin bout that part. Jesuz don't get all cereal on me. And it wasn't seven sentences it was 2 words.

>:(

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 11:17:16

At 7/14/07 10:32 AM, TheManBehindTheFlash wrote: Actually I was JKin bout that part. Jesuz don't get all cereal on me.

I'll be flaming the hell out of you if you don't stop abbrievating the most trivial things.
("JKin". What the fuck is that, some kind of new drink?)

And it wasn't seven sentences it was 2 words.

That makes it worse for you.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 11:22:18

Lol, i say i read the full posts, but i always seem to mis-read something or other -_-
I thought you said it was shit, not ´the shit´.

As for Dissidia guys, there was FF1 warrior, Zidane, and i think Cecil is in so far. Baddies are Garland, kuja and Sephiroth. I´m sure alot more will make appearances too.

And more news....i just been reading up on the remake to FFT on the PSP. It´s official name is gonna be FFT the Lion war. So it´s gonna have a few new elements, but what most suprised me is that Balthier from FF12 will make a appearance too! I don´t know if he´s gonna have a major role in it or not, but i was just checking it out http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fft/ at the official square-enix website.

Also the box art is awesome! check the pic out in a wallpaper i uploaded!

[IMG]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p277/
balambzell/fft_wallpaper.jpg
[/IMG]

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 11:35:20

At 7/14/07 11:27 AM, Xtesh wrote:
As long as Auron, Vincent Valentine, and Captain Basch make an appearance(unlockable characters, anyone?), I'm fine. And we all know that Cloud will be put in it. They put him in everything.

Yup, Cloud is basically their mascot now!

I liked him, even though he was a little overbearing.

Balthier was probably my favourite character from FF12, him and Fran.

Sexy.

Indeed it is! It´s my new wallpaper.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 11:45:12

Hell yeah, Fran is sexy as hell! I loved her outfit. She has the bunny ears, but thats no big deal.

And my wallpapers are usually always a real good FF pic, or some landscape/city skyline.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 12:39:07

Wait, if Baltheir makes an appearance in the lion war, could that mean that the lion war and final fantasy 12 are in the same timeline? yeah! I cant wait till the ENTIRE WORLD OF IVALICE is revealed in a Final Fantasy, you know they will do it sometime.

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 13:10:42

No, they are not in the same timeline. Like Xtesh said, they are about 500 years between each. I think i read that Tactics is after FF12, and that something happens in their world which destroys all their technology like the airships and such. Thats why in FFT there are none.

And i´m pretty sure it´s Balthier. On the japanese SE site it has a pic of him with a gun. And next to his name in japanese symbols it says - Balfear. It´s either him, or maybe an ancestor of his??

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 13:55:36

I don't know what to play next. I can't be arsed, quite frankly, to play one of the newer games, but I've just got through 4, 5, and 7, and I am not, I repeat, NOT playing 6.

I'd play 8, if I had it, and if I bought it, I'd be waiting a long time, and frankly I can't be arsed.

So I guess I'm stuck. I might play the first one, actually. I heard it was utter pants, but I'll give it a go.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 15:13:20

Havn´t you got 12?

I just killed Gilgamesh on 12. His first battle was easy, but his second battle was pretty tough, it took me about half an hour. He´s really cool in FF12, it´s a shame you can´t get him as a summon. He has all the famous FF weapons aswell. He has Clouds buster Sword, Squalls Gunblade (complete with a little chocobo pic on the blade) He has one of Zidanes Daggers, He has Tidus´ water sword. He has a sword that looks like it might be Aurons...it´s got like a skull design on the blade itself, he has some crazy, cool looking gold curly sword, and to top all that his last sword looked something like an Excalibur or something.

His entrance is funny too, well and when you beat him too. I was gonna ask how do you get that sword he drops when you kill him, but then he sneaks back and takes it x_X.

ALSO great song while you´re fighting him....i think it was from FF5 or 6 when you fight him aswell.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 19:59:58

At 7/14/07 07:04 PM, Xtesh wrote:
Perhaps it has something to do with the Occuria(basically, Godlike people of Ivalice).

Could be. Or it could be something to do with St. Ajora also? I dunno....maybe Square will come up with something.

Where did you find him? And what level were you at? I keep hearing about him.

He´s in the Lhusu mines. You have to fight him twice. The first time you could probably kill him if you´re about level 50 or 55. The second one i recommend a level of nearlly 70. All my characters are between levels 65 and 69, and i found the second one pretty tough. I did them both one after another, so thats why the first one was easy for me. But the second one was pretty tough. It´s him and his Dog, and his dog is a pain in the ass. Once you dispatch his dog he´s not that bad. But he uses quite alot of level based attacks like level 4 petrify - working on levels that are multiples of 4. And he has some cool attacks using all those famous swords i mentioned that are pretty strong too.

It´s worth fighting him, cos you can rob Genji armour of him. Its the only place in the game where you can get it. So it´s also the only set you can get in the game. In the first battle you can rob of him Genji Gloves and a genji shield, and in the second you can rob a genji armour and genji helmet. You can rob something new of him every time he looses 20% of his life. And the genji items are the last 2 of each battle. For example

From 100-80% you can steal a potion
--------80-60%-------------------------------
-
---------60-40%-----------------------------
---------40-20%---------------------Genji Gloves
---------20-0%----------------------Genji Shield.

And the same in the second battle with the other 2 pieces.
Oh, and ayou also get the Masumane katana after defeating him.

long post

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 20:35:37

Meh, i missed the Zodiac Spear. It´s impossible to know which chests not to open and at which part of the game. I´ll have to get it next play through.

Also, maybe the occuria were wiped out aswell. There were only 6 or 7 of them left, right?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-14 21:46:53

Hey, im doing well without the Zodiac Spear, the last thing left in my game is that super-omega hard- OMG 50 million HP- boss yiazmat.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 05:26:26

I´m doing pretty good without it too. But it think there were more chests that you shouldn´t open other than that one at the beach. There are bout 4 or 5 that you can´t open throughout the game, the hard thing is how to know which ones.
and thats not the only hard weapon to get, the strongest swords and axes are hard too. You have to find really rare items that monsters drop, then sell them.

Also yes, Algus is a asshole!

He sucks balls

But the main man is T.G Cid! Just wait till you get him Xtesh. You get him toward the end, but he´s probably one of the best fighters you get. How far into it are you? Are you starting to like it more?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 05:40:02

At 7/14/07 03:13 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Havn´t you got 12?

I don't even have 12 or even 11 for that matter, I enjoy the older games much more and after 10, I didn't even bother to play the newer ones.

I'm back.

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 06:15:55

Welcome back here too.
I havn´t got FF11 either, i havn´t even seen it in shopes over here. But 12 is ok, it´s still pretty good, and the visuals are sweet, but storyline IMO isn´t as good as the older ones like 6, 7 8 or 9.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 07:56:36

At 7/14/07 05:52 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote:
At 7/14/07 01:55 PM, Paradox wrote: I don't know what to play next. I can't be arsed, quite frankly, to play one of the newer games, but I've just got through 4, 5, and 7, and I am not, I repeat, NOT playing 6.

I'd play 8, if I had it, and if I bought it, I'd be waiting a long time, and frankly I can't be arsed.
You should play FF9 if you ever get the chance, belive me it's a great game.

I have, played it twice now, played it all the way through the night a few weeks again, so I don't think I'll be motivated enough to play that again anytime soon.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 07:58:30

At 7/14/07 09:46 PM, Jackotrades wrote: Hey, im doing well without the Zodiac Spear, the last thing left in my game is that super-omega hard- OMG 50 million HP- boss yiazmat.

Holy fucking shit, I feel like playing that now. :S

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 09:11:06

i call cloud!!!!!!

Give me cookies or prepare to die *whispers* take it from a pyscopathic killa

.............and no i am not a 3 year old -.-

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 10:00:55

At 7/15/07 09:11 AM, thecookieman wrote: i call cloud!!!!!!

Who the hell are you, and clean your feet from stupidity before stepping on or into this thread.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 10:02:26

Well lets assume for a minute that he isn't a fictional character, since you obviously live in a delusional world. He threw his cell phone away in Advent Children, call all you want, he isn't going to answer.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 10:04:03

At 7/15/07 10:02 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: he isn't going to answer.

He has voice mail though, but I doubt he keeps that FOMA P900 iV charged.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 10:20:06

If the club worked that way, then I'm sure 2,123,632,792,901 people have already called Cloud as well.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-15 10:39:00

i corl seferroth!!!!!

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature