00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dingleberry96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,988,099 Views | 60,651 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-22 21:38:09

At 10/22/07 07:08 PM, KamakaziSparow wrote: Sirs! I was not requesting to join! I was requesting if there was anything I could do to further your goals! As a milita voulenteer, I am ready for reasrve socouting and recon duty any time, sirs!

Well, you can work in the Portal by getting B/P, And fight against Spams... but, remember... you must vote fairly on the submissions... and not just 'five' all you saw...
I think there's no other thing you can do...
In the Proper Time... when you get your 2500 B/P point.. you can come back... And ask again...

Thanx for your interest and your enthusiasms...

- Sergeant aldlv...

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-22 22:03:37

At 10/22/07 07:08 PM, KamakaziSparow wrote: Sirs! I was not requesting to join! I was requesting if there was anything I could do to further your goals! As a militia volunteer, I am ready for reserve scouting and recon duty any time, sirs!

Well, to further OUR goals, you should further yourself by being a good Newgrounder.

By that, I mean, get into the mix a bit. Join a club like the NGDoD once you qualify (if you haven't already), review Flash fairly and vote the same. Make sure to spend time in the portal voting on the purple Under Judgment submissions, too. Also, be sure to vote on at least 5 Flash a day so your level can increase.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-23 08:41:12

At 10/22/07 12:54 PM, Phantom wrote:
At 10/22/07 07:35 AM, Coop83 wrote: I can do both :P
With all due respect to a fellow Supreme Commander, you are one lucky bastard.

Thank you. *salutes*

My new year resolution of 2007 was to avoid women all together for at least one year.

It did not work.

That would depend upon giving 'special dispensation' to relatives, like your mother, sisters, aunts, grandmothers etc, so that you could still associate with them, otherwise you'd starve to death and never have any clean clothes :P

At 10/22/07 05:09 PM, TheThing wrote: You sir, are one lucky bastard. I wish any of my girlfriends (hell, even my friends) were so excepting of Newgrounds as she is.

I am trying to exploit her artistic tendencies at the moment. I'm starting off with a few easy things, like a new ident pic, banner and sig pic. Watch this space

You should marry her.

No, I've not had enough sex yet!

At 10/22/07 05:35 PM, aldlv wrote: Wow... that was deep... XD... And... he is right... you should...

If I'd have done everything anyone on the internet told me to do, I'd have made a bathtub full of custard and then eaten myself silly a few years back.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-23 10:48:44

At 10/23/07 08:41 AM, Coop83 wrote: That would depend upon giving 'special dispensation' to relatives, like your mother, sisters, aunts, grandmothers etc, so that you could still associate with them, otherwise you'd starve to death and never have any clean clothes :P

Meh, I never considered any female relatives as remotely female, thus they are not women and are not to be avoided, in my definition a woman would have to be between the age of consent and about 35 whom I could sleep with and not feel guilty or physically ill from it.

Again, it did not work, over the past year I've asked 3 different women out, an affirmative response has yet to come.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-23 15:43:08

Check the obituaries

Lots of spam flashes have been deleted today.
I wonder if one day all of them will be cleared.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-23 20:00:06

PLEASE, HELP ME BLAM THIS!
This is so pathetic. I've been seeing these flashes pass where they DON'T EVEN LOAD! I know I am not part of this crew, but please, help me blam it!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-23 20:02:21

At 10/23/07 08:41 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 10/22/07 05:09 PM, TheThing wrote: You sir, are one lucky bastard. I wish any of my girlfriends (hell, even my friends) were so excepting of Newgrounds as she is.
I am trying to exploit her artistic tendencies at the moment. I'm starting off with a few easy things, like a new ident pic, banner and sig pic. Watch this space

That's a good idea. She gets some stuff for her portfolio, and has a little fun, and you get a new profile pic, banner, and sig. You are the luckiest guy on Newgrounds right now.

You should marry her.
No, I've not had enough sex yet!

Alright, smash that a few more times, then marry her before something goes awry and your next girlfriend says you can't go to NG anymore.

At 10/22/07 05:35 PM, aldlv wrote:
If I'd have done everything anyone on the internet told me to do, I'd have made a bathtub full of custard and then eaten myself silly a few years back.

lolwut?

Oh, that reminds me of this thing Gagsy posted in General; it was this gel stuff that you put in your tub, and it's like bathing in Jell-o. It was like Gelli-baff, or something close to that.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-23 20:10:31

At 10/23/07 08:00 PM, SoulKnight96 wrote: PLEASE, HELP ME BLAM THIS!
This is so pathetic. I've been seeing these flashes pass where they DON'T EVEN LOAD! I know I am not part of this crew, but please, help me blam it!

Sorry, but we are not blam machines. We go into the portal and vote fairly and can not be swayed by others and we do not sway each other, either.

Take solace in the fact that we will/have all looked at what is UJ and voted fairly on it, not based on if we think it will or will not pass.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-24 00:42:27

At 10/23/07 08:00 PM, SoulKnight96 wrote: PLEASE, HELP ME BLAM THIS!

Don't try to create a mass voting... don't ask help to us for that...
As RSQViper said.. go to the portal and vote fairly...
And you you think a submission is... "pathetic"... keep it for yourself... we all hate some submissions... but, we do not complain about them that way...

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-24 02:23:24

You may have noticed that there hasn't been the scheduled update yet. Reason being, work and school projects and my big flash project. I may do it some day soon, but if not, it will be next Tuesday.

Sorry guys!

*Salutes*

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-24 08:25:05

At 10/23/07 10:48 AM, Phantom wrote: Again, it did not work, over the past year I've asked 3 different women out, an affirmative response has yet to come.

The solution - ask more women out. You'll get more slaps, but you'll get more success.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-24 11:23:13

At 10/24/07 08:25 AM, Coop83 wrote: The solution - ask more women out. You'll get more slaps, but you'll get more success.

I've heard crazier things in my life, but very few, it's just crazy enough to work. I'll have to see what I can do about it, sadly I know myself, and my polite nature won't allow me to just ask any woman out, because for me the situation has to be right, I won't be the type to hit on some one on the bus...

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-26 06:21:13

At 10/24/07 11:23 AM, Phantom wrote: I've heard crazier things in my life, but very few, it's just crazy enough to work.

Let me know the results :)

I think this one's stolen - look at the writing block on the right, how it falls off the side of the page. No previous submissions by the author, no own website etc

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-26 15:46:42

Finally, Ross has fixed all the gray links! Now we can edit our other favorites, like movies, games, music, and books. Wait, books? Who reads anymore, especially those on NG?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-26 17:54:40

At 10/26/07 03:46 PM, TheThing wrote: Finally, Ross has fixed all the gray links! Now we can edit our other favorites, like movies, games, music, and books. Wait, books? Who reads anymore, especially those on NG?

What the fuck is a book?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-26 17:56:45

At 10/26/07 05:54 PM, RSQViper wrote:
At 10/26/07 03:46 PM, TheThing wrote: Finally, Ross has fixed all the gray links! Now we can edit our other favorites, like movies, games, music, and books. Wait, books? Who reads anymore, especially those on NG?
What the fuck is a book?

haha...
well, honestly..
I still reading books...
ohh.. wait... does school's book counts?...

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-26 20:39:21

At 10/26/07 05:56 PM, aldlv wrote:
At 10/26/07 05:54 PM, RSQViper wrote:
What the fuck is a book?
haha...
well, honestly..
I still reading books...
ohh.. wait... does school's book counts?...

No, it doesn't. I'm sure they mean real books, like the Harry Potter series, or something like that. Maybe Manga counts too. I just want to know how to show it off, since it doesn't show up on the user page.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-26 21:00:08

Back after my computer breaks and surrounded by fire i return. So has the portal been good or bad lately?

Multipurpose Blog/Normal comments.

I'm officially gay now.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-26 23:58:14

Today is a pretty special day for me.

Its my 500th day on Newgrounds and also, my 1st year anniversary in the EGB. I joined back on page 566 exactly 1 year ago. Pretty freaky that both those achievements came on the same day.

*Salutes*

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-27 02:21:06

At 10/26/07 11:58 PM, Sterockicy wrote: Today is a pretty special day for me.

Gongrats! It takes a dedicated person to stay with something for 1 1/2 years, and 1 year (respectively). Tomorrow is my 700th day on NG (ironically), but I can't celebrate a 1 year NGEB anniversary until April 13/14, depending if you count the date of application, or date of official approval.

*Salutes*

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-27 02:31:18

At 10/26/07 08:39 PM, TheThing wrote: No, it doesn't. I'm sure they mean real books, like the Harry Potter series, or something like that. Maybe Manga counts too. I just want to know how to show it off, since it doesn't show up on the user page.

Yes.. I was kidding XD... and Harry potter's are my favorites ones...

At 10/26/07 11:58 PM, Sterockicy wrote: Today is a pretty special day for me.

Its my 500th day on Newgrounds and also, my 1st year anniversary in the EGB. I joined back on page 566 exactly 1 year ago. Pretty freaky that both those achievements came on the same day.

*Salutes*

congrats sir... 1 year... awesome.. I don't even have 1 year on NG... =D

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-27 07:04:59

I read a book every single day. It's amazing what free time you get when you've got a slow portal and all of the threads you usually talk in die back with inactivity over a lunch hour :P

I'm currently reading the Dragons of Pern Series, by Anne McCaffrey Awesome tales of sci fi / fantasy.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-27 19:24:33

I usually don't, I've only read a few books but when I was about 10 I used to read a lot.
I like some books like The Lord Of The Rings, the series of books is better than the film, I think.
I'm going to start reading The Chronicles of Narnia. My brother has just finished reading it and he said it was a great book. It's more than 700 pages long, so I might take more than a month to read the entire book.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-27 21:02:07

At 10/27/07 07:24 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: I usually don't, I've only read a few books but when I was about 10 I used to read a lot.
I like some books like The Lord Of The Rings, the series of books is better than the film, I think.
I'm going to start reading The Chronicles of Narnia. My brother has just finished reading it and he said it was a great book. It's more than 700 pages long, so I might take more than a month to read the entire book.

A month?... that's much... I'm a book eater... XD... I read the Harry Potter books 1 to 4 in a week...
I do like to read... and I like that kind of literature.. The Lord Of The Rings & The Chronicles of Narnia are a good example of a books I would like to get...
But.. I have to wait...
Well the portal have been nice today... a lot of submissions.. and I was working today on my whistle.. but it looks like it doesn't want to get do deity.. :'(

well a nice weekend to everyone...
*salutes*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-27 21:07:17

Sergeant EagleRock reporting for service. I would like to join these fine tropps, sir. i am sorry sir but my whistle is broken, sir.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-27 21:22:53

At 10/27/07 09:07 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: Sergeant EagleRock reporting for service. I would like to join these fine tropps, sir. i am sorry sir but my whistle is broken, sir.

I'm sorry to tell you that you don't have enough b/p point to join
you should have at least 2500...
I like your enthusiasm... when you get to Police Officer (500 B/p point) you can join the N.g Police Headquarters...
that is basically the same.. but... it's for police... 500-2499 B/Pp
and if you want to fix your whistle.. you can go to this topic... Rage's gift to you

and... just to finish... is not Sergeant EagleRock... It's
Sup. Commander EagleRock

so... good luck with the B/Pp...

- Sergeant aldlv

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-27 21:26:22

Hey.. just a question sir...
well.. Slash or Phantom...
can I say Sup. Commander EagleRock
or I should say...
Chief Barracks Officer EagleRock??

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-27 21:26:51

At 10/27/07 09:07 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: Sergeant EagleRock reporting for service. I would like to join these fine tropps, sir. i am sorry sir but my whistle is broken, sir.

Well, that's a problem, Safety Patroller!

First up, one must be of Private rank or higher (2500+ B/P) to join the Barracks. You're off to a good start, but you've still got quite the ways to go! When you reach Security Guard you can apply at the Newgrounds Police Department, where they can help you rank up higher.

Secondly, users with broken whistles are not permitted to join the Barracks. I recommend reading the Newgrounds FAQ carefully, particularly the review guidelines, and then keep an eye on the most recent page or two of the Abusive Review Thread and flag abuse until you fix up your whistle.

---Barracks Recruitment Officer/Portal Operations Officer Supreme Commander Slash Firestorm

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-27 21:28:28

At 10/27/07 09:26 PM, aldlv wrote: Hey.. just a question sir...
well.. Slash or Phantom...
can I say Sup. Commander EagleRock
or I should say...
Chief Barracks Officer EagleRock??

1) FUCK YOU FOR POSTING FASTER THAN ME GAHHH

2) It doesn't matter. I'd personally use B/P rank for general Barracks activity, and officer rank if the situation calls for it.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-27 21:33:40

At 10/27/07 09:28 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: 1) FUCK YOU FOR POSTING FASTER THAN ME GAHHH

Ohh.. sorry Sir... I believe you wasn't loged...

But, it's your job... & I'm not going to answer to the new recruits... anymore...
sorry Sir... *salute*

BBS Signature