00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CyanSilverwolf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Fma Club

45,598 Views | 825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-05 13:10:33

So basically the last two episodes build on the movie.

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-05 13:12:22

At 3/5/06 01:10 PM, supyohos123 wrote: So basically the last two episodes build on the movie.

that seems to clear some things.

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-05 13:37:42

I just expected him to kick Dante's ass and that's it. Not all this WWI shit. But still it makes the series more awesome.

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-05 13:56:52

Yeah I didn't really understand Hitler and the nazis.

Was the planet he landed on Earth while the planet he lived on wasn't Earth??? Was the planet he used to live on called Shambala or it the universe that's called Shambala?

Signature

BBS Signature

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-05 19:18:26

The movie's going to be so fluggin' cool! It would be awesome to see Edward kick some Nazi ass.

That whole Rose/Ed part of last night's episode really freaked me out. I honestly did NOT see that coming.

I know this my sound pathetic, because it is, but I kinda felt sorry for Gluttony. He just wants his Lust back :'( .

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-05 20:17:12

I thought Dante already took over Rose because she was smiling. I would not have seen that whole Ed and his dad getting thrusted into another world. Ed's going to be in that world for a pretty good while.

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-05 21:29:59

At 3/5/06 08:33 AM, Ryan_Kajito wrote: I loved that episode! Can anyone tell me why Ed went to the otherside of the gate?

Yeah Dante used the baby I guess she can control the effect of it with a transmutation circle but on an episode I think 45 she explains everyone contains a little doorway in their heart and something about babies are able to open it because of something they can do while their still a baby wait a second and I'll try to find that episode

BBS Signature

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-05 21:33:06

How long will Ed be killing them Nazi bastads.

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-05 21:35:29

At 3/3/06 04:01 PM, -Edward_Elric- wrote:
At 3/3/06 03:51 PM, JaconWes wrote: Man i need a Sig like that >_>
i think a Hoenheim sig would be best for you, don't you think?

Sure, im good with that, show me what it looks like when ur done.

Now time to clear up some shit with conscpiracies and crap, since u people dont like WWII that much. First off, Edward is most likely in Britain because, one the way the British looked similar to what the people around them were wearing and second the Zepplins had the Cross on it which was the 2nd insignia of the Nazi War machine and Zepplins with it would not attack Germany. Hitler used them against Britain and hence forth.

The gate he went thru (and his father went through) is most likely the gate between Dimensions. Now what i think is what the maker of FMA is trying to point out is when someone dies they go through the gate and to the other dimension to start a new life. Like i said only a theory.

Yes im a religous person (unlike Ed, but scientists are Athiests. I like him all the same though) and a WWII Otaku. Whish is another big reason I want to watch the movie. I want to see what the Creator of FMA portrays when Hitler was gaining power.

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-05 21:45:41

At 3/5/06 09:33 PM, supyohos123 wrote: How long will Ed be killing them Nazi bastads.

To answer your question
-----------------------------------------S
poiler------------------------------------
------------------------------------

He stays there for the next half of episode 50 and he doesn't kill anyone it's more of a learning experience
-------------------------------------End--
------------------------------------------
------------------------------------
Heres the link where the whole talk about the gate happens GATE

BBS Signature

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-06 15:32:50

Alias:

Dipshitprod

Favorite Character:

hard one... Ed, for sure

Alchemy:

Dunno whatcha mean by that, but I allways thought Transmutation was cool, I've got a transmutation theory btw...

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-06 19:24:52

At 3/5/06 09:35 PM, JaconWes wrote: stuff about WWII

The Zeppellin attack shown at the end of Episode 49 was actually part of World War I. Remember Episode 49's preview? It referenced an attack on London in 1916. World War II is still a few decades away, as it takes place in the late 1930s and early 1940s. I've heard that the movie does have a lot to do with the Nazi party, but that's because the Nazi party first began in the 1920s (or maybe before that). World War II really has nothing to do with this.

I am not responsible for the content of the post above.

BBS Signature

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-08 08:22:56

This doesn't really deal with the topic at hand, but oh well.

Has anyone here played the FMA games on adult swim's website?

There's two of them: Iron and Flame, and Flame Out.

Iron and Flame- You play as Edward and/or Alphonse, who have been sent on a mission, by Roy, to kill a crap load of loose chimera's, that were made by Tucker. There are about 10 level's, I think, all of which have different sets of baddies within them. I think it's in okay game, but it's a bit too hard. I had to play as Alphonse the majority of the time, because Edward was too weak in the HP department.

Flame Out- Roy is the character you control in this game, and your given one simple objective: kill anything that moves. He stands in the middle of a transmutation circle (similar to the one printed on his gloves), and can rotate 360 degress, from where he's positioned. Chimera's come at him left and right, and it's your job to click to mouse and send blast's of flames at each and every one of them. If a chimera get's to close, Roy dies, (and screams too, it's really funny) so try to keep him alive as long as possible.

Which do I prefer? Flame Out, because to me it's much more enjoyable. Plus Roy's screaming sound effect makes me laugh everytime.

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-08 21:14:33

At 3/8/06 08:22 AM, Hex-Sama wrote: Has anyone here played the FMA games on adult swim's website?

I've played both of them.

There's also a third game on Funimation's official FMA website...

...but I still think the Mustang one is the best.

BBS Signature

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-08 21:16:24

At 3/8/06 09:14 PM, subpar wrote: There's also a third game on Funimation's official FMA website...

Or, at least I thought there was.

I just looked and can't find it :-D
Oh well.

BBS Signature

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-08 21:20:48

At 3/8/06 08:22 AM, Hex-Sama wrote: This doesn't really deal with the topic at hand, but oh well.

Has anyone here played the FMA games on adult swim's website?

There's two of them: Iron and Flame, and Flame Out.

Iron and Flame- You play as Edward and/or Alphonse, who have been sent on a mission, by Roy, to kill a crap load of loose chimera's, that were made by Tucker. There are about 10 level's, I think, all of which have different sets of baddies within them. I think it's in okay game, but it's a bit too hard. I had to play as Alphonse the majority of the time, because Edward was too weak in the HP department.

I love iron and flame the easiest way to do it is go back to other levels and level up all the way to 20 al will cause like 900 damage every punch and ed can take a full hit from mustang (the last boss)

BBS Signature

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-08 22:13:44

@subpar: Yeah, I remember what game you're talking about, on the official FMA site. It's title was something along the lines of "Journey for the Philosopher's Stone". It was like Fullmetal Alchemist Bro's, but with better graphics and a higher level of difficulty.

@conkerman: Getting to level twenty is fairly easy, especially if you go back and forth between level 8 and 9. It's so funny when Alphonse punches anything, it usually dies in one hit. If I ever used Edward, it's because of his alchemy attacks. It can pack a lot o' power.

This is kinda random, but why did Basque Gran have his shirt open, in Iron and Flame?

Basque Gran: TO SHOW OFF MY PERFECTLY PIXELIZED PECTORAL MUSCLES! Plus, it makes me look very intimidating.

Hex-Sama: Dude... Who died and made you Alex Armstrong?

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-10 16:56:34

I had a wierd dream last night. Ed was going out with Winrey and then for some reason they broke up and I was really, really sad. I was so depressed that they broke up for some reason. Wierd huh?

Signature

BBS Signature

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-10 19:24:47

At 3/10/06 04:56 PM, Ryan_Kajito wrote: I had a wierd dream last night. Ed was going out with Winrey and then for some reason they broke up and I was really, really sad. I was so depressed that they broke up for some reason. Wierd huh?

Don't let your subconcious fool you or you will be disappointed that what you felt wasn't real.

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-11 00:54:31

At 3/10/06 07:24 PM, supyohos123 wrote:
At 3/10/06 04:56 PM, Ryan_Kajito wrote: I had a wierd dream last night. Ed was going out with Winrey and then for some reason they broke up and I was really, really sad. I was so depressed that they broke up for some reason. Wierd huh?
Don't let your subconcious fool you or you will be disappointed that what you felt wasn't real.

supyohos has a point. If you're a person who sticks close to the anime, then you'll have no luck finding "solid" Edward/Winry evidence. However, if you prefer the manga more, then you might find a thing or two.

I'm not saying that it's an official couple, because I don't believe there was EVER a mushy scene between the two. I'd go into detail, but that would contain spoilers, which most people are not fond of. Plus, I don't want to get flamed.

Actually, the only official couple I know of (in FMA) is Roy/Riza. Hiromu Arakawa doesn't bother with romance; she mostly deals with plot, morals, and action. That is what's important, in my opinion.

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-11 20:34:36

Three hours and twenty-six minutes until Episode 50.

BBS Signature

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-12 00:49:16

Oh yeah, today Ed got busted through the gate and got stabbed. His dad's apparently working under a Colonel Churchill. Probably Winston Churchill for all I know. I really don't remember history class. Anyway, it started out fucked up and it ended even more fucked up. Since I have not seen the next episode or the movie, I am left in suspense and I'm going to keep myself in suspense.

I hope I can manage.

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-12 00:58:16

I almost cried at the end of tonight's episode. It was sad.

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-12 00:58:46

to answer a question that people are asking the two worlds are one yet 2. They are in the same place but in a different dimension.. It is like a what if question the world ed comes from focused on alchemy while the other focused on machinery and fisics so it is the 2 possable outcomes to a joining point in the history of the 2 dimensions. Those the gate is really what seperates the 2 dimensions and yet it is also what suports them both as when some one dies in either world someone can live in the other. In the case of the zeplin world when they die they alow alchemists to do alchemy, and when someone dies in eds world it powers war in the zeplin world.

<"Clusterfuck of ideas heading nowhere... " Writersblock

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-12 16:33:32

Did anyone read my post, tahts exactly what I said, it was just a gate through demensions. Also Zepplins were used in that war, but i had no solid evidence which war it was in. Until I saw the Bi-Planes fly in I didnt know which one it was. Subpar, dude I know all about when hitler gained power and when it happend no need to explain. The Nazi Party was created in the 30's, and at first was small but grew in power. The Colonel Churchill that the Soldier was talking to Ed's Dad about was most likely the Prime Minister Churchill who led Britain through WWII (again not sure but it sounds familiar)

On a side note, the way Alchemist get their power is fucked up. Now I think when i die im gonna be used to transmutate a piece od wood into a wooden duck. (irrelevent as it is). This again proves that the creator of FMA is a freaking Genius!

P.S. Please post more, this post is becoming hard to find most of the time. When I came on I saw that some person had tried to make an FMA club and said that if there wasnt one to tell him, because he never found it in his search. Even the Mod/Admin told him it was a hard to find Topic. Just post more, im sure the creator will make more
(hopefully) because thats how Capitalism works. (not trying to sound anti-capitalist there)

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-13 16:39:50

That was Winston Churchill. That's why I was freaked out to hear his name. So it did take place in London. (At least that's what I gather)

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-13 17:51:37

At 3/13/06 04:39 PM, supyohos123 wrote: That was Winston Churchill. That's why I was freaked out to hear his name. So it did take place in London. (At least that's what I gather)

Well there were also the Accents that the soldiers had :D.

Come on people post more.

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-13 18:14:45

After seeing episode 50, I went to look for the final episode in Japanese on the net. I had to know the ending immediately, so I checked on YouTube for the final episode, and it was there.

All I can say is WOW. I can't wait for the movie!!!!

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-13 20:44:24

ok the chreator is not a genius for gosh sake, alchemy used to be big long ago all he did was make their work into a show. The circles all the way to the gate was thought of by real alchemists. Even where the alchemy power comes from is based of real alchemy

<"Clusterfuck of ideas heading nowhere... " Writersblock

Response to The Fma Club 2006-03-14 17:39:42

I almost had the urge to look up the 51st episode information, but I stopped myself in time. I mean after seeing Ed get stabbed made me go nuts for the ending.