00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Harry Potter Appreciation Club

23,795 Views | 303 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2011-10-06 14:11:34

At 9/2/11 04:39 PM, Celvan wrote:
Overall, I felt it was good for what it was, but it could've been so, so much better.
True, very true. After reading the Half Blood Prince, I was so excited to see how the movie would portray the exciting scenes, like the cave, or the battle in Hogwarts. Sadly, the movie never captured the battle or anything in the lightning struck tower.

I think it's because Dumbledore's Army isn't as significant in the movies as it is in the books. They (by "they" I of course mean Ginny, Ron, Hermione as well as Luna and Neville) are keeping watch as a part of the DA I believe. In the movie, no one is keeping watch. There's no conflict. And besides that, the Death Eaters were there for an assassination, not a battle. The movie simply took it in a simpler direction, because the big battles were to be saved for Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Also, hey thread bump.

I can't wait for the DHP2 DVD so I can rape the shit out of my rewind button. I keep watching the final battle on Youtube, from Neville's speech to Voldemort's disintegration. Youtube's probably getting pissed at me.

But it's okay, because I'm pissed too. What shit quality.

*replay*

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2012-04-03 19:01:17

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA yea! I just started reading the damn series a couple days ago. As usual, I'm late to everything, but I've got my reasons for this one..... albeit on good ones....

Unfortunately, I watched a few of the movies, including the final two, so reading the first book with all that I know is painful. Regardless, it's a damn good read.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2012-04-04 03:35:30

At 4/3/12 07:01 PM, jjjkuk wrote: WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA yea! I just started reading the damn series a couple days ago. As usual, I'm late to everything, but I've got my reasons for this one..... albeit on good ones....

Unfortunately, I watched a few of the movies, including the final two, so reading the first book with all that I know is painful. Regardless, it's a damn good read.

I approve of this!

Enjoy the books they really are exciting. Yeah the first two do get old quickly after you've seen the films and after you've read them both once. 3 onwards though is just brilliant. Enjoy them.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2012-04-04 04:36:00

For some reason I've always found it weird thinking about people that love, or even know about, Harry Potter outside of the UK. It just doesn't seem right, yet I'm sure there are at least a few Americans in here.

I'm not sure why exactly, I've just been used to having so much American things in my life, on TV anyway, cartoons and such, for some reason I can't imagine Americans watching things from the UK.

On the topic of Harry Potter, I always liked the films but I've never really been into them that much. In my opinion there just another film series.