00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Slanoth just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

663,277 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-03-29 04:42:29

hey guys how does the FL turntable work???

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-03-29 06:23:06

At 3/23/06 05:54 PM, Musical_Rocky wrote: Yes, I know I'm stupid, and I don't know if someone asked something like this, but...

I have no idea how to compose with FruityLoops, and I don't mean like drums (I don't know how to do that either), but like piano. How do I add instruments and compose with them?

I'm sorry I'm so dumb :(

You could bring up the Piano Roll Window from a instrument and input bars at the corresponding keys. You would do well to experiment with that for lengths or I recommend getting a Composition program for making midi (Finale,Sibelius, etc.) if you perfer inputting notes via sheets.

Just experiment.

NG Review Moderator // Report Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-03-29 11:10:03

sorry for noobish question but can i import a song into FL6 and edit it as i want to use the original and add/delete stuff right there and then not exporting and importing it using god-damn legit programs!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-03-30 15:12:52

As far as the use of the Keyboard as piano keys, is there any way that I can make FL record what keystrokes I hit?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-03-30 15:22:50

At 3/30/06 03:12 PM, HinesDaMan wrote: As far as the use of the Keyboard as piano keys, is there any way that I can make FL record what keystrokes I hit?

the record button at the top???

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-03-30 15:26:10

At 3/30/06 03:22 PM, TJA wrote:
At 3/30/06 03:12 PM, HinesDaMan wrote: As far as the use of the Keyboard as piano keys, is there any way that I can make FL record what keystrokes I hit?
the record button at the top???

I'm meant into the piano roll. And hitting the record button at the top doesn't work anyway. I'm not retarded.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-03-30 15:43:36

Oh yeah, and another question. When something is drawn in the piano roll, say like a second long segment, how would you cut and paste that? I cannot figure that out for the life of me, is there some trick you have to do when you select cut? When I do, Paste is never an option.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-03-30 16:52:28

hmm im not 100% sure on what you mean can u show screenshot and point out what you want help with...

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-02 01:27:27

How do you cut up songs like bits of it for YTMND's or background music using FL6?

Perferably from an .Mp3 file.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-02 01:31:03

At 4/2/06 01:27 AM, Whitekid wrote: How do you cut up songs like bits of it for YTMND's or background music using FL6?

Using Audacity, Soundforge, Goldwave, etc, you can open up the MP3 in it, then highlight what you want gone then hit delete (or do whatever the program your using requires you to hit to get rid of what is selected).

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-02 01:36:02

At 4/2/06 01:27 AM, Whitekid wrote: How do you cut up songs like bits of it for YTMND's or background music using FL6?

Oh shit sorry, this is -zenon-'s alt account.
I didnt read your post right.

Ok, go in FL, open up an 'audio clip', then go to the little file thing and open up your MP3 you wanna slice, and then when you open it, then click on the little place on the sequencer that you can put like, automation clips and samples and stuff, then switch your clicker to the knife tool, then cut away whatever you want gone.

Observe:

I'm Zenon. Stop giving me those weird looks when I have a different name :'(

And I'm submitting music on THIS account now! Check it out instead of on "ZENON" :O

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-02 01:40:52

At 4/2/06 01:31 AM, -ZENON- wrote:

Using Audacity, Soundforge, Goldwave, etc, you can open up the MP3 in it, then highlight what you want gone then hit delete (or do whatever the program your using requires you to hit to get rid of what is selected).

HAHAHA I GOT IT!!!

Thanks a lot man!!!

But its seriously not possible with FL6?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-02 01:42:14

At 4/2/06 01:40 AM, Whitekid wrote:

I read your post wrong, and then posted with my alt account z3n0n on how to do it with FL.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-02 01:48:33

At 4/2/06 01:42 AM, -ZENON- wrote:
At 4/2/06 01:40 AM, Whitekid wrote:
I read your post wrong, and then posted with my alt account z3n0n on how to do it with FL.

oh ok thanks a lot for that too!

I got it for Audacity and FL now :D

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-02 04:49:43

And what is the latest version of FLStudio and is there a free update or a purchaseble one?
You don't update FL...you buy the newest one. The newest is FL 6, and its not much better than FL 5, but since i don't have it, im just going to say the hype. I hear it has better mastering capabilites and its less harder on your CPU.

Yup, FL6 is nicer against your CPU =)

Worship.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-02 10:15:56

At 4/2/06 01:36 AM, Z3N0N wrote: Observe:

oh thats what he meant...

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-12 04:14:58

Me=Newb

where can i find some free Electric guitar loops? i looked everywhere (the first 2 pages of google search) but the only ones i find cost money.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-14 22:49:23

I would very much like to Creat Ambient or Trance music. How would I go about doing that in Fruity Loops? The effects and stuff or what ever. >: ( It's been like a year since I used FL, I forget everything

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-14 22:52:27

At 4/14/06 10:49 PM, Mac-Beth wrote: I would very much like to Creat Ambient or Trance music. How would I go about doing that in Fruity Loops? The effects and stuff or what ever. >: ( It's been like a year since I used FL, I forget everything

First, Set if you have your bases already (like... you know your stuff a bit) Then set up your drums and bases, then go and get a "Pad" instrument. So it's like wavy, and not precise, prefect for your uses. Then go ahead and play with that. If you need more precision feel free to contact me i'll help you.

You think you've seen the Internet? My previous Newgrounds banner was my Myspace page.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-14 22:56:42

At 4/12/06 04:14 AM, natemasterbates wrote: Me=Newb

where can i find some free Electric guitar loops? i looked everywhere (the first 2 pages of google search) but the only ones i find cost money.

They are kinda hard to find... try to get them from songs here maybe, but it's really useful to know how to do them yourself... or use some that they give with Fl studio :(

You think you've seen the Internet? My previous Newgrounds banner was my Myspace page.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-14 23:05:50

At 4/14/06 10:52 PM, D3C4r7 wrote:
First, Set if you have your bases already (like... you know your stuff a bit) Then set up your drums and bases, then go and get a "Pad" instrument. So it's like wavy, and not precise, prefect for your uses. Then go ahead and play with that. If you need more precision feel free to contact me i'll help you.

Oh my! Thank you very much!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-14 23:31:32

At 4/14/06 10:52 PM, D3C4r7 wrote: First, Set if you have your bases already (like... you know your stuff a bit) Then set up your drums and bases, then go and get a "Pad" instrument. So it's like wavy, and not precise, prefect for your uses. Then go ahead and play with that. If you need more precision feel free to contact me i'll help you.

Good, but you failed to explain the purpose of all of the main essentials of electronic music >:(

In nearly every song, there is percussion. Theres different styles of percussion, and for trance/techno, the percussion is ment to be a steady 4 beat, with flow in it. No 4 beat, it feels unfinished, and no flow, and its very unapealing(SP?). As for ambient, percussion doesn't really matter. Its about relxation, if you choose to have percussion, make it subtle. Unless you like it loud, then be my guest.

The bassline is usualy what drives the song. Some say its the melody, others say the pad, and yet others say the drums. All of those contribute, but what is one of the only instruments playing in the song? The bass. What adds a hell of a lot of rythym in both ambient AND trance? Bass. The bass makes everything melodic, so never brush the bass off and make a cheap bass synth, or make it unmelodic or something that would ruin the song.

The melody, in either ambient or trance, can or cannot exist. Yes, trance builds up to something, and it needs something to top it off, but the melody always doesn't need to be there. The irst trance songs ever made were repeitious patterns playing with no melody, and if you listened, the song told a story, or so it seemed. If you have a melody, make it powerful. If you don't, make the rest of the song count.
Ambient melodies... err... if anything, most melodies in ambient are all mistakes, and completely unintenional. That, unless, you choose to have a melodic, yet subtle, melody. Keep it smooth though, as is the purpose of ambient.

D3C4r7 said that you should HAVE to play around with a pad. Now, the purpose of a pad is nearly for the same reason that the bassline is there, only that it isn't as nessecary. If the song sounds empty, then add a pad to fill up the empty spaces and make it seem more firm.
Now you migt be asking what a pad is.
A pad is any instrument that goes on for a long time, and fills space, and is subtle. Electonic phased synths, orchaestras, deep basses, all qualify as pads.
Its also a good idea to make the pad follow the bassline, but if you think it sounds better otherwise, then go with it.

There, that should help you out, Mac-Beth.

I'm Zenon. Stop giving me those weird looks when I have a different name :'(

And I'm submitting music on THIS account now! Check it out instead of on "ZENON" :O

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-15 11:42:52

does fruity loops have a decent piano sound i checked the 3x Osc...none there and the synths and sytruses and none there where is the damn piano!!! (oh i found a bunch of piano sound things but they sound like the piano setting you'd get off a keyboard)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-15 12:57:22

Much freaking love to you Z3N0N! <3333333 That was very detailed. <333

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-16 00:08:15

At 4/15/06 11:42 AM, TJA wrote: does fruity loops have a decent piano sound i checked the 3x Osc...none there and the synths and sytruses and none there where is the damn piano!!! (oh i found a bunch of piano sound things but they sound like the piano setting you'd get off a keyboard)

Try Plugin Presets > Genorators > Fl Keys

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-16 13:07:52

How would I slice something?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-16 16:06:26

There are a few ways.
Simplest is to use fruityslicer.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-16 17:52:18

May I ask what a VST is or a VSTi?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-16 20:31:43

its like a plugin.

Bluntly, its a vurtual instrament.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-17 02:07:22

how does the vocoder work, and how can i put my own sounds in the program....like my voice