00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

659,449 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-22 11:15:12

You're an idiot. You obviously don't know what Fruityloops is really capable of being used for.

I use Fruityloops as a ReWire client master to Reason 3.0, and even Cubase SX 3.

I use Fruiyloops to control external hardware, such as my Yamaha Clavinova CVP-207.

However, because you're so blindly against the use of this program, you automatically assume that only people who suck use it.

Well guess what ,YOU suck, for being so ignorant about the capabilities of audio software. I use Reason, Fruityloops, and Cubase all the time, and they're all not that hard at all if you know how to use audio software.

Each program, in itself, including Reason, doesn't take you that far in itself. If you really want to get further, you find more resources, such as VST plugins (WHICH, BY THE WAY, REASON DOESN'T SUPPORT. WHAT A HUGE CON THERE), hardware, etc.

Don't go around posting stupid petitions and arguing with random people, proclaiming yourself as an audio expert, when you have unfathomable distances yet to go before being justified in such aimless ranting.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-22 11:59:38

At 4/22/05 08:04 AM, Khuskan wrote: I got a question.
Long, Boring Story Here
Fruityloops is to audio what Swish is to flash. Cheap.

And still, I have a recorddeal and you don't. And on top of that, I use Fruity Loops. What now, n00b? Gonne tell me I have no musical knowledge? :)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-22 21:47:25

Why use fruitloops when you can use real music software to origional results instead of limited sampling and beatbox meathods that produces pretty much the same style of music all the time.

Did ParagonX9, probably the most acclaimed music artist on the AP use fruityloops? No he did not. He used Reason 2.5. I use Reason 3.0, both of which are software which requires reasonable ammounts of musical knowledge to even get started in the first place.

Khuskan;

I can´t by any means agree to what u´ve said here. U use Reason, so do I.. Reason aint that damn complicated, the first program I learned was FastTracker2, from scratch all by myself. THAT was complicated. Reason was easy compared to that, not saying that I´m an expert on reason, but I know how to make a tune :D

People use different software for different reasons, I use reason and I am learning cubase. I have never tried out FL, but im sure there are many advantages (except the price tag), since many people decide to go for tha program. And as for producing
same style of music, it´s not the program that decides what preset´s/samples u wanna use, u do. Correct me if im wrong though, like i said i have no knowledge of FL. As for Reason, I use the soundbanks included as little as possible. More fun using the synths and making your "own" sounds. But that´s up to the individual. Not everyone has the time to do learn that stuff.

Anyway, this thread is for asking questions about FL and I assume that means mainly TECHNICAL questions, so u wont see any more posts by me here (probably). So lets end the bullshit-crap posts here and take the thread seiously. U asked y use FL, think again and there are plenty of reasons to do so.

Anyone who´s got good knowledge of other progs should start up similiar threads for other progs. U feel an urge to help other reason-users, Khuskan? :)

/Rucklo

Wakka wakka

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-23 16:38:12

Why use fruitloops when you can use real music software to origional results instead of limited sampling and beatbox meathods that produces pretty much the same style of music all the time.

Did ParagonX9, probably the most acclaimed music artist on the AP use fruityloops? No he did not. He used Reason 2.5. I use Reason 3.0, both of which are software which requires reasonable ammounts of musical knowledge to even get started in the first place.

Ok I appreciate its easy to use, and i'll even appreciate that not everyone is comfortable with Reasons hefty £600 price tag, bu t as far as I see it, any program where you dont actually have to be able to play an instrument isnt a decent piece of music software.

People who use FL may and in most chances play a real instrument. You don't see any noob just creating a great piece in FL studio. Most people know the piano, drums and guitar for that matter. These instruments should and most likely will help when creating your music in FL studio.

FL isnt cheap. You are.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-08 03:17:34

I have a few questions about Fruity Loops:

What is/are VSTi?
What does it stand for?
What am I missing out on by not using Fruity Loops with Reason Wired to it?
How would I go abouts doing this?

At 4/23/05 04:38 PM, Metaleks wrote: FL isnt cheap. You are.

I thought Fruity Loops was like... $50.

Audio | Alter | It sounds like a fire hydrant went off in an old folks home with screaming babies field recorded, glitched, and spontaneously played back.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-08 10:46:21

I need help i know its probelly simple but

but all my songs are in a pattern format and then when I try to make it a song nothing ever play's how do I turn the pattern into a song.

And is there a big difference between them??

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-08 18:59:05

omfg pwned

only people who are too lazy to learn the power of fruityloops say it sucks

rawr.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-08 19:03:18

At 6/8/05 10:46 AM, PiePie wrote: I need help i know its probelly simple but

but all my songs are in a pattern format and then when I try to make it a song nothing ever play's how do I turn the pattern into a song.

And is there a big difference between them??

u make a pattern, then you open the playlist, and u click next to the pattern u jus did.

that puts it on a playlist so you can have multiple patterns play at once and at different times.

click song next to the play button to play or hear the song, click pat to play or hear the pattern.

this goes with saving the song as .mp3 as well.

rawr.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-08 19:04:42

At 6/8/05 03:17 AM, JonH2O wrote:
What is/are VSTi?
What does it stand for?

VST stands for Virtual Studio Technology. Generally, VSTs are used as plugins, and since they are standardized, they can be used in a large variety of programs. Most VSTs are synthesizers and effects, but there are many that are sequencers or drum machines. Remember, these can be used as plugins, so you can use them within programs, like Fruityloops (For example, if you have a VST synthesizer, you could load it in to Fruityloops and use it just like FL's native synthesizers, like the 3xOSC, TS404, Wasp, etc.). There are several threads in this forum dedicated to listing VSTs that are favored by users here.

What am I missing out on by not using Fruity Loops with Reason Wired to it?
How would I go abouts doing this?

The only thing you're really missing out on is using Reason itself. Reason, like Fruityloops, is a full-blown music program. When ReWired to Fruitylooops, it drastically increases your capabilities because it can be controlled by Fruityloops while maintaining full functionality in itself.

At 4/23/05 04:38 PM, Metaleks wrote: FL isnt cheap. You are.
I thought Fruity Loops was like... $50.

It depends on what version you buy. There is a listing of all the different versions on Fruityloops's website.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-08 19:09:27

some question, idiot

Why use fruitloops when you can use real music software to origional results instead
of limited sampling and beatbox meathods that produces pretty much the same style
of music all the time.

why dont you stop using samples and use synths like a REAL music producer.
and if you knew anything about fruityloops youd know it has more than enough capabilitys to handle almost every genre of music. i could name somone who is good at their catagory of music for every catagory that uses fruityloops.

Did ParagonX9, probably the most acclaimed music artist on the AP use fruityloops?
No he did not. He used Reason 2.5. I use Reason 3.0, both of which are software which requires : :reasonable ammounts of musical knowledge to even get started in the first place.

who the fuck cares about paragon, why dont you take a look at B0UNC3. he uses fruityloops.

Ok I appreciate its easy to use, and i'll even appreciate that not everyone is comfortable with Reasons hefty £600 price tag, bu t as far as I see it, any program where you dont actually have to be able to play an instrument isnt a decent piece of music software.

You dont have to be able to play an instrument to use reason u moron.

who the fuck cares how much it costs, its still as good if not better than the other programs.

rawr.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-09 09:57:04

Im making a song and well its really fast with lots of bass and stuff but when I add a sound it doesn't really go loud enough like you don't hear it at all so then the song just loses it beat and then it sucks.

So is there any FX or something to make that certain sound louder??

I tried puting the other sound lower in volume but then it just messes up the song.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-09 10:32:19

At 6/9/05 10:03 AM, Bjra wrote: go to the master channel and select the fx "fruity parametric EQ" and mess around with that a bit, for that fx is your friend..., and finally if you screw it up bad, just select another fx where the eq is, the reselect eq to set it to default*

hope that helped

ok well now it's louder it's just its to scartchy had do I make everything smooth but loud, I tried fruity parametric Eq and it didnt do much???

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-09 13:05:00

Bjra everything's a mess I worked for like 3 hours staright Im not in the mood I will leave it for an other day.

It just kept on clipping and I could not find the frutiy soft clipper.....

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-09 13:37:08

Deal bjra I will send it to you but you better not steal it and claim it as your own evoltionary song of teh century.....

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-09 14:52:46

Done the song thanks bjra and well bounc3 i tried your thing but it wasn't as kool so thanks anyway's.

Excellent I thought I would of never finished it....

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-19 20:50:18

How do I reduce echo?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-19 22:11:41

At 6/19/05 08:50 PM, jeremysfilms wrote: How do I reduce echo?

It depends if you are using an FX echo or the echo in the sounds window. (where you can choose arpegg too)

if you are in the sounds window you anly have to turn the knob down. (the one on the far left in the echo square)

if it is a FX echo you can reduce the amount knob or something like that.

I wanna thank Mydnite for creating my awsome sig!

And be sure to check out my music ^^

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-20 15:31:28

How do you make one sound stop an others keep going? Like i have a voice at the start of my song, but it keeps replaying....how do i make it stop?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-20 18:27:27

At 6/20/05 03:31 PM, themonkeyonNG wrote: How do you make one sound stop an others keep going? Like i have a voice at the start of my song, but it keeps replaying....how do i make it stop?

hm.. i dont know if this will be a good answer..

first click on the sample, then go to the screen where you can see a window with about six knobs under it (the window has some lines and dots connected to eachother). when you turn down the knob to the far right you will make the sound fade out faster or slower after you stop playing it... if you try to turn all the knobs so they will make the lines and dots resamble an "I"
in the window i think you can make the sound stop....

Phew! i dont know if this was of any help. but i tried. i dont have fruity loops on this computor so i can go check it out now.

well well... hope it helped.

good luck!

I wanna thank Mydnite for creating my awsome sig!

And be sure to check out my music ^^

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-22 14:42:25

Got a question for anyone with an answer- I'm making an mp3 on Fruity Loops. How can I keep the file size small while preserving the sound quality? It has to sound professional, cuz this is also going up on my website! Anyone have any advice?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-22 14:53:02

At 6/20/05 03:31 PM, themonkeyonNG wrote: How do you make one sound stop an others keep going? Like i have a voice at the start of my song, but it keeps replaying....how do i make it stop?

There are a couple ways. One- you could just turn that individual sound off.
-Go to an empty pattern. (Make sure it is completely empty.
-Right-click on the on/off button for that sound and click "edit events."
-Click on the bottom of the graph that pops up (so that the reading is 0%). This will cause the instrument to turn off when that pattern is played.
-Give the pattern a name like "(insert sound name here) mute" so you know what it is.
-On the playlist screen, put that pattern in whenever you want that particular sound to be off.

Another possibility is that you might have a delay set to that sound. That's also easy to fix.
-Check what FX channel that sound is set to.
-Find that FX channel and click on "Fruity Delay" or whatever delay generator you use. This will turn off the delay.
-Or, you could adjust the delay so it fades out quicker. Simply turn the "fade" knob to your liking.

There is one more way this could be happening. Check every pattern in your song. Its possible that there's a step or note being applied to that sound by mistake somewhere in another pattern (i.e.- you've got piano in one pattern, drums in another, but you accidentally put a note for piano in on the drum pattern. This causes that note to be played along with the drums every time that pattern is put into the playlist.) If this is the case, just go back and delete the error. (Note, this could take a while if your song is really complex. Have faith.)

Hope that helps.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-13 06:28:34

Is there a good set of areophone samples availible for Fruityloops? I seem to have plenty of drums and strings here in my default samples folder, but no wind insturments that I can see, outside of some chiors and one big brass hit. If there are some in the default directories and I just haven't found them yet, please tell me what folder they should be in. Also, if there is a FL gizmo of some sort to do flutes/trumpets/pipes/ etc that works better than sampling, please tell me about it.

Also, do you know of any good sites where FruityLoops samples can be found? I am not interested in loops so much as individual notes.

Thanks in advance. :)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-13 13:26:27

will i die by choking on a fruitloop?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-14 08:00:52

At 7/13/05 06:28 AM, WarpZone wrote: Is there a good set of areophone samples availible for Fruityloops? I seem to have plenty of drums and strings here in my default samples folder, but no wind insturments that I can see, outside of some chiors and one big brass hit...

It sounds like what you want might not be a sample, but it could be a generator. This is like the 3xOsc or TS404- a program that uses a number of oscillators to generate a pitch with a certain quality and tone. Try looking in the "Channel Presets" folder for your wind instruments. Either that, or you could customize the 3xOsc to give you the sound that you want.

Lemme know if this works for ya.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-14 13:31:38

At 6/29/05 06:49 PM, Dizfunktion wrote: With FL Studio 4, I'm trying to make fading in and fading out on instruments or channels or whatever. How do I do this? ( i guess on the timeline)

do you mean an instrument which fades in and out while being played or just a fade in out on the begin on the song, you have many posibilies with that you know..

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-14 15:14:35

I need help making good long techno, trance music that actually sounds good. Most of the stuff I submit don't get noticed and aren't that good.

First could you tell me where all the cool meters are, and where to finds them?

Secondly, could you tell me where all the cool props are, and how do I get levels, and grooves to work?

Thanks so much in advance, I would really appreciate it. :)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-14 15:42:49

When I playing with the keyboard so when its recording, its recording very bad
and some of the sounds too short or long, and before im recording so all the sounds are fine.

Why?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-14 15:44:56

At 6/29/05 06:49 PM, Dizfunktion wrote: With FL Studio 4, I'm trying to make fading in and fading out on instruments or channels or whatever. How do I do this? ( i guess on the timeline)

Hey! its you! Dizfunktion! Remember me? you sent me an email about the kat krew sumthing. to ariels111@walla.co.il.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-14 16:03:41

At 7/14/05 03:42 PM, HidraolicCat wrote: When I playing with the keyboard so when its recording, its recording very bad
and some of the sounds too short or long, and before im recording so all the sounds are fine.

Why?

because the sync is a bit later:(

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-14 16:32:53

At 7/14/05 04:03 PM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 7/14/05 03:42 PM, HidraolicCat wrote: When I playing with the keyboard so when its recording, its recording very bad

Why?
because the sync is a bit later:(

Is there a way to fix it?