New Topic Respond to this Topic
nathanallenpinard
nathanallenpinard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-15 09:39:27 Reply

At 6/13/09 11:58 AM, HarraH wrote: Thanks xKore that did the trick :) I had it muted, silly me. Also, I didnt know note velocity was note volume, thanks for that as well!

Velocity also determines which sample is played if the note has multiple samples.

pr0ded
pr0ded
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-15 12:25:21 Reply

how do i make the automation 'resolution' higher, make it more precise, is another view outside playlist?

pr0ded
pr0ded
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-15 12:39:57 Reply

err clips, cant seem to do anything between those lines

Steven-Polley
Steven-Polley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-15 13:04:12 Reply

At 6/15/09 12:25 PM, pr0ded wrote: how do i make the automation 'resolution' higher, make it more precise, is another view outside playlist?

Up at the top, set snapping to something smaller, or "none". Be sure to change it back to how you had it, if you should want your notes in the piano roll to be laid down in a quantized fashion.

Or if you have it set to "line" you can just zoom in on the playlist.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

Want a cool TF2-based and Minecraft gaming forum? Check us out WDZClan.com
We're the largest pub TF2 community on Steam!
Also, check out my Youtube!

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-15 13:07:45 Reply

At 6/15/09 01:04 PM, Steven-Polley wrote:
At 6/15/09 12:25 PM, pr0ded wrote: how do i make the automation 'resolution' higher, make it more precise, is another view outside playlist?
explanation

Ah shit I though he meant this. Oh well I'll post it anyway.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

Steven-Polley
Steven-Polley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-15 13:28:02 Reply

At 6/15/09 01:07 PM, MICHhimself wrote: Ah shit I though he meant this. Oh well I'll post it anyway.

very noice diargraammm. I like the glow lol.

BBS Signature
pr0ded
pr0ded
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-16 12:26:17 Reply

aye thanks you two

now, ive got phosycon, and when i set it to external sequencing and put a note in the piano roll i get no sound, any explanations?

Steven-Polley
Steven-Polley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-16 15:55:00 Reply

Are you using ASIO4ALL? The driver sometimes has problems when running two audio applications at once.

BBS Signature
liqourish
liqourish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-16 20:53:08 Reply

how to change the temp to XX accordingly. i know to create a automation but its very hard to get it back to its original (begining tempo). is there any way to set it specificaly in the automations? ive been zooming in all the way and still cant get 160bpm but somewaht close (159)....its very irritating

BBS Signature
xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-17 04:43:43 Reply

At 6/16/09 08:53 PM, liqourish wrote: how to change the temp to XX accordingly. i know to create a automation but its very hard to get it back to its original (begining tempo). is there any way to set it specificaly in the automations? ive been zooming in all the way and still cant get 160bpm but somewaht close (159)....its very irritating

Either use the tool Michhimself pointed out (up a few posts, on this page), to zoom in on the automation clips so you can exact it,

Or the best way to automate tempo is to go to a new pattern, name it 'tempo change' or something and right click the tempo and go on 'Edit events', and draw the automation in there, you may have to scroll down a bit to find the right tempo area, you normally start in the 200-300bpm area. The exact bpm is shown in the statusbar thingy under the '[File/Tools/View/Channels]' toolbar thing.

To do a straight line automation in the edit events, just right click and hold at the tempo you're starting at, at the start of the timeline, and then drag as long and to whatever tempo you want it to end up at, it should draw a straight line with steps where the tempo changes digit.

And then paste down that pattern when you want to do the tempo change.

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-17 06:07:16 Reply

At 6/17/09 04:43 AM, xKore wrote: Tempo automation using edit events explanation

Thank you xKore, that was quite helpful to me too. I never used Edit events properly myself.
The more you know! =D

Ronoblasphlmy
Ronoblasphlmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-18 00:03:44 Reply

Looking for a way to add Reverb to a sound. I know how to delay and such, but I'm looking to make sounds and voices to sound as if they are in a big open room, like a cafeteria or something. Any way to do that?

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-20 12:06:46 Reply

At 6/18/09 12:03 AM, Ronoblasphlmy wrote: Looking for a way to add Reverb to a sound. I know how to delay and such, but I'm looking to make sounds and voices to sound as if they are in a big open room, like a cafeteria or something. Any way to do that?

Easy. You go on the mixer and on an empty bar, press the arrow and choose 'Fruity Reeverb'. Then, change it as much as you want it to be.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-20 12:08:21 Reply

Hey, does anyone know how to change the name that comes up at the very top left of the screen on that help bar?

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-20 13:01:00 Reply

At 6/20/09 12:08 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Hey, does anyone know how to change the name that comes up at the very top left of the screen on that help bar?

You can change it by simply saving the project as the name, and it will say [projectname].flp, alternatively you can go to options > project info and the 'title' form changes the text in the top bar.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-21 02:56:02 Reply

At 6/20/09 01:01 PM, xKore wrote:
At 6/20/09 12:08 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Hey, does anyone know how to change the name that comes up at the very top left of the screen on that help bar?
You can change it by simply saving the project as the name, and it will say [projectname].flp, alternatively you can go to options > project info and the 'title' form changes the text in the top bar.

OK, thanks for the information, but is there any way to change the name anyway, so that when I start a new project, I see it come up?

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-21 03:50:38 Reply

At 6/21/09 02:56 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: OK, thanks for the information, but is there any way to change the name anyway, so that when I start a new project, I see it come up?

Register your copy of Fl-studio under the name you want to see coming up there.

KrisSumara
KrisSumara
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-21 14:20:06 Reply

I got a question, I was looking at the templates earlier and I was wondering If I could make my own template? For example I would call the Template, Blahness of Awesome and It would start up with my selected VST's and sample and such.

BBS Signature
Steven-Polley
Steven-Polley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-21 14:45:30 Reply

At 6/21/09 02:20 PM, djsumara wrote: I got a question, I was looking at the templates earlier and I was wondering If I could make my own template? For example I would call the Template, Blahness of Awesome and It would start up with my selected VST's and sample and such.

Yes.

Go to <FL Install location>/data/projects/templates and copy a folder from there, paste it, and rename it as your own. Open the .nfo file in notepade and type in your description, you can change the icon file, but you'll need a program capable of editing .PNG's. GIMP is good for this.

And from there on, it's just a matter of replacing the FLP in that file. It'll appear on the menu with the rest of the templates next time you start FL Studio.

If you need help, let me know via pm or something...

BBS Signature
Steven-Polley
Steven-Polley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-21 14:47:27 Reply

At 6/21/09 03:50 AM, MICHhimself wrote:
At 6/21/09 02:56 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: OK, thanks for the information, but is there any way to change the name anyway, so that when I start a new project, I see it come up?

Lol, it's like he's screaming "I'm a pirate" just by asking that question.

BBS Signature
Billtog
Billtog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-22 05:32:49 Reply

Okay, I'm sure this question has been answered before... but hey, the thread is 119 pages long.

Short version: I'm hooking up my MIDI keyboard and Fruity Loops doesn't react well to it. If I try to play too fast, it doesn't pick up all the notes. Obviously, this sucks because I can't play many rhythms. What can I do to fix this?

Hell yeah, motherfucker.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-22 07:55:58 Reply

At 6/21/09 02:47 PM, Steven-Polley wrote:
At 6/21/09 03:50 AM, MICHhimself wrote:
Lol, it's like he's screaming "I'm a pirate" just by asking that question.

Lol I know, but it can also be screaming "I did a typo in the name :(" a well, couldn't it?

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-22 08:06:29 Reply

At 6/22/09 05:32 AM, Billtog wrote: Okay, I'm sure this question has been answered before... but hey, the thread is 119 pages long.

Short version: I'm hooking up my MIDI keyboard and Fruity Loops doesn't react well to it. If I try to play too fast, it doesn't pick up all the notes. Obviously, this sucks because I can't play many rhythms. What can I do to fix this?

Well there are some latency compensation things... but generally there's not much you can do about it.
The best option would be using a sound card with asio and adjust the delay compensation settings, though that may cause some weird crackling. The best way to minimize latency issues is just get a good fast soundcard and other fast hardware. (after some googling)

varrin7
varrin7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-22 16:44:50 Reply

How do I fade a note out in the piano roll? I can't seem to get the notes to ease out, they just stop immediately. I can change their velocity, but it only seems to change their volume for the whole duration. I want to create a decrescendo on one note, so how do I do that?

===========================< Need a soundtrack for your game or flash? A score for your film perhaps?>==========================

BBS Signature
xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-22 16:54:23 Reply

At 6/22/09 04:44 PM, varrin7 wrote: How do I fade a note out in the piano roll? I can't seem to get the notes to ease out, they just stop immediately. I can change their velocity, but it only seems to change their volume for the whole duration. I want to create a decrescendo on one note, so how do I do that?

find the ADSR envelopes on the instrument that you are using and turn up the release knob.

varrin7
varrin7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-22 17:13:51 Reply

At 6/22/09 04:54 PM, xKore wrote:
At 6/22/09 04:44 PM, varrin7 wrote:
turn up the release knob.

yes, but then this makes ALL of the notes fade out, so they "spill over" into the next note. I need a way to modify the volume of one note, and make that single not fade out.

===========================< Need a soundtrack for your game or flash? A score for your film perhaps?>==========================

BBS Signature
xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-22 17:16:14 Reply

At 6/22/09 05:13 PM, varrin7 wrote:
turn up the release knob.
yes, but then this makes ALL of the notes fade out, so they "spill over" into the next note. I need a way to modify the volume of one note, and make that single not fade out.

Clone the instrument, turn up the release and do that one note in the second instance of the instrument.

varrin7
varrin7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-22 17:21:38 Reply

At 6/22/09 05:16 PM, xKore wrote:
At 6/22/09 05:13 PM, varrin7 wrote:
Clone the instrument, turn up the release and do that one note in the second instance of the instrument.

I really hope that's not the only way to do it, otherwise I'm gonna have a lot of tracks :P

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-23 08:06:57 Reply

At 6/22/09 04:44 PM, varrin7 wrote: How do I fade a note out in the piano roll? I can't seem to get the notes to ease out, they just stop immediately. I can change their velocity, but it only seems to change their volume for the whole duration. I want to create a decrescendo on one note, so how do I do that?

Probably this isn't the best way, but this is the way I do it. I make a seperate pattern for that one note, and I right-click on its volume knob in the step sequencer. Then, I press 'Edit Events' and click and hold, moving the mouse up or down depending on how loud I want it. With this method, you're completely in control on how you want its volume to be, and can mak it fade away, get louder, etc. Hope I helped :)

BBS Signature
boney-man
boney-man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-23 08:24:35 Reply

right-click the volume knob for that channel and select Edit Events, then you can automate the volume for that pattern.

#1286129 // soundcloud.com/1shibumi

BBS Signature