00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,494 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-08 13:12:34

At 7/7/09 07:45 PM, la-yinn wrote:
At 7/7/09 07:01 PM, Gravey1 wrote: I knew it was gonna be something ridiculously simple. Thanks man!

-Gravey-
More easier way is to press ctrl+L. That sends the channel to the first free mixer channel and names it after the channel. I do that every time I open a new channel nowadays. It's pretty much goes automatic and it's really conveniant to work with. :-)

That's not what he meant, he means those 4 'send' channels over there. Some effects sound much better when applied on a send channel (for example reverb). Read again, without rush.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-12 02:47:43

How do you make two different patterns have different tempo's (bpm)?

I can only set the entire song as for example 140 as the tempo. Is it possible to make certain sounds a different tempo from the rest of the song?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-13 16:06:14

Use layers and every time you record a sample put it into a new layer.

Can anyone help with my previous question?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-13 21:09:17

If you are using audio samples then you can use the time-stretch options which are in the box that appears when you double click the sample in the time-line.

Hope this helps.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-14 01:24:29

At 6/30/09 08:03 AM, xKore wrote:
At 6/30/09 06:20 AM, Billtog wrote:
At 6/24/09 05:14 AM, Billtog wrote: Thanks for all the answers, guys. I'm doing well so far.
I have another one for you. I downloaded a plugin (dblue Glitch 1.3), and I want to use it on a specific pattern instead of the entire song. How do I do that? I tried right clicking on the instrument and using the Insert function, but that didn't work at all.
I still haven't had this answered.

Also, where can I get some sounds that aren't awful? I downloaded a couple of so-called "sample packs" but all that was in the rar was a text file, a midi, and an html file. I want something I can use in FL Studio, for instance a saxophone would be nice.
For dblue, put it on the instert for the instrument in that pattern, next to the slot where you put it, turn the mix level to 0% and then right click and go on 'init song in this position'. Then create and automation clip to change it from 0% to 100% and vice versa to switch it on and off.

As for sample packs, you'd be much better off looking for VSTis for instruments like saxaphone etc, I could give some links to some sample packs if you were more specific about the music you were creating though. However there's a good variety of stuff at Breakbeat Paradise.

I like to mix genres. I have a decent amount of stuff to use for an electronic sound, but there's nothing good for classical. There are no strings, pianos, or organs that sound decent, and there are no winds to speak of. I also need some mallet percussion (xylophone, tubular bells, vibraphone, et cetera). A bass drum that you can actually hear would be great too (maybe an entire rock kit). All in all, I'm pretty frustrated with the instrument packs that come with Fruity Loops and have had no luck downloading anything good. If anyone could link me, that would be fantastic. :)

And thanks for all the help so far! Considering the price tag, I'm trying to get as much out of the program as possible. It's powerful, but it's not user-friendly. Thank God for you guys.

Hell yeah, motherfucker.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-14 01:30:54

I went to the Breakbeat Paradise website that was linked, and I couldn't find anything useful. I downloaded what I thought were a bunch of useful instruments, but it seems all they have there is loops and pre-made beats. I'm looking to write my own music with better sounds, not just compile pre-made stuff. I don't know if there's some terminology for it that I'm unaware of, but I want something I can write my own music for on the piano roll, like something where if I put one note on the piano roll, it only plays that note.

Hell yeah, motherfucker.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-14 23:27:43

I'm having an issue with using my Edirol Orchestra in FL Studio. I have the VST in FL fine, and it plays fine. Except for the fact I can only seem to use the first instrument at the top of my list. How do I make it so I can use all the instruments on the list?

I want to create a really nifty brass ensmble, with pannings all over the audio spectrum. Rather than use a brass ensemble preset on one channel. I know it has to be possible to use all the output channels at once, because if you couldn't they simply wouldn't have given 16 channels in the plug-in.

Thanks!

-Gravey-

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-15 01:40:26

At 7/14/09 11:27 PM, Gravey wrote: Edirol Orchestra Problem

I have the same problem, I figured it out once a while back... Or didn't figure it out, it just happened to work... But edirol being sort of a CPU hog doesn't help either so once you open up 5 or 6 and it eats your cpu 8/.

Also, I have a problem with Edirol crashes my FL... I'm not sure if I accidentally changed something with the registry so it doesn't comply with my FL or what, but when using Edirol for a while it will suddenly shut down my FL and sometimes corrupt the file.

Any edirol masters here would be greatly appreciated XD. And until I can afford EastWest or whatnot, Edirol is what I've got to work with XD

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-15 01:45:24

At 7/14/09 11:27 PM, Gravey wrote:

-Gravey-

Okay I figured it out. Open up Edirol, and in the top right change the port to a certain number, for example 2. Then open up a midi-out channel and change the port to 2. Then the "channel" on the midi out decides what instrument will play. I'm not sure how to make them all play from the same midi out channel, but midi-out is alot less cpu intensive than edirol so yeah...

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-15 02:21:38

Okay I figured it out. Open up Edirol, and in the top right change the port to a certain number, for example 2. Then open up a midi-out channel and change the port to 2. Then the "channel" on the midi out decides what instrument will play. I'm not sure how to make them all play from the same midi out channel, but midi-out is alot less cpu intensive than edirol so yeah...

Eye truly hart Jew at this moment in time Envy. I really do! THANKS!!!! :-D

-Gravey-

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-15 22:30:57

So i'm not entirely sure if this question has already been answered. If it has, if you could direct me to the page or topic it was answered in, I would be most appreciative.

I recently bought an E-MU Xmidi 1x1 MIDI to USB cable converter for my MIDI keyboard. I did all the required adjustments in settings, and it does work...to a degree. For some reason, it's not allowing me to play individual notes in a selected instrument, but it's using each key of my MIDI keyboard to play one note in each instrument (for example, one key will play one note in Kick, the next will play one note in Clap, etc.). I've looked everywhere for the solution, but haven't found one. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-16 00:53:12

At 7/15/09 02:21 AM, Gravey wrote:

-Gravey-

Oh and I figured out how to make it so the instruments dont reset. Well they do... But you can save your settings.

On the top rightish of the VST theres a button that says "System" Click that, then click the File tab from the options menu that pops up. Next to performance, click "save" Then name it whatever you want (The settings). Then when you open up FL again, to load the instruments you had go to the system > File > and next to performance hit "load" and load your settings that you saved.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-17 00:57:16

At 7/16/09 12:53 AM, Envy wrote:
At 7/15/09 02:21 AM, Gravey wrote:

-Gravey-
Oh and I figured out how to make it so the instruments dont reset. Well they do... But you can save your settings.

On the top rightish of the VST theres a button that says "System" Click that, then click the File tab from the options menu that pops up. Next to performance, click "save" Then name it whatever you want (The settings). Then when you open up FL again, to load the instruments you had go to the system > File > and next to performance hit "load" and load your settings that you saved.

Awesome. I've actually been trying to figure out how to get the this all linked around to the mixer so I can add effects to stuff. I've been coming up empty, and have had my other friends helping me. they are more knowledgeable of the program than I am.

So if you know how you can link midi channels to the mixer, or another way to possibly to get the Edirol audio into the mixer, please let me know. Or if anyone else knows that would be great.

I noticed you can change the "controller type" to Edirol PCR-30/50. I'm guessing this is for midi gear outside the program, such as a piano. But this program always seems to surprise me. So I'm looking at any possible options to get the Edirol audio to the mixer.

Thanks for your help again btw!

-Gravey-

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-17 01:29:02

Just select the edirol Channel then open the mixer and right click on "insert 1" for example (or any other insert) and select "Link selected channels > To this track"

Then use the down arrows on the right side of the mixer to add effects, or open the pre-existing effect bank through the library. Plugin presets > Effects > Whatever effect you want, click and drag to the right side of the mixer.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-17 12:10:17

Hi, I'm new at using FLStudio, and I was wondering if someone could tell me how can I toggle between Block Pattern and Clip pattern, I want to switch from Clip to block, but I can't figure it out. THank you

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-17 14:50:31

At 7/17/09 01:29 AM, Envy wrote: Just select the edirol Channel then open the mixer and right click on "insert 1" for example (or any other insert) and select "Link selected channels > To this track"

Then use the down arrows on the right side of the mixer to add effects, or open the pre-existing effect bank through the library. Plugin presets > Effects > Whatever effect you want, click and drag to the right side of the mixer.

Yea, I know how to do that. But what I'm trying to do is to get each output channel of Edirol, or each individual midi channel, to it's own separate insert channel on the mixer. The method you explained gets Edirol in the mixer, but I can't add any effects to the single channels in Edirol. Which is what I need to do.

Like I want to add distortion to channel one in Edirol, say a strings section. And I don't want distortion on anything else. Right now I can't seem to do this because the midi outputs cannot be linked to the mixer. So I was asking if there was anyways of doing that.

-Gravey-

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-17 14:53:29

In the top right of the midi output there should be a "port" thing. Try putting each different midi output to a different port IE 1,2,3,4 and then in inserts 1,2,3,4 put different effects in? I havn't tried it myself so it may not work.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-17 21:04:25

I am having a problem with sound in fl studio 8.
Its just started doing this.
I get sound on the internet but when I go into fl studio
and hit a key or place a note on the piano roll I get no sound.
The waves show up and everything but still nothing.
Can someone help?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-17 21:41:21

At 7/17/09 09:04 PM, JoeyCampbell wrote: I am having a problem with sound in fl studio 8.
Can someone help?

Sounds like a sound driver problem.
Try this: Go to options > audio settings
In 'Input / output' select 'Primary sounds driver'

That should get it fixed.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-18 00:58:58

At 7/17/09 02:53 PM, Envy wrote: In the top right of the midi output there should be a "port" thing. Try putting each different midi output to a different port IE 1,2,3,4 and then in inserts 1,2,3,4 put different effects in? I havn't tried it myself so it may not work.

Yea, between me and my friends, we've exhausted about every option available. And this method was something we worked on as well. It didn't work. If you do ever happen to come across a way to do this though let me know please. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for all the help.

-Gravey-

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-18 10:56:59

Can somebody tell me why I'm unable to use half of the instruments in this program? When it's red it means I can't use it.

Don't be mad if you think the question is too obvious for you.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-18 11:09:26

At 7/18/09 10:56 AM, Joonho wrote: Can somebody tell me why I'm unable to use half of the instruments in this program? When it's red it means I can't use it.

Don't be mad if you think the question is too obvious for you.

It means those files are missing from your computer. You could try re installing but tbh, the more you use the program, the more you'll find you'll be downloading external samples and instruments, so the ones that came with the program hardly matter.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-18 18:04:10

At 7/17/09 09:04 PM, JoeyCampbell wrote: I am having a problem with sound in fl studio 8.
Can someone help?

You might want to check if you have asio4all activated in FL studio. Sometimes audio players embedded in flash applications switch the output of your soundcard. I'd suggest keeping it on your primary, but try out the different options to find out what works.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-18 19:44:47

Probably been asked a billion times, but how do you make it so that the songs are below the size requirement here for NG?

I export songs to mp3 at the maximum bit rate, 320, if that makes any difference.

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-18 19:48:28

At 7/18/09 07:44 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote: Probably been asked a billion times, but how do you make it so that the songs are below the size requirement here for NG?

I export songs to mp3 at the maximum bit rate, 320, if that makes any difference.

Lower the bitrate o.o Simple as that.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-18 19:54:16

I thought it was something like that.

Does lowering the bitrate also make songs render faster?

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-18 20:01:23

it should

#1286129 // soundcloud.com/1shibumi

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-18 20:10:00

At 7/18/09 07:54 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote: I thought it was something like that.

Does lowering the bitrate also make songs render faster?

No, just lowers the quality.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-18 20:12:13

do a series of blind bitrate tests and stop using 320

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-07-18 20:29:55

At 7/18/09 08:12 PM, pr0ded wrote: do a series of blind bitrate tests and stop using 320

320 is good for the audiophiles, and just for the idea that you have HQ.
I think it's also necessary for labels.