00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

659,454 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-20 18:28:36

Fading in and out...how is it done?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-20 18:35:14

Automation clips set to the volume knobs of either an instrument, and FX track, or the master volume.Right click on the desired know, select create automation clip. Then go to the playlist, and below the pattern sequencer click once in the box below, which looks somewhat similar. A controller is created. Deselect the controller by right clicking next to the controller, then drag the upper right hand side of the controller to the desured length, select the top to move it into position, then inside the controller right click to creat the desired volume path. You can figure everything else out from there. Alternatively, some audio apps offer this as a preset option, but that is post rendering, less capable, and I don't know which ones do that.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-21 16:35:16

OK guys, I have a problem, I made this lil beat in fruity loops but recorded it with audacity because I did not need to make an entire song for the small beat. The problem is that when I import it to flash ( i have professional 8) it always gets warped. And totally messes the sound quality up. can anyone help me out?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-22 21:13:10

I ahve a question about making a certin genre in FruityLoops. How do you make remixes of video game songs?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-24 08:51:31

Here's a question , where do I download Fruity Loops?
D-man.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-24 16:09:13

At 4/20/06 06:28 PM, -Steve- wrote: Fading in and out...how is it done?

Pan-O-Matic on the plug-in

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-24 19:11:07

At 4/24/06 08:51 AM, D-man17 wrote: Here's a question , where do I download Fruity Loops?
D-man.

You can get the trial at FL's Homepage

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-24 19:24:00

This has proably been asked a million times. I'm not new to FL studio, but when an instument is selected one can press some keys and use the keyboard like some sort of piano. My question is in FL5 how does one get that "recorded" or saved in a song?

Thanks in advance

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-25 12:47:23

n00b question: I know FruityLoops isn't free. I know you have to pay for it, but do you pay credit card or paper money? I'm just curious about paying for it.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-25 13:09:05

At 4/24/06 07:24 PM, AmeerThePrince wrote: This has proably been asked a million times. I'm not new to FL studio, but when an instument is selected one can press some keys and use the keyboard like some sort of piano. My question is in FL5 how does one get that "recorded" or saved in a song?

Thanks in advance

i think i know what you mean:
1.select PATTERN 1 in PLAYLIST
2.use PIANO ROLL of a selected "sound" to CREATE your RIFF
3.select the PENICIL or PAINTBRUSH and CLICK on a SQUARE in the PLAYLIST on PATTERN 1
4.a BLOCK thing should appear the size of YOUR(thats important) RIFF

guide two (using OTHER PEOPLES RIFFS):
1.select a READY MADE RIFF
2.DRAG to the BOTTOM of the PLAYLIST then LET GO
3.a "sound wave" thing should appear if done right

hope this helps(there are others ways these are the ones i like to use even though i have only used the second one once)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-25 20:27:39

At 4/25/06 01:09 PM, TJA wrote:
At 4/24/06 07:24 PM, AmeerThePrince wrote: This has proably been asked a million times. I'm not new to FL studio, but when an instument is selected one can press some keys and use the keyboard like some sort of piano. My question is in FL5 how does one get that "recorded" or saved in a song?

Thanks in advance
i think i know what you mean:

..hm, I don't think thats answering my quesition. I think when I said "keys" you assumed I ment in the appliacation, the Fl studio keyboard. That's not what I ment. I'm talking about the input deviece the physical keyboard. When pressing the physical keyboard it'll play like a actual piano.

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-25 20:50:44

At 4/25/06 08:46 PM, Dark6 wrote: Which do you like better, Fruity Loops or Reason?

Also, do you think they have the same potential?

This is a very common question. You will find answers to be more opinionated than factual. I've always found Reason to be more complicated, but both of them "have the same potential" if you learn how to use them well.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-25 23:22:16

At 4/25/06 08:50 PM, -Steve- wrote:
At 4/25/06 08:46 PM, Dark6 wrote: Which do you like better, Fruity Loops or Reason?

Also, do you think they have the same potential?
This is a very common question. You will find answers to be more opinionated than factual. I've always found Reason to be more complicated, but both of them "have the same potential" if you learn how to use them well.

Actually I believe FL Studio has more potential. Here's why: Plugins, Reason 3.0 lacks support for VST and VSTi plugins. This means no Rapture, Z3TA+, or any future plugin that can play such a major role. Basically, other than reason's refills, there isn't much for expandability. I also view a great deal of these drum packs for reason to be inferior to the Pro kits I would highly suggest for either studio. FL Studio offers more generators, that if used correctly and with the proper samples are nearly endless in capability. The user interface is easy for beginners and fast for experts. FL Studio, in my personal opinion, has the greatest potential.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-29 04:27:52

Just a quick question here.

Im thinking about buying fuityloops, i have the trial version and everything but im just wondering which edition i should be buying? Which one of the packages was the trial version released as?

Any help is appreciated ;)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-29 19:04:05

I am having trouble's with FL 6, Everytime a save anything and try to open what i saved it's say's that the file is corrupted. )= please help. (I am not sure if this has been covered before... But i didn't find it sooooooo)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-04-29 19:53:15

At 4/25/06 08:27 PM, AmeerThePrince wrote: ..hm, I don't think thats answering my quesition. I think when I said "keys" you assumed I ment in the appliacation, the Fl studio keyboard. That's not what I ment. I'm talking about the input deviece the physical keyboard. When pressing the physical keyboard it'll play like a actual piano.

i have no idea sorry...

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-05-02 11:27:58

I downloaded it today but I don't get it, I can make a very small tune using the pic below but that is only a secondor two. How do you make a proper song. I know this is a lame question but I have never used this software. Thanks.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-05-02 18:08:26

At 5/2/06 11:27 AM, WastedWizard wrote: I downloaded it today but I don't get it, I can make a very small tune using the pic below but that is only a secondor two. How do you make a proper song. I know this is a lame question but I have never used this software. Thanks.

a small guide on what you need to get started...

i guess

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-05-03 11:46:30

At 5/2/06 06:08 PM, TJA wrote: a small guide on what you need to get started...
i guess

That sort of helps thanks but how do I actually create stuff because you can hit the keys but how do you make it record it?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-05-03 12:20:55

At 5/3/06 11:46 AM, WastedWizard wrote:
At 5/2/06 06:08 PM, TJA wrote: a small guide on what you need to get started...
i guess
That sort of helps thanks but how do I actually create stuff because you can hit the keys but how do you make it record it?

by clicking on the little squares in line with the key you want to press...

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-05-03 22:01:38

I have a .fxb file for a sound bank, but I don't know what to do to get it in FL... I'm sure it's not that complicated, but I haven't done it before :P

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-05-04 11:28:13

At 5/3/06 10:01 PM, Talin_Ronyo wrote: I have a .fxb file for a sound bank, but I don't know what to do to get it in FL... I'm sure it's not that complicated, but I haven't done it before :P

i think you put it in the folder with all the sounds in...look at the fruity loops folder on C: drive and put it in packs or whatever...
hope this helps

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-05-17 01:39:00

At 5/4/06 11:28 AM, TJA wrote:
At 5/3/06 10:01 PM, Talin_Ronyo wrote: I have a .fxb file for a sound bank, but I don't know what to do to get it in FL... I'm sure it's not that complicated, but I haven't done it before :P
i think you put it in the folder with all the sounds in...look at the fruity loops folder on C: drive and put it in packs or whatever...
hope this helps

it still didn't work. any other ideas?

also, i have another question- someone (i don't remember who) said "gate effects are vital" to make trance... could someone tell me what gate effects are, what they do, and how to use them?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-05-18 17:10:20

At 5/15/06 08:07 PM, -Ocelot- wrote:
It's cash nubcakes =) .

I know it's cash, but I was just curious of you can either pay cash or credit card for fruity loops. And "nubcakes" is an insult. Please don't rub it in if it is. I appreciate it. I was just curious, that's all.

Curious if you either pay credit card or cash.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-05-18 19:12:13

Cash or credit should work, lol.

-Anyways, I've got my own question. How would one go off and make 32-note fills?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-05-19 13:48:54

I realy need help, im completly new to music (I know tempo means speed, but thats it)
So could someone tell me as simply as possible, how to make remixes on FL 6? (If this kind of post isn't alowed/n00bish, im sorry as i didn't read the whole thing)

"This is where I'd say something witty and wise; for all the world to see.........................damn."

Click my account for music. Sig by shinebrite.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-05-19 16:00:23

At 5/19/06 01:48 PM, Chao_Guy wrote: I realy need help, im completly new to music (I know tempo means speed, but thats it)
So could someone tell me as simply as possible, how to make remixes on FL 6? (If this kind of post isn't alowed/n00bish, im sorry as i didn't read the whole thing)

Depends on what remixes really...
The easiest way would be to directly import a song file into the playlist, and then tinker...around...

BUT i do have a question as well.

How does one create triplets on a sequencer-piano roll?
Is there a toolbar im just missing?

Developer by day; Deviant by night

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-05-19 16:52:17

At 5/18/06 07:12 PM, SuperDrummer146 wrote: -Anyways, I've got my own question. How would one go off and make 32-note fills?

32 note? Lemme count that out...

Oh, thats simply doing 8 strokes per beat. I think that should be simple enough, yes?

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-05-19 16:54:54

At 5/19/06 04:00 PM, RyeGuyHead wrote: How does one create triplets on a sequencer-piano roll?
Is there a toolbar im just missing?

In the place where you can choose 'line', or 'none', or stuff like that in the drop down menu in FL, just change it to '1/3 beat' (I think thats what its called... its 1/3 SOMETHING) and that should be it. When you go in the piano roll, there will only be 12th notes, and not 16th.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2006-05-20 07:20:49

At 5/19/06 04:00 PM, RyeGuyHead wrote: Depends on what remixes really...
The easiest way would be to directly import a song file into the playlist, and then tinker...around...

How do you import a song? (I'll be doing video game remixes BTW)

"This is where I'd say something witty and wise; for all the world to see.........................damn."

Click my account for music. Sig by shinebrite.

BBS Signature