00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Drake-Star just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,920 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-19 19:59:01

At 2/16/08 05:52 PM, Karco wrote:
At 2/16/08 04:10 PM, loogiesquared wrote: ? i don't understand how to do it manually?
I can't really tell you how to do it, unless you use FL Studio, which I use (though there's probably a way to do it in nearly any program)... and last time I checked, you use Magix. :P

NO, i use FL now
(it's great, BTW.)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-20 01:17:50

Ok im new to the whole FL thing and i just have one question..so dont lol or anything :P
Im just starting to try out different effects and stuff to add to my samples, and one im interested in is the Free Filter.
I saw a vid on youtube showing the basics of it, so i managed to get the FFilter, Link it to the Peak Controller, and record the frequency filtering sequence. But when i play the full song the whole thing ends up getting filtered.
How do i get one specific pattern to be filtered?
Also, how would i be able to have all the patts at once filtered (like go from ultra bass to high freqency) but only at a certain point, and not so i have to manually turn the knob.
Bleh i know i probably didnt make a whole lotta sense there but to whoever is willing to help me out... please do :O

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-21 10:52:25

Well i have a problem....i have FL studio 7 and im makin a techno song but the problem is that the melody's are made for different tempo and i dont know how to change the tempo for each pattern...ok lemme explain a little better i have 2 patterns(soon ill have more) and i want one to play at constant 140tempo and other to constant 290tempo so can someone give me a step by step tutorial on how to do that....and no i dont want to record one pattern and later import it cuz ill probably need to change the sound when i get the new plugin...i looked in the forums and found a topic but it didnt really help me so please explain step by step

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-21 16:04:43

At 2/21/08 10:52 AM, Matija442 wrote: Well i have a problem....i have FL studio 7 and im makin a techno song but the problem is that the melody's are made for different tempo and i dont know how to change the tempo for each pattern...ok lemme explain a little better i have 2 patterns(soon ill have more) and i want one to play at constant 140tempo and other to constant 290tempo so can someone give me a step by step tutorial on how to do that....and no i dont want to record one pattern and later import it cuz ill probably need to change the sound when i get the new plugin...i looked in the forums and found a topic but it didnt really help me so please explain step by step

Well a song has to be one particular tempo at a certain time, that's what tempo is, the bpm of a song. If you want something to go faster at a slow tempo then you'd have to use the offbeats, if you wanted something to go slower at a higher tempo then you'd have to strecth the spacing inbetween the beats, therefore making it a slower beat but still at a higher tempo. You can't have two different tempos in one song in one moment, that just goes against definition.

amirite?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-22 01:23:53

I have a quick question here. Whenever I try to input or load up a mp3 file in fruity loops (as an audio clip or otherwise) it loads but I just get silence that's it silence. The display of the audiofile is blank and nothing seems to work. Importing wav files doesn't creat this problem. Dose anyone know what I can do to fix this? I have the most up to date sound drivers for my sound card and whatnot.

Thanks!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-22 02:00:04

If you're using Fruity Loops, this is the way I do it.

C:/Program Files/Image-Line/FruityLoops(Whatevernum ber)/Data/Packs

Then create a folder in packs, put the .mp3 in there. The next time you start Fruity Loops it should work.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-22 07:15:18

thanx for ur help c4v the whole thing was under my nose i stretched the notes and its fine now... but theres another question....i want to find a good VST plugin with some Happy Hardcore style Bassdrums and i cant use samples cuz i need to edit it in piano roll to match the melody(high and low beats) and since i cant change the octave or however its called(c6-c7 and that stuff...im not american so i dont know how its called out here)so can someone tell me which VST's are good for that???free or not free i dont care(but free would be better ;) ) and i heard that you can make a good Bassdrum with 3xOSC but ive got no idea how i tried but i couldnt get what i want so please help

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-22 09:50:45

At 2/22/08 02:00 AM, TMM43 wrote: If you're using Fruity Loops, this is the way I do it.

C:/Program Files/Image-Line/FruityLoops(Whatevernum ber)/Data/Packs

Then create a folder in packs, put the .mp3 in there. The next time you start Fruity Loops it should work.

It should be able to load mp3s from anywhere. Guah, are you using Linux? I had this problem when I was using linux... it may be that or may be something different..

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-23 16:59:48

i was just wondering if anyone could link to some good sytrus and/or 3xosc (since those are what I mainly use) tutorials. I'm trying to make some good air-trance leads, and also some good hard dnb basses. Thnx!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-24 15:31:39

Can I ask you a question guys?
I use FL Studio to make remixes out of MIDI files provided by a free midi website using the different instruments FLS provides me...
Can I upload these remixes to the audio portal or is it considered as illegal?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-24 22:15:59

Hey guys,

Looking for some advice, as are 80% of people in this thread. I recently added Fruity Free Filter to a bass pattern and was wondering if there's some way to fade the frequency on it. For example, I want it to go from a muffled to an unmuffled sound that you hear in many songs of today.

I've looked around and can't find an answer, so if I can get a pointer, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-24 23:22:12

At 2/24/08 10:15 PM, Slunks wrote: Hey guys,

Looking for some advice, as are 80% of people in this thread. I recently added Fruity Free Filter to a bass pattern and was wondering if there's some way to fade the frequency on it. For example, I want it to go from a muffled to an unmuffled sound that you hear in many songs of today.

I've looked around and can't find an answer, so if I can get a pointer, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks

I often use free filtering. Right click on the frequency knob in the free filter, and select "create an automation clip" Then place the automation clip in the bottom half of the playlist and drag the line how you want it to be.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-24 23:28:12

At 2/24/08 11:22 PM, Envy wrote:
I often use free filtering. Right click on the frequency knob in the free filter, and select "create an automation clip" Then place the automation clip in the bottom half of the playlist and drag the line how you want it to be.

Perfect.

Thanks!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-25 11:37:47

At 2/23/08 04:59 PM, Rawmin wrote: i was just wondering if anyone could link to some good sytrus and/or 3xosc (since those are what I mainly use) tutorials. I'm trying to make some good air-trance leads, and also some good hard dnb basses. Thnx!

I really don't wanna go back to the way I was about a year ago, but hell, I've gotta.

"Good" air-trance leads and "good" DnB basses? Come on, buddy. Screw around with the synths and the effects that you can apply to them and you'll get a sound that may not sound professional right now but at least you'll like the sound. Eventually over time and with more and more screwing around you'll refine the sound and maybe it'll be really close to that "good" sound you want, but at least it'll have the tinge that the sound is yours. And to people that are fanatics about said genre, this is a big thing and can even identify an artist.

You won't find advice to make "good" here. We can just help you with the big picture. That aspect, my riend, is completely up to you.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-25 12:48:23

Hi. I am hearing a sound which sounds like sand or like a wave in the background when I am making music in FL Studio! I didn't hear it before, but now it suddenly appear each 20 seconds. It's not the demo version. Do someone know how to remove it?

Thanks in advance.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-25 12:49:33

At 2/25/08 12:48 PM, GlowingMonkey wrote: Hi. I am hearing a sound which sounds like sand or like a wave in the background when I am making music in FL Studio! I didn't hear it before, but now it suddenly appear each 20 seconds. It's not the demo version. Do someone know how to remove it?

Thanks in advance.

Are you using a demo version of a VST? cause that may be it. And I didnt know sand made a sound? Either that or its clipping, try turning up your buffer.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-25 12:57:16

At 2/25/08 12:49 PM, Envy wrote: Are you using a demo version of a VST? cause that may be it. And I didnt know sand made a sound? Either that or its clipping, try turning up your buffer.

Ah, yes. I am using "PoiZone DEMO". Thanks! Didn't know that there were demo versions of them. Will the sound still be there when I am exporting it as an MP3?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-25 12:59:30

At 2/25/08 12:57 PM, GlowingMonkey wrote:
At 2/25/08 12:49 PM, Envy wrote: Are you using a demo version of a VST? cause that may be it. And I didnt know sand made a sound? Either that or its clipping, try turning up your buffer.
Ah, yes. I am using "PoiZone DEMO". Thanks! Didn't know that there were demo versions of them. Will the sound still be there when I am exporting it as an MP3?

Um it may be, I'm not sure I dont use demos of VST's. All i know is it's a way to get people to buy their products. Buy it, and the sound will be gone in, and out of FL. Either that or you could always use a different vst.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-25 13:08:50

At 2/25/08 12:59 PM, Envy wrote: Um it may be, I'm not sure I dont use demos of VST's. All i know is it's a way to get people to buy their products. Buy it, and the sound will be gone in, and out of FL. Either that or you could always use a different vst.

I'll change VST. Thanks for helping! ;)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-26 14:13:00

Hmm. I've got another question.. When I choose File -> New from Template, and choose House, one of the sounds I get is called "Sweeps". The problem is that I want that sound in a song I'm making, which is not made from the "House template". I've tried to search for it (CTRL + F), but I can't find it. Anyone, please?

Thanks in advance.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-26 14:25:05

I know this isnt really FL related, but I'd like to know how you can make your own arps in z3ta. like riffs, not just up down up down if you get what I mean :P

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-26 14:41:21

At 2/26/08 02:13 PM, GlowingMonkey wrote: Hmm. I've got another question.. When I choose File -> New from Template, and choose House, one of the sounds I get is called "Sweeps". The problem is that I want that sound in a song I'm making, which is not made from the "House template". I've tried to search for it (CTRL + F), but I can't find it. Anyone, please?

Thanks in advance.

You may have solved your problem by now, but in case you haven't and for others who are wondering...

The only thing that would need to be saved in the file tree for projects [and templates] are audio clips. Everything else in FL Studio is just data that's saved with the project.

As for the "Sweeps" question, it's just a 3xOsc channel with only one noise channel playing. Play with the cutoff frequency (labeled "ModX" as of FL Studio 7), resonance (labeled "ModY" as of FL Studio 7) and filter type (I recommend the bandpass filter) to get it how you want (Blake used a slightly lower cutoff frequency than the default and a high resonance).
This is merely to make your own. If you want to copy it EXACTLY, I recommend you just save the "Sweeps" channel state and mixer track 11's state and just load them into the song you plan to use them in.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-26 15:09:50

IN FL Studio 7, how do you extend the lenght of the beat? i can only get to 64.Why is that and how do i make it longer?

how do you make another sequence?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-26 15:25:39

At 2/26/08 03:09 PM, doomshock wrote: IN FL Studio 7, how do you extend the lenght of the beat? i can only get to 64.Why is that and how do i make it longer?

how do you make another sequence?

LEARN TO USE THE PLAYLIST.

Someone already answered this in the thread your created, but you chose to ignore it...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-26 15:31:19

Someone already answered this in the thread your created, but you chose to ignore it...

yeah but he said he thinks,

why you sent me over here for?

i just need a simple answer...how do i make a new sequence?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-26 15:40:02

Sorry dude, I thought SBB posted a link to a playlist tutorial.

This link may help.
This link may also help.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-26 15:47:50

At 2/26/08 03:40 PM, c4v wrote: Sorry dude, I thought SBB posted a link to a playlist tutorial.

This link may help.
This link may also help.

thanks

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-26 19:44:03

At 2/25/08 11:37 AM, ZENON wrote:
At 2/23/08 04:59 PM, Rawmin wrote: i was just wondering if anyone could link to some good sytrus and/or 3xosc (since those are what I mainly use) tutorials. I'm trying to make some good air-trance leads, and also some good hard dnb basses. Thnx!
"Good" air-trance leads and "good" DnB basses? Come on, buddy.

I was really just looking for good, easy to use sytrus or 3xosc tutorials.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-26 19:48:10

I was really just looking for good, easy to use sytrus or 3xosc tutorials.

I beleive this is a good Sytrus tutorial.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-02-27 06:47:17

Can you record with a mic like you drum a loop and you record it??
How??

Thanks
I use fruity loops 7 xxxl blabla

NG Radio - A superb podcast with good songs from the NG Audio Portal

Get Respect from me=)

BBS Signature