00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Demons202 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,946 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-04 13:09:22

At 3/3/08 05:23 PM, Sialys wrote: I have XXL Producer edition of FL Studio.

I've been trying for the past two or three months to make a decent trance track, or anything for that matter, But haven't been able to get anything going.

My two biggest problems are percussion, and synths.

I guess I could use a few tips on where to get inspiration if that's possible...

Help?

try starting out by making a simple bass line and then build up a good sounding main beat that goes along with the bass. or even find another song that has a synthisised bassline and listen to it. it might give you some ideas

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-05 09:36:47

How do i use the EQ correctly? I mean my songs usually sound too 'squashed' and doesn't sound professional. By pro i mean hearing the lead synth clearly as well as other instruments, not dulled down and compressed.

Thanks,

-Aidan.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-05 13:40:40

Everyone who has FL XXL Producer edition is a pirate

amirite?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-05 14:36:49

At 3/5/08 01:40 PM, c4v wrote: Everyone who has FL XXL Producer edition is a pirate

amirite?

No, you're wrong. I'm considering upgrading from Producer to XXL when I can afford it.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-05 17:02:42

Hey, is there anyway to get the FL Vocoder effect with out altering the melody of the vocals?

Pat!M /// a.k.a Dj Pope

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-05 17:05:47

At 3/5/08 05:02 PM, dj-pope wrote: Hey, is there anyway to get the FL Vocoder effect with out altering the melody of the vocals?

Yep... Link the audio clip with the vocals to the vocoder.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-05 17:11:50

At 3/5/08 05:05 PM, Envy wrote:
At 3/5/08 05:02 PM, dj-pope wrote: Hey, is there anyway to get the FL Vocoder effect with out altering the melody of the vocals?
Yep... Link the audio clip with the vocals to the vocoder.

Yeah but dont you need to also link a carrier up to it don't you? And the carrier needs to be playing the whole time.

Pat!M /// a.k.a Dj Pope

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-05 17:33:24

Mmm true, I forgot about that whole part...

I donno, sorry I dont use the vocoder o.O

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-06 15:29:06

At 3/5/08 02:36 PM, navij11 wrote:
At 3/5/08 01:40 PM, c4v wrote: Everyone who has FL XXL Producer edition is a pirate

amirite?
No, you're wrong. I'm considering upgrading from Producer to XXL when I can afford it.

Most NGers then?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-06 15:31:28

At 3/6/08 03:29 PM, c4v wrote: Most NGers then?

This discussion breaks the rules. I refuse to answer any longer.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-07 02:12:54

At 3/3/08 05:23 PM, Sialys wrote: I have XXL Producer edition of FL Studio.

I've been trying for the past two or three months to make a decent trance track, or anything for that matter, But haven't been able to get anything going.

My two biggest problems are percussion, and synths.

I guess I could use a few tips on where to get inspiration if that's possible...

Help?

You can find loads of VST plugins on the net that might help out, many are free and many others cost money. You can also download some better percussion samples, since the ones that come with the program are pretty bad IMO. One VST that I like to use is z3ta but that costs money.

Newest song: Dinosaur Alien

Reviews/comments appreciated!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-07 02:49:35

how do i make a automation clip

i tried 2 ways of how to get a automation clip but both arent working and i also tried a youtube tutorial and that didnt help

Web Hosting: Free! Premium!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-07 11:25:35

I have Just got FL Studios 7 Trial...But when i Try to Double Click on The Logo at the Desktop, It won't Open... Please Help!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-08 23:19:29

nothing happens???

where did you download it

Web Hosting: Free! Premium!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-09 08:53:42

How can I make a decent snare roll?

Everytime I try it sounds just absolutely horrible..

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-09 12:41:21

.i want to find a good VST plugin with some Happy Hardcore style Bassdrums and i cant use samples cuz i need to edit it in piano roll to match the melody(high and low beats) and since i cant change the octave or however its called(c6-c7 and that stuff...im not american so i dont know how its called out here)so can someone tell me which VST's are good for that???free or not free i dont care(but free would be better ;) ) and i heard that you can make a good Bassdrum with 3xOSC but ive got no idea how i tried but i couldnt get what i want so please help

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-09 12:49:17

KVR Audio

I'm not sure if they're free or not, I don't use VSTs. But you can check it out.
There's about 150 or so there to look at.

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-09 14:21:51

At 3/9/08 08:53 AM, Sialys wrote: How can I make a decent snare roll?

Use 16ths and 32nds, and fade them in o.O

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-09 14:23:03

At 3/9/08 02:21 PM, Envy wrote:
At 3/9/08 08:53 AM, Sialys wrote: How can I make a decent snare roll?

Use 16ths and 32nds, and fade them in o.O

If you dont have any new drum samples, and just have the ones that come with FL... Try using the dance snare number 3 for rolls, thats the best one for them o.O

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-10 13:39:41

I am a newbie in making music.

Some one can recomend a programs that make music for novices?
I allready read the audio help page, but is too complicated to me.

I want a program very simple to make music. Like Mario Paint composer (you know what I am talking about?). One program that I chose the Instrument and the note and put in right place. Also, the program must be a freeware( no demos or trials, please).

Thanks for atention!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-10 15:23:07

I'm sorry to tell you that there's really no program out there for free that's not a trial where you can compose your own music. There could be one somewhere but I'm not exactly sure where or what it is.

I highly recommend a FL Studio or Reason trial though. Get a feel for them and buy one.
I would suggest that you get FL Studio, it's very easy to use and you can pump out tracks in no time.

Sorry I can't be of more help. :/

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-10 15:49:48

So, if I want to make my own music I have no choice but buy a program?

Everyone how subimmit audio to newgrounds payed for a program?

Man, I am so sad..

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-10 16:00:40

At 3/10/08 03:49 PM, Gustaavo wrote: So, if I want to make my own music I have no choice but buy a program?

Everyone how subimmit audio to newgrounds payed for a program?

Man, I am so sad..

You can use the demo of FL studio... it's essentially the full program, you just cant save your work. So if you get good with the demo you can always save up to buy it.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-10 16:19:50

Ok...

Now I will ask about another thing.

I want to remix video-game musics, and I like to know about the notes that I have to play. I dont know how to explaing (I dont know the word, I not speak english very well). I think that is the Notes. For exemple, for mario music I play the notes E,E,E,C,E,G,G,C,G,E,A,B,A#,G,E,G,A,F,G,E ,C,D,B ...

Some one know one site that have these things that I am talking about?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-10 16:24:58

At 3/10/08 04:19 PM, Gustaavo wrote: Some one know one site that have these things that I am talking about?

Yes, I do.

This site is called VGMusic, and they specialize in making midis for video games.

What a Midi is, is a file that is like sheet music (with notes) for your computer! Download one, and, inside FL Studio, go to File -> Import, navigate to the midi, and open it up!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-10 16:44:13

At 3/10/08 04:19 PM, Gustaavo wrote: Ok...

Now I will ask about another thing.

I want to remix video-game musics, and I like to know about the notes that I have to play. I dont know how to explaing (I dont know the word, I not speak english very well). I think that is the Notes. For exemple, for mario music I play the notes E,E,E,C,E,G,G,C,G,E,A,B,A#,G,E,G,A,F,G,E ,C,D,B ...

Some one know one site that have these things that I am talking about?

For your first question, you don't need to buy FL7 to publish its music. To work around the fact that you can't save, just minimize it instead of closing it, and nevre log off or shut down ur computer. They let us render it as an mp3 file, so you dont really need to save. For your other question, I would suggest chordie.com, I use it personally for my guitar playing. Just click on wntry that says "Chords" instead of "tabs".

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-11 14:57:27

Hey guys, I am just wondering, how do i add notes? Like the grey and rich brown boxes?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-11 15:44:01

At 3/11/08 02:57 PM, EpicFail wrote: Hey guys, I am just wondering, how do i add notes? Like the grey and rich brown boxes?

Right click on teh channel or synth you want to add the notes to and click "send to piano roll"

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-11 18:19:24

What?

Never logoff or turn off the computer???

LOL

But thanks with the others information, but I didnt understood well.
Save in MP3 and do what????

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-03-11 19:06:42

Anyone know why the sound quality of my music gets worse after I save it as mp3 with FL? The guitar starts giving off wierd buzzy noises on the mp3 but not when im listening to it in FL itself...