00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpicyTurtlArt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

English Gentleman's Club

341,940 Views | 6,660 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-19 18:51:30

One is loving the fact that this club is becoming more and more prestigious everyday, tis swell indeed.

One wonders what our beloved Minister will think when he returns from duty overseas to see our beloved topic locked, will be a sad sad day for him.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 03:58:26

At 1/19/05 06:51 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: One wonders what our beloved Minister will think when he returns from duty overseas to see our beloved topic locked, will be a sad sad day for him.

One was wondering where Joxa had got to. What the devil does he want to go overseas for? He must know that this a fine country.

Right one thinks its time for a new topic. sitcoms one thinks, after all English humor is the best.

Oh and Coop83 when are we going to break down your power a bit so its not only you being able to take on members and the like?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 06:19:31

At 1/20/05 03:58 AM, ColdstreamCooper wrote:
At 1/19/05 06:51 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: One wonders what our beloved Minister will think when he returns from duty overseas to see our beloved topic locked, will be a sad sad day for him.
One was wondering where Joxa had got to. What the devil does he want to go overseas for? He must know that this a fine country.

Oh I don't know, there are some good countryes out there, you just have to look for them. As for Joxa, one has not seen the purple haired munchkin for some time.

Oh and Coop83 when are we going to break down your power a bit so its not only you being able to take on members and the like?

Hmm, a trickey suitation to sort out.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 06:26:38

At 1/20/05 06:19 AM, LeapOfFaith wrote: Oh I don't know, there are some good countryes out there, you just have to look for them. As for Joxa, one has not seen the purple haired munchkin for some time.

Really? What countries are these old bean? One has not seen Joxa for a bit, but if he out of the country then we are not likely to.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 13:45:52

At 1/20/05 12:19 PM, Fyndir wrote: Here's Fyndir, and what a lovely Fyndir he is.

Can I join? =D

if one remebers to be English here, rather than sporting all that rebellion pish posh.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 15:29:54

At 1/20/05 03:58 AM, ColdstreamCooper wrote: Oh and Coop83 when are we going to break down your power a bit so its not only you being able to take on members and the like?

Power? One has not too much power, as there are relatively few members. At present, potential members only have to wait a day at maximum, before either getting a yea or nay vote from myself.

When we get more members, one shall of course diversify, but with the Club in its infancy, one believes we have more important issues to address

Speaking of which...

At 1/20/05 12:19 PM, Fyndir wrote: Here's Fyndir, and what a lovely Fyndir he is.

Can I join? =D

Welcome Fyndir. Jeeves will take your coat and offer you a Brandy.

And now for a bit of sport...

England start the Fifth and final test of their South African tour tomorrow morning. Centurion Park is the venue and England are expected to make only one change. Steve Harmison may or may not be fit, so may be replaced by Simon Jones. However, should Harmison be fit, James Anderson should make way for Jones to return to the fold.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 15:44:18

please, help out the english school system, vote five-

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/214429

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 15:53:53

What a truely appaling movie. One could not help, but vote 0 for it.

Report to the Headmaster's office!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 16:01:56

At 1/20/05 03:53 PM, Coop83 wrote: What a truely appaling movie. One could not help, but vote 0 for it.

Report to the Headmaster's office!

you sadden me! i have always supported you and this crew through thick and thin, and this is how i am repayed!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 16:04:57

At 1/20/05 04:01 PM, March_Hare wrote: you sadden me! i have always supported you and this crew through thick and thin, and this is how i am repayed!

Well, the film was not really something you actually expected to pass judgement, was it? Literally 5 seconds after my last post, the flash was blammed, so One stands by one's original judgement. One voted on it, coming through the portal, without knowing it was by you.

However, even if it was, I vote on movies what I think they deserve, not on weather or not I believe they will or will not get blammed.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 16:07:40

At 1/20/05 04:04 PM, Coop83 wrote: LIES!

you only care about your blam points, not me or those poor victims, and yes, i did expect it to pass, because it was funny, regardless of the movie quality itself.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 16:18:45

At 1/20/05 04:07 PM, March_Hare wrote: you only care about your blam points, not me or those poor victims, and yes, i did expect it to pass, because it was funny, regardless of the movie quality itself.

March, don't throw your rattle out of the pram, old boy. Even if one did vote five, the movie would have gotten blammed, anyway. Make another, better movie and submitt it.

Have you ever heard the phrase 'Don't cry over spilled milk' ? It is a useful phrase and should be used here.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 17:27:41

well, if you fail to see the humour in ones movies, one would at least ask you not to vote at all in future, and allow those who can apreciate it get it through, because its rather unfair to be prejudice just cos of a little fuzz on the video.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 17:38:25

At 1/20/05 05:27 PM, March_Hare wrote: well, if you fail to see the humour in ones movies, one would at least ask you not to vote at all in future, and allow those who can apreciate it get it through, because its rather unfair to be prejudice just cos of a little fuzz on the video.

One is not prejudicing the movie due to a little fuzz on the video. I thought that it was not a movie that was funny, or accomplished in flash, so I voted accordingly.

Did anyone see those chaps of Exeter, lose narrowly to Manchester United, last night. One must applaud their fighting spirit.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 18:09:52

You guys are kidding right?

You can't pawn yourselves off as being English Gentlemen just by substituting the word "I" with "One". This is the saddest excuse for a club I've visited on NG in a long time.

Jeeves will take your coat...

Here's a brandy...

??

Not to mention there's only 3 or 4 people who actually post in here. And one of your recently added members was the alt account of someone you'd already asked to leave, who joined purely so everyone could laugh behind your backs?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 19:10:49

Let me be the 1st to say avast peasant and never disgrace us with your presence again. Also ONE must point out that this spawned of a topic that went to 191 pages with vast amounts of members. It was locked due to peasants like yourself who came in with no intelligent contribution. We realise we don't act like this normally(well I do) but it's a bit of fun and it can't be harming you in any way surely. In future keep your opions to yourself untill asked to do otherwise. I bid you Good day sir.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 19:20:23

At 1/20/05 07:10 PM, The_Patriot wrote: Let me be the 1st to say avast peasant and never disgrace us with your presence again. Also ONE must point out that this spawned of a topic that went to 191 pages with vast amounts of members.

Peasant? I'll let it slide. There was a reason it was locked.

It was locked due to peasants like yourself who came in with no intelligent contribution.

And that wasn't it. It was locked because it sucked. As does this thread. Peasant again? Fuck you. You think you're better than me.

We realise we don't act like this normally(well I do)

That's because you're a wanker.

In future keep your opions to yourself untill asked to do otherwise.

I'll give my opinions wherever I goddamn please. That's the whole point of an opinion.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 20:06:58

At 1/20/05 07:20 PM, Cadavere wrote:
At 1/20/05 07:10 PM, The_Patriot wrote: Let me be the 1st to say avast peasant and never disgrace us with your presence again. Also ONE must point out that this spawned of a topic that went to 191 pages with vast amounts of members.
Peasant? I'll let it slide. There was a reason it was locked.

You shouldn't let it slide, they aren't any better than you.

It was locked due to peasants like yourself who came in with no intelligent contribution.
And that wasn't it. It was locked because it sucked. As does this thread. Peasant again? Fuck you. You think you're better than me.

YEah! Fuck them, this topic sucks monkey balls, and it always will

We realise we don't act like this normally(well I do)
That's because you're a wanker.

Is wanker another word for faggot?

In future keep your opions to yourself untill asked to do otherwise.
I'll give my opinions wherever I goddamn please. That's the whole point of an opinion.

Freedom of speech motherfuckers :)

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 20:23:19

OK seriously this a bit of fun is it causing you any harm. the post was closed due to flamers like quickfox and is now modded properly, so if your not careful ur in for a ban(not a threat just stating the fact that is under moderation from peeps like ted easton) WAnker is one who pleasures himself. We just wanna get on with this in peace. The opinion thing was about the fact this is not an opinions forum(its not an argument on whether this club should exist)it's about wot it sez on the tin we talk about things that matter to us and in an upperclass british accent for the sheer fun of it(not everyones idea of fun i kno.)

P.S freedom of speech means we can talk about wot we want aswell it does work two ways u kno.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 20:44:16

At 1/20/05 08:23 PM, The_Patriot wrote: OK seriously this a bit of fun is it causing you any harm. the post was closed due to flamers like quickfox

it's QUIKFOX...learn how to spell buddy.

:and is now modded properly, so if your not careful ur in for a ban(not a threat just stating the fact that is under moderation from peeps like ted easton)

I'm scared. Really.

:WAnker is one who pleasures himself.

Alright

The opinion thing was about the fact this is not an opinions forum(its not an argument on whether this club should exist)

I had no clue there was a forum dedicated to only opinions and we couldn't speak out minds ANYWHERE else. I'm sorry for my ignorance, fucktard.

P.S freedom of speech means we can talk about wot we want aswell it does work two ways u kno.

I never said you couldn't say what you wanted. I was just saying what I wanted, and so was cadavere.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 20:47:52

What is your problem with this thread?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 20:50:15

I see whats going on, you think cause your english and can sub a few words for commonly used ones that your all some kind of fancy pants gentlemen. Dont make me laugh. If you were gentlemen you would have ignored these two guys completely, no egg them on with some smarmy little combacks and some what colourful insults. Peasant? Please, as far as im concerned this has just become another english post and your all once again acting like buggers. I say good day, by the way, your crumpets suck and the tea was sub-par. This english club needs some english class before it can go anywhere.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 20:51:48

At 1/20/05 08:50 PM, -SquiD wrote: This english club needs some english class before it can go anywhere.

Amen.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 21:02:20

What is one to do just back down, that's not the English way. If it was in person i'd challenge the fore mentioned gentleman's to a fair fight even if they were bigger or stronger. The point is i can't so all i can do is extend the olive branch to these two gentlemen's and hope that they would be themselves gentlemen and act civily as i will also try to do. We don't want this to turn out like the very english post. we're not looking for a fight just to have some fun which is what this is all about.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 21:11:09

At 1/20/05 09:02 PM, The_Patriot wrote: What is one to do just back down, that's not the English way. If it was in person i'd challenge the fore mentioned gentleman's to a fair fight even if they were bigger or stronger.

You and I both know that would never happen, even if I am smaller than you I doubt you'd challenge me to anything.

The point is i can't so all i can do is extend the olive branch to these two gentlemen's and hope that they would be themselves gentlemen and act civily as i will also try to do.

I dont know how you can liev on acting like such a tool, your way too nice to be british, wheres your fire?

We don't want this to turn out like the very english post. we're not looking for a fight just to have some fun which is what this is all about.

I dont see how acting like smarmy old people is fun but go ahead. I wont bother anymore unless the situation arises.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 21:23:19

At 1/20/05 09:11 PM, -SquiD wrote:
At 1/20/05 09:02 PM, The_Patriot wrote: What is one to do just back down, that's not the English way. If it was in person i'd challenge the fore mentioned gentleman's to a fair fight even if they were bigger or stronger.
You and I both know that would never happen, even if I am smaller than you I doubt you'd challenge me to anything.

Its how I settle most things. Which is a British trate we are loverly happy tea drinkers untill u start messing us around then we use actons instead of words. These words were similary said by the US president during the Faulklands war. Words can't give you a bloody nose, it's simple fact.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 21:29:45

At 1/20/05 09:23 PM, The_Patriot wrote: Its how I settle most things.

For some reason, I don't think it is.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-20 21:31:05

At 1/20/05 09:23 PM, The_Patriot wrote: Words can't give you a bloody nose, it's simple fact.

What if they were big 3-d words that got thrown at you. That could probly do some damage although not the best war tactic. All some biritish people need is a megaphone and their superior linguistic skills to convince them their invading the wrong country and send them to Hawaii or something.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-21 04:00:14

Oh dear dear me. You can't leave them alone for ive mins with out fighting starting.
Right lets see first of March_Hare as Highest ranked member in the Elite Guard he is a tip. If you don't like what happened to your flash submit it again, make some improvements to it or make a new one. The portal is not based on friends you make in the BBS. Wade Fulp has already said you should vote on the flash work and not who made it.
Now on to the little fight. Cadavere this topic is a carry on from A Very English Post, which the good members had locked because of flaming morons who believed it would be a good idea to have a fight. -SquiD is you don't like this topic and think it should be locked give us a reason why or don't post here anymore unless you want the mods to give you a hoilday from the BBS. Same goes for Kirkus if you want to stay here join in with the topic or leave. No one is holding a gun to your head and saying you have to post here.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-21 05:00:57

At 1/20/05 08:50 PM, -SquiD wrote: I see whats going on, you think cause your english and can sub a few words for commonly used ones that your all some kind of fancy pants gentlemen.

Well, one had been waiting for this. We got to nine whole pages this time, before having to explain that this thread, along with its predecessor is a JOKE. It was designed with the aim of poking fun at the way the Americans and some other people around the world percieve English people. We do really talk normally in real life, but in this club, we act as if we are Upper Class English people and we drink tea, eat crumpets and generally look down our noses at everyone else.

This english club needs some english class before it can go anywhere.

This club has English class, only you would not recognise it if it came up to you and walloped you in the face.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature