Welcome to the Official Newgrounds Sig makers!
This is the official sig making club for Newgrounds.com!
There have been numerous failed sig clubs over the years. Here's a small history:
The Sinister Sig Makers (SSM)
Sinister Sig Makers Reborn (SSMR)
Chaos Sig Makers (CSM)
Insignia Sig Makers (ISM)
The Elite Sig Makers (ESM)
Amature Sig Makers (ASM)
All of them had great runs, especially the ASM, which was the largest thread every created on Newgrounds.
What Happened to these clubs? They all died sadly. Some of spam, some with members fighting and others because the sig makers just didn’t make any sigs. A fixed sig making environment is not what’s needed. Keep it loose and keep it fun! That’s what the NGSM aims to do.
Requesting a signature
When Requesting a signature at the NGSM, you must follow these simple rules:
• The Signature has to be 400x60 Pixels, or lower.
• It has to be able to fit under Newgrounds 40 kb limit.
• If you wish to have a sig for another website please PM the maker you wish to do it. Do not request in the thread!
• If your sig has not been made for three days, you may post the request again. Remember to include the original request when re-requesting.
• Sigs take time to make and getting one is not a right, it’s a privilege. At all times be respectful and polite or the makers may and probably will ignore you.
• You may ask for only 3 sigs per month.
• The official Newgrounds rules still apply here.
• Give us something to work with. Don't just post "lol hai guyz gimme a sig" If you do that the request will be ignored. You can follow this optional guideline:
Copy and paste this, and fill in the blanks.
Text you would like on your signature and any formatting there in.
The theme you would like your sig to follow. Include any links to pictures here.
Colors you would like to see in your sig or you would like to exclude.
Additional comments on layout/animation should go here.
Main Text: (large, usually name)
Secondary Text: (quote of some sort)
Style: (explain the feel you want. Grunge/ abstract/ tech)
Picture/ Render: (external link to image.)
Good image sites are:
Colors: (state a basic color scheme to follow)
Remember, these are optional guidelines.
Becoming a sig maker for the NGSM.
Following its roots of the ASM , the NGSM is an open sig making environment. We will make a small "Regulars" list once we get this thing going. We just ask that you follow these simple rules when making a sig:
• If someone becomes abusive, do not finish the sig and report them to the list "keepers" with a log of what was abusive (via pm).
• If someone is spamming or does not follow the rules do not respond. If they become abusive report them to the list holders via pm. ONCE AND ONLY ONCE PER EVENT.
• Any sig maker should report any infraction of the BBS rules to the Moderators of Newgrounds. IGNORE RULE BREAKERS. DO NOT RESPOND IN AN ATTEMPT TO BE "HELPFUL". They had the chance to read the rules before they posted.
• If you find that you can not complete a sig you said you would, post in this thread informing the sig makers and pm the requester. Link back to the original request.
It's very important that we use the PM system. This will cut down on spam and keep it organized.
The Newgrounds Sig Makers is not just a place to create and request signatures. We also encourage discussion of sig making and other related subjects. The following are allowed in this thread.
• Discussions on sig making techniques
• Discussions on resource sites: eg DeviantArt, Good-Tutorials
• Sig critique. NB: This must be constructive criticism.
However, there are some things that we have no time for, and in this case, we will bring our wrath down on you with the mightiest of forces, lest you stray into one of the following deeply shunned areas of discussion.
• Personal attacks on sig makers, or unsubstantiated critique. Keep it to the PMs, guys.
• Do not ask where your sig is. It has been made, it is being made, or it cannot be made.
• Do not make multiple posts for each picture you want in your sig. Instead, link to all pictures that cant fit in one post.
These lists have been created for those users who have given past sig makers unending trouble. They should be ignored and not acknowledged in any fashion. They receive no sig or explanation as long as they are on the list. It is likely that they were given a reason when they were put on it. Red list status isn't permanent. Black list status is.
Keepers of the list currently include:
Contact a keeper if some one is abusing you. Keepers only run the list, not the NGSM.
The crew's official website is here: http://www.myspace.com/NGsigmakers
On the site you will find Updated rules, Red/Black list info, and lot's of other stuff. So if you're new you should check it out!
********************Thanks to all the ASM, and SSM members. Special thanks to the people who helped make this post: gumOnShoe, xAsCitiesBurnx, BananaBreadMuffin, and Arch_Angel_Rhys
Let's start making some sigs!