New Topic Respond to this Topic
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 21st, 2005 @ 05:00 AM Reply

At 1/20/05 08:50 PM, -SquiD wrote: I see whats going on, you think cause your english and can sub a few words for commonly used ones that your all some kind of fancy pants gentlemen.

Well, one had been waiting for this. We got to nine whole pages this time, before having to explain that this thread, along with its predecessor is a JOKE. It was designed with the aim of poking fun at the way the Americans and some other people around the world percieve English people. We do really talk normally in real life, but in this club, we act as if we are Upper Class English people and we drink tea, eat crumpets and generally look down our noses at everyone else.

This english club needs some english class before it can go anywhere.

This club has English class, only you would not recognise it if it came up to you and walloped you in the face.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 21st, 2005 @ 05:59 PM Reply

Fifth test, Centurion
Day 1.

Unfortunatley, the first day of the test has been rained out. One is not best pleased, as there was no cricketing action to be commenting on, but it does point towards the increasing likelyhood of England taking the series 2-1.

One would prefer 3-1, but sometimes, one has to take the rough with the smooth, eh?

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 21st, 2005 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 1/21/05 05:59 PM, Coop83 wrote:
One would prefer 3-1, but sometimes, one has to take the rough with the smooth, eh?

I'd definitely take 2-1.

Email me if people start fagging the place up.

SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
OzoneGhost
OzoneGhost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 22nd, 2005 @ 04:39 AM Reply

At 1/21/05 07:22 PM, jonthomson wrote: Email me if people start fagging the place up.

Indeed one will. One feels proud and pleased that the mods are taking notice of this club.
Jeeves keep this gentlemens glasses full. If one finds them empty one will remove your teeth with ones cane.

Right nowhere were we. Are yes British sitcoms, which ones are good and why?

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 22nd, 2005 @ 05:16 AM Reply

At 1/21/05 07:22 PM, jonthomson wrote: Email me if people start fagging the place up.

Will do, Jon. Thanks for the support.

At 1/22/05 04:39 AM, ColdstreamCooper wrote: Right nowhere were we. Are yes British sitcoms, which ones are good and why?

Blackadder
Red Dwarf
Porridge
Open All Hours

These are one's favourite British sitcoms of all time. One does not need to justify them, as they are all very funny.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 22nd, 2005 @ 06:00 PM Reply

Fifth Test, Centurion
Day 2 (England won toss)

South Africa 247-9

Andrew Flintoff and Simon Jones took four and three wickets each, respectively, on the second day of the final test. Flintoff posted figures of 4-44 and Jones put on a late spurt to rech stumps at 3-47. The only major resistance to the English bowlers was AB de Villiers, who was trapped LBW off Ashley Giles for 92- only 8 runs short of his maiden test century.

A poor day for Steve Harmison, as he only came up with 0-79. The injury he sustained during the last test may be partly to blame for his most recent lack of form with the ball.

Still three days to go, and if England can dismiss the final South African wicket early tomorrow, we can set up to bat the whole day out. A small lead would be beneficial, to put the pressure on the South Africans for the second innings. A result is still on the cards.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Mr-Blue-Sky
Mr-Blue-Sky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 22nd, 2005 @ 06:29 PM Reply

I say ultimate force is a bit off an unintentional sitcom, the realsim is appauling, the SAS were in and out the Iranian embassy in less than ten minutes in real life, this took them half an hour. But it is bloody good to watch, the latest seris is alot more brutal and the overacting is most humerous.

Naturally falty towers was the best sitcom ever but I think in 20 years one will look back and Praise "my family" as a great sitcom.

OzoneGhost
OzoneGhost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 23rd, 2005 @ 05:08 AM Reply

At 1/22/05 06:29 PM, The_Patriot wrote: I say ultimate force is a bit off an unintentional sitcom, the realsim is appauling, the SAS were in and out the Iranian embassy in less than ten minutes in real life, this took them half an hour. But it is bloody good to watch, the latest seris is alot more brutal and the overacting is most humerous.

One knows what you mean. The first part in the first series they had to clear a bank of armed gunmen. They did that with no trouble, but to be fair they had better weapons and the police made a right mess of things. One still prefered the first two series to this one. They got rid of the good members of Red troop and Chris Ryan (ex-SAS) is no longer leading Blue troop.
One thinks most of the humor has gone, with only the odd line being left.

Naturally falty towers was the best sitcom ever but I think in 20 years one will look back and Praise my family as a great sitcom.

Both where good, but one feels they have milked them too much. The My family christmas one was good, but I thinked it is helped by having a cast of great actors.

Tri-Nitro-Toluene
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 23rd, 2005 @ 09:43 AM Reply

hello chaps!
One has returned from my ban and I am glad to be back.
Its nice to see teh mods are taking an interets in the club what! I say we get both Ted Easton and Jon Thompson placed on the next honours list whenever that is.

On to the subject of Sitcoms.

one must say that Father Ted is by far the greatest sitcom ever. Black adder and Red dwarf close second and third but nothing can beta the might of Father Jack and his drunken slumber!

Are there any interesting sporting events happening at the moment? One has been knee deep on coursework so I havent caught up with the cricket and the like.

OzoneGhost
OzoneGhost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 23rd, 2005 @ 11:36 AM Reply

At 1/23/05 09:43 AM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: one must say that Father Ted is by far the greatest sitcom ever. Black adder and Red dwarf close second and third but nothing can beta the might of Father Jack and his drunken slumber!

One has to agree that Father Ted was good, but one can't really say it was the best, even with Father Jack and his little drink problem. One liked Blackadder, Allo, Allo, porridge, and some others. Trouble with sitcoms is there are so many of them and its hard to find a best one.

Tri-Nitro-Toluene
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 23rd, 2005 @ 01:20 PM Reply

indeed. There are so many classic sitcoms about that can reduce you to stitches but for some reason most of the recent ones leave me cold. My family and My hero are the only ones i really watch that i find funny.

OzoneGhost
OzoneGhost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 23rd, 2005 @ 02:46 PM Reply

At 1/23/05 01:20 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: My family and My hero are the only ones i really watch that i find funny.

One thinks they are the only ones running. Black books that was another good one even if it was on channel 4. The BBC make the best sitcoms around.

Tri-Nitro-Toluene
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 23rd, 2005 @ 02:47 PM Reply

At 1/23/05 02:46 PM, ColdstreamCooper wrote: One thinks they are the only ones running. Black books that was another good one even if it was on channel 4. The BBC make the best sitcoms around.

never gotto see black books. I wnated to cause bill bailey was in it and he is one of my comedy heroes! I went to see him live last year was an absoltly brillaint show.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 23rd, 2005 @ 03:20 PM Reply

At 1/23/05 11:36 AM, ColdstreamCooper wrote: One has to agree that Father Ted was good, but one can't really say it was the best, even with Father Jack and his little drink problem.

Problem? For it to be a problem, would entail that Jack suffers from it. One thinks that he quite enjoys it, actually.

Anyway, on to the cricket.

Fifth Test, Centurion
Day 3
South Africa 247
England 114-4

On another rain-disrupted day, England thought they had gained the upper hand, by finishing the South African innings off in two balls, without them adding to their overnight total. Simon Jones got Andrew Hall (11) to swing at a loose one and he edged to Andrew Strauss, who ran back and took a nice catch.

However, England need to make something of their first innings, to make it count.

Marcus Trescothick (20) was run out by a direct hit early on. Rob Key (1) followed soon after and Michael Vaughan (0) made it thre quick wickets, giving South Africa the momentum. Andrew Strauss (44) and Graham Thorpe (32*) eluded the bowling and buit us back up, but Strauss fell to Nel late on. Andrew Flintoff stood at the opposite end to Thorpe, having not yet faced a delivery.

We need to bat for another half a day, hopefully giving us the lead. Then we can bowl them out for a small score and we can still possibly earn an unlikely victory.

The problem is, with every over lost to rain and bad light, the chance of us winning 3-1 diminishes.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 23rd, 2005 @ 03:27 PM Reply

At 1/23/05 03:20 PM, Coop83 wrote: The problem is, with every over lost to rain and bad light, the chance of us winning 3-1 diminishes.

but saurelyif this win will take us to 3-1 then havent we won already? SO does it really matter if we win this match?

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 23rd, 2005 @ 04:00 PM Reply

At 1/23/05 03:27 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote:
At 1/23/05 03:20 PM, Coop83 wrote: The problem is, with every over lost to rain and bad light, the chance of us winning 3-1 diminishes.
but saurelyif this win will take us to 3-1 then havent we won already? SO does it really matter if we win this match?

We must try and win, because there is no posible way to play for a draw. If we don't play to win and South Africa pull off the win, we don't win the series and I will be sad.

South Africa still have all to play for. If we win the series, we will be the first touring side since Austraila to win a test series in South Africa, since they were let back into the test fold (post-apartheid) Only Autralia have won there in the past 15 years, and what a confidence boost that would be, for the Ashes series, this summer!

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 23rd, 2005 @ 04:02 PM Reply

ah I see. Well then lets hope forgood wetaher and hope the lads play well what!

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 23rd, 2005 @ 04:08 PM Reply

At 1/23/05 04:02 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: ah I see. Well then lets hope forgood wetaher and hope the lads play well what!

Either that, or hope for bad weather and the test will end without a result, thus giving us a 2-1 series win. One always prefers to see a bit of leather on willow every now and again though.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
OzoneGhost
OzoneGhost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 23rd, 2005 @ 04:56 PM Reply

At 1/23/05 03:20 PM, Coop83 wrote: Problem? For it to be a problem, would entail that Jack suffers from it. One thinks that he quite enjoys it, actually.

For someone who is enjoying it he seems in a most awful mood....apart from when he is handing out pain to others, mostly Ted.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 23rd, 2005 @ 05:24 PM Reply

At 1/23/05 04:56 PM, ColdstreamCooper wrote: For someone who is enjoying it he seems in a most awful mood....apart from when he is handing out pain to others, mostly Ted.

He's in a most awful mood, because he isn't drinking at that point. Look at how he perks up when he has a bottle in his hand.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
OzoneGhost
OzoneGhost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 24th, 2005 @ 05:27 AM Reply

At 1/23/05 05:24 PM, Coop83 wrote: He's in a most awful mood, because he isn't drinking at that point. Look at how he perks up when he has a bottle in his hand.

Jack is much better when he sobers up or when he drinks floor polish. Oh well it has to be asked. Whats your favorite Father Ted?

Tri-Nitro-Toluene
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 24th, 2005 @ 10:43 AM Reply

At 1/24/05 05:27 AM, ColdstreamCooper wrote: Jack is much better when he sobers up or when he drinks floor polish. Oh well it has to be asked. Whats your favorite Father Ted?

the christmas special was a classic so that would be my favourite or the speed episode with the milk float.

Ted "So what can we do to help Dougal?"
Priest"Hold another mass?"
Ted" I dont think that will help him thta much"
Priest" I know but I just love preaching mass!"

But one cant forget the episode where father stone comes to visit.

"She's an old woman dougal! She's loser to god than you and I could ever hope to be! "

OzoneGhost
OzoneGhost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 24th, 2005 @ 10:47 AM Reply

At 1/24/05 10:43 AM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: the christmas special was a classic so that would be my favourite or the speed episode with the milk float.

Indeed and we can't forget Jack's classic line from that one. "I love my BRICK."
The later on he throws it at Ted, when he falls out with his brick.

Tri-Nitro-Toluene
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 24th, 2005 @ 10:54 AM Reply

At 1/24/05 10:47 AM, ColdstreamCooper wrote: Indeed and we can't forget Jack's classic line from that one. "I love my BRICK."
The later on he throws it at Ted, when he falls out with his brick.

One had forgotten about that bit. I need to re watch my father ted DVD's now........well thats me sorted out for the weekend.

dont suppsoe anyone knows of any sites that deal with global hunger issues and gm crops etc? I have a DME exam for my geography GCSe tommoroew and need to gte soem mroe background info Ive tried google but failed to see anything interesting might have been the way i worded the search I suppose.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 24th, 2005 @ 04:46 PM Reply

At 1/24/05 05:27 AM, DuskHeart-XI wrote: Jack is much better when he sobers up or when he drinks floor polish. Oh well it has to be asked. Whats your favorite Father Ted?

One's favourite Father Ted episode is the one with Richard Wilson in it. Father Noel Furlong singing Bohemian Rhapsody in the cave is probably one of the funniest moments from the entire collection.

Plus Richard Wilson's final punchline: 'I... Don't believe it!'

Oh, and Manic, One can't help you old boy. Sorry.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 24th, 2005 @ 04:48 PM Reply

At 1/24/05 04:46 PM, Coop83 wrote: Plus Richard Wilson's final punchline: 'I... Don't believe it!'

so many classic epsiodes of father ted.i keep on forgetting about some of them!

Oh, and Manic, One can't help you old boy. Sorry.

not to worry old chapmanegd to locate an nice little site to helpme out so Im good.

Tea anyone?

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 24th, 2005 @ 04:55 PM Reply

Fifth Test, Centurion
Day 4

South Africa 247 & 59-2
England 359

A spirited performance from Graham Thorpe, backed up by Andrew Flintoff swung the match firmly into England's favour today. Thorpe (86) and Flintoff (77) frustrated the South African bowlers for hours. Geraint Jones (50) and Ashley Giles (39) pitched in and eventually, England were dismissed for 359. This gave us a lead of 112 runs and just over a day to play.

Enter Andrew Flintoff once more.
Flintoff came on to bowl and removed Herschelle Gibbs (4) and night watchman Andrew Hall (9) to leave us needing only eight more host wickets tomorrow. They still trail by 53, but they do have some useful bats both on the pitch and in the pavillion. de Villiers (20*) and Kallis (19*) shared an unbroken 30 stand to finish the day off.

This match could still end in an English Victory, but the smart money is still on a draw.

Naturally, one shall bet on a win for England!

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 24th, 2005 @ 05:17 PM Reply

At 1/24/05 04:48 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: Tea anyone?

Why not, old chap. Hobnobs or Jammie Dodgers?

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 24th, 2005 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 1/24/05 05:17 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 1/24/05 04:48 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: Tea anyone?
Why not, old chap. Hobnobs or Jammie Dodgers?

Jammy Dodgers of course! it is not possible to ebta the yummyner sof a jammy dodger.....not good for dunking in tea but we must all make sacrifices

Etonboy
Etonboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to English Gentleman's Club Jan. 24th, 2005 @ 06:09 PM Reply

You heretic Chocolate Hobnod is the deity of the biscuit world