00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dumbuhgly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

English Gentleman's Club

341,296 Views | 6,660 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-17 11:38:17

Good morrow my fair english chappies, how progresses the day? whats that i hear you say, whore your exam results, very well, yes i did get the only A* in english language in my entire year, proud, heavens no, okay, perhaps a little.

Wot, wot, who wishes to fill one in on the events of the club thus far?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-17 11:41:08

At 1/17/05 11:38 AM, March_Hare wrote: whats that i hear you say, whore your exam results, very well, yes i did get the only A* in english language in my entire year, proud, heavens no, okay, perhaps a little.

Thats very good old bean. Shame there isn't an English accent exam. Now that would be wizard and gives you an important skill for life.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-17 11:45:11

well, one is quite pissee that the ENGLISH literature exam was on an AMERICAN novel, what? i dont quite get that, still, i aced it through and through.

</whore>

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-17 11:49:59

At 1/17/05 11:45 AM, March_Hare wrote: well, one is quite pissee that the ENGLISH literature exam was on an AMERICAN novel, what? i dont quite get that, still, i aced it through and through.

An american novel for English. Good god, what is wrong with schools today. Don't they know that its English literature and not american-English. One is shocked.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-17 11:55:18

indeed, and one hopes to rectify the matter one day, once one has rised through society sufficently to have that sort of power.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-17 12:03:19

At 1/17/05 11:55 AM, March_Hare wrote: indeed, and one hopes to rectify the matter one day, once one has rised through society sufficently to have that sort of power.

Indeed. As they say if you want something done you have yourself. What novel was it old bean?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-17 12:07:35

it was 'of mice and men', a fine novel in itself but thouroughly american. One would do essays for it, or read it for leisure but it is most definately infair to set it for ones exams, still, so long as one can get the A* in the end it does not matter i suppose, but one will not stand by to allow future generations to face the same fate.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-17 12:16:30

At 1/17/05 12:07 PM, March_Hare wrote: it was 'of mice and men', a fine novel in itself but thouroughly american.

Ah....you would think they would have stopped using that now. One covered that in ones first year at High school. One did one of Orwells novels for the exam. One prefered the final study, schindlers list. Thats was done really well and had some fine acting talent in it.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-17 12:26:18

At 1/17/05 12:16 PM, ColdstreamCooper wrote:
Ah....you would think they would have stopped using that now. One covered that in ones first year at High school. One did one of Orwells novels for the exam. One prefered the final study, schindlers list. Thats was done really well and had some fine acting talent in it.

High school? one is afraid one does not really know what that is? and you studied a movie? what level of examination was that, surely not GCSE?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-17 14:48:52

At 1/17/05 12:26 PM, March_Hare wrote: High school? one is afraid one does not really know what that is? and you studied a movie? what level of examination was that, surely not GCSE?

Of course GCSE old bean. The course work was one film, novel and play from fool.
I was more as study of light and angles in the film to the film plot itself.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-17 14:55:28

one does not do a film, two novels, a play and poetry.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-17 15:59:32

At 1/17/05 02:55 PM, March_Hare wrote: one does not do a film, two novels, a play and poetry.

Unluck chap. One couldn't stand poetry, people should keep their own mental problems to themselves. After one does.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-17 16:50:10

At 1/17/05 03:59 PM, ColdstreamCooper wrote: Unluck chap. One couldn't stand poetry, people should keep their own mental problems to themselves. After one does.

Well, for one's English GCSE exam, all those years ago, the course was 'Lord of the Flies' by William Golding, 'Death of a Salesman' by Arthur Miller and a selection of WWI poetry.

We had the TV mini series of Lorf of the Flies to give us extra research and the Film of Death of a Salesman, with Dustin Hoffman, no less playing the lead. Most boring, if you ask one.

One does regret not taking English all the way to A level. Instead, one was duped into doing Maths.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-17 17:15:12

And now, the final score in the cricket.

Fourth Test, Johannesburg
England 411-8 dec & 332-9 dec
South Africa 419 & 247
England won by 77 runs

England's day got off to a bright start, Marcus Trescothick moved up to 180, with support for Gerraint Jones (13), Ashley Giles (31) Matt Hoggard (0) and Steve Harmison (3*) With the score on 332-9, England declared, as soon as Trescothick left the scene. A lead of 324. South Africa needed 325 to win, with just over 2 sessions to play.

Enter Matt Hoggard, the bowler. He returned figures of 7-61, (12-205 in the match) in his one man demolition of the South African attack. He took the wickets of de Villiers (3), Rudolph (2), Kallis (0), Dippenaar (14), Boucher (0), Boje (18) and Steyn (8) to cap an excellent day for the tourists. Andrew Flintoff chipped in with the wickets of Pollock (4) and Ntini (13), while Ashley Giles took the key wicket of Herschelle Gibbs, England's tormentor during this test, for 98.

Hoggard was later voted man of the match for his efforts.

England not take a 2-1 series lead into the final test and are looking to win their first series over the South Africans on South African soil in over 40 years.

Good luck, chaps.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-18 03:49:37

At 1/17/05 04:50 PM, Coop83 wrote: One does regret not taking English all the way to A level. Instead, one was duped into doing Maths.

This brings us nicely onto a new topic. What was or is your favorite subject and why? One always enjoyed history and anything to do with combat. One found it most interesting, but they is not many jobs that you can use it in.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-18 11:54:44

Oh English of course old boy, what else. one finds the english language to be a wonderful thing but most of all one loves stories, reading them, writing them, everything from english lang one enjoys doing, thats why one is best at it in ones school.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-18 12:09:00

At 1/18/05 11:54 AM, March_Hare wrote: Oh English of course old boy, what else. one finds the english language to be a wonderful thing but most of all one loves stories, reading them, writing them, everything from english lang one enjoys doing, thats why one is best at it in ones school.

One was never like English. One could speak it, read it and write it. That seem fine for one, but at least English was better than maths or French. One really hated those.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-18 12:18:28

At 1/18/05 12:09 PM, ColdstreamCooper wrote: One was never like English. One could speak it, read it and write it. That seem fine for one, but at least English was better than maths or French. One really hated those.

Maths? Who needs to know what pi is, all one needs to know is how to make a good steak and kidney one. It took me ages to get Jeeves to make one for me. And French? One won't be going to their country, I assure you. Who needs the Eiffel Tower when we have the Blackpool Tower. Honestly.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-18 12:26:10

At 1/18/05 12:18 PM, FromDuskTillSean wrote: Maths? Who needs to know what pi is, all one needs to know is how to make a good steak and kidney one. It took me ages to get Jeeves to make one for me.

Indeed, nothing apart from a fine british fillet steak can bet a pie. Everyone likes pie, just ask that chap weebl.

And French? One won't be going to their country, I assure you. Who needs the Eiffel Tower when we have the Blackpool Tower. Honestly.

French can be useful old bean. Its always good to insult people in their native tongue. One is still mad about the channel tunnel. Why would we want easy to get to the island. Thats right you hear one right, Great Britain is the mainland the rest of europe is the island. Jeeves more brandy.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-18 12:34:33

OMG cheerio.....that's my favorite cereal lol
Can I join ? I'm english you know ? watch, chip chip..pip-pip. I say rather smashing day outside wouldn't you say old chap ? Also, I'll quit brushing my teeth if you let me join, nothing like having tooth decay to try and attract a women eh ? lol losers....

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-18 12:35:42

Great Britain is not part of europe at all old boy, mainland or otherwise i wish nothing to do with them, pardon my frenc but fuck the EU right in the fucking ear.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-18 12:39:43

At 1/18/05 12:34 PM, wazup190 wrote: OMG cheerio.....that's my favorite cereal lol
Can I join ? I'm english you know ? watch, chip chip..pip-pip. I say rather smashing day outside wouldn't you say old chap ? Also, I'll quit brushing my teeth if you let me join, nothing like having tooth decay to try and attract a women eh ? lol losers....

and i'll make sure i stop eating everything but burgers, and other things constituting of at least 90% oure grease so i can be fat and spotty and ugly enough to fit in with your super cool crowd of fat artery clogged megalomaniacs.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-18 12:41:41

At 1/18/05 12:35 PM, March_Hare wrote: Great Britain is not part of europe at all old boy, mainland or otherwise i wish nothing to do with them, pardon my frenc but fuck the EU right in the fucking ear.

Yes, but europe thinks that we are and we have to be nice to them because if we don't they will cut off all our trade to over there. One has only been across the channel once of twice and one has found the best place across the channel in the channel island.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-18 12:49:08

At 1/18/05 12:39 PM, March_Hare wrote: and i'll make sure i stop eating everything but burgers, and other things constituting of at least 90% oure grease so i can be fat and spotty and ugly enough to fit in with your super cool crowd of fat artery clogged megalomaniacs.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Those are all american stereotypes. How ignorant of you to assume I was american. Next time before you attempt to insult someone, atleast do a background check, and find out where they are actually from you fucking loser.
edn.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-18 12:51:13

At 1/18/05 12:49 PM, wazup190 wrote:
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Those are all american stereotypes. How ignorant of you to assume I was american. Next time before you attempt to insult someone, atleast do a background check, and find out where they are actually from you fucking loser.
edn.

thats just it, theres no difference between canadians and yanks.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-18 12:55:11

At 1/18/05 12:51 PM, March_Hare wrote: thats just it, theres no difference between canadians and yanks.

OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude you should be a fucking comedian. Because you must be joking. Canadians and americans are not even close to being the same. For one, Canadians are way fucking cooler then americans :P 2nd Canadians are not lead by some power hungry retard with the last name from a plant. 3rd you're a fucking moron, just shut up before you make yourself look even stupider.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-18 13:05:08

see, on both accounts, there megolamia is unequalled.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-18 13:08:50

How do I English Gentleman in this thread?

At 1/18/05 01:05 PM, March_Hare wrote: see, on both accounts, there megolamia is unequalled.

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-18 13:09:22

yes sorry, i meant 'their'.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-18 13:10:22

i want to speak like a stuck up bitch too
can i post here