00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writer's Guild

206,250 Views | 4,991 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-15 11:15:13

At 11/14/04 04:43 PM, G-MAN490 wrote:
well I thought that we were going to use my VAMPIRE NINJA idea, dont know if I'm too interested in the Wizard of Oz story but it sounds kinda funny, it could be called uh...The Wizard of the Portal, or The Wizard of New Grounds.

Dont fret dude. IF we do use my Oz Idea for this project afterwards we can use you Vampire ninja idea. my idea is only going to work if we can get a good animator and I think that is going to be a problem...........maybe we should try and contact the people that did decline of video gaming? Super flash bros I think did it?

I think I might do an independant clay project cuz I just bought all the equipment I need to make one, it was only 30 bucks on amazon.com, not to sure if I could use my Vampire Ninja idea with clay though cuz the characters have no arms or legs just floating hands and feet. anyway if anyone wants to help me, or has a story I think I should use feel free to ask.

ill be willing to help with your clay project if you want. I dont think your vampire ninja idea will work with clay but Im willing to help you come up with something to get the clay thing to work :P

Maybe you could write up a little short story or have someone else write one then you could base you project around the story. With the clay people being the characters from the story etc. Thats just a quick Idea from the top of my head but give me a while and Im sure I can come up with another idea if you dont ike that one :P

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-15 11:43:06

It would go straight to the story with the hero but the odd question from the grand-children.Aimed at about 13-17 year olds.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-15 15:09:32

At 11/15/04 11:43 AM, LordSkeletor wrote: It would go straight to the story with the hero but the odd question from the grand-children.Aimed at about 13-17 year olds.

Sounds like a good idea. What are his adventures generally about?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-15 15:12:59

At 11/15/04 11:15 AM, Frozen_fox wrote:

maybe we should try and contact the people that did decline of video gaming? Super flash bros I think did it?

That is a greati dea. I would conact them myself, but it isnt my idea. I dont want to steal anybodys thunder.
So Frozen_Fox, if you can find the time, you should email them with your idea. I think it is a great concept, and they are the perfect bunch to animate it if they are interested.
It is up to you, because it is your idea. However, when or if you get word, tell me, i want to help write it.

Cheers,

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-15 17:41:41

I am just bored and was checkin in... i guess no one is arround. O well, i got a presentation to do tonight. :S

Lates

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-15 17:45:30

This is precisely the club I wanted! My writing club sucked anyway. So, I would like to present a little something I call, THE FANTASY ZONE! I hope you like it.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-15 17:47:50

I have an idea for a flash animation. The name of it is the Fantasy Zone. A brand new online game has come out, called the Fantasy Zone, where warriors and magicians alike join in this awesome rpg. However, a boy called James logs in one day to discover that it is no ordinary game. His character is Pwnage, and he finds out that the game is actually made for breeding the ultimate virus, aka the Black Virus. Programmor (spelled purposefully with an o at the end) was the creator of the game and virus, trying to obtain perfect peace with the world by destroying all of technology. He creates the hacker sword, but Pwnage got to it first. He now has the ability to hack into anything and anywhere, even in real life! Will he and his friends have the power to defeat Conan, aka programmor!? Find out, you awesome flash artists!

Also, during the ending, Programmor is forever sealed into the game for eternity, but so is the virus into the hacker sword. Part of it resides in programmor… Sound like a series to you? Just give me your thoughts by posting here, jimvid89@yahoo.com

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-15 17:49:38

Also, I am working on a megaman X script to give to Capcom, and they are going to love it! I already submitted several ideas of medieval flash ideas to five people already, and they loved them! Oh, and by the way, people call me James. Don't call me Okurop, because my sister thought of that retarded idea.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-15 17:52:53

I'm not saying I hate her, I just don't like the name. Now, anyway, where was I? Oh yes, can I join!? Please please please please please please please please please!?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-15 17:55:16

At 11/14/04 03:24 PM, BinjinPurj wrote:
At 11/4/04 02:21 PM, Frozen_fox wrote:
At 11/3/04 05:18 PM, Binjin_Purj wrote:
If anyone is interested, I'll send it to you via e-mail.

Thanx
Send it to me if you want it reviewed.. Im always up for helping people out.
I am sry that it took me so long to send you that chapter, but I'm sending it now.

Thanx

I sent it to you and haven't gotten a response, man. Just telling you. :)

Check out this poem that I wrote a long time ago.
[:LINK:]

Is it any good?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-15 18:46:47

Can I join? Huh, Can I!? Pleeeeze. I have been searching for somone who was as creative as me, and this place is full of them. Pleeeeeeeeeze. I am a very good scriptist!

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-15 20:15:39

At 11/15/04 06:46 PM, Okurop wrote: Can I join? Huh, Can I!? Pleeeeze. I have been searching for somone who was as creative as me, and this place is full of them. Pleeeeeeeeeze. I am a very good scriptist!

Of course... the more the merrier. I invite you to check the other pages for others short storie inserts (and my poems : ) )... or just post your own here. We will comment, critique, discuss etc.
Are you an animator by chance? Or know a good one? Because the Writer's Guild is trying to start up a colloberative writing process for different flash movies and concepts.

Cheers,

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-15 20:18:02

lol oh.. you already did post your concets and ideas. My fault.. i didnt look back far enough.

Cheers,

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-15 20:40:33

I am out for the night... i am working on my painting (which i am basing on my ALENIO poem which i think was on page 5 or 6)
Then i got to do my Angel of Gabriel painting... both due by Dec 2... grrr, short time for two amazing paintings... im glad im that damn good lol.

Night all... i'll prolly check i ntomorrow afta school.

Cheers,

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-15 21:20:45

sorry if I sounded like I was excluding everyone elses ideas earlier, I just got a little carried away, sorry milton is a character from a movie called office space, rent it it's hella funny. I got a few ideas for a clay animation, they're kinda short though, one, which I think is my favorite so far, is about a kid in college who has a low selfasteem, due to being extremely over weight, kids make fun of him and whatnot. so one day he meets a blind girl who ends up liking him just for who he is. he doesn't tell her why he has no other friends or that he is over weight. I dont really know where it'll go from there, I was kinda thinking of that old movie with cher, I think it's called mask? not the mask with jim kerry (last name spelled write?) anyway tell me what u think, or if u wanna here my other ideas.

I dropped out in the third grade, and spent all my time at the arcade.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-15 21:34:35

At 11/15/04 09:20 PM, G-MAN490 wrote:

:I think it's called mask? not the mask with jim kerry (last name spelled write?) anyway tell me what u think, or if u wanna here my other ideas.

It actually sound slike it has a potential of being funny. If i were you... i would see if for your first film... you could work with -knox- if at all possible. That way you have given yourself a name i nthe clay world. Unless you are really good, then you would not need is support.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-15 22:08:04

This poem got stuck as the last post on one of the other pages and no one seemed to acknowledge it.. so maybe no one saw it? Anyway.. ima post it one last time. For two reasons.. one... im bored... all the RP im in have kind of died for the night... two... uhh there si no two... enjoy!

July
An Artistic Ode
By, K. Myst Williams

You struggle as another person
Feeling the fire in your chest
You yearn for an obsession
Desire at its best
Yet adrenaline red-lights your rest
Wind inside, a forced collapsing sigh
Desire on high

A subtle touch of soft red lips
A comfortable hand moving down your hips
A curve, a thigh
Lust at its best
A movement to succeed your highest tests
Heat inside, an exhale of romantic breath
Lust or meth

For a moment you lack all sense
Union and climax makes you grow tense
Losing hold, building suspense
Pleasure at its best
Beating in their chest
Deep inside, a choke, a cry
Pleasure in July

Make it worth something.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-15 22:48:31

At 11/15/04 09:34 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: It actually sound slike it has a potential of being funny. If i were you... i would see if for your first film... you could work with -knox- if at all possible. That way you have given yourself a name i nthe clay world. Unless you are really good, then you would not need is support.

well I think knox is working on a 30-40 minute long movie called Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hide not to sure what it's about becides the fact that it's probably based off of the classic movie, plus I've done clay animation before. thx for the idea though, if anyone has an idea of how to end my story plz let me know k? If u guys end up doing the Oz idea then after u guys write it I could do it in clay, I'll submit my other idea first so u can let me know if u like my style.

I dropped out in the third grade, and spent all my time at the arcade.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 07:42:00

At 11/15/04 10:48 PM, G-MAN490 wrote: well I think knox is working on a 30-40 minute long movie called Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hide not to sure what it's about becides the fact that it's probably based off of the classic movie, plus I've done clay animation before. thx for the idea though, if anyone has an idea of how to end my story plz let me know k? If u guys end up doing the Oz idea then after u guys write it I could do it in clay, I'll submit my other idea first so u can let me know if u like my style.

I cannot wait to see your stuff, post the link in this thread as soon as you submit it. So i dont have to go looking for it. :)

a 30 min long... i guess he will devide it up into a shit load of parts... i hope.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 07:58:38

I am starting a new RP this coming weekend... it is a fantasy RP that might eventually turn sci-fi. I havnt fully decided on it yet, however i have started created an outline. If anyone is interested or has any ideas... post them here.

I will be checking in tonight for your comments.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 11:15:10

At 11/15/04 05:55 PM, BinjinPurj wrote:

I sent it to you and haven't gotten a response, man. Just telling you. :)

lol sorry dude. i haven't had a chance to read it yet. Ive been rushed off my feet trying to get homeowrk and things done for school. it doesnt help that I have to go play in my school orchestra for my schools awards eveining tonight either. But Ill try and read it all by tommorow and Ill post what I think then:P sorry for taking so long to do it though.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 11:17:00

At 11/16/04 07:58 AM, Myst_Williams wrote: I am starting a new RP this coming weekend... it is a fantasy RP that might eventually turn sci-fi. I havnt fully decided on it yet, however i have started created an outline. If anyone is interested or has any ideas... post them here.

If its fantasy I could be persuaded to join :P What are your ideas for it?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 11:21:18

At 11/15/04 03:12 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
That is a greati dea. I would conact them myself, but it isnt my idea. I dont want to steal anybodys thunder.
So Frozen_Fox, if you can find the time, you should email them with your idea. I think it is a great concept, and they are the perfect bunch to animate it if they are interested.
It is up to you, because it is your idea. However, when or if you get word, tell me, i want to help write it.

Cheers,

wow triple post..........,..new record for me.

LOL dont worry about stealing my thunder. Besides If we do my Oz idea then the script should be written first I think then when its done we could contact the Super flash bros or someone else to do it......but anyway. This is probably the last you will hear from me today cause Ive got to go out and perform in the school orchestra. Toodles.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 11:47:20

At 11/16/04 07:58 AM, Myst_Williams wrote: I am starting a new RP this coming weekend... it is a fantasy RP that might eventually turn sci-fi. I havnt fully decided on it yet, however i have started created an outline. If anyone is interested or has any ideas... post them here.

Im interested.Ive wanted to do something like this but havnt found the time.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 15:04:00

At 11/16/04 11:47 AM, LordSkeletor wrote: Im interested.Ive wanted to do something like this but havnt found the time.

I am going to create a world fro msratch, but would like some help. WIth races, religions, countries etc. Magic and what not might fit in. Iwant it to be a fantasy type RP. Then i am going t owrite the chronicles of the world we create and make it the first post along with a set of rules etc. Of course every new member will have to fill out a bio/form about their character b4 posting.

I have a massive art project to do today and tommorrow and wont be on much. However, if you guys could discuss al lthis anyways. I will be sure to pop-in and comment. By Thursday night though i will be back full swing. Iwant to finish the chronicles by saturday if i can.

Anyways, that is about it for now. If your interested, start creating the world now and throw out ideas.

The thread will be called somin like 'World of Roleplay'.... Motto: Where Roleplay Meets Reality... or somin catchy like that.

Ima check back i nlate tonight and see if a convo is a brewing.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 15:07:19

At 11/16/04 11:17 AM, Frozen_fox wrote: If its fantasy I could be persuaded to join :P What are your ideas for it?

I will post my personal ideas late tonight. Right now i gotta jet. I am madd busy. Discuss your ideas anyway... i want us to come upwith a world fro mscratch togethor. Then i will take all of our ideas and somehow force them into the chronicle. Some ideas might not fir in, but i will do the best i can.

P.S. when i do make the thread... should i put it under General or Clubs/Crews??!?!?

see you all later tonight!

Cheers,

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 16:22:56

At 11/16/04 03:07 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
I will post my personal ideas late tonight. Right now i gotta jet. I am madd busy. Discuss your ideas anyway... i want us to come upwith a world fro mscratch togethor. Then i will take all of our ideas and somehow force them into the chronicle. Some ideas might not fir in, but i will do the best i can.

P.S. when i do make the thread... should i put it under General or Clubs/Crews??!?!?

General I think. more people look at General than Clubs and crews.

But as for ideas.Ill see if I can come up with something and Ill post if I do

BTw that poem thing I was writing is almost done....I think :S so I should gte it finished before weekend.

see you all later tonight!

Cheers,

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 16:34:15

Magic might not fit in :( oh well If it does I want my char. to be a Wizard of some sort.I thought about the religons races etc. What about cults I guess they are a type of religon? Any way I was thinking there could be a sort of satanic cult that have a dress-code or something or have to pass a test to get in.And for races,Eleves!! you need to have elves!!! or not.....anyway thats all Ive got for now once I think about it some more ill post it up.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 16:46:07

At 11/16/04 04:34 PM, LordSkeletor wrote: Magic might not fit in :( oh well If it does I want my char. to be a Wizard of some sort.I thought about the religons races etc. What about cults I guess they are a type of religon?

You only want cults for evil gods so if you have a God if decay and detah for example then you would have a secret cult of followers that meet up very new moon or soemthing to sacrifice a virgin/

And for races,Eleves!! you need to have elves!!! or not.....anyway thats all Ive got for now once I think about it some more ill post it up.

Have elves but dont call them elves call them something original.....like I dunno summit that isnt just elves cause that name is really boring.....errrrrrr yeah?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 16:49:40

Did ya miss me, kids? Well I've recently been told that the Guild has fallen on hard times. My advice? Build up a fanbase. Go to places like the LNL (late night lounge) and post short stories there. It's worked for me. One note of warning... only post stories you don't mind losing. Unless you know how to get a copyright, your stories are in danger. That's why I post little BS stories that are good but nothing I'd put my career on. You'll never see something I intend to make into a movie in the LNL. I can promise you that.