00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writer's Guild

206,106 Views | 4,991 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-02 22:12:07

At 10/27/04 06:57 AM, -TheDoctor- wrote:
At 10/26/04 11:19 PM, Lysaer wrote:
So, what do you think? I know I was kinda thinking South Park when I thought up the everyone is same and one weird language,. but I decided to throw in that there are still some homogenous, despite languages. Whatever, anyone interested? Lemme know.
I like it, a world defined by race is certainly an interesting concept. I would like to read more of this if you feel like continuing.

In the spirit of things I have also started an ongoing story, in a similar style. I quite enjoyed writing the prologue, and I intend to continue this tale for a few chapters. It is based on the "Fallout" series, although dosent stick to the same story, some events will remain the same though.

I am a hardcore Fallout fan, I think this is very intresting, you should go with this. By the way, anyone know what the Fallout bible is, and if it is going to be continued?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-03 12:12:25

At 11/2/04 10:12 PM, MasterBlaster500 wrote:
I am a hardcore Fallout fan, I think this is very intresting, you should go with this. By the way, anyone know what the Fallout bible is, and if it is going to be continued?

Ahh, excellent. I need to finish my first chapter, you will recognise some of the stuff I link in (characters like Frank Horrigan). I am trying to build a story that could happen around the Fallout games.

Dont know about the bible, sorry :P

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-03 12:52:11

Hey people. sorry for not posting in the last few days but I was banned :-( but Im back and roaring to go.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-03 16:16:09

At 11/3/04 12:12 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote:
At 11/2/04 10:12 PM, MasterBlaster500 wrote:
Ahh, excellent. I need to finish my first chapter, you will recognise some of the stuff I link in (characters like Frank Horrigan). I am trying to build a story that could happen around the Fallout games.

Dont know about the bible, sorry :P

I would love to read more about it, I have been reading Fallout fan fiction for a while, ever sence Black Isle got disbanded, hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel for Fallout 3.
Can't wait till you post more about it.

On another subject, I just started in on the immortals rp(I'm a big fan of highlander). So far its alot of fun, and people are heling me enter into the srory, can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-03 17:18:37

Hey guys!

I would love to join, because I write alot, but it is usually just random stories or poetry. I have a piece, though, that I believe has potential, and have had the main storyline down since I was in SECOND GRADE. Yeah, long time planning this, and even in second grade I wrote a little on it, but I completely redid the entire storyline and wrote the first chapter. I would like to see what someone else thinks about it and would like to have it criticised.

If anyone is interested, I'll send it to you via e-mail.

Thanx

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-03 17:30:36

At 11/3/04 04:16 PM, MasterBlaster500 wrote:
I would love to read more about it, I have been reading Fallout fan fiction for a while, ever sence Black Isle got disbanded, hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel for Fallout 3.
Can't wait till you post more about it.

I'm coming to the end of the first installment, it kinda leaps into things, but I need to get the nuclear war out of the way before things can really get going.

On another subject, I just started in on the immortals rp(I'm a big fan of highlander). So far its alot of fun, and people are heling me enter into the srory, can't wait to see how it all turns out!

:D
Glad to have you with us.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-03 17:56:48

Myst wanted to tell you guys that he was banned and that he thanks Frozen_Fox and The Doctor for continuing to post while he is away, they seem to do a fine job running the place. He appreciates the efforts.Will be back in about 5 or 6 days. Not exactly sure.

Incase your wondering, he is my bro and he emailed me asking me to post for him so that everyone doesnt think that he bailed on them.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-03 18:52:57

At 11/3/04 05:30 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote:
At 11/3/04 04:16 PM, MasterBlaster500 wrote:
D
Glad to have you with us.

Thanks

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-04 14:21:41

At 11/3/04 05:18 PM, Binjin_Purj wrote:

Thanx

Send it to me if you want it reviewed.. Im always up for helping people out.

On another subject.

Ive got wrtiers block and cant think of anything to write about. Anybody got any ideas that might give me some inspiration or any ideas I could just write about?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-04 20:28:22

At 11/4/04 02:21 PM, Frozen_Fox wrote:
At 11/3/04 05:18 PM, Binjin_Purj wrote:

Thanx
Send it to me if you want it reviewed.. Im always up for helping people out.

Ok man! Whats your email address?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-05 12:46:32

At 11/4/04 08:28 PM, Binjin_Purj wrote:
Ok man! Whats your email address?

The button labled "Contact author" is what you want.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-05 20:15:21

You know Doctor you got me to thinking about Fallout, so I wrote my own little "what if" story, its just a short prologue but it might give people some ideas to throw around for some fan fiction.

Prologue... War never changes...

The Vault Dweller... The Tribal hero... Both accomplished so much in such little time. Was is really worth the effort? Had what they'd done really made a difference?
I had always known of their exploits, my mother had always to me stories of them. My mother was the daughter of the former president of the New California Republic(NCR). Yet she never told me when or why we became slaves to the Brotherhood of Steel. I had heard rumors though.
From what I could gather, the Brotherhood of Steel were once a very honorable organization that valued human rights and protected the people of the wastes. Now they were a source of lies and hypocracy that only fools followed, they became power hungry and paranoid in the years after the destruction of the Enclave.
Though I wonder to this day, only ten years after my mother's death, do the fabled vault dweller and the tribal champion still live? Whether they do or not, is it possible to bring such drastic changes to the world as they had done in thier lifetimes?
I wondered time and time again, will anyone release us from this unpleasant servitude?
I had always pictured some sort of hero appearing to save me and my people. Never did I realize that hero would be me...

Well thats it, hopefully it will give you fan fiction writers some ideas, I thought that the Brotherhood of Steel becoming the bad guys would be kind of an interesting change to the Fallout plot.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-05 23:57:26

ok if we are going to do a flash animation project we need to get to work on it. dont wanna make it seem like Iam trying to be the leader or anythin just real anxious to get to work on this. first of all we need to find a story that were going to use. I really wanna do my Vampire Ninja idea, but if someone would rather do another story thats fine. next we have to find jobs for everyone, if u guys want I can do storyboards (just gotta make new comics so they show the motion and everything else that has to go into the animation). Do we have an animator yet? I saw a guy today who's really good at doing fast paced action, but mostly stick figures, his name is Pl4gued, check him out, but I think he's already in the middle of a project.

anyway, reply if u got a story u'd rather do, or if u have a specific job u wanna do, or if u seen any animators u think would be good, or if u got any comments. (wow I feel like Iam being to bossy, or something, I dunno)

P.S. post ur email if u wanna see my comics
P.P.S. teehee I said peepee

I dropped out in the third grade, and spent all my time at the arcade.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-06 13:53:32

At 11/5/04 11:57 PM, G-MAN490 wrote:
anyway, reply if u got a story u'd rather do, or if u have a specific job u wanna do, or if u seen any animators u think would be good, or if u got any comments. (wow I feel like Iam being to bossy, or something, I dunno)

Ive got on question about the vampire ninja thing. Is it a serious sotry or a comedy one? If its serious then we will need one hell of a good script to pull it off but if its a comedy idea then it might be easier.....buteither way its the only idea thats been posted that Ive read and its better than my idea of the adventures of a Leperauchaun with Lepresy in search of his pot of gold.

And dont worry about sounding bossy we need to get something going to keep this place alive and a project is the best way of doing it.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-07 01:20:14

At 11/6/04 01:53 PM, Frozen_Fox wrote:
At 11/5/04 11:57 PM, G-MAN490 wrote:
Ive got on question about the vampire ninja thing. Is it a serious sotry or a comedy one? If its serious then we will need one hell of a good script to pull it off but if its a comedy idea then it might be easier.....buteither way its the only idea thats been posted that Ive read and its better than my idea of the adventures of a Leperauchaun with Lepresy in search of his pot of gold.

uh...very little comedy so far, there's a funny old man in one part but he only has a couple lines that are funny, mostly just action, let me know if u wanna see the comic

And dont worry about sounding bossy we need to get something going to keep this place alive and a project is the best way of doing it.

k cool. BTW I downloaded the 30 day trial of flash mx 2004, Iam almost finished with a preview for the movie, but I'll need the full version if Iam going to be the animator for the project. I've done animation before but it was on a thing called a lunch box, and it was stop-motion, clay-mation kinda stuff, flash is so much harder to learn though. I've started appreciating peoples flash animations more lately cuz I know how hard it is!

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-07 15:17:24

At 11/7/04 01:20 AM, G-MAN490 wrote:

uh...very little comedy so far, there's a funny old man in one part but he only has a couple lines that are funny, mostly just action, let me know if u wanna see the comic

OK thats cool./ We just need a really cool script for it. and Im interested in seeing the comic. I wanna see what ideas youve got for it.

k cool. BTW I downloaded the 30 day trial of flash mx 2004, Iam almost finished with a preview for the movie, but I'll need the full version if Iam going to be the animator for the project. I've done animation before but it was on a thing called a lunch box, and it was stop-motion, clay-mation kinda stuff, flash is so much harder to learn though. I've started appreciating peoples flash animations more lately cuz I know how hard it is!

Flash is really hard....I can get my head round it...Ill stick to writing stuff and just randomly doodling things on paper every now and again.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-07 18:16:47

I am no good with flash, but I would be happy to lend my writing skills and some ideas for a script. I think it would be alot of fun. Lets keep throwing around ideas, and maybe we will get something that will work.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-08 15:40:46

At 11/7/04 06:16 PM, MasterBlaster500 wrote: I am no good with flash, but I would be happy to lend my writing skills and some ideas for a script. I think it would be alot of fun. Lets keep throwing around ideas, and maybe we will get something that will work.

Meh jsut to let ypou know Im forzen fox but I got bored and changed alias.

We should do a serious brain storm to come up with ideas at the moment we only have random spatterings of ideas and because of that nothing is done. BTW anyone know if Myst is still banned?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-09 07:36:50

Am I Free yet?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-09 07:38:30

I AM!!!!
Ahahaha!
Sorry, I am back. Being banned sucked. Because there was a few times i had stuff to say, now i forgetwhat they were. Grrr.

Anyhoo, this club hasnt been moving so well. I was hoping to almost on page 7 by the time i got back.

Anything important i miss?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-09 11:10:52

At 11/9/04 07:38 AM, Myst_Williams wrote: I AM!!!!
Ahahaha!
Sorry, I am back. Being banned sucked. Because there was a few times i had stuff to say, now i forgetwhat they were. Grrr.

Anyhoo, this club hasnt been moving so well. I was hoping to almost on page 7 by the time i got back.

Anything important i miss?

Hey myst welcome back. things have been moving a bit slowly but at least were still alive(which is more than I can say for the werewolf empire which is dieing a slow and painful death)

Some people have started throwing ideas around for a flash movie and thats a bout it........so you havent missed much.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-09 11:50:40

G-man400 I finally got round to checking my email and saw that you sent me the first bit of the Vampire ninja thing. I dunno if you meant to make it light hearted but it made me chcukle. It reminds me of the comics they have in news papers. I would forward it to other members but my hotmail acount is playing up a bit for some reason.
But send me some more cause id like to read the rest of the stuff youve got done.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-09 13:32:55

Hey havnt been here for a while.Anyway I have started writing a book called 'The Ruins of Courage:Ovmit's Tale' its about a forgotten hero telling his wonderous tales of adventure but his grand-children dont belive him until the find some stines with strange markings on them in his attic....

Feel free to ask questions.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-09 18:26:50

At 11/9/04 11:10 AM, Frozen_fox wrote: Some people have started throwing ideas around for a flash movie and thats a bout it........so you havent missed much.

Do we have an animator... or are we just brainstorming concepts?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-09 20:26:16

At 11/9/04 06:26 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
At 11/9/04 11:10 AM, Frozen_fox wrote: Some people have started throwing ideas around for a flash movie and thats a bout it........so you havent missed much.
Do we have an animator... or are we just brainstorming concepts?

well if we cant find an animator I'll be a last resort, if we use my Vampire Ninja idea, I am already half way done with a preview that I could probably submit by the end of the week, unless we decide not to use it, either way I dont mind being the animator, so long as I can get a full version of flash sometime soon.

p.s. if anyone wants to recieve my Vampire Ninja comics weekly or get all of them at once, post ur email adress K?

BTW frozen fox, do u want all of the episodes I have now or do u want to recieve them weekly?

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-09 21:24:09

Whenever you get a chance, i would like to see a sample of your flash work.
Maybe you should look into submitting something in the Alphas and then posting the link here so i can see some of your animation.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-10 12:55:07

At 11/9/04 08:26 PM, G-MAN490 wrote:
p.s. if anyone wants to recieve my Vampire Ninja comics weekly or get all of them at once, post ur email adress K?

BTW frozen fox, do u want all of the episodes I have now or do u want to recieve them weekly?

weekly if you dont mind it'll give me something to look forward to in my dull life :P

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-10 15:45:28

A Poem i wrote... any comments or critique would be awesome. I think it is obvious what it is about. I meant to make it so obvious, simply because, this is a topic that should not be sheilded, but not ignored either. So a more direct appraoch felt suitable.
This is odd for me, because usually i have a lot of underlying messages, meaning, and metaphors. There are only a few this time around.
There is an obvious rhyme scheme and theme scheme. Even though it is a 'light' poem, i made it difficult for myself to write by giving myself restrictions and what not. Alot of structure was put into the concept before it was actually written.
Here it is:

Escape
An Artistic Ode
By, K. Myst Williams

A rushing heat of poisoned blood
A wandering mind within a flood
Slowly influenced
I can feel the drug

Head bowed and arms across my knees
I sit on the dusty cold ground
Grasping for the sensation to be free

All I can see
Is dark and hazy
Like a foggy evening, but in the light of day
I slouch and pray

Leaning, then lying, then lifting to my feet
I argue who I am
And accept my utter defeat

I reach and grab a small round stone
And stare at every grain
I look upon the lake
And toss the stone as it begins to rain

The water ripples; the birds chirp
The sky turns grey
While moon and dusk begin to flirt

I travel back towards the city
Following the yellow streetlights
I brace myself upon the railing
Wishing for some changing sights
But instead- it seems that nothings right

Standing on the cliff-like edge
I watch the waters move in flow
Gusts of wind brush past my back
In time, a crowd begins to grow

One solemn tear molds and shapes
My cheek moist
I wipe my slate

All my wrongs clinging to my feet
The past burns my heart
I can feel the pumping heat

Looking deep into the light
For a sign or better place
Spectators begin to gather above
I view a familiar face

I gaze upon the precious tides of a starry night
And capture the sight of a solemn dove flying towards the bright moon’s light
Memories begin to trickle in
Sneaking towards my mind’s eye
The dove continues to fly

In my palm I hold her face
As I step towards my past
Looking into the future
The worst has had its last

Truly giving up
Changed my love for life
Watching the future fade
Is like truly seeing the light

Escape Me
Escape Reality
Just Escape

Find the light in her face. Don’t give up.

This is not based on a personal experience, but a personal subconcious reflection on other's experiences. Thanks for reading, i appreciate it.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-10 16:46:00

Im out for today probably, i got some plans and i got to get my homeowrk done before i go out :P

I might check in late tonight, otherwise, see you all tommorrow.
I hope to come back to see some comments on my poem :)

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-10 19:18:05

I am back.. and no ones even posted anything.
I hope this club isnt dying too. Wheres the writing society of NG.
Anyways... i was just checkin in... i wanted to know what concepots were being thrown around for that flash movie thus far?
And iwanted to see a sample of the artwork for that Ninja werewolf flash?

Cheers,