00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writer's Guild

206,162 Views | 4,991 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-20 15:15:53

Idea for adventure stat build game game...

Over the centuries, a war has been waged between machine and man. You are the first of soon to be many cyborgs, a breed of humans combined with machines. Your memory was completely wiped of your past life, so all you can do is fight for the ones that gave you your machinized powers. Over time, you battle robots, war mechs, and carriers. Defeating them gives you parts, which you can equip an upgrade. You have several stats, health, energy, strength, speed, endurance, and intelligence. Health is how long you last out damage. Energy is what is required for using certain attacks. Strength is your power level, and how much attack you can do. Speed is how fast you can take a turn in battle. Endurance is your ability to take a hit with less damage. Intelligence can help you if you're stuck in a puzzle, and that's when your machinized half gives you good hints, depending on intelligence. The more upgrades you get from the ones who created you, the more powerful you are.

How's zat? I worked on it in the last five minutes! Not bad, huh?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-20 15:19:32

It's far more detailed than this. This is only a starter. Email me of your thoughts and if you wish to use it. It's jimvid89@yahoo.com. Tell me what you think of this, and if you want to write it, I'll give you the idea.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-20 15:23:00

At 11/20/04 03:15 PM, Okurop wrote: How's zat? I worked on it in the last five minutes! Not bad, huh?

That game thing is great... but what is it? I mean, is it an idea for a flash game or did i miss something on one of the earlier pages. I am a bit confused.

I didnt bother editing your Oz script... though i like the idea... jiggly-puff lol... uhh... i havnt any suggestions really, because it is really just an intro to the actual movie. So it is good. I like it.
I havnt alot tosuggest, because that part doesn really need any improvement. The only funny part is the jiggly puff though. I will think of something else that is funny. Not sure what... maybe something that pop-up whenever you go under Toms name... like a girl stripping... or somin really random.
I am not sure. But anywas... it is good. I cant wait to read more, once it gets right into it.

g2g RP.
Later mate,

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-20 15:29:01

I already wrote most of the ideas down on a script. If I took the time to type it all down (again) my fingers would bleed! (again) Seriously, last time I did it, I had to take breaks after every hour, and it took five days to do the real thing! That part I just typed was only part of an intro and some of the details, but don't worry, I can still help out and create it once again! (And yes, I realize I might be a little too enthusiastic, but hey, scriptists and writers are most of the time.)

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-20 18:13:05

At 11/20/04 03:09 PM, Frozen_fox wrote: ok this is the basics( and I mean basics) of the first scene for my oz thing. Read through and give input. At the moment this kind of sucks but I always have problems starting things off so after suggestion and editing it will be better. Btw if there is any typos or anything sorry but Im to lazy to check for them at the moment.

Ooh! Remember to have Bedn STEILIGN SOEM CADNY!!!11

Other than that, good start.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-20 19:19:26

hey I just checked out the first couple of pages of the writers guild just to remember some memories...(?) I just noticed that a bunch of noobs who said "OOH OOH I wanna join" have only posted once or twice, we only have like 5 consistent members, I'll see what I can do to get more members up in here!

I dropped out in the third grade, and spent all my time at the arcade.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-20 20:06:30

At 11/20/04 07:19 PM, G-MAN490 wrote: hey I just checked out the first couple of pages of the writers guild just to remember some memories...(?) I just noticed that a bunch of noobs who said "OOH OOH I wanna join" have only posted once or twice, we only have like 5 consistent members, I'll see what I can do to get more members up in here!

Hey thanks man, i appreciate it alot.
I have been trying to do the same, but this one mod has his eye on my right now. Keeps tryin to ban me. Banned me once for 'spamming'.

Anyway, i plan on getting a few ne members myself.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-20 20:50:23

World of Roleplay is tmmorrow guys. Be there!
I know i said no more poetry like 5 times.. but i will be posting another sonnet later this week. It is like i dream in verse... hey thats a good line.. i should use it. lol.

Cheers,

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 05:18:19

At 11/20/04 06:13 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote:
Ooh! Remember to have Bedn STEILIGN SOEM CADNY!!!11

O_o How is ti i ddint think of that.....hmmmm stealing candy off of Tanner maybe?

Other than that, good start.

Cheers :P I should have the next bit done by tommorow,( again its only a rough version so Im going to want more suggestions and any jokes if people can think of any.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 06:59:22

Ok does anyone know what letter it was that J00bie used in the 200,000th flash submission? Was it K? or was it something else.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 08:22:06

Ok heres the next bit of my script. Comments and critques please. If you can think of a joke I can put in please tell me.

(The screen starts off as blank and small slits off scenery open up and close again as though eyes were opening and closing.)

(Only a small part of the screen should not be black and a blurry form of a pear and a peach should be seen)
(both strange voices should be done in clock crew voices.)
Strange voice 1 “ Is it dead?”

Strange voice 2 “ I don’t think so. It seems to be waking up. What should we do with it?”

Strange voice 1 “ I say we take it to our King and let him decide”

Strange Voice 2 “ Good idea. Lets take him to strawberry clock and let him decide………maybe we should knock him out again?”

Strange voice 1 “ Why the hell not?”

(a loud Crack is heard and the screen fades to black again.)

Scene 2

( This scene opens in the same way as the other except in stead of a peach and a pear the blurred from of a strawberry is seen.)
Strawberry clock “Wake up you lazy bum Or I will kick you………..so you wont wake up then….fine.”

Bedn “Ouch. What was that for?”

SC “ For being a lazy bum. Now get up!”

( the view changes and Strawberry clock is seen to jump onto a throne as Bedn gets up.)

Strawberry Clock “ Who are you and why did my Royal guards find you in the Hunting forest?”

Bedn “ ummmmmm…….Forest? Guards? waiit a second……….you’re a strawberry!”

SC” I am not just any strawberry impudent fool! I am Strawberry clock! King of the portal!”

Bedn “Strawberry clock? What is this some kind of weird dream?”

Sc “ No this isn’t a dream. You are in my palace in the clock crew lands in the land of Flash.”

Bedn” The land of Flash? What the hell.”

SC” hmmmmmm I see you are a stranger here come I will show you my kingdom”

(Strawberry walks off screen and Bedn follows, The view changes to a corridor with various pictures on the wall)
( pics include pic of Bedn and wade, and various pictures from the web cam page)

SC “ Tell me strnager what is you name?”

Bedn “ My names Josh….but you can call me Bedn.”

SC “ Hmmm a strange name you have come let us go meet my people.”

(The View changes to the entrance of a grand palace with arches and stained glass windows and tapestries hanging on the walls)

SC “ Behold my kingdom!”
(The view changes and a number of small huts are see with various clocks walking around minding their own business.)

Bedn “errrrrrr……it looks more like a village than a kingdom.”

( the view changes back to the palace front)
SC “ Currently yes but my plans to expand are well under way. As soon as my shrine to B is built we will make new homes and school for the little baby clocks .”

Bedn “ Shrine to B?”

SC” Yes my Shrine to B. Come I will show you it.”

(The scene changes and we see Bedn and Strawberry Clcok entering a large temple like building., The scene changes again and we see a large Capital B surrounded by scaffolding.)

SC “ This is it! Be awed and amazed at my shrine to B!”
Bedn “ But its just a giant capital B?”

SC “ You don’t understand do you? B Is our God. We worship him thrice daily in the hope that he will bless us.”

( a peal of bells is heard)

SC” It is worshipping time. Watch our ceremony if you wish but remain quiet.”

( Clocks of various type sensate shrine and Strawberry Climbs up a ladder to a platform.)

SC “ ALL HAIL B!!!!!”

CLOCKS “ BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE”

SC “ Today we come in worship of out God B!”

SC “ B has blessed us in the past with fine children good crops and amazing flash skills”

SC “ We shall now take time to pray to B.”

One clock “ BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE”

( there is an awkward silence and then the only non clock in the group hits him)

SC “ Thank you J00bie. As a reward we will build a shrine to K for you to worship at.”

J00bie “ Your to kind your majesty.”

SC “ Now to continue with our prayers……….what is that falling out of the sky?”

( a large house is seen falling out the sky and everyone aprt from j00bie moves out of the way.)

J00bie “Oh shit”
( the house falls on top of J00bie with a loud crash. )

SC “Alas poor J00bie we hardly new you”

(view changes to Kyle and Stand from south park.)

Kyle “ OH MY GOD! HE KILLED J00BIE!”

Stan “ YOU bastards”

( a cackling laugh is heard)

Voice “ MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Strawberry clock! Let this be a lesson toy ou. Next time you don’t pay tribute to me I will drop a house on you.”

SC “ God damn you Tanner. Why must you take away the people I love! First you killed Nepthys, then Pox power and now you kill J00bie….If it wasn’t for my cowardice I would have my revenge!”

( view changes to Bedn)

Bedn “ ummmmmmm….can I go now?”

Sc “ The only way home is to speak to the wizard of flash. If your going to see him I will come too. He will tell you how to get home and will give me the courage to defeat Tanner, the wicked witch of the west”

Bedn “ ummmmmmmmm……….ok? Well how do we get to this wizard of flash?”

SC “ We follow the IP Address road?”

Bedn “ Follow the IP addres road?”

Clocks “ Follow the IP Address road?”

(Strawberry starts to sing)
SC “ were off to see the wizard
the wonderful wizard of flash.
We hear he is a wonderful wiz
Who makes flashes with class.

(The rest of the clocks join in as SC and Bedn are seen walking down the Ip address road.)

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 11:39:44

It is a good script. Although i only laughed once, when Bedn said "Can i go now?" .. i imagined it all awkward and what not. lol.
The part where they are saying BEEEEEEEEEE... have you seen the Holy Grail? We should do a little parody there... cuz those guys who say "Knee"... lol just reminded me of that movie.
Everything was really good and if i didnt laugh i smiled.. however, i didnt like the south park part. South Park is over used... i dunno, i dun find it funny anymore.
If you want to do a cross between Oz and the Holy Grail... you can do a scene where they are walking down IP Adress Road... and then they are stopped by the black night (who can be somebody, but you wont know until after he takes off his helmet which is after he gets chopped into peices and malled by various clocks.) That'd be hilarious...
But then again, that is getting away from the Oz maybe too much. However doing a cross parody might be interesting, keep ppl intrigued and confused. Plus, would add better chances for comedy.
I am going to think of some jokes... until i have a few... ttyl.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 11:43:00

At 11/21/04 11:39 AM, Myst_Williams wrote: It is a good script. Although i only laughed once, when Bedn said "Can i go now?" .. i imagined it all awkward and what not. lol.
The part where they are saying BEEEEEEEEEE... have you seen the Holy Grail?

Yeha I have but I dont remember that joke.

We should do a little parody there... cuz those guys who say "Knee"... lol just reminded me of that movie.

Everything was really good and if i didnt laugh i smiled.. however, i didnt like the south park part. South Park is over used... i dunno, i dun find it funny anymore.

So you thinK I get rid of it or keep it in then?

If you want to do a cross between Oz and the Holy Grail... you can do a scene where they are walking down IP Adress Road... and then they are stopped by the black night (who can be somebody, but you wont know until after he takes off his helmet which is after he gets chopped into peices and malled by various clocks.) That'd be hilarious...

Lol that would be hilarious.........hmmmmm the blakc knight would have to be N00b that everyone hates though. Someone like silenced intruder or FulFan5 maybe?

I am going to think of some jokes... until i have a few... ttyl.

Thanks. If you come up with any let me know :P

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 11:52:07

Hi, can I join? I am an avid young writer who writes scripts and stories. In Engliish I get great grades so do I qualify?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 11:52:48

I think scratch the South Park... and ya, one of those guys whould do nicely.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 11:56:40

At 11/21/04 11:52 AM, -Shadowed_Ninja- wrote: Hi, can I join? I am an avid young writer who writes scripts and stories. In Engliish I get great grades so do I qualify?

sure if your intereste din writing of any sort then you are most welcome. IF you want to post something of yours then please do so and it will be reviwed. However might I ask that you check through the last couple of pages and read through part of a script that I am writing for a flash that is a parody of the wizard of Oz? If you can do that it would be most appreaicated and any criticisms or ideas will be accepted with great relish :P

At 11/21/04 11:52 AM, Myst_Williams wrote: I think scratch the South Park... and ya, one of those guys whould do nicely.

Ok that it has been deleted......i need more jokes though I think.........hmmm Ill have a think and try and come up with some

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 11:59:33

At 11/21/04 11:43 AM, Frozen_fox wrote:
Yeha I have but I dont remember that joke.

scrtach what I said. Ive just realised what your on about. Its the knights that ask King arthur and the knights to get a Shrubbery for them isnt it? And then when they do they change their name to soemthing extremly long and complicated and ask for another shrubbery wth little steps so that it is tiered.....I think thats what your reffering to anyway.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 11:59:33

lol great relish? I like condiments (spel?)

Anyway... ya okay... i got some homework to do, but after i will see if i can come up with any jokes.
Till then, later mate.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 12:01:36

At 11/21/04 11:59 AM, Frozen_fox wrote: scrtach what I said. Ive just realised what your on about. Its the knights that ask King arthur and the knights to get a Shrubbery for them isnt it? And then when they do they change their name to soemthing extremly long and complicated and ask for another shrubbery wth little steps so that it is tiered.....I think thats what your reffering to anyway.

lol ya, strawberry clock would fit i nthere nicely. lol.

I love that movie, so funny. But ya thats the part. Othink it would fit in nicely. Even for those who havnt see the Holr Grail.. ppl would still laugh if we put a little spin on it with strawberry clock.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 12:03:41

At 11/21/04 12:01 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
lol ya, strawberry clock would fit i nthere nicely. lol.

I love that movie, so funny. But ya thats the part. Othink it would fit in nicely. Even for those who havnt see the Holr Grail.. ppl would still laugh if we put a little spin on it with strawberry clock.

Yeha it would get a few laughs....hmmmmmm I cant think of how to get it into the script though.......meh Ill have a think and come up with something Im sure.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 12:47:16

*Groan*
Cant post in WOR for 22 mins sorry guys :S

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 13:02:53

At 11/21/04 12:47 PM, LordSkeletor wrote: *Groan*
Cant post in WOR for 22 mins sorry guys :S

lol... thats happens to me sometimes. Dont worry about it... i usually spread my posts out as best i can, like 1 every 5-10 mins... that way you usually never get caught.
SO i will just post in other threads to even it out instead of posting 4 all close toegthor.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 13:16:28

Well here it is my long awaited first poem! Enjoy :D

Rain

I am a tree bound to the ground,
Feeling motion only when the wind blows
through my sunburnt leaves,
With branches that reach out to the dry sky
that spares not a single tear to ease the agony.

I have dreamed of such rain that drenched the earth
so that it formed large puddles
Making small streams, rivers, and lakes
on the ground all around me
and of dipping my leaves into them.

Dreams, in which droughts overflow
when I call to them
and the sunlight is a rainstorm
that sets when I sleep and rises when I wake.

In that dream, the animals who left me
in a desperate search for water,
Came back, to once again swing upon my branches.

A dream in which this ache
from the swaying of my dying self
may surrender and make peace with water
which seems to have been drained from below and above.

When I wake from these dreams
I remember how I resented you
but my dreams reminded me of how much I love you!
Oh, Rain, I no longer hate you.

Hope you liked it

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 13:25:36

At 11/21/04 01:16 PM, LordSkeletor wrote:
Hope you liked it

wow.......that was really good........Im not the bets person when it comes to poetry but I enjoyed reading that.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 13:35:07

That really was good!
It was a little awkward at times, which happens with everyone at one point or another. However, it was a light but interesting read.
I liked the ending the best, it really wrapped up the whole poem well. The intro was very intriguing, i really enjoyed it.

It really is just the middle that got a bit awkward. Overall, good work. Its not too often you see really good poems without a rhyme sceme... though, i would lke to see how you would do if you were to do a poem with a strict rhyme scheme.

I really liked it, my only critique is that the body lost its flow. Though the beginning and end were immaculate. Only a couple spots were an awkward read... for me anyways.

Amazing work man!

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 13:37:00

At 11/21/04 01:35 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: Amazing work man!

Thanks Myst and fox now back to RPing :D

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 13:45:27

Im going to be on for a long time so i'll write another one that is strictley rhyming :D

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 13:46:10

At 11/21/04 01:45 PM, LordSkeletor wrote: Im going to be on for a long time so i'll write another one that is strictley rhyming :D

I cant wait to read it... : )

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 13:52:32

Im bored so I just wrote this up in like 3 minutes.

The Good Ol' days

The good Ol’ days are long gone.
kids today have to much fun.
They get drunk and high and party all night
They don’t care they give their parents a fright
When they don’t phone home when they are out all night.
Kids these days have no respect!
If they bring back the cane they wont know what to expect.
The Good Ol’ days are all long gone
Kids these days don’t work
All they do is have fun.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-21 13:59:45

At 11/21/04 01:52 PM, Frozen_fox wrote: The good Ol’ days are long gone.
kids today have to much fun.
They get drunk and high and party all night
They don’t care they give their parents a fright
When they don’t phone home when they are out all night.
Kids these days have no respect!
If they bring back the cane they wont know what to expect.
The Good Ol’ days are all long gone
Kids these days don’t work
All they do is have fun.

Nice work there,nearly fineshed my other one it will be done in about 20 mins hopefully :D