00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writer's Guild

206,246 Views | 4,991 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 13:56:14

At 10/28/04 01:52 PM, xsmorrisx wrote: The first one i wrote in less than an hour off the top of my head, so its not gonna be perfect, and the second was just a quick 5 minute brainstorm. I spose i could have used different adjectives as u suggested above, but that one sentence had a lot more in it, than just kind of talking about touching the walls, which is why i didnt put so much effect into that little bit.

I was only using that sentence as an example. That seriously took you an hour off the top of your head? Something like that would take me at least twice that amount of time.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 16:00:28

Hey guys im a writer and i love reading books especially good ones and i would like to join as a writer ive gotten many stories but no animation

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 16:03:30

At 10/28/04 04:00 PM, LordAzareal wrote: Hey guys im a writer and i love reading books especially good ones and i would like to join as a writer ive gotten many stories but no animation

Welcome. If you feel like it you can either post some of your work and have it reviewed by or you can review any of the work that has been posted already. If you do review something though make sure its constructive.

Welcome to club compadre :D

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 16:05:13

At 10/28/04 01:30 PM, xsmorrisx wrote: 2) The Day that Never Happened:
What do you think of it?

I liked it good name "The day that never happend" il ike the story could use a bit more brainstorming though maybe

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 16:07:41

At 10/28/04 04:03 PM, Frozen_Fox wrote:
At 10/28/04 04:00 PM, LordAzareal wrote: Hey guys im a writer and i love reading books especially good ones and i would like to join as a writer ive gotten many stories but no animation
Welcome. If you feel like it you can either post some of your work and have it reviewed by or you can review any of the work that has been posted already. If you do review something though make sure its constructive.

Welcome to club compadre :D

Thanx for the welcome il be posting my ideas soon enough the mind is blank at the moment so nothing from me at moment

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 16:10:35

At 10/28/04 04:07 PM, LordAzareal wrote:
Thanx for the welcome il be posting my ideas soon enough the mind is blank at the moment so nothing from me at moment

Dont worry about it. When you do get something jotted down type it up so we can have a read of it and tell you what we think.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 16:23:19

Thanx ill have ideas soon enouugh but now im off to lie down cos i have a splitting headache and pain and lying down may give me ideas

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 16:40:29

haven't had much time to come here... So is there any kind of project lined up? I don't bother reading other pages... ^_^

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 16:44:24

At 10/28/04 04:40 PM, Snerd wrote: haven't had much time to come here... So is there any kind of project lined up? I don't bother reading other pages... ^_^

lol. good to see you. I was begining to think youd abandoned us :P

We havent got a project lined up at all were just posting stuff and reviewing at the moment. I havent really thought about trying to get projects started up.

I was toying with the idea of having a competition but thats about it.

Btw. Is Myst_williams still around? havent seen him post in the last few days which is why Ive kind of adopted the club.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 16:53:04

At 10/28/04 04:44 PM, Frozen_Fox wrote: (informing me)

Well I'd never leave you guys... this place kinda reminds me of Writers Crew so I have respect for what you guys're doin'. Well if you guys would like to do a Flash film I'd be all up for writing. The hardest thing is finding an animator. That's a real bitch. But if you can find one it's all gravy in the land of mashed potatoes.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 16:59:33

At 10/28/04 04:53 PM, Snerd wrote: But if you can find one it's all gravy in the land of mashed potatoes.

lol. Greatest metaphor ever.

Ill see if I can grab an animator if thats what you want done. Your the man in charge at the moment really. I was only filling in whilst neither you or Myst_williams was around.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 17:11:18

Hey I got a great idea, I dunno if anyone's already posted an idea like this here because I didn't read every single post but I think we should make a team, with a flash animator, someone to come up with the story, someone to storyboard it, someone to do casting etc. and make a flash movie. how's that sound? I have an idea for an animation, it's kinda long and I dont really know where it's going yet, but with enough people I think we could finish it. I already have 7 comics about it, here's the poster for it but it's really hard to see, the text says "from colorless comics, the makers of bob's pizza and much more, comes the story of a man torn between two societies bent on destroying one another. give me ur thoughts on it.

Writer's Guild

I dropped out in the third grade, and spent all my time at the arcade.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 17:14:23

At 10/28/04 05:11 PM, G-MAN490 wrote:

this has been suggested but no one has come forward with anything to a cctually use as an idea. If you could tell me what exactly your idea is in detail its possible we could be able to find a talented animator and everypne hear in the guild would be willing to help out with the script casting etc.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 17:36:24

At 10/28/04 04:59 PM, Frozen_Fox wrote:
Ill see if I can grab an animator if thats what you want done. Your the man in charge at the moment really. I was only filling in whilst neither you or Myst_williams was around.

I put myself down as an animator, but if you want me to do anything it will have to be good. Really good. And have lots of violence.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 17:39:26

At 10/28/04 05:36 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote:
At 10/28/04 04:59 PM, Frozen_Fox wrote:
I put myself down as an animator, but if you want me to do anything it will have to be good. Really good. And have lots of violence.

how much is lots of violence? several decapitations and a hanging? Or a mass slaughter of 100's of innocents? or maybe both?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 18:18:30

At 10/28/04 05:39 PM, Frozen_Fox wrote:
how much is lots of violence? several decapitations and a hanging? Or a mass slaughter of 100's of innocents? or maybe both?

More than 50% of the flash dedicated to battles and duels. Dont mind how bloody it gets, as long as we have a bit of gore.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 18:26:10

At 10/28/04 06:18 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote:
At 10/28/04 05:39 PM, Frozen_Fox wrote:
More than 50% of the flash dedicated to battles and duels. Dont mind how bloody it gets, as long as we have a bit of gore.

Ah right. I understand. well if we end up with a script thats violent we will ask you to do it then :P

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 18:49:33

At 10/28/04 04:44 PM, Frozen_Fox wrote: Btw. Is Myst_williams still around? havent seen him post in the last few days which is why Ive kind of adopted the club.

Wow, thanks Fox. Sorry i have been away... i have been dealing with some personal things the last couple of days.

Third page. I am impressed. You and Snerd really kept it togethor.
Anything new you can inform me in on?

Wow, the support and dedicatio nthis club is getting has really made my day. lol.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 18:51:04

P.S. I advertised i nthe flash section and general section two days ago. Like for a couple hours straight. I guess it helped some? :)

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 18:56:23

At 10/28/04 06:52 PM, GhostMint wrote: If anybody is interested, please notify me, and I would be happy to supply you with said story.

It may be of interest to you to post it here. So far many ideas have been posted o nthis thread and many have read them and taken some interest. We alos have a few members who are animators.. who may in fact contact you to do a collaboration. Plus, we are all interested i nreading your story.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 18:58:46

At 10/28/04 06:56 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:

howdy Myst. Hows things going for you?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 19:02:43

At 10/28/04 06:58 PM, Frozen_Fox wrote:
At 10/28/04 06:56 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
howdy Myst. Hows things going for you?

Buy mano... with Uni next year, work, friends, family, girlfriend, writing.... i am busy as hell. Plus, you know the ol'fight with the father bit.
I have fallen behind on my novel a bit. I was s'pose to have Chapter 12 done by last wednesday lol. But i will get it done and catch up.

How is everything going here. I see i can really count on you. This place as come along since last i was here. 3 pages and we havnt even been up for a week. wow. You really know how to keep the place busy. :) Thanks for helping out so much.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 19:06:30

At 10/28/04 07:02 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
How is everything going here. I see i can really count on you. This place as come along since last i was here. 3 pages and we havnt even been up for a week. wow. You really know how to keep the place busy. :) Thanks for helping out so much.

Everything is going fine and dont mention it Im quite happy to help out :P.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 19:23:12

At 10/28/04 07:14 PM, GhostMint wrote: I see that story set to the song "Roads" by Portishead. If anybody should use it, I will send you that very song, which was excellent by the way.

I think ive got that song somewhere on my hardrive.......lemme check cause if its the one I think it is its a major league kick ass song.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 19:23:29

To GhostMint:

I have yet to finish the whole thing. But i had a few things i wanted to say before i continue with the story. Your play on words and description is impeccable. Really the atmosphere and aura you have created is a work of art.
There are quite a few grammatical errors and some confusion with sentence structure. However, the bare bones is amazing. I can feel a sense of irony or dark comedy coming. It is a story that portrays alot of the emotions of the charcters. In such a short time, i really feel for the protagonist.
You do have a way with words that not everyone can connect with. Alot of average reader's like a 'light read'... which this is obviously not. However, it intrigues me and really has something about it that captures my mind.
Room for improvement is there, but i would just like to give you this positive feedback before i forget as i read the rest.

Let me coninue my read. lol.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 19:30:32

This is an insert from my current novel (which one day may be published...) It is actually the beginning of chapter 2, however, it was the first part i had wrote. It was just shifted around with time.
I'd like to hear comments etc if your interested. There really is no storyline to it, because it is only half of chapter 2. You would have to read the entire story to understand it all.
However i wil lsay that the story is a thriller and is based around immortals and werewolves etc. So Frozen Fox... you would probbaly like the final story when it is done. Just because of the genre.

Here is the insert:
Walking down those empty and endless streets I had lost all my sense of direction. It was pouring hard a cold crisp rain, every step I took sounded as if I had stepped into a whole new puddle. The buildings were tall and compact like any city. The commercial windows were hazed and the distance was foggy, although, the layer of fog on the downtown streets hung high. The wide street was a little hilly, but it was barely noticeable and very smooth in transition. At the bottom of the subtle hills on the main street I dropped a little under the fog layer and could see the lake waters just after the street end. The waters glistened for the moon shone brightly and reflected a crystal resemblance within some of the fog. My vision seemed misty and all I saw was faded to a dark shade of blue. Only the flickering streetlights, beaming yellow, did not hold this odd sensation of navy color. I pulled my hood over my head shielding the almost painful fast falling rain.
Wandering down the middle of the street, all I could hear was the loud thumping of my heart. My heart, which was pressed up in my throat, felt like a swollen beating that was too close to my ear. It had an emotion of unrest, for my heart, a sixth sense, gave me a feeling of piercing eyes in my direction. I calmly looked over my right shoulder, but nothing was there except the sky which was clouded with darkness.
The buildings of brick seemed twisted as the rain appeared to only fall around me. In likeness to an adult looking over a child the buildings stretched up and over me with an eerie bend. Everything seemed warped to shape my movement, no matter how far I walked I felt as If I had not moved. The almost never empty downtown was motionless and still I felt as if I was not alone.
Walking further, aimlessly, my fear grew stronger as my heart beat faster. Scared, I quickly spun to my left; yet again, nothing. As I looked around, everything I could see molded together with the travel of my eyes. My head was spinning; my senses were on full alert. All my fears flushed me with anxiety. Past visions I could not remember flashed with a scream before my weary eyes. I felt helpless, my life with no meaning or cause. One dry tear fell and shaped my left cheek. All my pains, all my tears, and all my doubts had struck me in the face making me not want to continue on that never ending path.
I fell onto my knees, my hands pressed against the cold and smoothly paved road. I cried. As my eyes followed the one solid yellow line underneath me into the distance I saw a comforting silhouette far away. It was someone I knew and could not reach, but dreadfully wanted to. It was someone I loved, someone to comfort me. This was a journey of a long hilly road I could not travel on my own. The future was too hard to make out if I continued solely.
The streetlights blew off with a quiet yet high toned hum, all went dark. The neon moon lay solemn in the precious tides of a starry night. My heart throbbed faster then before, it was now, again, the only thing my ears could make out. The blue sensations of color began to seep to a bloody red. Cars began to speed by me; the sidewalks were busy with young and old. I sensed havoc; my fear grew more then before. I heard screams. People were yelling in pain, children running out onto the streets. The shrieks and breaking glass muffled the sound of my fast beating heart.
Adrenaline of impatience sparked an emotion of regret. My tears dried and I lifted myself to my feet. The rain that flowed into the sewer beneath me was a dark crimson red. Death thickened the air. Lives were taken all around me. I could not make out who were the victims and who were the killers. The screams never seemed to stop for rest. The speeding cars drove by without an ounce of remorse only caring for their own very lives.
I took one step forward, but something stopped me. A large hand tensely held my right shoulder and would not release me. Without looking back I broke myself free, running for my life. I never once looked behind me. I could not stop running. My heart was again throbbing in my throat. My eyes swelled and my hearing faded. I woke up.

It is unedited, so please excuse my bad grammar and/or spelling.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 19:43:54

At 10/28/04 07:34 PM, GhostMint wrote: My goodness, that is the most flattering review I have received. perhaps I shall devote more time to script in future ventures.

You should.. you have a fine talent. I say good luck to you in your ventures. :D

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 20:53:09

At the end of page 3 i put an insert from my current novel. I would love to hear all your guys inputs.

See ya all tommorrow.
Night.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 21:11:20

wow after reading all the posts that u put after mine I feel there are a lot of other ideas swarming around here, if anyone's interested in reading the comics I have let me know, I can show u guys the rest of them tomorrow, they're sortof big files and I have to convert all of them as well, so if anyone wants me to email them to u than I could do that today.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-10-28 21:12:51

oh btw (forgot to put in my other post) I have completed two or three pages of a live action version for my comics, if anyone is interested.

BBS Signature