00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DecoQliao just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

1,002,354 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-26 20:28:11

At 2/26/09 06:38 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: Now look at GW: bucket breaking. But before that was discovered he was still a wtf broken char with no ATs. And besides the IDC what else does MK have (as far as ATs)

ATs? What's that? The only thing that I can think that fits is Assist Trophy, and I somehow don't think that's what you're referring to here...

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-26 20:29:54

At 2/26/09 07:51 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
At 2/26/09 07:05 PM, DocSprite wrote: He isn't. His saving grace is the side B, not arrow tricks.
<sarcasm>Yeah, cuz all the pro Pits don't arrow loop or wingdash, they forward smash and angel ring their ass off.</sarcasm>

I'm not saying that the best strategy is to smashspam and spam the arrow ring, I'm just saying arrow ring is a great move that can be used to inflict some serious damage.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-26 20:41:02

At 2/26/09 08:28 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote: ATs? What's that? The only thing that I can think that fits is Assist Trophy, and I somehow don't think that's what you're referring to here...

AT stands for Advanced Technique. It refers to a special move that only a specific character or characters can use. For instance, an AT for Lucas would be the Zap Jump, since he's the only character who can shoot upwards using his PK Fire. Another would be the aforementioned Arrow Looping/Arrow Rain, which is an AT for Pit involving him circling multiple arrows above the stage so they can be used at any moment.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-27 00:03:20

That hacking shit was scary as hell. But I swear to fucking god the password was qwerty or whatever. It's weird how they say there has to be a number, maybe there was an epic typo I made or something. IDK though, I felt awesome after I guess the thing. Generic password attempts ftw.

SSBC account is dead, cuz I don't have the password ;D

Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC - 5413-2791-7953

Da Smash. | Youtube Channel

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-27 03:11:56

At 2/26/09 08:41 PM, mrbobbyjoe wrote: AT stands for Advanced Technique. It refers to a special move that only a specific character or characters can use. For instance, an AT for Lucas would be the Zap Jump, since he's the only character who can shoot upwards using his PK Fire. Another would be the aforementioned Arrow Looping/Arrow Rain, which is an AT for Pit involving him circling multiple arrows above the stage so they can be used at any moment.

Alright, thanks. Does this include ChainGrabbing and BoostSmashing/Dash Attack Cancelling though, since I'd class those as "Advanced Techniques" though several characters can do them, as opposed to just one.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-27 06:36:09

At 2/26/09 07:05 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 2/26/09 04:12 PM, Nikenick wrote:

Imagine Pit without arrow tricks or wingdashing. Without that, he wouldn't be such a great character.
He isn't. His saving grace is the side B, not arrow tricks.

Pit's Angel Ring is one of his worst moves if you're just going to use it to rack up damage.
I find myself not using this move a single time in a match, since you can DI out of it easily and only take like 5% damage. The only 3 situations I found this move helpful is when you're looping an arrow so this move will be like a 'shield' ( Admiral Pit does this alot ) or when you're fighting a really agressive opponent ( *cough metaknight cough* ). If you're fighting an aggressive opponent then you'll definitely slow him down, especially when you use this in the air with the ART ( Angel Ring Technique). The 3rd situation should be when you're fighting captain falcon, ganondorf or other characters with bad recoveries. You just angel ring close to the edge so they can't hit you and can't grab the ledge either. They'll get 20% damage easily since they have no choice to get stuck and DI upwards.

At 2/26/09 07:36 PM, Dark891 wrote:
Imagine Pit without arrow tricks or wingdashing. Without that, he wouldn't be such a great character.
Yeah,if Pit was without his arrows,he was going to be a bad fighter.

I was talking about his 'tricks' like arrow looping, arrow chasing, arrow rain, arrow blitzing or arrow swarming. But yeah, Pit would be a bad fighting without his arrows.

And who are you?

At 2/26/09 08:29 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 2/26/09 07:51 PM, knuxrouge wrote:

<sarcasm>Yeah, cuz all the pro Pits don't arrow loop or wingdash, they forward smash and angel ring their ass off.</sarcasm>
I'm not saying that the best strategy is to smashspam and spam the arrow ring, I'm just saying arrow ring is a great move that can be used to inflict some serious damage.

Like I said, good players will only take like 5% damage if they have perfect DI
I normally stop pressing B once people get hit and try to hit them with a dtilt.

Foolish are those who fear nothing, yet claim to know everything..

Brawl FC: 0903 - 4175 - 3638

Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters because I love Photoshop =3

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-27 09:28:04

At 2/27/09 03:11 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
Alright, thanks. Does this include ChainGrabbing and BoostSmashing/Dash Attack Cancelling though, since I'd class those as "Advanced Techniques" though several characters can do them, as opposed to just one.

I would include them. dacus, cg's, Ats in my book.

At 2/27/09 06:36 AM, Nikenick wrote:
Like I said, good players will only take like 5% damage if they have perfect DI
I normally stop pressing B once people get hit and try to hit them with a dtilt.

I used to be like Doc when I first got Brawl. I played with Alex a lot. He would use Pit and Angel ring spam a lot. I would always get hit by it though, and then stupidly DI into it. lol. If you DI out, it's nothing.

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-27 14:38:13

At 2/27/09 03:11 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Alright, thanks. Does this include ChainGrabbing and BoostSmashing/Dash Attack Cancelling though, since I'd class those as "Advanced Techniques" though several characters can do them, as opposed to just one.

DACUS is considered to be an advanced technique. Not so sure for chaingrabbing, since they don't work 100% of the time (too much knockback for some grabs, for instance), and they only work against certain characters.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-27 15:36:17

At 2/26/09 04:12 PM, Nikenick wrote:

Pit's Angel Ring is one of his worst moves if you're just going to use it to rack up damage.

True, but you can also use it to deflect projectiles, which makes it easeir to fight because you don't have to worry about the shield.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-27 15:57:16

At 2/27/09 03:36 PM, DocSprite wrote:
True, but you can also use it to deflect projectiles, which makes it easeir to fight because you don't have to worry about the shield.

Mirror shield comes out faster and has Super Armor frames so it's better to reflect projectiles with.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-27 16:04:49

There is no way I can call down throw spam an advanced technique. Chaingrabs are combos.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-27 18:55:22

At 2/27/09 04:04 PM, verycoolguy wrote: Chaingrabs are combos.

Chaingrabs are a successive chain of grabs one after another.
The particular lingo normally applies when the victim cannot escape it to a certain extent, if it's entirely inescapable, then it is categorized as an infinite.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-27 18:57:14

At 2/27/09 04:04 PM, verycoolguy wrote: There is no way I can call down throw spam an advanced technique. Chaingrabs are combos.

Nevertheless, going by the definition that an AT s restricted to a few characters, a ChainGrab fits into this category. It may be a really cheap AT, but an AT nonetheless.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-27 20:43:20

Skye told me to post this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l44M8OOb _8

It's old, but ALWAYS a classic.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-27 20:52:22

At 2/27/09 08:43 PM, John12346 wrote: Skye told me to post this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l44M8OOb _8

Dedicated to NikeNick.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-27 21:11:02

At 2/27/09 08:43 PM, John12346 wrote:

That was epicness. I always love watching machinimas.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-27 21:29:26

At 2/27/09 09:11 PM, DocSprite wrote:

You should watch Shipidge's( is that the right spelling?), he's like the king of brawl machinimas.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-27 21:49:08

At 2/27/09 09:29 PM, SgtDK wrote:
At 2/27/09 09:11 PM, DocSprite wrote:
You should watch Shipidge's( is that the right spelling?), he's like the king of brawl machinimas.

I watch him all the time, I love his videoes. He succeeds at making Kirby awesome.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-27 22:11:01

At 2/27/09 06:57 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Nevertheless, going by the definition that an AT s restricted to a few characters, a ChainGrab fits into this category. It may be a really cheap AT, but an AT nonetheless.

I guess since Mario is the only one who can combo with fireballs, that's an advanced technique for Mario. Donkey Kong is the only one who can combo by pushing someone down and making them stuck on the ground, I guess that's an advanced technique for him.

At 2/27/09 06:55 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Chaingrabs are a successive chain of grabs one after another.
The particular lingo normally applies when the victim cannot escape it to a certain extent, if it's entirely inescapable, then it is categorized as an infinite.

On stages like Final Destination, chaingrabs will soon end at the end of the stage. Falco's chaingrab is escapable until around 45% against some characters. It's a 0-45% combo. DThrow>Dthrow>Dthrow>Dthrow>Dthrow. There isn't anything special that is making the grabs possible. It is just run and throw, run and throw, run and throw.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-28 01:52:16

At 2/27/09 10:11 PM, verycoolguy wrote: I guess since Mario is the only one who can combo with fireballs, that's an advanced technique for Mario. Donkey Kong is the only one who can combo by pushing someone down and making them stuck on the ground, I guess that's an advanced technique for him.

Touche. But those techniques don't have a special name! It almost seems to me that to be an "Advanced Technique" as such, someone just has to start calling it something that sounds complicated when it is in fact, not. Snake's DACUS isn't actually that hard to pull of if you know how to do it - I managed it first attempt. After reading about it, let alone videos. The first time I actually saw what it looked like was when I did it myself. The same goes for Falco's BoostSmash.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-28 06:18:04

At 2/27/09 06:36 AM, Nikenick wrote: Pit's Angel Ring is one of his worst moves if you're just going to use it to rack up damage.

How old are you?

Fuuuuuck

do you even play Brawl?

[Wii Together] [Teh Space]

Alb [4210-3652-1542] <<-Brawl Code. PM me

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-28 06:36:19

At 2/27/09 08:52 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
At 2/27/09 08:43 PM, John12346 wrote: Skye told me to post this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l44M8OOb _8
Dedicated to NikeNick.

I've already seen that one, but it's kinda funny.
But Pit's an angel, he's supposed to look feminine!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-28 08:47:22

At 2/28/09 06:36 AM, Nikenick wrote:
At 2/27/09 08:52 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
Dedicated to NikeNick.
I've already seen that one, but it's kinda funny.
But Pit's an angel, he's supposed to look feminine!

Nikenick is a fucking *insert offensive word for black people here*.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-28 19:42:45

At 2/28/09 08:47 AM, Nikedick wrote: Nikenick is a fucking *insert offensive word for black people here*.

Are you an alt? Go away.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-28 21:13:52

IF you could add one character, who would it be?

Name:
Series:

U-Smash
D-Smash
F-Smash

U-Air
D-Air
F-Air
B-Air

Grab type:
U-Grab
D-Grab
F-Grab
B-Grab

Taunts:
Speed:
Extra:

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-28 21:25:35

At 2/28/09 09:13 PM, loogiesquared wrote: IF you could add one character, who would it be?

Name:Black Knight
Series: Fire Emblem
U-Smash Stabs the air
D-Smash Sticks his sword into the ground and knocks up rocks
F-Smash Rears back and lets loose in front of him

U-Air 360 spin with his sword out
D-Air Stabs sword down
F-Air Flurry of blows
B-Air Blindly swings sword

Grab type: Just... a grab
U-Grab Crushes skull and tosses away
D-Grab Brings head down into knee
F-Grab Impales
B-Grab tosses behind and steps on

Taunts: Up: Looks up and strokes his sword Forward: Points sword forward Down: Digs foot into dirt and says, "For Daein!"
Speed: Very fast
Extra: Very high jump and high double, but no third jump.

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-28 21:39:33

At 2/28/09 09:25 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 2/28/09 09:13 PM, loogiesquared wrote: IF you could add one character, who would it be?

nice.
but we gotta nerf that. Mabye make him slow like gannon.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-28 22:19:40

At 2/28/09 06:18 AM, Guitardude wrote:
At 2/27/09 06:36 AM, Nikenick wrote: Pit's Angel Ring is one of his worst moves if you're just going to use it to rack up damage.
How old are you?

Good question. Dock is only 12 years old (I believe?) Go easy on him.

At 2/28/09 09:39 PM, loogiesquared wrote:
At 2/28/09 09:25 PM, DocSprite wrote:
nice.
but we gotta nerf that. Mabye make him slow like gannon.

Loogie forgot Jab, pummel, tilts, falling speed? weight?

If there was a Black Knight, I'd imagine him being slow like Ganon, but with a sword similar to Ike's.

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-28 22:32:35

At 2/28/09 09:25 PM, DocSprite wrote: Name:Black Knight

ANOTHER Sword-wielding Fire Emblem character?! Don't we have enough already? I'd really like to see Ephraim or Hector in there. Lances or Axes would really mix up the styles a little bit more than just swords.

Also, Loogie, you forgot to add Specials, FS and a N-Air to the attack list. And maybe Tilts, but perhaps that's going a little too far into detail?

Anyway, I'll give it a go...

Name:

Hector

Series:

Fire Emblem

U-Smash

90 degree swing from behind, up to the 12 o'clock position

D-Smash

Swings his Axe to the front and back.

F-Smash

A powerful yet slow forward horizontal swing, strong horizontal knockback but very little height and short range above.

U-Air

Stabs his Axe above him

D-Air

Spins his Axe below, similar to DDD's Dair

F-Air

Forward Slash in midair

B-Air

Swings behind and down, sweetspotted spike if hit at right moment

N-Air

Swings Axe around him in wide arcs, 4 hits in total, last hit as semi-decent knockback.

Grab type:

Standard

Pummel:

Hits opponent with the base of his Axe

U-Throw

Throws them onto his Axe and punts them upwards.

D-Throw

Grinds them into the ground with the top of his Axe, they bounce off and upwards after.

F-Throw

Swings at them with his Axe forwards.

B-Throw

Whacks them with the butt of his Axe behind him, low knockback but high chance of trip.

N-Special: Charges up Axe Swing by holding B
Side-Special: A grab-type special, Hector, hooks them onto his Axe, jumps up and slams down to the ground a little bit forward, similar to Bowser's Side B
D-Special: Counter of sorts, but instead of hitting them in front of Hector when activated, they get knocked behind him.
U-Special: Leaps into the air with a swing of his Axe around him.

Speed:

Slow to attack, moderately fast on his feet (think like Ike).

Extra:

A heavy weight, yet moderately floaty.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-02-28 23:03:16

At 2/28/09 10:43 PM, Crink wrote: It's like the VG forums in here <_<

You're like the VG forums in here!