00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

neojuge just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

1,005,929 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-20 22:13:08

At 6/20/09 07:23 PM, Truth wrote:
At 6/20/09 10:24 AM, knuxrouge wrote: Wow, a religion debate....in a smash crew....
Have we stooped so low, that we cannot respect each other's beliefs or lack thereof?
May God have mercy on those souls who posted blasphemous remarks on the last page.

At 6/20/09 06:54 PM, ikool wrote: Interesting, now its time to really see if I can kill teh Troof.
added.

In other news, Brawl fails to surpass WoW in sales

hmm that seems intresting...wait, WOAH WOAH WOAH. who the hell is still buying SNES games? arent they done makin them now?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-21 03:35:11

Ok, It's official, now Brawl+ has Roy AND Doctor Mario.
Well, actually it's not official, since they are still working on the code to let you put in those characters without removing the characters they are clones of. Plus they still need tweaks (especially doc as he was only released yesterday)

Anyways, just another reason to get Brawl+ I guess

Doc
Roy

Member of the SSBC since page 169, New Brawl Friend Code: 1805-9106-2544

Feel any particular emotion towards me? POST OMA.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-21 06:20:52

I'm back guys, and training for Genesis, Truth are you going?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.ph p?t=211141

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-21 12:07:40

My replays for the crew's combo video.
http://www.mediafire.com/?hhjwnnmmtdm

Included read-me:

1. rp_090619_2305: Loogie (DK) vs. Bstuk (MK)
2. rp_090621_1104: Loogie (Link) vs. DMW (Gannon)

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-21 18:18:18

At 6/20/09 10:05 AM, kRaZyAzN wrote: So my mom got no sleep last night arguing with him about shit. And so she's lost mood to drive 3 hours to a videogame tournament.

Oh wells.

...Mother!@#$%^.

I'd would have gladly taking you AzN. To bad I don't live in Texas.

Dark Souls consumed my life.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-21 18:34:26

YEAAAAAAAAAAH BOIIIIIIIIII.

So some people who were on yesterday morning knew that my mom changed her mind yet again at 9 pm. So we left promptly at 10 and got there at 1. I got to play an hour's worth of friendlies.

64 people there, cool bunch. I saw Razer, Hylian, Dojo, badnewsbear... Hylian is a lot younger than I thought he was, and Dojo is really short..

I did better than I thought I would for my first tourney.

First match I played some st00pid GW, two stocked both matches. First kirby then snake.
2nd match (loser's bracket) lost to Olimar with ICs. Then came back in 2 matches with Kirby.
3rd match, beat a mario with ICs and Kirby
Finally... lost to a very good MK. Who, ironically got two stocked by a falcon in his next match.

I didn't get to stay for the finals or for the "duelists" event. It was pretty awesome though.

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-21 18:39:08

It's alright; I'm better now, now that I've imagined your apology, as heartfelt as I imagine it must have been. You're forgiven.

When we last communicated via RSS, I was still in Port Orchard. It's fair to say much has changed. I don't really remember where I left off, and at the moment I don't actually have an internet connection, so I can't check, but suffice to say nothing all that important happened in my last remaining days there. Mostly it was packing, or stalling on packing. I really only finished about half, though I bet my mom would argue even less than that. A lot of it was stuff from my apartment at Western, and that stuff was never unpacked.

Sunday evening came, and I was supposed to visit my aunt and uncle in Bothel for dinner. I left about a half hour before we were supposed to have it, but my sister said she was running late too. We were supposed to meet at her apartment and then drive there in one car. I got a call while en route, but since I was driving, and it was past July 1st (July 6th to be precise), I ignored it. I was I-5 and couldn't really pull over. Apparently I'm one of the few people who takes that law even slightly seriously. I just know that I'm absolutely helpless on the phone. Today I was on the phone, sitting in my chair, and when I finished, I realized I was standing. Helpless and/or standing don't go well together with driving. I didn't much like getting on the phone while driving before the law went into effect, and now I have a valid, righteous excuse.

I got to her apartment and checked the message, which of course was to meet her at my aunt's, and hopped back into the car. I confirmed that it's about a fifteen minute drive from her place to my aunt's. You all can breathe easy now, or, at least easier -- there's still the unresolved case of the glove that didn't fit, unless such information was uhh... speculated about... in If I Did It.

So, I got there pretty late, after they'd already eaten. They gave me tacos while they ate their ice cream, and we talked. They also presented to me my graduation gift: a The NEW Super Mario Bros. lunchbox with an Arby's gift card in it. I don't know what they expected me to do with the gift card, but the lunchbox makes a great mantelpiece. William (or at least I hope that's his alias), my cousin, wanted to play Mario Kart with me, but I was pretty beat, and had my first day of work the next morning at 8:30, so we called it a night around 11:45.

On the way back I stopped to get gas, which freaked out my sister since I was no longer following her. It's probably about time I renamed her. Her name shall be Ashley. I suppose I could call her Travis for just as good of reason, but that might confuse our future audiences. See, had I been born a girl, I'd have been named Ashley. That was before they thought of the name-- very tricksy; ya almost got me, but I'm still one step ahead of you. And if she'd been born a guy after I was born a guy, her name would be Travis. So, as I said, it makes more sense to call her Travis than Ashley, but you understand. And if you don't, I suggest rereading this post from the start. You probably missed something important and entirely relevant in the second or third paragraph, which of course wouldn't make sense without having a complete understanding of the first.

Anyway, I got to Ashley's and Travis's apartment a bit later, where they freaked out at me a bit. I was about to get ready for bed, but decided first to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything. As it turns out, in order to fill out a certain form, I needed my passport, which of course earlier that day I had looked and decided I wasn't heading to Canada any time soon and left in my room. It was my turn to freak out. I called my mom who said she would have driven it to me, at least half way, had she not had a paper to finish that night for her Master's program. So, three hours later I got back to their apartment. On the way there, while I was still pretty stressed and on edge, worried about my first day of work and being awake for it, and not knowing what to expect, and whatever else, I really felt like God wanted me to go the speed limit the rest of the way home. How annoying, right? I don't go much over the speed limit, but I do consistently go five over. After a few minutes of arguing that it was my imagination, I gave in. I'm not sure what the reason was that God wanted me to, but I am convinced that he did. It very well could have been for no other reason than that it calmed me down. I get frustrated when people don't maintain their speed, or drive so that I can't pass them, or whatever else. Going 60 on the freeway allowed me to stay in the right lane the whole way. Sure I was passed, but that's what the left lanes are for, and I only had to pass a couple people, when there wasn't much surrounding traffic. I'm still not great at maintaining my speed in that car. I miss the van, though not as much now as I used to. The van was amazing for maintaining your speed, probably because of its mass, but also the gas pedal was somehow nicer.

Like I said, three hours later I got back to their apartment. They were sleeping on the couch so closely, it seemed like they were one body. I took their bed, which was scarcely large enough for one of me, and fell straight to sleep. (Okay, I think I've taken that far enough. Ashley will be singular again.)

I woke up around 6 the next morning. The night prior I had thought I was going to don my suit for the first day, but thought better of it while back in Port Orchard. I got to the campus, and actually into the building I was supposed to get to, around 7:00. I had expected traffic and to get lost several times, and allotted time accordingly. So I sat for an hour and a half. I played a little bit of my DS. I've been playing Phoenix Wright. It's a pretty fun game, and I highly recommend it to any DS-toting reader. It's certainly not a typical game, and like any software, it does have its quirks. I actually beat it tonight. It's irritating because even if you find a contradiction, you have to present the contradiction the game is expecting. For example in the last case, the witness testifies that someone was stabbed in the chest, when his autopsy specifically says he was stabbed in the back, but the contradiction they were looking for was that the murder weapon had a broken tip before entering the victim. (Gaul's nodding in recollection at this point.)

Around 8:00 they started handing out nametags to the thirty or so of us who had shown up early. I had been the first by about 10 minutes, then a couple more came and so on. Eventually there were 211 of us -- all starting the same day. I'm not sure it was absolutely necessary that I had gone home to get my Passport, but they did ask for it, and what's done is done. I made the right choice in not wearing my suit -- no one was. (I really doubt they'd fit in it anyway; I'm pretty thin.) Everyone was, however, dressed like I would for a church I've never been to: khakis or slacks and a nice shirt, so I fit in just fine. That's how we dressed the first day. The second day, everyone was in jeans.

So, for the first day and a half, we were in a program called NEO (New Employee Orientation). A woman lead the program/class. She seemed to go by her alias as much as her name. Aliases are basically what our email addresses are: <a lias>@micrsoft.com. We can apply to get a nice address like, <firstname>.<lastname>@microsoft.com, but no one does for campus email. She lead the class pretty effectively, giving us lots of information without overloading us, and taking breaks for guest speakers and tens, if not billions, of short movies. The first speaker on the first day was a vice president of something, who gave his speech on innovation.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-21 18:49:15

i hardly ever play Brawl, so the chat is the only reason to stay in the SSBC.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-22 01:31:55

At 6/21/09 06:39 PM, loogiesquared wrote: WALL O HUGE FKING TEXT

In short form?

win pic

IN UR FAIC :D

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-22 07:21:19

Great Job Azn!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-22 12:24:29

At 6/21/09 06:34 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: I won matches

Nice work. Pretty soon fame, money, and girls will come along with those victories. (Girls go crazy over smash skills)

At 6/20/09 08:05 PM, Matt2358 wrote:
At 6/20/09 07:23 PM, Truth wrote: In other news, Brawl fails to surpass WoW in sales
Well duh, thats not really surprising lol.
I'm just amazed at how close it is.

Keep in mind that Wii is blowing away competition. Wii Sports is already the most sold video game in the history of history.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-22 13:30:06

It's been statistically proven that there are more casual gamers than there are "hardcore".
It's ironic really....

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-22 16:14:40

At 6/22/09 03:44 PM, Mexifry wrote: I have troubles connecting online to get matches, but my wii recognizes my internet connection.

How would I fix this?

Keep in mind that Nintendo's Wifi service, particularly that of Brawl's, is pretty unreliable.

I'd recommend reading this article on how to open or forward your ports so that you cut through half the BS the Wii has to.

Helped me a bit.

It also covers two or three more basic things on how to have the cleanest connection possible.

[Wii Together] [Teh Space]

Alb [4210-3652-1542] <<-Brawl Code. PM me

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-22 20:12:22

At 6/22/09 04:56 PM, Crink wrote:
At 6/22/09 01:30 PM, knuxrouge wrote: It's been statistically proven that there are more casual gamers than there are "hardcore".
It's ironic really....
The hardcore gamer's a dying breed...

Cries for all the dead hardcore gamers :'<

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-23 13:04:41

So...about that Smash bros........

I'm picking up Falcon in Melee, adding him to my "mains" Roster (Roy, Ganon).

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-23 16:27:17

In other news...i just beat Trials & Tribulations. Last case made me shed a tear.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-23 18:52:16

Looks like she's masturbating.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-24 00:17:02

At 6/23/09 06:52 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Looks like she's masturbating.

HAWT.

Anyway guys, I'll be back home in two days, so I can get back to the Smashy goodness, and (hopefully) still kick my friends' arses even with my extended break.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-25 15:51:10

Ironic that when the thread should be the most active (summer), it's more dead than it's ever been.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-25 16:15:22

At 6/25/09 03:51 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Ironic that when the thread should be the most active (summer), it's more dead than it's ever been.

Oh the hard irony. Knux, get on wifi now.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-25 16:35:33

Okay, but I'm Johning in advance by saying I'm Brawl rusty.

Been playing a lot of Melee.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-25 18:02:16

New Rule: Anyone who CPs MetaKnight, because they got owned by a character they don't like is a fag.
If they still lose even after CPing MetaKnight, they earn the title of "FailKnight"
FailKnight record:
Grade-Zero

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-25 19:18:56

At 6/25/09 06:02 PM, knuxrouge wrote: New Rule: Anyone who CPs MetaKnight, because they got owned by a character they don't like is a fag.

damn

If they still lose even after CPing MetaKnight, they earn the title of "FailKnight"

SON OF A BITCH

FailKnight record:
Grade-Zero

JAB456 (ill admit it)

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-25 22:24:14

At 6/25/09 06:02 PM, knuxrouge wrote: New Rule: Anyone who CPs MetaKnight, because they got owned by a character they don't like is a fag.

What happens if I CP Meta Knight after losing barely to someone else who CPed Meta Knight when I used someone like Ike, and I win by two or three stocks against the other dudes who used characters who actually have a fair chance, like Falco?

*cough* *cough AzN *cough* wheres your bread?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-26 00:29:38

At 6/25/09 10:24 PM, verycoolguy wrote:

Ready and baked.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-26 06:23:50

At 6/25/09 10:24 PM, verycoolguy wrote:
What happens if I CP Meta Knight after losing barely to someone else who CPed Meta Knight when I used someone like Ike, and I win by two or three stocks against the other dudes who used characters who actually have a fair chance, like Falco?

Well, you didn't lose, you seem to be indifferent to Falco, having no distinct hatred or dislike for him and you weren't "owned", Azn makes the pass though.

FailKnight Record:
Grade-Zero
JAB
Azn

In other news I went to another smashfest, a small one this time, I fought a Yoshi main known as Scala, great guy and plays one of the best Yoshi's I've seen, better than John's, without the pressure of wifail, I've done one of the most epic sets ever, being spiked twice at high percents and still managing to recover safely.
I got props for being a really good Fox with confidence of making it well in Genesis.
We played a bit of Brawl+ too, great stuff.
Now I just need more Melee practice.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-26 07:09:00

My Yoshi sucks anyway. I can give you 999+ damage in about 3 seconds and waste the next 3 to 5 minutes trying to kill you.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-26 08:29:15

At 6/26/09 07:09 AM, John12346 wrote: My Yoshi sucks anyway. I can give you 999+ damage in about 3 seconds and waste the next 3 to 5 minutes trying to kill you.

Sure, okay, it's on record, John's Yoshi sucks.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-26 09:14:35

At 6/26/09 08:29 AM, knuxrouge wrote:
At 6/26/09 07:09 AM, John12346 wrote: My Yoshi sucks anyway. I can give you 999+ damage in about 3 seconds and waste the next 3 to 5 minutes trying to kill you.
Sure, okay, it's on record, John's Yoshi sucks.

The Internet: Fucking up people's sarcasm with lack of tones since 1969.

I'm not really sure how good my Yoshi is, considering I never really took him to an IRL tourney(or the friendlies involved within), so...

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2009-06-26 09:26:29

Well my Fox is great!
And that's what other people said!

John, look on smashboards for smashfests in the new york area, go to regional zones and see, you might find something!

BBS Signature