00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writing Reviews

16,432 Views | 164 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-25 02:17:03

I don't write abusive reviews unless the author/movie is abusive too.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-25 03:49:43

Yeah, when they are abusive so am I. And I got banned! F*CK!

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-25 04:08:02

Someone keeps voting 0 on my movie, probably on of the people I reviewed. Bastard.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-25 04:09:08

heh so tru, so tru, these morons have nuttin to do but put blams on perfectly good peices or peices that have been messed up or summin and it CLEARLY states in the authors review that "the files got mixed" ect. so ppl r too stupid to read and decide oh well they put nuttin up lets blam em, and yea, u get my poiint

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-25 05:24:48

Thanks Wade, there are sure alot of users out there writing crappy reviews about other artists even to our favorite artists.

Also alot of people I knew were banned from newgrounds for writing bad reviews and they were pissed.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-25 06:57:43

Bah. I got banned from reviewing.

I will be more careful in future.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-25 08:36:10

And I am truly sorry for some of the reviews I have posted....especially one in particular! The problem is, I drink.....I know I shouldn't,but I do anyway....

But seriously, how long can we expect the ban to last? I know you probably have a HUGE backlog of flagged reviews, but can I just apologize to the artists I abused and start anew?
I miss being able to review movies..,especially when my review was actually helpfull and the artist responded to my review in a positive way! The less than helpfull reviews I wrote, I feel properly ashamed of and know I was being a total heel.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-25 09:22:32

Yeah, the difference between us and a lot of the other banned people is that we will learn from our mistakes.

We reap what we sow.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-25 12:53:19

At 7/23/04 01:08 PM, DarkArchon wrote:
At 7/23/04 01:07 PM, jKiRk wrote: Good thing you made this because there are entirely too many abusive reviews out there..
this needs done every month or so because people just dont listen, and dont bother to read the rules, at all. There really isnt a way to make people read the rules

I write abusive reviews but they are all in the gravyard so I am safe right. People I mean noobs are lazy they cant take the time to read the rules so they try to be superfly and review zeros in every submission they find that has over a 8.01 confused yeah I am too.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-25 14:59:30

There's a lot of abusive reviews for Pimp My Piece on the front page. Ppl flame at the author cuz it's not front page material and it's a piece of crap. I'm pretty sure there's enough users there to ban until Krinkles releases another Madness movie.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-25 16:47:50

How about abusive replies? I've seen some replies to reviews that weren't that bad, insulting the reviewer and not giving him/her positive feedback! Is there any way to flag those? I haven't seen it.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-25 20:55:13

mr.coffee nut [lol] please dont take this the wrong way,what you said is absoulutely correct but it sounds weird coming from a person whos quote "dark",i dont mean to diss you in any way.

False tooth fell out. Kissing ended.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-25 22:17:15

lol ok man you didnt have to tell me your life story....anyway you give a good point i should've realized that.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-26 01:30:16

I dont believe that's really fair, We have a right to say what we think, some of theses moives i seen, desevered the review i wrote, like the true ronold mcdonola dude was just sucking penis, i said it sucked ass and it was wrong, that is fair to say

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-26 19:08:11

It's pathetic how some would flame others ideas because they won't get off there high horse. Some of these people are just plain idiots, though.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-26 20:09:25

i quickly learned that writing constructive reviews is much more helpful to artists, and i actually like helping authors improve their work where possible. I've actually been getting a few replies from flash authors about my reviews, as they stood out from the majoirty of "U ROCK" or "U SUCK GET BLAMMED"...

So basically, yeah i think i'm following the rules pretty well. Happy to help Wade!

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-27 05:28:56

At 7/26/04 01:30 AM, ReaperVampire wrote: I dont believe that's really fair, We have a right to say what we think, some of theses moives i seen, desevered the review i wrote, like the true ronold mcdonola dude was just sucking penis, i said it sucked ass and it was wrong, that is fair to say

Imagine, someone made a movie he worked hard on:
"OMG U R Z0 TEH SUX0R! I H8 U, U R GAY!"
Now, thats not very nice to hear.
And whats the point of saying that someone sucks. You wont feel better because of shouting at someone through the internet unless you're a shouting fetishist, which I doubt.
Next to that reviews are ment to help artists. And if you saw such a bad movie, maybe if you would've said on which he could improve, he wouldn't make such a bad movie the next time he submits.
Luckily there is a very big button below reviews that can stop you abusive reviewers. As a matter of fact, I'll be checking your reviews now to see whether you haven't been a decent reviewer.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-27 20:09:32

I just wondering How to stop all these insults. I try to critique(sp) a review as best as possbile. I seen some of the rude ones and I do my best to click the abusive button but I go back often and it looks like nothing has happned to that review. I'm just wondering how many votes of abusive does a comment need to be taken off.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-28 01:07:42

At 7/27/04 10:25 PM, CoffeeNut78 wrote:
At 7/27/04 08:09 PM, MysticalKat wrote: I just wondering How to stop all these insults. I try to critique(sp) a review as best as possbile. I seen some of the rude ones and I do my best to click the abusive button but I go back often and it looks like nothing has happned to that review. I'm just wondering how many votes of abusive does a comment need to be taken off.
I don't know but I think it is over 10 or so but thats just a guess all the rules say is "if enough viewers click abuseive" it dosen't specify how many is enough

it takes at least 15 abusive reviews then the review mods look at the review at deterimed if it broke any rules if so its delete and people get a postive whistle piont.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-28 02:00:31

This is what i have to say about written reviews, if you cant handle what they say, dont fucking submit anymore, Words are words, nothing more then letters combined to make words

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-28 06:56:26

Good at least your dealing with these losers.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-28 09:09:06

I just wrote three helpful reviews for some new entries there.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-28 09:14:14

I agree. With Coffee.. do it tactfully. When I first started I was a bit rude but then I wised up and started to become a real critic and people response better to postive word insteads of " U F**ken Suck" or " You are Blammed" and all that nice stuff. Wise up....

Damn I feel Old. Actually I'm getting there... Coffee I'm a bit older than you *sighs* I miss my youth.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-28 14:02:42

hm so what are you saying PSTWAH? your saying that im to feeble minded to know the diffrence between blamed and not blamed flashes?

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-28 15:15:05

I dont know why you asses are pmsing, who cares, does it matter what people say on here? shit, you fags are writting mean shit and posting but your not getting in trouble, thats not really fair

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-28 16:36:24

what im posting about is that its bullshit, we have a right to say how shitty or how bad a flash is.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-29 01:08:17

At 7/28/04 03:15 PM, ReaperVampire wrote: I dont know why you asses are pmsing, who cares, does it matter what people say on here? shit, you fags are writting mean shit and posting but your not getting in trouble, thats not really fair

....well it seems your pmsing everyone so i advise you to keep your opinions to yourself.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-29 01:09:23

p.s. i got an upgrade! woo hoo!

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-29 12:20:36

Hm. That explains alot. I've never reall made a TRULY hateful review but now I'm sure I won't. Though I have a few reviews in mind I might wanna mark. Or I might not. I was kidding. Now that I know the rules DO NOT CHALLENGE ME!

"Vex not the geek for the geek is mighty, and shall prevail." - Bible

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-29 15:27:10

TESTING TESTING..... HI MOM....