Be a Supporter!

Writing Reviews

  • 11,698 Views
  • 167 Replies
Respond to this Topic
Cinderblock
Cinderblock
  • Member since: May. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 21:22:08 Reply

Whan the Blammers are gonna change?

Movies with high ranking always a Blammer have to submit an Abusive Review.

Please people with Abusive Reviews:
Grow Up.

The flash portal are only tons and tons of flashes.If you don't like a movie or game just write on the review:I don't like it.

You don't have to write all of that offensive words that the Blammers write on the reviws.

Writing Reviews

Hice
Hice
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 21:29:03 Reply

At 7/23/04 09:22 PM, CiNdErBlOcK wrote: Whan the Blammers are gonna change?

Movies with high ranking always a Blammer have to submit an Abusive Review.

Please people with Abusive Reviews:
Grow Up.

The flash portal are only tons and tons of flashes.If you don't like a movie or game just write on the review:I don't like it.

You don't have to write all of that offensive words that the Blammers write on the reviws.

That is probally one of the most grammaticaly incorrect rambles ever....

But anyway, I'm glad Wade is reminding people about the fact there are rules on reviewing.

SeizureDog
SeizureDog
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 21:30:56 Reply

At 7/23/04 07:51 PM, DarkSwordPixel wrote:
here's an idea! before you sign up, you should be forced to read the FAQ, then you must take an automated test to evaluate your understanding of the FAQ.

how many sign up things do you know have the "I have read the rules and agree" check box? A shit load thats how many. How how many people actually read the rules before checking the box? Very few.

Nemo
Nemo
  • Member since: Jun. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Game Developer
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 21:49:43 Reply

do those rules apply to the loosers who submit 18k swf files of sticks humping each other? (or other crap like that...)


BBS Signature
DarkSwordPixel
DarkSwordPixel
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 21:56:20 Reply

At 7/23/04 09:30 PM, Seizure_Dog wrote:

how many sign up things do you know have the "I have read the rules and agree" check box? A shit load thats how many. How how many people actually read the rules before checking the box? Very few.

It would ask spesific questions pretaining to spesific articles in the FAQ. "I have read the stuff" boxes are bullshit.

Anyway, when did I say anything about those checkboxes?

Wandering-Warrior
Wandering-Warrior
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 21:58:38 Reply

i believe that banning or taking the users acount wont solve anything,its like saying that taking away guns and knives will stop violence


False tooth fell out. Kissing ended.

McPaper
McPaper
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Programmer
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 22:13:11 Reply

today ive marked almost 10 reviews abusive, too many GO FECKIONG KILL URSELF! GO FUK UR MUMA etc.


BBS Signature
JujubeLock
JujubeLock
  • Member since: Sep. 10, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 22:34:25 Reply

Wade I love you, in a plutonic way of course. ;)

KyleRoberts
KyleRoberts
  • Member since: Feb. 19, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Programmer
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 23:04:17 Reply

Hey if these guys can't figure out what is considered abusive and what is not....fuck 'em. Ban them or delete them. And if you're one of these people, tough shit. Start a new account now, b/c your shit's eventually going to be terminated.

The rules are right around the corner here...the giant Tome of Newgrounds Knowledge. Read them.

Don't worry about what others do, just take care of your own reviews. If you really think you have to tiptoe on eggshells to avoid being banned, you're wrong. You can make angry comments at users all you want, but be sensible and avoid lots of profanity. It doesn't matter that other users may flag your review as abusive, b/c the admins have enough sense to know for sure.

Poor Wade, I'm sure he feels like a big babysitter sometimes.... :(

JerkClock
JerkClock
  • Member since: May. 6, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 23:38:36 Reply

What if it's just a 1 frame animation and we review going "what the fuck" and point out that it's just a 1 frame animation getting passed for some fucked up reason?

KyleRoberts
KyleRoberts
  • Member since: Feb. 19, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Programmer
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 23:43:12 Reply

At 7/23/04 11:38 PM, JerkClock wrote: What if it's just a 1 frame animation and we review going "what the fuck" and point out that it's just a 1 frame animation getting passed for some fucked up reason?

Why bother reviewing such a thing at all? I don't review stuff that I think is going to get blammed. It's a waste of time to post a review to a Flash that's not going to last.

I don't think "what the fuck?" is a very abusive review. I also don't think it's a very USEFUL review either.

JerkClock
JerkClock
  • Member since: May. 6, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 23:47:42 Reply

At 7/23/04 11:43 PM, MasterGehn wrote:
What if it's just a 1 frame animation and we review going "what the fuck" and point out that it's just a 1 frame animation getting passed for some fucked up reason?

Because i voted 0 on them and didn't want to be reset for it when they pass with high marks despite being only 1 frame or a stupid webcomic on a flash "movie" site. Therefore I write a reveiw to explain myself.

KyleRoberts
KyleRoberts
  • Member since: Feb. 19, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Programmer
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 23:56:45 Reply

At 7/23/04 11:47 PM, JerkClock wrote: Because i voted 0 on them and didn't want to be reset for it when they pass with high marks despite being only 1 frame or a stupid webcomic on a flash "movie" site. Therefore I write a reveiw to explain myself.

Hey, if you're explaining why you voted the way you did and are offering constructive criticism, that's great. Nobody can fault you for that. I didn't get what you meant by "didn't want to be reset for it" Reset?

Evark
Evark
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 55
Musician
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 00:01:42 Reply

At 7/23/04 09:58 PM, archdog wrote: i believe that banning or taking the users acount wont solve anything,its like saying that taking away guns and knives will stop violence

Yep... You're right. People will definitely find a way to write abusive reviews even while their account is gone...

There's no way it can help at all...

I suppose that means that you don't need knives or guns to stab and shoot people...

On a serious note, if taking away their power to do anything (let alone abuse) doesn't work, then what the hell would?

I think this system is good as is, Wade has sufficiently covered his ass by making a front page post about it every now and then, and everyone else is happy because they get whistle points.


BBS Signature
JerkClock
JerkClock
  • Member since: May. 6, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 00:05:49 Reply

At 7/23/04 11:56 PM, MasterGehn wrote:
Hey, if you're explaining why you voted the way you did and are offering constructive criticism, that's great. Nobody can fault you for that. I didn't get what you meant by "didn't want to be reset for it" Reset?

Well it's more like I was going "What the hell? Why is this getting passed when it's only 1 frame?"

j00bie
j00bie
  • Member since: Apr. 17, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 01:08:03 Reply

At 7/23/04 01:07 PM, jKiRk wrote: Good thing you made this because there are entirely too many abusive reviews out there..

We need more Gold Whistlers, we need to give Joe a bit more of a threat. Ramagi can't do it all herself, she's the only Gold most of the BBS knows of.

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 02:05:33 Reply

Thanks Wade I'll keep this in mind, and thanks whoever for banning me from writing reviews, I am sorry for all the hatefull and abusive ones I have writen thus far.


[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ] XBL / PSN - Voidist Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
Hemotep
Hemotep
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 02:24:35 Reply

I may have made a mistake like that in the rules in my past reviews, at least I'll try to correct it.

Back-Door-Baron
Back-Door-Baron
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 03:00:55 Reply

At 7/23/04 01:50 PM, Captain_Bob wrote: If you have a review that contains BLAM THIS for a movie that is passed judgement, you will be banned.

I had a question about this (it might have been answered in the succeeding pages, but I am too lazy to find out)... I see so many abusive reviews on submissions that are going to be banned. I don't think it's fair to the artist; they probably won't want to submit much in the future. Is there ANY way to have consequences for such reviews? We can't mark them as abusive since the movie is under judgment and will eventually be blammed, so do the review mods go through those and report them?

I am just concerned because I've seen some nasty reviews left for admittedly bad flash. But I still think the reviews are unecessary.


Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drum...

SirXVII
SirXVII
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 03:15:15 Reply

You know I have been ignoring the news post for a while because you guys have been posting about shit I already know about.

I mean how bad can these kind of problems be?


BBS Signature
Krossroads
Krossroads
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 03:41:55 Reply

At 7/23/04 01:05 PM, WadeFulp wrote:

Wade you have warned & reminded NG users long enough. Its not in your hands anymore. Just ban/terminate this individuals & continue to make NG more mature.

MessiaH
MessiaH
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 58
Movie Buff
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 04:15:53 Reply

I've just realised, some of the reviews I write for obvious blams are kind of abusive. I should really just not review these ones.

someone-else
someone-else
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 06:42:10 Reply

Hey Wade can we see how many points we have?


int experience, posts; while(experience/10 >= posts) {posts++};

TrOoP89
TrOoP89
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 06:44:11 Reply

i think we can

Angnor
Angnor
  • Member since: Jun. 1, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 07:17:14 Reply

Eh stupid will always be around, the best thing honestly is to just laugh at the one's who's idea of a coherant sentence is yo blam dis peace ouf carp. They are only doing harm to themselves afterall, and remeber, everytime an idiot burns himself because he got to close to the fry cooker, an angel gets its wings.

Darklilangel23
Darklilangel23
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 08:20:41 Reply

what about reviews to movies we know will get blammed i like to tell the artist how shitty the movie is so its in the obituary with here lies a waste of time and effort put forth by a man whos brain is like a bowl of jelly


Dark Kisses In Sweet Places

jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Member since: May. 18, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 08:30:01 Reply

At 7/24/04 08:20 AM, Darklilangel23 wrote: what about reviews to movies we know will get blammed i like to tell the artist how shitty the movie is so its in the obituary with here lies a waste of time and effort put forth by a man whos brain is like a bowl of jelly

What part of "writing an abusive review can lead to a ban" don't you understand?


SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
Darklilangel23
Darklilangel23
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 08:43:06 Reply

well i havent written a bad review for anyone in a while i think


Dark Kisses In Sweet Places

ILSTAR
ILSTAR
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 09:39:05 Reply

If you are logged into your account, and have a firm understanding of our rules, you can click the ABUSIVE link if you see other users violating our rules.

here is a problem, when we see an abusive reply after voting on the under judgment movies, you can't say that there was an abusive review

robowing
robowing
  • Member since: Jan. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 10:05:44 Reply

what i dont get, is that no matter how many times NG admin tell people to chill out and not write abusive reviews, they go ahead and do it anyway! its madness