00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writing Reviews

16,431 Views | 164 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 13:05:38

This is just a reminder to all our users that we do have rules for submitting reviews. Be sure you go over our rules before submitting a review or you may find yourself banned or your NG account terminated!

We need everyone to start following these rules or we will start terminating accounts left and right of those who refuse to cooperate.

If you are logged into your account, and have a firm understanding of our rules, you can click the ABUSIVE link if you see other users violating our rules. This will alert us to these reviews so we can review them and remove them if we agree with your judgment. If we agree with your judgment you will be awarded positive whistle points, if we disagree you will receive negative points. It's pretty clear when someone violates our rules however.

Also if you would like to write reviews to help our Flash artists improve, or just tell them how much you enjoy their work, you just need to sign up for a FREE NG account by clicking the "JOIN NG" link at the top of any NG page. We are looking for more mature reviewers who can leave helpful reviews. Our artists love to hear from our audience, but only if the reviews are helpful. We sadly have to many morons leaving abusive reviews that do nothing but insult our authors, and these people are being dealt with.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 13:07:05

Good thing you made this because there are entirely too many abusive reviews out there..

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 13:07:48

So, how many people have been deleted so far?

Remember the good old days.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 13:08:44

At 7/23/04 01:05 PM, WadeFulp wrote: We sadly have to many morons leaving abusive reviews that do nothing but insult our authors, and these people are being dealt with.

HALLELUJAH. Thank you Wade. I get enough flaming toilet paper thrown at me at home.

WINNER BEST ANIMATED FEATURE 2008 ATLANTA UNDERGROUND FILM FESTIVAL

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 13:08:56

At 7/23/04 01:07 PM, jKiRk wrote: Good thing you made this because there are entirely too many abusive reviews out there..

this needs done every month or so because people just dont listen, and dont bother to read the rules, at all. There really isnt a way to make people read the rules

... LOL WOW this signature is ancient.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 13:10:20

Instead of having to make a lot of threads about this subject, you should just implant it somewhere on the front page. Make a little message saying "Think before you write an abusive review"

Just like a "Think before you drink and drive" kind of thing! Then everybody shall see it.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 13:10:50

At 7/23/04 01:05 PM, WadeFulp wrote: We need everyone to start following these rules or we will start terminating accounts left and right of those who refuse to cooperate.

Can't you just do a review perma-ban, instead of termination? I know you gave out temporary bans in the past and present.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 13:13:59

I like to give 10 in everything, beacause i really like making artist happy and please by their work.
Although im not just writing title - 'awesome' body - 'oh yeah!'... Im trying to write why do i like the movie.. is it fine or should i change the way im reviewing?

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 13:15:27

lol somethin tells me postin that they can review movies after they sign up insint going to help... lol

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 13:29:38

owkee wade, I'll stop, only if you visit my outwar site at...

neh just kidding, but those people don't care if they get banned, but now they have to make an account, so that will lower the spamming. but you'll never be able to kill it... to bad

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 13:31:50

Wade, keeping the internet nice one review at a time.

px hulk.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 13:37:30

what about abuse reviews made in the past? like a loooooong time ago? can we be banned for those?

I used to be relevant.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 13:43:59

so if u say a review is abuive the user gets put under judgement?

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 13:45:37

Awesom. Will read the rules again to see if I can improve my reviewing.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 13:50:04

A couple of things I would like to point out:

There is no need for you to reply and/or insult another user(s) in your reviews. This is not relevent to the submission you are reviewing and basically worthless spam. Send someone an e-mail or catch them on AIM if they list their AIM in their profile. If they don't have one, then just keep it to yourself. If we catch you replying to other reviewers in your reviews, you will be banned.

Also, BLAM THIS or BLAM THIS PIECE OF CRAP, ect is completely retarded, espically if a movie has passed judgement. If you can see the movie's score, you can't blam it, and you end up looking like a dipshit. So don't use BLAM THIS, ect anywhere in a review, even if the movie IS going to be blammed. It's pointless. If you have a review that contains BLAM THIS for a movie that is passed judgement, you will be banned.

UNITE THE CLANS | space cheese | RG podcasts | also cocks

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 14:03:05

ya, theres alot of shitty reviews, ive noticed that alot lately, oh well not much we can do becvuase im not a review mod, SIGH, WAIDPLZREVIEWMODIFYME

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 14:07:00

I flag a lot of abusive revews for whistle points. I have written some crappy revews before, but I learned to be more helpful.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 14:10:07

At 7/23/04 01:10 PM, DirtySyko wrote: Instead of having to make a lot of threads about this subject, you should just implant it somewhere on the front page. Make a little message saying "Think before you write an abusive review"

Just like a "Think before you drink and drive" kind of thing! Then everybody shall see it.

Millions of people still die every year due to drunk driving.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 14:13:24

I reckon these people should be humiliated for there stupidity in some cases. How about 'Ng's Dumbest Users' section. I only want this so the world can see this review that appeared for one of my games:

"you spelled it "ork" but it o r c get it right loser now i bet i hae more warhammer then you new even new they make and stop making crap about warhammer caz you make it look bad loser"

Hilarious and unedited in any way. Even better, 'Ork' really is spelled 'Ork' in Warhammer!

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 14:15:25

Well, what about those really really bad ones? Its kind of hard to think of something to help with stuff like that...

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 14:23:01

What could be a good idea is a reward system, where certain privilidged members can award members who make good reviews, which can give them more experience or blam power.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 14:23:30

Agreed.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 14:23:51

Wouldn't it be nice if this worked?
The newbs break the rules because they have never bothered to read them. They prolly won't read this BBS post of your either Wade.
Kids these days, think they own the place :)

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 14:25:46

At 7/23/04 01:50 PM, Captain_Bob wrote: Good stuff

What's the point of even writing BLAM THIS! You can't see reviews untill after you vote, and if it pasts judgement there's nothing you can do.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 14:27:48

At 7/23/04 02:23 PM, AgeOfArmageddon wrote: Wouldn't it be nice if this worked?
The newbs break the rules because they have never bothered to read them. They prolly won't read this BBS post of your either Wade.
Kids these days, think they own the place :)

Hey... not all n00bs are bad... T_T

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 14:40:12

At 7/23/04 02:15 PM, Inverter wrote: Well, what about those really really bad ones? Its kind of hard to think of something to help with stuff like that...

You are so wrong, there is always someting to improve from, even if its the worst movie ever any kinda helpful tip will help, a play button, better backrounds, quality sounds, longer flash, more indepth story, and thease things will inspire the artist to improve on his or her flash, which then will make newgrounds a better place...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 14:41:28

it's sad how often you have to remind people of this...

i like chicken

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 14:42:35

At 7/23/04 01:07 PM, -Vix- wrote: So, how many people have been deleted so far?

Yeah, i'd like to know that also.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 14:47:32

I've voted abusive on a lot of reviews these days. "this is gay. gay gay gay gay gay....." It just keeps going. The only thing that says is that you are an immature idiot that knows how to copy and paste. Way to go noob. Then there are the one word reviews. "crap". These people have absolutly no intelligence what so ever when it comes to thinking on their own. Cant form a free thought to save their lives. Then there is me with too much ranting. I gotta cut back on the ranting. Then again people find rants amusing so I'll keep doing it. Hell I might as well go to the other topics and rant my opinions on the subjects and hand there. But yeah, the abusive reviews must stop. Can someone tell me where the hell the whistle blowing thing is? This guy who's name is thissiteisafarce keeps leaving abusive reviews and only made one movie and it was complete crap flaming another user. I think he needs an IP ban.

Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-23 14:55:23

Preach brotha. Preach!!!!! Oh wait, you're just noob-bashing. Carry on.