Respond to this Topic
Crossofdevil
Crossofdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 10:13:40 Reply

At 7/24/04 10:05 AM, robowing wrote: what i dont get, is that no matter how many times NG admin tell people to chill out and not write abusive reviews, they go ahead and do it anyway! its madness

No because im sure at least only 1/4 of newgrounds users come here to read and understand wats gonna happen and how you get banned on abusive reviews because the other 3/4 dont even look at the postings or anything.

blood-dew
blood-dew
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 11:40:18 Reply

This news makes me want to submit HORRIBLE material just so that i can wistle people who mock me to hell.

MessiaH
MessiaH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Movie Buff
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 11:53:51 Reply

At 7/24/04 11:40 AM, blood_dew wrote: This news makes me want to submit HORRIBLE material just so that i can wistle people who mock me to hell.

That wouldn't work. Until a movie is out of judgment the reviews cannot be rated, and if the material sucked it would get blammed before we could do anything about it.

Moffstarr
Moffstarr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 12:48:51 Reply

ok why not just delete bad reviews from the movies and move them into a bad review section for people to browse, cuz i find some of them well funny and i do look for them sometimes, would be a shame to totally get rid of them.

1 thing i dont get is how come people are getting so stressed up about some abusive text when there is a whole bunch of abusive flash movies here too!

jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 12:58:46 Reply

At 7/24/04 12:48 PM, Moffstarr wrote: ok why not just delete bad reviews from the movies and move them into a bad review section for people to browse, cuz i find some of them well funny and i do look for them sometimes, would be a shame to totally get rid of them.

Then people would make intentionally bad reviews just to get in that section.

SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
Tremour
Tremour
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 13:07:14 Reply

At 7/24/04 12:48 PM, Moffstarr wrote: 1 thing i dont get is how come people are getting so stressed up about some abusive text when there is a whole bunch of abusive flash movies here too!

And something I don't get is how some people can get so worked up about a flash movie, they feel the need to write an abusive review. I can honestly say, hand on heart and all, that I've never watched a flash movie and wanted the author to "EAT SHIT" or "DIEZ PLZ K". Do people really get angry watching flash movies on the internet ?

FUCK

BBS Signature
Mr-Shark
Mr-Shark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 13:09:20 Reply

Yeah I hate them people that feel that they need to make the author of a movie feel like crap. I say more people now a days review the author and not the movie. I have seen a ton of reviews that just say "you suck" and stuff like that.

MessiaH
MessiaH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Movie Buff
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 13:29:34 Reply

It amuses me when I see some idiot write 'i cud draw better on mspaint in 5 seconds with my eyes closed u fag'

And then you click their profile and, guess what? They have no movies.

PSTWAH
PSTWAH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 13:47:18 Reply

Sorry if I'm being age discriminating, but as far as I know over 90% of teen reviewers (especially at the age of 13 or so) write abusive reviews. Maybe it's capable to introduce an age restriction for review writing, although I do also see abusive reviewers who are physiologically mature.

Gurgg
Gurgg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 17:15:12 Reply

I find the whole thing hilarious, i have never dished out a terrible reveiw without due cause and the fact that rules exist on a site such as this make me laugh and laugh
PS: i hated this post and you have a smelly face

Gurgg
Gurgg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 17:23:37 Reply

At 7/24/04 01:29 PM, _MessiaH_ wrote: It amuses me when I see some idiot write 'i cud draw better on mspaint in 5 seconds with my eyes closed u fag'

And then you click their profile and, guess what? They have no movies.

I have made alot of slanderous reveiws in my time and it angers me to no fucking end when people say something stupid like "why dont you try making a movie?" well the reason why i dont make a movie is becuase i know i suck as flash and i know i cannot draw and i never have even pretended that i can. However i do know what a good flash is and when someone has the wrong idea of good flash i have the right to tell them they are wrong. If we could only criticize what we did we could never say atheletes, religous leaders, professional musicians, fake jesus and whatever have you. I am no pro musician but i do know of alot of bands that suck horridly. By publishing anything you make you are subjecting it to the scrutony of whomever is allowed to reveiw it.

Gurgg
Gurgg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 17:26:51 Reply

Dear coffenut,
i am intrigued by your line of thinking and current ideals and i would like to subscribe to your newsletter and receive my free "coffenut is okay" coffemug

TvP
TvP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 17:59:28 Reply

You guys have become way to strict, it reminds me of my private school.
I got banned for a disgraceful movie on NG, saying, this is a piece of shit, it doesn't deserve to be in the portal and I got banned.

What happened to the good ol' days of
Ttitle: YOU SUCK, U SHOULD DIE!
Never submit again! EVERR!!!!!!

I loved that.

BBS Signature
Crownjo
Crownjo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 18:07:30 Reply

At 7/24/04 05:59 PM, TvP wrote: What happened to the good ol' days of

well it's really pointless for reviews like that.. right?

Gurgg
Gurgg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 18:14:33 Reply

I agree with the last guy telling someone to fuck off was fun and it is all too reminisent of a private school, i know that when i insult someone on this site i feel like a better person the whole day through. I have found coffenut's ideas are very fun even though i would love one of his T-Shirts i wouldnt send him any pesos for all the tea in china at risk of being kicked off the postal service for saying something mean to the people who i will recieve junk mail from after being put on coffenut's mailing list.
:BOTTOM LINE:
Not even on NG are we okay to say whatever the fuck we want to who ever we want, if you ask me the real problem with reveiws on this site is the endless parade of outwar assholes. I mean WHAT THE FUCK!! Is it that important to be king of some shitty online game that passes out tracking cookies by the handful?
SO FUCK IT ALL, DONT TALK TO ME ABOUT WHY I CANT TELL PEOPLE THEY SHOULD COMIT MASS SUICIDE DUE TO THEIR POOR SKILLS IN A MACROMEDIA PROGRAM. TALK TO THESE OUTWAR/KINGS OF CHAOS ASSHOLES!

Writing Reviews

GlydeSilver
GlydeSilver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 19:47:17 Reply

Err..I always feel dumb postin stuff, but I felt like wastin some words, so here they come, umm..I haven't written any abusive reviews (even though I've only written 6) and I dont exactly plan on doin so, so..uhh..yeah, thats it..Ishut up now..>>

GlydeSilver
GlydeSilver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 19:50:22 Reply

ah..to correct that previous comment I made, I did (kinda) write an abusive review, but it was abusive towards outwar, even though it was brief..thats it..bye

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 20:24:45 Reply

I really hope that mine isn't deleted, yes, I do admit to not fully reading the FAQ, and that I have wrote many hateful reviews, but I promise I will change for the better, I REALLY don't want my account deleted, so from now on, I hearby promise to never agean tell a flash artist to "shoot them self".

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
AapoJoki
AapoJoki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 20:27:49 Reply

Sometimes I don't mind crappy reviews saying nothing but "U SUCK!", because occasionally, the author pretty much deserves it...

But my reviews are never like that

KyleRoberts
KyleRoberts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Programmer
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 20:43:51 Reply

At 7/24/04 05:59 PM, TvP wrote: You guys have become way to strict, it reminds me of my private school.
I got banned for a disgraceful movie on NG, saying, this is a piece of shit, it doesn't deserve to be in the portal and I got banned.

What happened to the good ol' days of

I loved that.

Admittedly, it IS funny to just tell someone to fuck off sometimes and their work really does suck ass. God knows that there are definitely some people out there that submit bullshit that we could all do without.

But as to your comments about NG becoming too strict...what the fuck? It's not like they WANT to ban users from coming to the site. It's just that there's too much of it and it's unnecessary. Imagine how much the admins have to put up with it everyday.

People seem to think that NG is their own personal playground where they can do whatever they want. While we should be able to "play" here and have fun...there are still rules. Some people can't seem to get that through their fucking heads.

Wandering-Warrior
Wandering-Warrior
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 20:50:05 Reply

At 7/24/04 01:47 PM, PSTWAH wrote: Sorry if I'm being age discriminating, but as far as I know over 90% of teen reviewers (especially at the age of 13 or so) write abusive reviews. Maybe it's capable to introduce an age restriction for review writing, although I do also see abusive reviewers who are physiologically mature.

how dare you give him that idea! im 13 and hardly write any bad reviews

False tooth fell out. Kissing ended.

chickenman1
chickenman1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 21:01:28 Reply

I agree with policy. I see too many reviws that say "you suck" or something to that affect. As one of the "mature" reviewers, I walways try to be constructive and give tips, not just slander. Unfortunately, without the threat of discipline many Ng reviewers will proceed without worry.........delete the accounts of the abusers!

Darkstrategy
Darkstrategy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 21:07:27 Reply

:) i usually stay pretty on topic unless i know it is getting banned or if it is salad fingers

and the thing bout the rules ex 1 (all these bans pretty much same day)

in a live chati was talkin and i was obeying every single rule and just chatting having a good conversation then bam a administrator asks ppl if they wanted me removed cause we were all kiddin round and im banned

ex2

i got banned from forum for not having good grammar i thought it was weird it said to rd the rules to prevent it happenin again so i did i did not find any reason to ban me for that reason

ex3

i got banned from reviewing cause of me flaming salad fingers i did not go off topic but i didnt really help either i started doing normal reviews with his movies then oncei saw salad hit front pg i got pissed off personally i thionk that was the only fair ban

but u should make 2 sections of reviews it would kill it out mostly i think (would for me anyway) make a normal review and a flame review section the author doesnt even have to look in the flame one (or better yet u could have ppl who judge and place reviews im sure plenty are willing to do this since ppl always want more power)

*it is just a suggestion buti thought it was worthy of posting*

"Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here."
-Cheshire Cat

BBS Signature
promontorium
promontorium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Movie Buff
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 21:16:58 Reply

At 7/23/04 01:05 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Promontorium better watch out.

Can't we all just get along?

Writing Reviews

Mugetsu88
Mugetsu88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 21:57:04 Reply

thank you GOD. i dont know how many reviews i've gotten for my sub- par flash movies (im trying to get better) that consist of, "you suck" or "you are a fag" or some thing dumb ass shit like that..........

Popsycle
Popsycle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 23:11:49 Reply

yea, there is a club that is dedicated to finding absive reviews/people and telling others on their site to click abusive on them because

1. You gain whistle points
2. You don't have to make an admin make a thread to stop making abusive reviews.

If you need some whistel points, most of the abusive reviews come from dating sims and dress up dolls, because people leave outwar links there left and right.

Only The Ash Remain...

PSTWAH
PSTWAH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-24 23:29:47 Reply

At 7/24/04 08:50 PM, archdog wrote:
At 7/24/04 01:47 PM, PSTWAH wrote: Sorry if I'm being age discriminating, but as far as I know over 90% of teen reviewers (especially at the age of 13 or so) write abusive reviews. Maybe it's capable to introduce an age restriction for review writing, although I do also see abusive reviewers who are physiologically mature.
how dare you give him that idea! im 13 and hardly write any bad reviews

I do know some teenagers with mature and considerate heart either, as I said before, it's over 90% but not 100%.

But for the last sentence, I think it's unable to check, especially it seems that you just review for blammed movies...

KyleRoberts
KyleRoberts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Programmer
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-25 00:32:27 Reply

At 7/24/04 09:07 PM, Darkstrategy wrote:
but u should make 2 sections of reviews it would kill it out mostly i think (would for me anyway) make a normal review and a flame review section the author doesnt even have to look in the flame one (or better yet u could have ppl who judge and place reviews im sure plenty are willing to do this since ppl always want more power)

A review section that the author shouldn't read??? Ok...gee, that's helpful. Let's just have a full section on Newgrounds dedicated to allowing flamers to spew their hatred for artists. And then they'll have to PROMISE really hard that they won't flame ANYWHERE else on the site.

I'm sure everyone will obey those rules....b/c they've been so good about obeying rules already...

</sarcasm>

JerkClock
JerkClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-25 00:35:46 Reply

At 7/25/04 12:32 AM, MasterGehn wrote:
A review section that the author shouldn't read??? Ok...gee, that's helpful. Let's just have a full section on Newgrounds dedicated to allowing flamers to spew their hatred for artists. And then they'll have to PROMISE really hard that they won't flame ANYWHERE else on the site.

I'm sure everyone will obey those rules....b/c they've been so good about obeying rules already...

</sarcasm>

They have similar things on some message boards. A seperate flame only here, and only flame here forum. It just turns into retarded "LOL you're flaming me" stuff though.

Murdocc
Murdocc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews 2004-07-25 00:35:54 Reply

I only read the first two pages and not sure if this was asked, but, is righting a review all in caps against the rules?