life
life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 03:00 PM Reply

YAY Wade.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature
CodeRedClock
CodeRedClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 03:17 PM Reply

At 7/23/04 02:55 PM, ThePerfectChristian wrote: Preach brotha. Preach!!!!! Oh wait, you're just noob-bashing. Carry on.

whats sad is you guys are the same level haha..u jus have ur bbs experience to kick his ass

dr1zztt
dr1zztt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 03:33 PM Reply

Its true. Lots of people dont read the rules. Or just.. dont care.

Xiivi
Xiivi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 03:37 PM Reply

Many people feel they can "slip" an abusive review in here and there, especially if it's under judgement and they feel it's going to be blammed. But when the movie passes they are in trouble because they will get abusive marked. You should be able to mark abusive reviews for under judgement movies and obituaries. This way people wouldn't say to themselves "Oh well, it's gonna get blammed might as well have some fun." Also authors' responses to abusive reviews end up being abusive as well for the same reason. They know they can get away with it. We should be able to mark that abusive too if it in fact is. Hopefully people will read this and not try to cheat the system by making abusive reviews. It only hurts them in the end.

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature
MindChamber
MindChamber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 03:38 PM Reply

YAY!!!

ANoTHER RemINDer!!!

THat RockS!!!!

C'mon you only need 3 more!!! hehe

TvP
TvP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 03:44 PM Reply

True, lots of reminders. I would like to see my movie back in the portal Wade. Some n00bs flagged it like 3 weeks ago.

BBS Signature
Cid-SilverWing
Cid-SilverWing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 03:48 PM Reply

You're absolutely right, i'm sorry if i ever marked reviews abusive if they weren't because i didn't really know what it actually meant but now i understand the rules entirely.

Rabid-Echidna
Rabid-Echidna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 03:49 PM Reply

At 7/23/04 01:05 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
Be sure you go over our rules before submitting a review or you may find yourself banned or your NG account terminated!

You seem to be threatening to delete accounts more often than you used to. No matter, I only write reviews when I have something useful to say about them, which usually makes them about 4 paragraphs long (With a few exceptions)

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature
EtchASketchClock
EtchASketchClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 03:51 PM Reply

what a relief, i thought this was about people who dont write many reviews.
:)
but its true, reviews are getting out-of-hand.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature
YoYo17
YoYo17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 04:09 PM Reply

what if they found reviews that are abusive written a yr ago, cuz daaaaaaaammmmn was i an idiot when i first signed up for ng.

Senti
Senti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 04:17 PM Reply

Yea, I personally have flagged a lot of reviews. It seemes a large part of the Ng community are assholes and leave nasty reviews for even decent work. Oh well, little by little us Regs will clean up and sort out all of the crap and make newgrounds the perfect society, although it is often funny some of the idiotic things people will say. :)

BBS Signature
KupaMan
KupaMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 04:20 PM Reply

I think it's kind of dumb if you click ABUSIVE and you get points taken away because it says, "If you find this review offensive or..." so it's really a matter of opinion. If you're easily offended (even though Newgrounds is the first place not to be) you'll get points taken away. Plus, I don't think users breaking review rules isn't too big of a deal anymore. It seems like it's getting better.

I suck.

super-sandwich
super-sandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 04:20 PM Reply

I found about three of my reviews were missing. Sorry, but when I'm in a bad mood, I tend to be an asshole. I was just wondering, did you delete them? Because I was pretty sure that my reviews had been o.k. with the rules recently...hopefully they were old reviews, because I've been trying to leave helpful stuff.

Pilot-Doofy
Pilot-Doofy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Musician
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 04:21 PM Reply

At 7/23/04 01:07 PM, jKiRk wrote: Good thing you made this because there are entirely too many abusive reviews out there..

The sad thing is most of them are on blammed movies. I think we should be able to read all the reviews for the movie after you vote on it.

Granted not before because it would give the score away but after you've already voted I don't see the harm, that way we can mark the bullshit.

j00bie
j00bie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 04:21 PM Reply

1 of mine just got deleted, but it was my first review i ever made... i knew it was abusive, but what the heck, i was a young un' back then.

I've flagged over 2000 reviews since ive been a silver whistle, i need them points! i want out of this silver contraption!

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 04:33 PM Reply

For those making smart ass remarks about my post, I'm not expecting my threats to magically stop all abusive reviewers. I am just making the statement so when we clean house on abusive reviewers I can say "You were warned" and have a clean conscience about it. :)

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
HeavyD2
HeavyD2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 04:40 PM Reply

Not only do I see "reviews" that just bash the movies or worse, just the authors - I also see those that just say "THIS ROCKS" without saying why it's that good. I don't think that liking a movie is a license to blow off writing a constructive review.

I believe that almost all reviews should contain both good and bad points about the movie or game. And think twice before scoring it a 0 or 10, too. I think that a 10 should be reserved for those rare cases when you can't find anything wrong with it, and a 0 for those when you, try as you might, can't find anything right about it. (The latter may be more common, though...) Most of your scores on movies that pass judgment should be closer to 5 than to 0 or 10 if you review every movie you see.

Coraxus
Coraxus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 04:49 PM Reply

From what I heard, I think there are NG users who wish to have some of their reviews deleted, seeing that they have improved their manners overtime. I don't suppose it's possible to give users the power to delete their own reviews.

Hmm, maybe it's too much trouble to code that in I guess.

Only I can make blue whales cry.

Crownjo
Crownjo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 05:02 PM Reply

At 7/23/04 04:33 PM, WadeFulp wrote: For those making smart ass remarks about my post, I'm not expecting my threats to magically stop all abusive reviewers. I am just making the statement so when we clean house on abusive reviewers I can say "You were warned" and have a clean conscience about it. :)

haha {{{wade}}}

oh yeah i havent seen a outwar review for a long time now.

Flak
Flak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 05:05 PM Reply

At 7/23/04 01:43 PM, whoizzet wrote: so if u say a review is abuive the user gets put under judgement?

ha ha ha ha ha ha.... silly n00b. users dont get put under judgement, only flashes when they are first submitted into the portal. read the faq, it usually answers most questions.

BANNED. Later, gator.

BBS Signature
R-Jay
R-Jay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 05:31 PM Reply

Look I got a silver whistle! I didn't even see the Bronze whistle before that. I was OMG I KICK SO MUCH ASS. A garbage whistle into a silver whistle within a week! Well, just wanted to tell you a very uninteresting story with you guys. That goes to show you mark reviews that have been marked abusive by at least ten people!

SodaHead
SodaHead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 06:05 PM Reply

At 7/23/04 01:07 PM, jKiRk wrote: Good thing you made this because there are entirely too many abusive reviews out there..

Yeah. Especially all those who hate the Neurotically Yours series. But do they care?

GUTHRIE
GUTHRIE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Game Developer
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 07:10 PM Reply

More whistle points for me!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Email _ Xfire _ Steam _ facebook _ last.fm _ PSN _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ GUTHRIE

BBS Signature
Kaabi
Kaabi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 07:20 PM Reply

I'm going to have to agree, agree to the maaaax!

promontorium
promontorium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Movie Buff
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 07:34 PM Reply

At 7/23/04 01:05 PM, WadeFulp wrote:

promontorium's fucked

Ok This is your site, I promise I will NEVER leave another abusive review. It didn't used to be this way, all my old reviews were good, but the pressure of having to view so many horribly offensive movies started getting to me, and when I'm offended, I get offensive. I won't be abusive, but PLEASE don't delete my account. I will be level ten in just one day, it took me two years to get here. Anyway, if your going to ban people for previous reviews, I'm already done.

On the plus side my most offensive and beautifly written page long review is already deleted, if that didn't get me banned I may have a chance.

OkatuNineteen
OkatuNineteen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 07:43 PM Reply

Generally there will always be abusive reviews, Outwar linking was virtually eliminated, but that won't be the case here. There will always be idiots who create unconstructive reviews. Why? Human nature, thats why.
Though it is good the Newground's staff are taking action, and the problem can most certainly be alliviated, just not eliminated outright.

Cheese
Cheese
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 07:47 PM Reply

GG wade.

DarkSwordPixel
DarkSwordPixel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 07:51 PM Reply

*sigh* this shouldn't be nessisary...

here's an idea! before you sign up, you should be forced to read the FAQ, then you must take an automated test to evaluate your understanding of the FAQ.

It worked on Pixelation.swoo.net, where spaming is a rarity (once a week maybe) and abusiveness (I don't remember the last time there was any) are nearly non-existant.

Moffstarr
Moffstarr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 08:03 PM Reply

*ahem* i have left some abusive comments in the past but only because i was abused by the review and sort of lost my rag!, sorry bout them NG.

I personally dont get hurt from any 'abusive' reviews and i dont think any other artist should because at the end of the day its only some text anyway you gotta take some flak even if its a great flash there will always be a group of people who will hate it. i guess its all about how you handle them sort of people, do you snap like i did and hurl aload of mindless even childish abuse back at them and fuel the fire even more? or do you just hold your breath for ten seconds and just brush it off? i dont know! but imma be careful now and hold my mouth abit, gonna be hard but i try :P

i kinda find some of them abusive reviews really funny thou anyone else? mind you, some are abit suspect i guess.... mnmhnhmhnmhnh katch22

lexus3
lexus3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Reviews Jul. 23rd, 2004 @ 08:20 PM Reply

Terminating account is very and I mean very tough. That is messed up. All of a sudden you don't exist on NG anymore.