Tremax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Writer
Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 12th, 2014 @ 07:59 PM Reply

Hi everybody!

Myself and a few other individuals are interested in starting a Writer's Guild here at Newgrounds. The Writer's Guild would consist of several different divisions: ranging from the novelists to the game writers all the way to the screenwriters. The main purpose will be to put forth an effort to bring a group of people together that all share a common interest in writing and to trade ideas with them, as well as work on improving existing ones. Here at Newgrounds we have so many places for programming advice, but so few places where writers can go to learn the tips that will help them write their bestseller.

We are asking for something very simple within this forum post:
1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds (This will be what we call you within our workshops and group conversations)
2) Type of Writing Preferred (Novels, Screenplays, Video Games, all, etc.)
3) Past Experience (List all of your past works whether unpublished or published. *Please note if they have been finished)
4) Your greatest strength and weakness.

Someone from WGN will contact you within 48 hours of your post. Again, our main goal is to launch a platform for writers looking to improve on their work. This is not a place for people who cannot take criticism. While it is people criticizing your work please remember that they will only be providing constructive feedback that you may or may not listen to. Because at the end of the day YOU are the writer of your own work. I look forward to personally working with every interested party. :)

Please quote this line in your reply.

Incumbent President of Writers of Newgrounds | Currently Reading: Nothing :( | Currently Writing: The Forever Orphan

BBS Signature
whiz85
whiz85
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 13th, 2014 @ 06:09 PM Reply

Interesting...

1) whiz85 a.k.a. Gingoguy
2) screenplays/video game
3) none
4) unknown as of yet.

"Please quote this line in your reply."

BBS Signature
EdizonPlazma95
EdizonPlazma95
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 14th, 2014 @ 10:35 PM Reply

Sounds interesting

1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds: Call me Sephiran
2) Type of Writing Preferred: Novels (I really like horror novels specially)
3) Past Experience: Nothing........sorry :(
4) Your greatest strength and weakness: My stregth...mmmm,I don't know.My weakness,mmm blood and sharp things (specially syringes :S)

Join the Writers Guild Of Newgrounds!
WGN

BBS Signature
xXXImpalerOEn
xXXImpalerOEn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Game Developer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 15th, 2014 @ 12:17 AM Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: We are asking for something very simple within this forum post:
1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds (This will be what we call you within our workshops and group conversations)
3) Past Experience (List all of your past works whether unpublished or published. *Please note if they have been finished)

I hope this isn't a sham of sorts.
1) ColdCrimson
2) Novel
3) Nothing
4) My greatest weakness is my inexperience. My greatest strength is my ability to learn.

Video game writing also interests me strongly.
I'm not completely sure what you mean about strengths or weaknesses either.

BBS Signature
chaslo
chaslo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 15th, 2014 @ 06:11 AM Reply

1) call me "chaslo"
2) books,visual novels,manga,scripts
3) writing scripts for a spanish producer,finished,never published because the producer go bankrupt,writing scripts of my own original manga and book,not finished (in progress)
4) strength, originality,creativity,motivation ability to learn, weakness, lack of professional experience,poor english lenguage (my mother lenguage is spanish,all my scripts are in spanish and i work in spanish lenguage

i want to join a place to make collabs to make visual novels,manga,games,animations or whatever,i need a boost in my carrer,i can work nonprofit,i write in spanish...sorry but i im a poor writer in english,i hope it will be not a great problem however i can chat using english,my greatest dream is become a famous writer

BBS Signature
Grakho
Grakho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 16th, 2014 @ 05:00 PM Reply

1) Grakho
2) Novels, short stories (prefer them the most), scripts, graphic novels
3) Nothing finished, but I started writing a couple short stories and a bigger fantasy novel (sort of)
4) Greatest strength is motivation to learn and creativity, greatest weakness is my inexperience and lack of motivation sometimes

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 17th, 2014 @ 06:37 PM Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: Hi everybody!

There was a Writer's Guild formed many years ago within the BBS, before the writing forum was formed. I know that the thread I exampled there is ancient history, but you should still look into it, to see if there are any ideas that you're missing out on and might be able to use, to make this idea better.

On top of that, please feel free to use the writer's lounge thread within this forum, to drum up more support.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Tremax
Tremax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 17th, 2014 @ 08:10 PM Reply

At 5/17/14 06:37 PM, Coop wrote: On top of that, please feel free to use the writer's lounge thread within this forum, to drum up more support.

Thanks! I'll let some of the people in my group know. We were talking about the old writer's guild a couple weeks ago and that's why I put (New) in the topic thread. As far as my knowledge of the matter goes the old Writer's Guild was never any more than the forum. Our group plans to branch out.

Incumbent President of Writers of Newgrounds | Currently Reading: Nothing :( | Currently Writing: The Forever Orphan

BBS Signature
Red-Halo
Red-Halo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 17th, 2014 @ 10:11 PM Reply

Sounds interesting.

1. Red-Halo
2. Short Stories, Manga scripts, working on non-fiction articles
3. I've had a few short things published in the local paper, school assignments, mountain of half finished things
4. Weakness: Finishing, Strength: Humor

BBS Signature
Honry
Honry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 20th, 2014 @ 08:22 PM Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: Please quote this line in your reply.

meh why the hell not?

1) Henry
2) I really am interested in every type of writing
3) a nearly complete script/storyboard for an original animation, very many concepts, 300 words into a novel i will likely never finish
4) I have to write a story without taking breaks, because if i come back to it in a different mood the entire direction of the story changes. (example being a script i wrote yesterday was very silly at first, i took a few hours break to do homework and when i finished the script after, it changed from really silly to unbearably depressing.)

BBS Signature
LunarHawk69
LunarHawk69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 21st, 2014 @ 11:16 AM Reply

This is going to be a great resource for all you writers out there. Writing is the backbone of movies and games.
*bump*

BBS Signature
AntmanVernon305
AntmanVernon305
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Filmmaker
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 21st, 2014 @ 02:55 PM Reply

KingAntman

I write a bit of everything mainly a comedy script writer

I have done comics and scripts for various comic websites and animators on youtube and new grounds

My weakness is that I have took many ideas and can not stick too one

BBS Signature
krazedkaracter
krazedkaracter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 22nd, 2014 @ 03:59 PM Reply

1) Krazed
2) Anything but screenplays
3) I've started the novel "Our Biggest One Yet" and have one chapter complete.
4) Weakness-short time limit.Strength-spelling, grammar, realism.

I bet you do...

BBS Signature
ZE13
ZE13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 24th, 2014 @ 04:44 PM Reply

Myself and a few other individuals are interested in starting a Writer's Guild here at Newgrounds. The Writer's Guild would consist of several different divisions: ranging from the novelists to the game writers all the way to the screenwriters. The main purpose will be to put forth an effort to bring a group of people together that all share a common interest in writing and to trade ideas with them, as well as work on improving existing ones. Here at Newgrounds we have so many places for programming advice, but so few places where writers can go to learn the tips that will help them write their bestseller.

We

I'm ZE13 from newgounds I like to write screenplays I wrote one and summited it to a agent in Hollywood it was rejected cuz he said it had a nice story but it was too much like a novel.

ZE13
ZE13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 24th, 2014 @ 05:11 PM Reply

At 5/24/14 04:44 PM, ZE13 wrote:

Myself and a few other individuals are interested in starting a Writer's Guild here at Newgrounds. The Writer's Guild would consist of several different divisions: ranging from the novelists to the game writers all the way to the screenwriters. The main purpose will be to put forth an effort to bring a group of people together that all share a common interest in writing and to trade ideas with them, as well as work on improving

1. Call me ZE13

2. I write screenplays.

3 I wrote one and summited it to a agent in Hollywood it was rejected cuz he said it had a nice story but it was too much like a novel.

4. My weakness is grammar and spelling.

ZE13
ZE13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 24th, 2014 @ 05:18 PM Reply

1. Call me ZE13
2. I write screenplays.
3 I wrote one and summited it to a agent in Hollywood it was rejected cuz he said it had a nice story but it was too much like a novel.
4. My weakness is grammar and spelling.

Krash17
Krash17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 24th, 2014 @ 05:26 PM Reply

1) Krash
2) Novels, short stories, poems. Interested in learning other forms
3) Written several unpublished stories and poems, some personal songwriting that I plan to publish here. Currently working on a project with other NG writers. I still need three more, so check it out here.
4) Grammar, spelling, structure, imagery I consider strengths. Characterization I feel I should work on.

Think this is a great idea, I have plans to start several writing projects in the future.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -GRRM
He who creates nothing is only a man. He who creates something is a god.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 25th, 2014 @ 02:26 AM Reply

Details here.
1) Troisnyx
2) Novels, short stories, lyrics, possibly video games?
3) I write journals about human rights abuses; they are currently works in progress. I also had two game ideas I wanted to bring to fruition but have not been able to.
4) My greatest strengths are grammar, spelling and vocabulary; my greatest weakness is that many pieces I do tend to involve caricatures of myself and people I know, and I want to stay away from that.

Done.
Now back to my abstinence from the forums.

AMDG ✝

Blank slate, with no project files from years past to base oneself on.

BBS Signature
Krash17
Krash17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 25th, 2014 @ 11:02 AM Reply

Now back to my abstinence from the forums.

Dang, I was totally going to recruit you =(

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -GRRM
He who creates nothing is only a man. He who creates something is a god.

BBS Signature
Jonlenn
Jonlenn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 26th, 2014 @ 01:08 PM Reply

1) Jonlenn.
2) I prefer all types of writing forms.
3) Wrote the story of my first flash cartoon, Writing for a upcoming flash game as of now.
4) Being persistent and independent.

mysteriouslila
mysteriouslila
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Reader
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 26th, 2014 @ 09:38 PM Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote:

1) I suppose Lila should do
2)Novels, short stories, screen plays... I had one idea for a video game and I'm keeping it for the day I'll come across a drunk game developper. I also sort of do comic strips. Sometimes.
3) Published quite a few political articles by now, and a short story in my first year as an undergraduate. The rest is mostly unfinished work. I contribute to a fanfiction blog with two friends (which... you can't read... cause tis in French... unless you know French, obviously). We're three graduates making a fanfiction on My Candy Love. Sad, I know. But we have fun.
4) God I hate this question. I have read a lot. I guess that'd be a strength. Weakness? Well. I am not a native speaker. Hence I might need a little more time to write in English than I need with French.

BBS Signature
EKublai
EKublai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 28th, 2014 @ 02:32 PM Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote:

1. EKublai
2. Screenplays, Novels, Short Fiction
3. Editor/Author of The Newgrounds Writing Anthology *sold out, pm me if you want a copy for $30
4. Strength: Imagination, Voice, Dialogue. Weakness: Consistency of style.

BBS Signature
Witch
Witch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 28th, 2014 @ 03:51 PM Reply

Witch is fine.

Lyrics, poems, some short stories.

I don't really have anything noteworthy.

I have a good vocabulary but I'm pretty bad at composition.

BBS Signature
Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 28th, 2014 @ 08:44 PM Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: We are asking for something very simple within this forum post:

1) Naughtorious

2) The type of writing that has no type.

3) I wrote a small Martin Luther King essay, a lot of philosophy, psychology and some sex cyber if that counts.

4) My greatest strength is my weakness; my greatest weakness is my strength. If I was ever met with a time of absolute darkness, my weakness will give me will; my strength will make me fall.

Please quote this line --> __________________ in your reply.

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Ilssm
Ilssm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Filmmaker
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 28th, 2014 @ 09:02 PM Reply

Ilssm/Colin, either or is fine.

Screenplays, scripts and short stories. Mostly Scripts and Screenplays.

I've written several short scripts and one or two short stories that range from a 2 or 3 pages up to 30, and I wrote and directed my own short film close to a year ago. I've made a lot of other things like it, although at the current moment, this is probably my best completed work. There are definitely problems with it; (Most notably with the plot not being clear if someone goes in cold, and the pacing of the thing) Although I believe I've improved a lot plot/direction wise since then.

My greatest strength I think is my dialogue and characters. I believe I can make them feel like real people and/or very interesting under the right circumstances. My biggest weakness is probably the fact is that I can sometimes make things a bit/way too subtle in my writing, up to the point where it down right confuses the reader/watcher even if it may make sense in my own head.

Someone from WGN will contact you within 48 hours of your post. Again, our main goal is to launch a platform for writers looking to improve on their work. This is not a place for people who cannot take criticism. While it is people criticizing your work please remember that they will only be providing constructive feedback that you may or may not listen to. Because at the end of the day YOU are the writer of your own work. I look forward to personally working with every interested party. :)

I make animations with MsPaint. Does this shit still matter?

Also Omega Team.

BBS Signature
attak1616
attak1616
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 30th, 2014 @ 02:43 PM Reply

for programming advice, but so few places where writers can go to learn the tips that will help them write their bestseller.
1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds
PkGamer
Video Game Concepts, Novels, Lyrics (hip hop-ish)
3) Past Experience
Nothing much...I'm currently writing a video game concept...Going to be pretty sweet when finished.
Strength is that I have a lot of ideas and potential.
Biggest weakness is that I never tend to finish anything I start...And when I do it takes ages and is a day before the deadline.

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: Please quote this line in your reply.

BBS Signature
TheDoor6
TheDoor6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 30th, 2014 @ 11:47 PM Reply

Yes! Finally, an organized group on NG for submitting works of poetry and stuff! >:D Count me IN!

1. TheDoor6, or just Andrew.
2. Poetry + short stories (mostly sci-fi or "realistic fiction")
3. Listing ALL of my past works would take a while, but I've written many poems/short stories for the creative writing class I took at my high school last year, as well as a couple dozen poems and short stories made in my free time over the past couple of years. I've submitted some of my work to various contests, like the AANMA (Allergy & Asthma Network Mothers of Asthmatics) Mystery Writers' Contest and the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards. Much of it is incomplete, though, but I plan to change that over the summer. ;)
4. I think I'm not so great at being concise (as you can probably tell by this post), and I need to work on "showing" and not "telling" in my fictional works (if you know what I mean). I tend to be a little melodramatic, but I enjoy adding humor to my works. I think I often try to convey a message through my work, though, instead of just writing porn in ink.

Also, what are the requirements to be vice president and/or beta captain and/or Charlie captain? I might be interested in that as well...

Thanks for this incredible opportunity, Tremax! ;D

"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead." ~Benjamin Franklin

This is why The Door holds no secrets, my friends.

BBS Signature
Theonewithoutaname
Theonewithoutaname
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 31st, 2014 @ 03:15 AM Reply

I used to have a similar group like this back in my writing classes n campus so i'll posts here i think it'll be a lot of fun.

1) You all can call me rubberneck for the hell of it
2) I like writing fiction (particularly suspense/horror/post modern bullshit)
3)Used to compete in poetry contests, edit people's works at school (was the best editor in a non fiction class), finished a script a long time ago for a webcomic but it's long gone, currently working on a few stories.
4) One big weakness that i've been told was having a habit of being expositoiny, also i spell like a jerk and have an awful habit of isolating myself.

i'm looking forward to this! this looks like so much fun!

Check out these grody links Like my store or my art blog for wannabe depth here

Tremax
Tremax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 31st, 2014 @ 03:39 AM Reply

Updates:

Our guild is now called the WNG. (Writers of Newgrounds)

We are actively seeking new members; no matter what background they possess. We are looking for writers, musicians, poets, and even artists. Our main focus will always be writing, and therefore within those specific genres of expertise we will be focusing on our favorite part: the words.

For example: Artists make comics, and graphic novels.
Musicians need lyrics, etc.

So don't feel that we don't have a place for you just because you aren't into writing books.
Feel free to message me or any of the Guild members (found on my page) about any questions you may have.

Are you Alpha, Beta, or Omega? Join us and find out.
Indulge in language.

BBS Signature
loves2spew
loves2spew
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) May. 31st, 2014 @ 03:55 AM Reply

I am very interested!

Pen Name: The X

I am a young horror novelist hoping to greatly to improve my writing!

Finished works:
-Lezah
-Deady
-Jax's Debt

Unfinished work:
-Poor Child
-Hostage
-Sacrificial Command

BBS Signature