00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!)

34,990 Views | 206 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-01-30 05:41:19

@Tremax

Did you make this page?

If so then I think you need to replace that first post with the member roster. Also I've been working on something now that you might be interested in putting on there if so.

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-01-30 14:30:27

At 1/30/15 05:41 AM, The-Great-One wrote: @Tremax

Did you make this page?

I did! And as the post says, it will be going up soon. I've just been busy. Guild meeting tomorrow night everyone! :D

President of the Writers of Newgrounds | Currently Watching: The Office

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-01-30 14:56:33

At 1/30/15 02:30 PM, Tremax wrote: I did! And as the post says, it will be going up soon. I've just been busy. Guild meeting tomorrow night everyone! :D

Is the meeting taking place on Google+, Skype, or this thread?

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-01-30 15:43:24

At 1/30/15 02:56 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 1/30/15 02:30 PM, Tremax wrote: I did! And as the post says, it will be going up soon. I've just been busy. Guild meeting tomorrow night everyone! :D
Is the meeting taking place on Google+, Skype, or this thread?

Skype!

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-02-07 03:08:13

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: Hi everybody!

Myself and a few other individuals are interested in starting a Writer's Guild here at Newgrounds. The Writer's Guild would consist of several different divisions: ranging from the novelists to the game writers all the way to the screenwriters. The main purpose will be to put forth an effort to bring a group of people together that all share a common interest in writing and to trade ideas with them, as well as work on improving existing ones. Here at Newgrounds we have so many places for programming advice, but so few places where writers can go to learn the tips that will help them write their bestseller.

We are asking for something very simple within this forum post:
1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds (This will be what we call you within our workshops and group conversations)
2) Type of Writing Preferred (Novels, Screenplays, Video Games, all, etc.)
3) Past Experience (List all of your past works whether unpublished or published. *Please note if they have been finished)
4) Your greatest strength and weakness.

Someone from WGN will contact you within 48 hours of your post. Again, our main goal is to launch a platform for writers looking to improve on their work. This is not a place for people who cannot take criticism. While it is people criticizing your work please remember that they will only be providing constructive feedback that you may or may not listen to. Because at the end of the day YOU are the writer of your own work. I look forward to personally working with every interested party. :)

Please quote this line in your reply.

1. heyitskar AKA kar
2. novels, short stories, poetry.
3. I have been posted in a few newspapers with my short stories, both local and county. I also have been published in a poetry book in the 5th grade (lol). I have a couple of hundred finished poems and short stories, as well as a few finished novels. I have a lot of my fanfiction online.
4. My strength is working on imagery, using words in different ways (a thesaurus), and formatting the text itself. I struggle with starting a book (I don't know what to say, like what in the hell am I supposed to say in the beginning of the book???).

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-02-21 19:14:28

1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds (This will be what we call you within our workshops and group conversations)
3) Past Experience (List all of your past works whether unpublished or published. *Please note if they have been finished)

1) Morbidity
2) Short stories or novels
3) Currently working on a novel on English, but other than that I have one short story, but it's on my native language.
I did however post background of one of two protagonists in the novel I'm writing here:http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1384535
(It's supposed to look prettier but it was made for other site whose forums support it.
4) My greatest strength would be creativity and ability to visualise things in great detail. My weakness on the other hand would be that i approach art (not just writing) in a "do it when you feel like it" way and I'm trying to improve on it.

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-02-28 15:10:14

Hey, there are no concrete plans or anything like that, but I wanted to drop by and see what the guild thought: how would you guys feel about doing a podcast, perhaps for anthologies? Now that NG supports podcasts, I was wondering what we could do with those, and thought it may be interesting to see if we could find some folks in the voice acting forum who'd be interested in collaborating on such a project. Again, there are no plans, and there are certainly other things we could do, but I wanted to see if there was any interest in such a thing.

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-03-17 08:20:44

Quick question: If we have a piece of writing for the the anthology where/ who do we turn it in to?

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-03-17 12:14:49

At 3/17/15 08:20 AM, widebrimhatter wrote: Quick question: If we have a piece of writing for the the anthology where/ who do we turn it in to?

Upload it to the dumping ground and then message the link to me!

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-03-24 10:09:07

At 12/28/14 06:05 PM, Tremax wrote: Hello everyone!

Some quick updates for the guild. We have opened our new horror anthology up to new members and are allowing submissions until March 20th, 2015. If you are interested please see the Guild Constitution for more information.

We are accepting new members once again! We have inducted seven new members today, and I personally look forward to getting to know each and every one of you. We did not reach the planned 100 members by the end of the year, but we did make it to 60, a number that I am proud of and looking to build upon in the coming years.

If you have yet to join the WNG, do so! We are a welcoming community and we are always looking for new writers to join our ranks. Our next guild meeting is January 31st, 2015 at 8PM Eastern Time.

Oh, I missed this by a couple of days... getting in the habit of discovering these kind of possibilites and competitions minutes after their best before date expires... :/

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-03-24 11:59:14

At 3/24/15 10:09 AM, Silverbullit wrote: Oh, I missed this by a couple of days... getting in the habit of discovering these kind of possibilites and competitions minutes after their best before date expires... :/

Still accepting submissions. Guild meetings are currently not happening though due to member availability.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-03-24 16:19:23

Myself and a few other individuals are interested in starting a Writer's Guild here at Newgrounds. The Writer's Guild would consist of several different divisions: ranging from the novelists to the game writers all the way to the screenwriters. The main purpose will be to put forth an effort to bring a group of people together that all share a common interest in writing and to trade ideas with them, as well as work on improving existing ones. Here at Newgrounds we have so many places for programming advice, but so few places where writers can go to learn the tips that will help them write their bestseller.

Someone from WGN will contact you within 48 hours of your post. Again, our main goal is to launch a platform for writers looking to improve on their work. This is not a place for people who cannot take criticism. While it is people criticizing your work please remember that they will only be providing constructive feedback that you may or may not listen to. Because at the end of the day YOU are the writer of your own work. I look forward to personally working with every interested party. :)

Good afternoon (for me, if not you) :) My name is BluMiu and I'm new to NewGrounds, but have met a few writers here already. I've always written to a degree for my artwork (bios and the such), but starting working on actual novel-work 4 years ago. A lot of that time has been dedicated to world building, but I currently have one book in progress with 400+ pages (4 chapters, 3 undergoing entire revision) already done, but far from finished. I don't have any experience publishing, though I am doing by-chapter publishing on Wattpad before I officially do so through Amazon. Knowing my strengths and weaknesses is a tough one since I seldom receive feedback on other sites, possibly because my writing is lengthy and TLTR seems to rule the internet much; if not that, I could not say. Perhaps my strength would be formulating a good story and putting serious though into it. My weakness might be lacking experience to create suspense, or invoking emotions the way I would like to.
This would be a good chance to learn more about that from other writers and also give the best feedback I can to help as well~

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-03-26 22:14:02

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote:

1) Myridon is fine on here, I also go by Thaddaeus English
2) short stories, novels, flash fiction, any length of story, once its at the end its at the end, regardless of length. a story is a story, I also like to dabble in screenplays (I have two complete so far.)
3) okay: Girl In Red Overalls (finished and published) The Relic (short story that won a competition and was included in an anthology: The lady In The Loft Anthology.) A novel I am in the middle of writing (77,676 words and counting) a short story collection, (2nd draft stage) A sci-fi novel (2nd draft, revision stage) two screenplays (one mystery, one horror, both completed)
4) Greatest strength I think may be my pacing, once I write I can keep the action moving, my biggest weakness is tense; I often find myself going back and finding I've used past instead of present, still something i find myself doing.

BBS Signature

At 3/24/15 11:59 AM, Tremax wrote:
At 3/24/15 10:09 AM, Silverbullit wrote: Oh, I missed this by a couple of days... getting in the habit of discovering these kind of possibilites and competitions minutes after their best before date expires... :/
Still accepting submissions. Guild meetings are currently not happening though due to member availability.

Arrite then,
I worked hard at it after your o.k. deadline overstep and put together a horror story arc.
Posted the (almost) first draft of Issue No#1 including some rough sketches.
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1388618

Unfortunately I can not edit my posts, I made some bad mistakes putting it up for you :/

1) Silverbullit (How does these workshops and group conversations work?)
2) My first text "Comic Script" ever. (I have written, ghostwritten and consulted on full length feature Screenplays, Teleplays, Shortfilms, Indie art screenplays, Commercials etc related to film&telly. Written a bunch of crappy Bricks, sorry I meant to write Novels, that basically I have shared with very few and so forth. Never Comic Scripts thou...)
3) This would require some serious space... and most is prolly lost in time. But if you want titles here's a few and since they are in Swedish I will give you Swenglish title translations.
Half litre of nut blood. (Short film, award winner)
Moroii/Vampires (Horror Short 41 mins, Director, Co-Writer. Won 1 price in Swedish National Short film festival.)
Förhöret/The Interrogation (Vampire Short 36mins, Writer, Director. Won 1 price in Swedish televisions national Short film festival)
Some screenplays, nothing published
Brothers (1 short prequel, 3 Novels)
The secret detective and the Secret Nazi Experiment
The Gates of Valhalla
Psychos and the giant Clusterfuck
Novels
Intergalactiv television proudly presents the holocaust show
Guide to quick shooting
and I just keep ranting. I will spare you several hundreds of crappy work nobody ever have nor want to hear aboot. ;)
4) Strength would be; Finishing work and contribute constructive criticism AND taking constructive criticism. (At least used to have an eye to spot plotholes, clarify structural integrities and possible improvements asf)
Weakness: Get sucked in total focus at creative endeavours such as writing, painting, sculpting etc. However I honestly am not particularly good at writing, sketching or whatever. (Got more weaknesses, bodily health, cant keep replies short, not enough time on my clock, dough, in other words just the ordinary stuff most deal with. asf)

"Please quote this line in your reply."

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-04-13 11:28:35

Totally interested in this.

1) ProfessorX
2) Novels, Short-Stories, Movies, Screen Play, and most other forms of writing.
3) Several published short stories and poems, Six finished plays and scripts for short films, A Hearts Journey (W.I.P. on Newgrounds).
4) Strengths: Grammar, Humor, Dialogue, Visualization, Vocabulary. /Weaknesses: Availability.

"Please quote this line in your reply."

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-04-13 18:02:51

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: Please quote this line in your reply.

1) Shifty works, as does my other online name, Riho.
2) Video game writing or screenplay writing would be cool. I specialize in humor-based stuff.
3) Nothing. In a summer camp I once wrote a script for a short movie which we filmed. People liked it. That was a good week.
4) I jump around like a flea, and I kinda need someone to keep me in line. I usually write out whatever pops into my head, or whatever I find interesting.

This seems interesting, ever since I've come back to Newgrounds I've been interesting in writing for an animation or game.

When I'm not spouting bullshit, I'm actually dead serious.

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-04-23 03:49:30

Wrote something.

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-05-07 09:36:01

1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds: IdentiC, (Kerfilicious)
2) Type of Writing Preferred: Anything goes if I have the inspiration for it.
3) Past Experience: Couple of years in writing class, journalistic articles, 1 short play, a ton of short novels, and a lot of unfinished work, including but not limited to thrillers, comedy, scifi and fantasy.
4) Your greatest strength and weakness: Strength: Don't feel limited in what I chose to write, and am open for suggestion and critisism. Weakness: Rarely finish anything, english is not my first language (nuance issues), ridiculously critical of my own work, don't take my own stories seriously.

"Please quote this line in your reply." - Mahatma Ghandi, 2009

Suggestion: Starting a hangout for people to work together in a "room" and just help eachother out in real time, and just keeping eachother company. I have a friend who is part of a artists hangout on google, and he's benefitted a lot from it. I'd love to do something simillar. Wouldn't mind hosting it either if there's an interest!

The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1389190

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-05-21 11:07:35

LEAVE ME ALONE ALL YOU GUILDEES

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-10-27 16:07:41

Any news from you good folks?

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-11-04 03:29:54

At 10/27/15 04:07 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Any news from you good folks?

The Newgrounds Writing Anthology is for sale again.

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-11-08 22:39:35

1)TravMaster87
2)Screen writing, animation, graphic novels, novels, short stories, articles, comedy skits
3)Open or Closed and other non-published items.
4)Writing climaxes and interesting character developement

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-11-12 06:50:37

i guess i'll give this a try:

1) call me meridian
2) novels/short stories/video games
3) i have a few unfinished novels, but i have some short stories that are done.
4) my strength is my creativity; my weakness is my constant rush of ideas. sometimes i'm writing, then a new idea pops up so i do that and lose interest in the story i was just working on. :(

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-11-24 13:17:42

1) Vicero
2) Fantasy fiction, autobiography, Steam punk, new age
3) My patreon page https://www.patreon.com/Vicero87?ty=c
4) Strength: Creative forethought
weakness: attention span

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-11-27 18:28:13

1) PleasantChimera
2) short storys, novels, and screenwriting
3)Poem published in a elementary poem collaboration, forgot the name. Recently entered short story contest
4) I feel i am skilled at describing settings and actions. I feel i am very creative, but i am not the best at character dialogue.

I hope a can improve my writing through helping people screen write for animations and the like. I'm not expecting to much to come of this, but who knows.

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-12-09 21:03:16

1) Just call me Yeelp. Plain and simple.
2) Only novels. Stuff like fantasy novels take the cake.
3) None of my works have been finished but I am working on a novel for my book series: The Chronicles of Yeelp. It's by no means going to be short. All the other works I've done haven't panned out. I tried to write a book based of my life: Limbo, but that didn't pan out either.
4) My greatest weakness? By ability to get distracted. More often than not, my writing will get derailed and head in a completely different direction. I'm using Smart Ideas to map out my writing before hand to avoid this. Because then it becomes a game of connect the dots instead of a game of draw the line. My greatest strength is my ability to learn quickly. Kinda like adaptability.

Nailed it.

All mah audio --> Right here.

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-12-14 22:16:16

This actually sounds kinda fun. Lord knows that I need more criticism for my writing. Alright, so...

1. Ryallen
2. Novels and Video games, although I am still learning how to write for video games.
3. I have two short stories that I have written based on an idea for a video game that's been boiling and taking up space in my own head and one short story otherwise. None are published, unfortunately. Any other story that I may have either has not been completed yet or has been outright abandoned.
4. I have been told that my strength is the dialogue between my characters and their personalities and my weaknesses are more action oriented scenes and beginnings of stories.

"Please quote this line in your reply"

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-12-29 13:23:20

1) Scipio
2) Short stories, game reviews, more specifically I like to write fiction and history genres.
3) write short stories on my own free time aka no real experience.
4) My greatest strength is my extent to write a fictional novel/ piece. Fiction for me has no bounds, and I love video games (and writing about them.) My greatest weakness is writing a piece that I am not passionate about. If you really want to see me on my best then I would have t write about something I love.

Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!)

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-12-29 17:22:47

1. Leadbomber
2. Scripts, ongoing writing series, and novel
3. Wattpad writer and current developer for an upcoming animation series on Newgrounds
4. Good at coming up with new characters, creatures, and worlds

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2016-02-03 00:17:50

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote:

Too late to join?

1. Neoslayre
2. Screenplays, and rap lyrics
3. Screenplay for a "road trip" movie, screenplay for untitled POV horror movie, untitled rap song. (ALL UNFINISHED)
4. Strengths:

Pretty good at creating interesting dialogue, and conversations between characters.
Can come up with many different interesting ideas for films.

Weaknesses: none. I'm perfect (JK)

My inability to complete anything.
I always procrastinate.
It seems like I try too hard to make dialogue sound natural that it seems to me to have the opposite effect
Writing rap is harder than I expected.