00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gustavo-Y-YA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans

140,714 Views | 1,361 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-20 13:28:44

At 1/19/13 05:57 PM, KleptoidKat wrote: What up my fellow hip hop heads.

I go byPhonix.

I liked it. It'll sound better when your voice breaks a little. Also, a better quality mic wouldn't hurt, but good stuff anyway.

Also, SC, I agree, the fact that there is no 'edit' button here is utterly ridiculous.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-20 14:40:14

Hey, bit late to the party here folks!

I am wondering on what you guys here opinions are on rhyme asylum.

Arguably the best collective in the UK, the wordplay and flow are definitely up there with the best in the world.

Rhyme Asylum - Iller Instinct

Rhyme Asylum - Poison Penmanship

Rhyme Asylum - Multiplicity

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-20 15:26:19

At 1/20/13 02:40 PM, Fim wrote: Hey, bit late to the party here folks!

I am wondering on what you guys here opinions are on rhyme asylum.

Arguably the best collective in the UK, the wordplay and flow are definitely up there with the best in the world.

Rhyme Asylum - Iller Instinct

Rhyme Asylum - Poison Penmanship

Rhyme Asylum - Multiplicity

Oh man, first I'v heard of them, but I already love it. Definitely will be listening to more of them, thanks for sharing.

Inspiring.

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-20 19:31:13

At 1/20/13 07:44 AM, ShadyChap wrote:

I go byPhonix.

Just wanted to drop my Youtube link.

For for those curious cats out there, im 16 years old.
Not bad. Your flow is pretty nice. I'd suggest not filtering your voice much though. Just work on your voice and delivery and you won't need any filters.

I think it just might be my mic, cause I dont filter anything, nor do I EQ any sounds.

Not much of a producer..

Will keep what you said on Voice and Delivery in mind though.

Thanks

- Phonix

sup

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-20 19:33:03

At 1/20/13 01:28 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:

I go byPhonix.
I liked it. It'll sound better when your voice breaks a little. Also, a better quality mic wouldn't hurt, but good stuff anyway.

Haha, cool.

Yeah, my voice gets a bit higher when im rapping.

I do need a better one, but for now this USB mic should do me just fine.

Thanks for the input.

sup

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-20 19:37:03

So.. can anyone tell me how to join the 2013 Clabtrap tournament?

Cant seem to find anything on it.

I did comment on Clabtrap 2013 Early Info a forum started by Tekneeq.

GOODDAAAAMMMIITT

- Phonix

sup

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-20 19:37:25

I made a beet tape recently for any rapper who wants some beets to spit on. Right now it's not downloadable, but if you want to use one or need something extra on it, let me know yo.

http://tehslaphappy.bandcamp.com/album/beettape

any feedback is cool to know.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-20 21:08:19

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-20 21:25:43

I'm that guy you never noticed.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-20 22:59:58

Anybody want to submit a verse to this cypher track?

Taking verses until the 31st, best verses get on the track.

go go gog ogog.gdfgdfdg

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-21 03:17:36

At 1/20/13 02:40 PM, Fim wrote: Rhyme Asylum - Multiplicity

I do like them. Excellent lyricists. Not my favourite UK artists though to be honest, perhaps a little horrorcore for me. Big fan of Stig of the Dump, and I've been on a bit of a High Focus trip for a while. Jam Baxter, Dirty Dike and Leaf Dog. Not to mention The Four Owls. UK hip hop is so alive right now, I love it.
Also everyone on this track is a beast.

In fact, if any of you want a fat ton of great UK hip hop go listen to my YouTube playlist or something, faggots.
Faggots.

Clabtrap 2013 will be announced eventually, but as of now I don't think anyone knows what the fuck's going on. Go to Big Red's profile and send him a message that you want to be added to the mailing list and he should let you know when it all kicks off. For now, vote on the battles in Mark's tourney!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-22 11:23:42

Yo, I recorded something again. My prime focus in this was lyrics.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/520244?updated=1

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-22 15:53:05

At 1/20/13 07:37 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: I made a beet tape recently for any rapper who wants some beets to spit on. Right now it's not downloadable, but if you want to use one or need something extra on it, let me know yo.

http://tehslaphappy.bandcamp.com/album/beettape

any feedback is cool to know.

<3

Hey man, just checked your link out.

I really like your style, sounds like you were influenced by Large Pro? Maybe..

Anyway, im still thinking about using your "BEETS". (As im working on a mixtape).

Ill hit you up later, in the meantime, check me out sometime.

Id really like that.

sup

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-22 20:25:45

I got bored and chopped up something today. Opinions on it?

https://soundcloud.com/tehslaphappy/babychop

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-22 21:18:58

At 1/22/13 08:25 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: I got bored and chopped up something today. Opinions on it?

https://soundcloud.com/tehslaphappy/babychop

Nice work on this man, I like it alot.

Although I think you could add more variations to the Vocal cuts, and drums.

Still think its dope as hell though.

Youve gained a new follower on Soundcloud..

sup

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-23 18:16:28

At 1/23/13 05:24 AM, Reikaiser wrote: Yo.

Any people here battle without talking about people's family members?

I've heard some nice battles and then some battles that were ruined by dissing family members.

I know in battles you're meant to tear your opponent but to me it doesn't seem right, diss your opponent, not their family.

Most of the Clabtrap competition battles were free of family disses. The only reason there's so many in this new comp is because it's mainly run on facebook and people post all their personal shit up there, so it's easy pickins.

I've personally have never dissed anyone's family members in a battle, but If done right, it can be funny and intelligent. Of course, there is a line that shouldn't be crossed (such as family tragedy). If it's not in bad taste I see nothing wrong with it.

Also, a lot of people in this ongoing comp are newly acquainted and unfamiliar with each other, so their facebook page is the only research outlet for their opponents. But I get your point completely, it's really easy to diss someone's family, and sometimes it comes across as lazy.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-25 10:25:07

hey i know i aint been too active and i dont really post my better works on ng, but i need help from you all, im working on a portfolio and i wanna add this on there to show my skills of building beats around acapellas. its unfinished and i already have plans on adding some things, but id like some great suggestions if at all possible from you all since youre more experienced at this shit then me, please help me out, i almost always review back if i find the time,,

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-25 10:36:53

hey guys, also, im not really just looking for people to notice the song, you aint even gotta review, leave your opinion with what you'd add to it here and i swear ill take it into hella consideration.

anyways, im double posting cause im working on a beat for mjohnson00's competition, gonna post the battle if anyone picks it on my portfolio as well, and i need more music with MCs for my portfolio as far as producing and dj'ing go, so i need some mcs to help me out. i wanna make a central beat and dj a cypher with some mcs, if you think youre down please let me know what's up, the cypher is gonna be mainly drums, showing off my drumwork and dj work as far as scratching and switch-ups for it, so itll be oldschool.

also, i need a couple mcs for a different song too so i can show on my portfolio that i can make songs with newer instruments instead of just sampling, if anyone wants to hop on a more modern track, please let me know, thanks guys,

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-25 10:48:30

triple post; im annoying. also, if ANY mcs here have a track they can let me dj up with changes and all that good stuff, pass me the vocals and beat seperate, cause i need one of those for my portfolio too. im asking a hella lot from y'all but this is the hip hop club haha thanks guys

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-25 23:25:40

I just released my first rap song in a while called 2006.

Holla at your boi. Comments, opinions, suggestions are all welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/tehslaphappy/2006-1

Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-25 23:38:55

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-26 12:44:05

At 1/25/13 10:48 AM, bpleez wrote: triple post; im annoying. also, if ANY mcs here have a track they can let me dj up with changes and all that good stuff, pass me the vocals and beat seperate, cause i need one of those for my portfolio too. im asking a hella lot from y'all but this is the hip hop club haha thanks guys

Feel free to do whatever you want to any of my tracks homie. I'm always down for that!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-27 13:00:02

Why doesn't anybody want to rap with me :(

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-27 13:10:56

At 1/27/13 01:00 PM, Luke wrote: Why doesn't anybody want to rap with me :(

Well I know a lot of NG rappers are caught up in this battle tournament going on. As for me- I have way too many commitments right now to jump on anything new. I'm sure there are people here who would be willing to drop a verse on that cypher though; you may just have to put the word out a little more.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-27 14:42:26

At 1/25/13 10:36 AM, bpleez wrote: Something about a cypher

I'd be interested in the cypher. PM with details or whatever.

Also Luke, if you can wait a little bit I can do a verse for you. I have a shitload on my plate right now though so I can't give any guarantees as to when I'll do it by.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-28 01:18:30

Well I know a lot of NG rappers are caught up in this battle tournament going on. As for me- I have way too many commitments right now to jump on anything new. I'm sure there are people here who would be willing to drop a verse on that cypher though; you may just have to put the word out a little more.

When does Clabtrap 2013 start?

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-28 11:54:00

At 1/28/13 01:18 AM, PrometheusTheTitan wrote:
When does Clabtrap 2013 start?

Big Red said he was shooting for this summer, since there's a tournament going on right now (which will end in spring).

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-28 12:46:16

In other hip-hop shits, what artist are you guys looking forward to listening to this year?

I, personally, am stoked to hear that Killer Mike and El-P are making another album together because R.A.P. Music fucking brilliant. I'm also pumped to hear some new Danny Brown shit and Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire is coming out with a new tape in March.

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-28 17:03:45

At 1/28/13 12:46 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: In other hip-hop shits, what artist are you guys looking forward to listening to this year?

I, personally, am stoked to hear that Killer Mike and El-P are making another album together because R.A.P. Music fucking brilliant. I'm also pumped to hear some new Danny Brown shit and Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire is coming out with a new tape in March.

Slaine, Swollen Members, and Talib Kweli have some stuff coming soon that I want to check out. Plus 7L & Esoteric are teaming up with Inspektah Deck on an album- I'm anxious to hear what that sounds like.

And last but not least- FLOCKAVELI 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-01-29 06:56:49

At 1/28/13 05:03 PM, Teqneek wrote: Plus 7L & Esoteric are teaming up with Inspektah Deck on an album- I'm anxious to hear what that sounds like.

Sick.

Also I heard that Deltron 3030 is doing an album.

There's a new Four Owls album coming out soon-ish too. (A UK hip hop supergroup of sorts)