• 1,286 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
bpleez
bpleez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 02:59 AM Reply

At 12/28/12 08:42 PM, Teqneek wrote: ATTENTION PRODUCERS!!!!

heres something i did pretty quick, thought it would be good for a first round battle

• Battle Grounds Beat #1
    Battle Grounds Beat #1 by bpleez

Rap Battle Beat for the Battle Grounds competition.

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 01:35 PM Reply

At 12/30/12 02:59 AM, bpleez wrote:
At 12/28/12 08:42 PM, Teqneek wrote: ATTENTION PRODUCERS!!!!
heres something i did pretty quick, thought it would be good for a first round battle
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/516824

Thanks dude, nice job. Feel free to submit as many as you like!

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Dec. 31st, 2012 @ 03:45 PM Reply

Okay so I heard back from Tom Fulp. He said he's diggin the new name, will match the prizes from last year, and still hasn't heard back from Big Red.

I'm going to give it a week and if I don't hear anything I will begin prep work for this competition. I'll be making a new thread for BattleGrounds, and it will contain rules and guidelines for emcees and producers. Shit's about to get surryus.

PRODUCERS- SEND ME YOUR BATTLE BEATS AND I WILL MAKE YOU FAMOUS.

BattleGrounds
BattleGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 12:39 PM Reply

Check this profile for tournament info; it will be updated regularly so check back often!

Newgrounds is offering prizes to the winners of the emcee battle tournament, the producer comp, and the art comp.

Producers and artists are encouraged to start submitting now!

RRStudios
RRStudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 4th, 2013 @ 10:55 AM Reply

This place died. Lets get some Hip Hop going in here again.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 5th, 2013 @ 01:59 PM Reply

I really hope the NG hip hop scene gets more active here. This website is perfect for musicians in a lot of ways, and it's a shame that there's so little activity.

I know I've been talking about battle comps lately (btw, please upvote THIS on reddit, lol), but that's because nobody else is talking about anything up here.

We need to all work together to promote and help each other get better, and get Newgrounds poppin' again!

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 5th, 2013 @ 03:00 PM Reply

Big Red is back fellas, so Clabtrap 2013 is happening! Send all your BattleGrounds beat submissions to him!

Also, this means I can battle now. You all dead, sons.

Buujack
Buujack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 01:47 PM Reply

Crackers, I eat y'all up.

Gimme a minute! And im in it! Yo moma that is!

BBS Signature
NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 9th, 2013 @ 10:24 AM Reply

At 1/5/13 01:59 PM, Teqneek wrote: I really hope the NG hip hop scene gets more active here. This website is perfect for musicians in a lot of ways, and it's a shame that there's so little activity.

I agree, partially. The vote system is horrendously flawed (what with the zero bombings), which leads to barely any new audiences. So only the people who already know you can find you, meanwhile all the same cats get the top chart spots.

I do like the portal system though, and will continue to use it regardless. It's a really cool melting pot of artists, and generally everyone is very supportive and willing to help others improve (some exception obviously, as exemplified above...)

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 9th, 2013 @ 06:24 PM Reply

CHECK OUT OUR NEW TRACK!

• Razor-Teqneek & Fat Beats
    Razor-Teqneek & Fat Beats by Teqneek

We are superstar rap gangsters!

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity

JackRocker
JackRocker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 02:20 PM Reply

At 1/9/13 06:24 PM, Teqneek wrote: CHECK OUT OUR NEW TRACK!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/518426

Damn, dudes. Just damn.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 05:20 PM Reply

At 1/10/13 02:20 PM, JackRocker wrote:
At 1/9/13 06:24 PM, Teqneek wrote: CHECK OUT OUR NEW TRACK!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/518426
Damn, dudes. Just damn.

Thanks man, this is the perfect comment.

ShadyChap
ShadyChap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 03:58 PM Reply

Yo. New MC here.

I only started recently, but I'm getting in to it pretty quickly. Very much still searching for my flow and rap voice, but I got my first audio submission posted just now. Tell me what you think, what I should try to improve on etc.
(And yeah, I made the beat myself for my first submission, which is why it sucks. I won't be producing many of own beats in the future. lol)

• Shady Chap Intro
    Shady Chap Intro by ShadyChap

Shady's introduction rap.

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity

Also, any recommendations for a good mic?

BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 01:39 PM Reply

At 1/12/13 03:58 PM, ShadyChap wrote: Yo. New MC here.

I only started recently, but I'm getting in to it pretty quickly. Very much still searching for my flow and rap voice, but I got my first audio submission posted just now. Tell me what you think, what I should try to improve on etc.
(And yeah, I made the beat myself for my first submission, which is why it sucks. I won't be producing many of own beats in the future. lol)
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/518790
Also, any recommendations for a good mic?

Great job man, especially for a first-time effort. Keep it up homie and stay in touch with the NG hip hop community!

ShadyChap
ShadyChap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 12:53 AM Reply

At 1/13/13 01:39 PM, Teqneek wrote: Great job man, especially for a first-time effort. Keep it up homie and stay in touch with the NG hip hop community!

Coo', will do homie.

NG looks like it has a great hip hop community, with a lot of fun collab opportunities and stuff. I'm really interested in seeing the Battlegrounds competition thing too.

BBS Signature
ShadyChap
ShadyChap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 01:24 AM Reply

• Almost an insomniac
    Almost an insomniac by ShadyChap

Hold on, I'll go to sleep after this.

Score
    4.67 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity

Lookie here, a new track.

BBS Signature
TehSlapHappy
TehSlapHappy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 09:45 PM Reply

ONE OF MY FAVORITE RAPPERS, MR. MUTHAFUCKIN' EXQUIRE, FREESTYLED OVER A BEET I MADE. YESSSSSSS. WOAH.

THIS IS A BIG DEAL TO ME LOL.

http://youtu.be/3KZvkPS67J8
https://soundcloud.com/tehslaphappy/maybesomeday-mr-mfn-exqu ire

Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans

Sig by BlooHippoe.

BBS Signature
NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 12:05 PM Reply

At 1/15/13 09:45 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: ONE OF MY FAVORITE RAPPERS, MR. MUTHAFUCKIN' EXQUIRE, FREESTYLED OVER A BEET I MADE. YESSSSSSS. WOAH.

THIS IS A BIG DEAL TO ME LOL.

http://youtu.be/3KZvkPS67J8
https://soundcloud.com/tehslaphappy/maybesomeday-mr-mfn-exqu ire

Very cool!

Also, Shady Chap vs Rampant Musik.
Make it so.

ShadyChap
ShadyChap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 02:32 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 12:05 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: Also, Shady Chap vs Rampant Musik.
Make it so.

Oh daymn, that sounds like fun. Rampant is pretty beast.

I'll look in to it after finish this WIP:
http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/80878587/file.html (Beat by Crueltool.)
Trying a different style and voice in this. Is it better or should I go with the other voice? Not quite sure.
I gotta make some logos and shit too...

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 01:12 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 02:32 PM, ShadyChap wrote:
At 1/16/13 12:05 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: Also, Shady Chap vs Rampant Musik.
Make it so.
Rampant is pretty beast.

That's a joke, right?

ShadyChap
ShadyChap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 01:19 AM Reply

At 1/17/13 01:12 AM, RampantMusik wrote: That's a joke, right?

Nawww, srs bsns.

BBS Signature
ShadyChap
ShadyChap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 05:30 AM Reply

Yo, I finished this up.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/519435?updated=1

BBS Signature
ShadyChap
ShadyChap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 03:13 PM Reply

I just don't run out of shit to post, do I?

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/519484?updated=1

Tbh, I think Rampant is probably going to win. lmao
Someone's gonna have to tell me how this shit should be done, since this is gonna my first proper recorded battle.

BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 04:12 PM Reply

At 1/17/13 03:13 PM, ShadyChap wrote:
Tbh, I think Rampant is probably going to win. lmao
Someone's gonna have to tell me how this shit should be done, since this is gonna my first proper recorded battle.

Oh shit Rampant vs the new guy!

Nogginmen instigated the battle, and usually the emcee who challenges is the one who goes first. I'll flip a coin. Heads-Rampant goes first, tails- Shady goes first.

Okay it's Tails.

Alright so Shady picks a beat (with 4 verses, 16 bars each), and spits a 16 bar verse dissing Rampant. Then Rampant fires back with a 16, and so on until each emcee has 2 verses. Then it gets posted up here and goes to judging for about a week, and then you guys are famous battle rappers and get all the money and women!

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 04:17 PM Reply

BTW- our new track is on fire right now for some reason, which is awesome! I never had a song get over 2,000 listens in a 24 hour period, and it looks like it might happen since this was only at like 200 yesterday.

Check it out and leave some feedback!

• Razor-Teqneek & Fat Beats
    Razor-Teqneek & Fat Beats by Teqneek

We are superstar rap gangsters!

Score
    3.57 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 05:16 PM Reply

At 1/17/13 04:12 PM, Teqneek wrote: Oh shit Rampant vs the new guy!

Why not? It's become somewhat of a rite of passage for newbs to defeat me ha

ShadyChap
ShadyChap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 18th, 2013 @ 06:58 AM Reply

At 1/17/13 04:12 PM, Teqneek wrote: Oh shit Rampant vs the new guy!

Nogginmen instigated the battle, and usually the emcee who challenges is the one who goes first. I'll flip a coin. Heads-Rampant goes first, tails- Shady goes first.

Okay it's Tails.

Alright so Shady picks a beat (with 4 verses, 16 bars each), and spits a 16 bar verse dissing Rampant. Then Rampant fires back with a 16, and so on until each emcee has 2 verses. Then it gets posted up here and goes to judging for about a week, and then you guys are famous battle rappers and get all the money and women!

Alright, I'm trying to decide on a beat right now... So I record 8 bars and then pass the mp3 for his next 8, right? And that adds up to 16 bars each with 8 per verse? Aight, coo'

At 1/17/13 04:17 PM, Teqneek wrote: BTW- our new track is on fire right now for some reason, which is awesome! I never had a song get over 2,000 listens in a 24 hour period, and it looks like it might happen since this was only at like 200 yesterday.

Man, you guys totally deserve it. That track was ill as fuck. Hopefully more people will now check out other tracks from you guys.

At 1/17/13 05:16 PM, RampantMusik wrote: Why not? It's become somewhat of a rite of passage for newbs to defeat me ha

Haha really? Well, let's put on a good show.

BBS Signature
ShadyChap
ShadyChap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 18th, 2013 @ 12:44 PM Reply

Okay, finished my first verse and PM'd it to ya Rampant.

I was looking through all of the 2012 Clabtrap submissions and all I gotta say is: Daymn.
I hope the new competitions come around soon. Any estimate on that?

BBS Signature
Wolfie
Wolfie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 18th, 2013 @ 01:18 PM Reply

It might be too late, but generally, you're supposed to record 16 bars, not 8.

It doesn't really matter though since your '8 bar per verse, 4 verses' method still gives you each 32 bars. its a different approach, but I'm sure Rampant can work with it.

At 1/18/13 12:44 PM, ShadyChap wrote: Okay, finished my first verse and PM'd it to ya Rampant.

I was looking through all of the 2012 Clabtrap submissions and all I gotta say is: Daymn.
I hope the new competitions come around soon. Any estimate on that?
ShadyChap
ShadyChap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Jan. 18th, 2013 @ 01:24 PM Reply

At 1/18/13 01:18 PM, Vlashxx wrote: It might be too late, but generally, you're supposed to record 16 bars, not 8.

It doesn't really matter though since your '8 bar per verse, 4 verses' method still gives you each 32 bars. its a different approach, but I'm sure Rampant can work with it.

Oh damn it, I had a feeling I missed something. lol

BBS Signature