00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

supahVEVO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans

140,194 Views | 1,361 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

This club is for the Hip Hop heads on Newgrounds. Here you can discuss, collaborate, share tips, and drop off your tracks for review.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-13 18:08:30

At 8/13/12 05:26 PM, Teqneek wrote: This club is for the Hip Hop heads on Newgrounds. Here you can discuss, collaborate, share tips, and drop off your tracks for review.

I feel like a pioneer into a new world right now.

I suppose I'll kick of proceedings by attempting once again to force you all to listen to this bullshit.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-13 21:29:04

Let's start this off with some sadness!

http://soundcloud.com/tatehansen/sixteen-bars-sampler

That's a kid I know in real life who's a rapper.

WHO ALREADY HAS A RECORD DEAL.

I can't see why.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-13 21:36:11

At 8/13/12 09:29 PM, Obsideo wrote: Let's start this off with some sadness!

I... What?

By the way Obsideo, do you have recording capabilities yet?

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-13 21:54:28

At 8/13/12 09:36 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
I... What?

By the way Obsideo, do you have recording capabilities yet?

I do! I just dropped like $1300 (828.62 pounds, you Brit) on new musical equipment.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-13 21:55:18

At 8/13/12 09:29 PM, Obsideo wrote:

Hahaha come on man, you gotta be kidding me! What did he blackmail a record exec or something?

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-13 22:19:58

At 8/13/12 09:55 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 8/13/12 09:29 PM, Obsideo wrote:

Hahaha come on man, you gotta be kidding me! What did he blackmail a record exec or something?

Well he's signed to Sack Rome records, which has less than 200 fans on Facebook. Also, I couldn't even find it on Google.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-13 22:57:56

At 8/13/12 10:19 PM, Obsideo wrote: Well he's signed to Sack Rome records, which has less than 200 fans on Facebook. Also, I couldn't even find it on Google.

That doesn't count.

It's okay guys, we don't have to kill ourselves now.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-14 14:00:29

http://soundcloud.com/tatehansen/sixteen-bars-sampler

I can't see why.

This my new favorite rapper.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-14 18:00:06

Since we're on the subject of god-awful rappers, you guys HAVE to check out this dude I used to know named Doc X. He is the worst rapper ever in the history of the universe.

He used to send me his recordings back in the day and, well, just listen to this shit.

My brother and I painstakingly analyzed and wrote his lyrics down for your enjoyment. They are in the song description, and are essential to the Doc X-perience. The entire Doc X back story is underneath the lyrics btw, just in case you were interested in how I came to know this guy.

Anyway check that shit out and let me know your thoughts. Oh yeah- I know it's hard to believe, but all his shit was written. I posted 4 Doc X tracks up on YouTube, so if you like train wrecks, check them all out.

Pimp Hand Str8

Da Return

Devil's Playground

Death of Skarekrow

This is a picture of Doc X:

Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-14 19:23:40

At 8/14/12 06:00 PM, Teqneek wrote: Since we're on the subject of god-awful rappers

Yeah my local rap scene is 99% talentless hacks. See below:

Saying there isn't much talent around here is a fucking huge understatement.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-14 22:54:50

Hello, everyone. This is Wolfie, and I'm just dropping by to introduce myself, seeing as how I don't post on the forums much.

I would also like to say that I'm open for collaborations, so if you've listened to anything I've uploaded to Newgrounds (and liked it), feel free to send a PM. I've already made a song with fellow Newgrounds user Lyrik, so you can check that out in the following link, in case you've never heard of me (or him, for that matter. He's the first guy).

I've kept up with the Clabtrap competition/thread, and despite the arguing that went on every now and then, you all seem like pretty cool people, so I hope to collaborate with some of you guys in the future.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-15 15:00:13

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-15 17:25:06

Awww sheeeeit, we've officially begun working on tracks for Problem Child! Hopefully it won't take 5 years for the album to get done, but so far we're on a decent pace to put it out this year. In the meantime I'll be doing some solo work and collabs with various rapsmiths.

Also, thanks for posting your tracks and stuff fellas, I'm gonna check some of them out tonight. And don't be afraid to socialize here; we're expecting this to be much more than just a link dump.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-15 21:14:18

At 8/15/12 08:03 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote: Kill Bill Presents: The Knuckle Up 2012 Super Happy Funtime Megamix (For Winners)

That cover is so amazing it shouldn't even be allowed. Like, it's just unfair to everyone else.

Off too Australia in a few hours to punch Pigpen in the nuts.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-15 21:51:21

At 8/15/12 09:14 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
At 8/15/12 08:03 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote: Kill Bill Presents: The Knuckle Up 2012 Super Happy Funtime Megamix (For Winners)
That cover is so amazing it shouldn't even be allowed. Like, it's just unfair to everyone else.

Off too Australia in a few hours to punch Pigpen in the nuts.

When you do it, can you say "Teqneek sends his regards BITCH!!!!!!" ?

Also, have a safe trip, and try not to get eaten by any of that ridiculous wildlife.

Yo Kill Bill, I noticed a (unless it was intentional) typo on your megamix cover; it says "KUNCKLE"!!!!!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-15 21:55:40

FYI: bad rappers are everywhere. They aren't exclusive to any one city. Although some of theseexamples are pretty terrible.

~Mike~

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-15 23:23:31

So I've been broadening my horizons when it comes to hip hop, I'm mainly listening to jazz orientated stuff right now, stuff like Guru's Jazzmatazz, Funky DL, Buckshot LeFonque and Fela Soul. Does anybody know any jazz hip hop they can recommend? It would be appreciated, I'm always up for hearing a new artist or style.

Make sure to check Fela Soul if you haven't before by the way, it's where someone has mixed early De La Soul tracks with songs by the famous saxaphone player Fela Kuti. Good stuff right there.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-15 23:30:19

At 8/15/12 11:23 PM, Dromedary wrote: Does anybody know any jazz hip hop they can recommend? It would be appreciated, I'm always up for hearing a new artist or style.

Make sure to check Fela Soul if you haven't before by the way, it's where someone has mixed early De La Soul tracks with songs by the famous saxaphone player Fela Kuti. Good stuff right there.

The Pharcyde, Digable Planets, Pete Rock, Tribe Called Quest, Justin Warfield etc.

I love that jazzy stuff.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-16 02:04:18

I just bought a Pastor Troy album. I have to say he's one of the best hardcore rappers out there.

Also I got a sample of a Hip Hop Mixtape from a group of kids up in Vancouver off one of my friends who's a producer. There is this one kid called "Pepsi Bust" who sounds like a young Twista, but he don't have the flow and can just mumble off into an unknown abyss until the next verse.

Expect something from this kid, his real name is Duncan Milne I beleive.

Tox isn't allowed to come or I'm not going-Suprememessage

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-16 04:15:55

man im already ready for the 2013 clabtrap cant we have a 2012 2.0 edition ;P glad to see yall are keeping this community going all of you guys are legit and bring a special flavor to the rap game hope to see more beastly tracks from you all!

The feeling of loseing when you gave it your best is a great dissapointment but not trying at all and giveing up makes you the greatest dissapointment of all!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-16 07:38:14

At 8/16/12 04:15 AM, AoKoMo wrote: man im already ready for the 2013 clabtrap cant we have a 2012 2.0 edition ;P glad to see yall are keeping this community going all of you guys are legit and bring a special flavor to the rap game hope to see more beastly tracks from you all!

Check out mjohnson00.newgrounds.com He's been running a diss track competition, we're approaching the finals. Also, be on the lookout for my KOTD debut.

~Mike~

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-16 09:09:45

Wyze's Diss Track:

TK's Diss Track:

Guys, this is the semi-finals of DTT, if you all could leave a vote and drop your knowledge, it'd be appreciated greatly. Thanks!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-16 14:26:28

At 8/15/12 11:30 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 8/15/12 11:23 PM, Dromedary wrote: Does anybody know any jazz hip hop they can recommend? It would be appreciated, I'm always up for hearing a new artist or style.

The Pharcyde, Digable Planets, Pete Rock, Tribe Called Quest, Justin Warfield etc.

I love that jazzy stuff.

Also check out DJ Krush and Black Star. I wouldn't exactly call them jazzy, but they're along the same lines as the examples you provided.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-16 18:25:01

At 8/16/12 02:26 PM, JackRocker wrote:
At 8/15/12 11:30 PM, Teqneek wrote:

I love that jazzy stuff.
Also check out DJ Krush and Black Star. I wouldn't exactly call them jazzy, but they're along the same lines as the examples you provided.

Nujabes might also be worth checking out, too, I think. I'm not too informed on him, but the few stuff I've heard were good, and he sounds like what you're looking for.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-16 21:19:11

At 8/14/12 06:00 PM, Teqneek wrote: Since we're on the subject of god-awful rappers, you guys HAVE to check out this dude I used to know named Doc X. He is the worst rapper ever in the history of the universe.

Wow, this makes me look not completely terrible.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-16 21:38:52

At 8/16/12 09:19 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 8/14/12 06:00 PM, Teqneek wrote: Since we're on the subject of god-awful rappers, you guys HAVE to check out this dude I used to know named Doc X. He is the worst rapper ever in the history of the universe.

Sometimes my friends and I will get drunk, blast Doc X songs, and sing the lyrics word for word. After hearing the songs hundreds of times, I'm starting to believe he was actually a genius.

Da Return is probably his most ridiculous track if you've never heard Doc X before, but Pimp Hand Str8 is his masterpiece. The lyrics are fucking bonkers.

Just saying, Doc X was an early inspiration for me.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-17 00:13:21

At 8/16/12 09:38 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 8/16/12 09:19 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 8/14/12 06:00 PM, Teqneek wrote: [Doc X] is the worst rapper ever in the history of the universe.
Just saying, Doc X was an early inspiration for me.

Actually, your original statement is wrong. He's still better than this pillock. Compared to DJ Ses, Doc's lyrics are eye opening. Yo, they make you think.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-17 02:52:51

At 8/17/12 01:50 AM, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
What a coincidence that you would bring that fool up, I just ethered him through all seven layers of his psyche via 4 minute long diss track. Should I drop it on here? :P

I have no idea who you're talking about, but yes. Definitely.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-17 03:13:12

At 8/17/12 01:50 AM, KillBillvolume2 wrote:

Should I drop it on here? :P Cuz I'm a faggit.

Well, where else would you drop it?