00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MC4HJW just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans

140,188 Views | 1,361 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-12 22:56:37

At 11/12/12 10:55 PM, Butsaay wrote:
At 11/12/12 09:13 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 11/12/12 08:40 PM, Butsaay wrote: how do I into HDC?
YOU don't. The rest of us do.
wat r u tryin 2 say. u tryna trick me?

He's trying to infer that you're a scrub. Don't worry, he does it to EVERYONE.

They say I've lost my marbles

But I got these beats

Bangin' out the back of my toy car

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-12 23:32:33

At 11/12/12 10:56 PM, exstatification wrote:
At 11/12/12 10:55 PM, Butsaay wrote:
At 11/12/12 09:13 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 11/12/12 08:40 PM, Butsaay wrote: how do I into HDC?
YOU don't. The rest of us do.
wat r u tryin 2 say. u tryna trick me?
He's trying to infer that you're a scrub. Don't worry, he does it to EVERYONE.

XST@TYK - sorry, exstatification - is just mad because my mad sexy flow dominates the beat we're going to be battling over.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-13 07:19:32

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-13 12:07:25

i just realized this is not a Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans thread
its just a corny place y'all promote ur music loool

Gimme a minute! And im in it!

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-13 17:00:05

At 11/12/12 11:32 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
XST@TYK - sorry, exstatification - is just mad because my mad sexy flow dominates the beat we're going to be battling over.

Alright bro, how about you quit ego strokin' and get down to putting up a pathetic offense that I'm sure to clean sweep, eh brother?

But I got these beats

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-13 18:00:16

THey Trying to Bury the God KD with them Proxy bombs on deck on my page.

I won.

I always win.

I invented it.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-13 18:28:08

At 11/13/12 05:00 PM, exstatification wrote:
At 11/12/12 11:32 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
Alright bro, how about you quit ego strokin' and get down to putting up a pathetic offense that I'm sure to clean sweep, eh brother?

My lines are down: I just need to find time to record them in between school and the four projects I'm currently scoring.

Besides, if nobody else strokes my ego, of course I have to do it myself.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-13 20:15:55

At 11/13/12 06:28 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
My lines are down: I just need to find time to record them in between school and the four projects I'm currently scoring.

Besides, if nobody else strokes my ego, of course I have to do it myself.

Doesn't mean you should... It's like public masturbation, only select people are capable of making it look good.

But I got these beats

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-14 18:56:32

hey yo hip hopping rap flowing peeps :D
i got this piano beat on my page, of which i would love to get some vocals on.
and since i don't have a microphone myself i thought "hey i can just submit a topic on audio forum and see what happens"
it's simply called Piano beat (preview)
so if any of you could be interested in a co-op on the track, please respond or throw me a PM or whatever.
i still got the project on my computer so, their is a possibility of adjusting the beat if necessary
- best regards.
Ace Jack Lind
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/508490

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-15 22:46:34

Apparently my earlier post didn't go through, so let's try this again:
AoKoMo: glad you enjoyed my battle.

Luke: I'd be open to you rejoining HDC.

Everybody else: What are your criteria when judging battles? Do you value personals the most? Flow, delivery? Do you have a points system? I'm curious where everybody's votes come from.

~Mike~

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-15 23:09:01

At 11/15/12 10:46 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: Apparently my earlier post didn't go through, so let's try this again:

Everybody else: What are your criteria when judging battles? Do you value personals the most? Flow, delivery? Do you have a points system? I'm curious where everybody's votes come from.

Flows, personals, and flips, personally, and it's all on intuition. I would have a point system, but I'm just straight up lazy lol

But I got these beats

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-15 23:54:37

At 11/15/12 10:46 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: Apparently my earlier post didn't go through, so let's try this again:

Man, people just fly by the crap in the seat of their pants. Folks don't know how to vote around here.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-16 12:59:52

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-16 20:48:48

At 8/13/12 05:26 PM, Teqneek wrote: This club is for the Hip Hop heads on Newgrounds. Here you can discuss, collaborate, share tips, and drop off your tracks for review.

Hey i just got a few questions and I dont know who to ask.

-Does ClabTrack Competitionpresent Written Battles or Freestyle Battles?

-How long does one battle usually take?

-What are the entering rules for the competition? (Such as age and schedule flexibility..)

-Where can I find more quick information on the 2013 ClabTrack Competition?

Sorry to bother you with this man
Thanks

-Tha Phonix-

sup

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-16 21:36:35

At 11/16/12 08:48 PM, KleptoidKat wrote:
Hey i just got a few questions and I dont know who to ask.

-Does ClabTrack Competitionpresent Written Battles or Freestyle Battles?

They're written battles.

-How long does one battle usually take?

Each MC has 3 days to submit their verse. There's a total of four 16 bar verses, and each MC does 2 verses. So the battle process normally will take 12 days, then it gets uploaded for voting. I'm not quite sure how long voting stays open.

-What are the entering rules for the competition? (Such as age and schedule flexibility..)

You need to submit a hype track (a song introducing yourself and letting your fellow combatants that you're gonna beat everyone's asses and win the comp.), and your schedule needs to be open enough that you're certain you'll be able to get your verses in on time. Not sure about age.

-Where can I find more quick information on the 2013 ClabTrack Competition?

PM Big Red

I think the last contest started in March , so this next one should be around the same time next year.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-16 21:44:17

At 11/16/12 09:36 PM, Teqneek wrote:
I think the last contest started in March , so this next one should be around the same time next year.

I'm personally hoping for an earlier start... Like January or some shit idk

But I got these beats

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-17 01:47:31

Hey guys. Just wanted to share my group, Prime Example, with you all. We're a 4 man hip hop collective out of Buffalo, NY. We are all emcee's and we all produce as well. Everything is original. We just posted our first music video today, it's off our upcoming debut EP, "Modern Marvels". If you wanna check it out and let me know what you think, thatd be awesome. Constructive criticism is just as appreciated as compliments. Here's the link to the video, and also a link to our official website.

Prime Example - Superhero (Music Video)

Prime Example's Website

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-17 11:04:33

I'm just sayin', if anyone wants some kind of dubstep/grime rap thing goin', come talk to me about some dubstep backing tracks.

But I got these beats

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-17 15:24:39

At 11/17/12 01:47 AM, DaRk wrote: Prime Example - Superhero (Music Video)

I enjoyed that song, I found myself relating to some of the lyrics aha

The video quality is LOOOWWWWW though.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-18 04:26:15

At 11/17/12 03:24 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
At 11/17/12 01:47 AM, DaRk wrote: Prime Example - Superhero (Music Video)
I enjoyed that song, I found myself relating to some of the lyrics aha

The video quality is LOOOWWWWW though.

Thanks for the compliment on the song! But the video was shot in HD, keep in mind if you're watching on your phone or a tablet that you need to be on wifi otherwise 3G wont give you the quality. It should be fine off of the computer. I just watched the video in 720p haha.

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-18 09:35:51

At 11/18/12 04:26 AM, DaRk wrote: Thanks for the compliment on the song! But the video was shot in HD, keep in mind if you're watching on your phone or a tablet that you need to be on wifi otherwise 3G wont give you the quality. It should be fine off of the computer. I just watched the video in 720p haha.

Turns out I had the default set to 360 because my internet blows. That explains it, aha. Keep comin' back with more stuff man.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-18 11:39:14

At 11/18/12 09:35 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
Turns out I had the default set to 360 because my internet blows. That explains it, aha. Keep comin' back with more stuff man.

Haha i had the same problem before I figured that out. Thanks bro!

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-18 21:28:20

And another one. Check out Cy Young! New hot track from the Dopamine Knights.

Hope you guys like it!

Yay, more jokes!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-19 03:17:05

At 11/15/12 10:46 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: Everybody else: What are your criteria when judging battles? Do you value personals the most? Flow, delivery? Do you have a points system? I'm curious where everybody's votes come from.

Because of my lack of knowledge in battles, I try to stay away from voting. I don't listen to battles much, so who am I to cast a vote on battles?

However, when I do vote, I rate lyrics first. If they're relevant to their opponent and not just generic "you suck"/"you're gay" insults, then I'll probably think it's a decent verse. If both rappers got great lyrics, then that's where their delivery comes in. If they both sound engaged in the battle, then I judge their flow. Whoever has that would probably win (and if both rappers are equal in all three categories, then jeez, I wouldn't know how to vote lol)

No point system though. I just pay attention to the lyrics (or rewrite them if necessary) and judge after a few days of listening.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-19 11:52:21

All this talk of battles, CHECK OUT DIS NEW ONE!

THE AMZAING MILKDUD ON THE BEATZ!

FAT BEATS VS BRYON, SHIT!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-19 11:58:45

At 11/19/12 11:52 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: All this talk of battles, CHECK OUT DIS NEW ONE!

THE AMZAING MILKDUD ON THE BEATZ!

FAT BEATS VS BRYON, SHIT!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/511832

that sounds dope.

currently working on a new beat again. more modern this time!

MUSIC IS LIFE!

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-19 16:27:39

At 11/19/12 11:52 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: All this talk of battles, CHECK OUT DIS NEW ONE!

This is fixed now...

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-19 16:49:08

At 11/15/12 10:46 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: What are your criteria when judging battles? Do you value personals the most? Flow, delivery? Do you have a points system? I'm curious where everybody's votes come from.

Someone can have the best lyrics in the world, but if they can't rap, I won't vote for them. There's a bunch of people who have won battles, yet they can't rap on beat to save their lives. I don't understand that. If you can't ride a beat, then you have no business battling (at least in the format we use). This isn't a text battle, it's a rap battle.

The key word, for me, is rap. You HAVE to flow correctly to win. Of course, in order to win, you need good lyrics too. But flow comes first and foremost because if you can't deliver your lyrics properly then I can't take you seriously as a rapper.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-19 20:42:13

At 11/19/12 04:49 PM, Teqneek wrote: Someone can have the best lyrics in the world, but if they can't rap, I won't vote for them.

I lose on both lyrics and rap.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-11-19 20:53:52

At 11/19/12 08:42 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 11/19/12 04:49 PM, Teqneek wrote: Someone can have the best lyrics in the world, but if they can't rap, I won't vote for them.
I lose on both lyrics and rap.

Don't sell yourself short Rampant. Your rap skill has been steadily improving since Clabtrap. I look forward to your next battle. Who's your victim btw?