00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

XToriToriX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ngadm '12: Round 1

36,036 Views | 418 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 05:37:23

Hey, welcome to the official NG Audio Deathmatch 2012 thread for the first round of the competition! Haven't heard of the NGADM? Go here!

Now, before any of this gets started, READ THE RULES. Seriously, READ THEM. They're the most updated version and include stuff that wasn't included before now, like the schedule and prizes. Yes, PRIZES.

Oh and, auditions and sign-ups are now closed. It is too late to join the competition, BUT zelazon is organising a runner-up competition in a similar layout. He's looking for judges right now so if you're interested in that, feel free to tell zelazon. Otherwise, keep an eye on the audio forum because there may very well be zelazon's runner-up NGADM showing up!

Let's get started:

First off, remember that this competition is a knockout competition. It started with the auditions phase, in which the panel of six judges (Step, BrokenDeck, Buoy, Back-From-Purgatory, Breed and SkyeWintrest) listened to a whopping 192 auditions. Unfortunately, since Echo's currently having the time of his life in Rome, he couldn't pitch in with his results like he usually does.

After much discussion and caffeine products, here's a neat alphabetised list of the 32 artists taking part in the competition!

acmeDyne
BenjaminTibbetts
Blackhole12
BlazingDragon
Bosa
C-Storm
camoshark
CheckeredZebra
Demon-Slayer12
EbonHawk7X
FairSquare
Garoad
HighBallers
Jimmypig
jpbear
Kirbyfemur
Kor-Rune
MainStreamBeats
midimachine
MtM0201
NeXsard
NorskeDrittsekk
OpenLight
RampantMusik
RetromanOMG
samulis
td6d
TheBenjerman
TiKRuy
TroisNyxEtienne
Waterflame
XsakuX

If you didn't make it in, don't be hard on yourself. There were some immensely talented artists who didn't make it through, and some people were REALLY close to making it in, but in the end with 196 auditions, it's incredibly hard to get in. This is an annual competition so there's always next year, and we're strongly considering allowing 64 participants next year too! Remember that you can always look into zelazon's runner-up NGADM, to be a judge or take part. Otherwise, you can be a backup judge for this NGADM and cover for when the main judges can't make it. PM me for more info!

If you did make it in, congratulations! You've got a hell of a challenge ahead of you. Round 1 has started. You've been pitted against another opponent who made it in and you and your opponent have got till 15th August at 11:59 PM NG Time to make one track each (schedule found here). These tracks will be scored by the judges and the person whose track has the highest score makes it to the next round! During the two weeks of the next round, expect a review by each judge showing up on your song page.

NOTE: if for some reason you find out that you can't make a song in time, then tell me. You can be replaced by someone else who didn't make it into the competition.

Without further ado, here are the pairings, hand-picked by the judges this year!

camoshark vs TheBenjerman
samulis vs Bosa
RampantMusik vs BenjaminTibbetts
CheckeredZebra vs C-Storm
acmeDyne vs Kor-Rune
Kirbyfemur vs midimachine
Demon-Slayer12 vs HighBallers
TroisNyxEtienne vs NorskeDrittsekk
FairSquare vs Waterflame
BlazingDragon vs MtM0201
jpbear vs Blackhole12
MainstreamBeats vs XsakuX
Jimmypig vs OpenLight
TiKRuy vs NeXsard
EbonHawk7X vs Garoad
td6d vs RetromanOMG

Recap: If you're one of the 32 participants who made it through, then get a song done before 15th August. Good luck!

I'd also like to thank:
Artist-Lost for the considerably awesome logo down there at the bottom.
Kirbyfemur for keeping an on-going list of auditions.
Acid-Paradox, a backup judge, for covering for half of Buoy's list, since Buoy had to go abroad in the middle of the audition period.
Back-From-Purgatory for deleting duplicate posts and ensuring that each audition in the thread is the most up-to-date.
BrokenDeck for tabulating the results.
All the judges for judging everything, helping me sort out the ties, pairings and getting everything done very efficiently.
Every person who auditioned!

That's about it. If you have any questions, suggestions, or death threats, please PM Echo or me and we'll see what we can do!

May the odds be ever in your favour!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Ngadm '12: Round 1

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 05:45:03

well good luck everyone. i didn't make it :( but i will defenitly try it again next year

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 05:47:13

Aw snap, I messed up and I knew it; now I gotta wait a whole year again.

Damn

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 05:48:44

Now, that's what I'm talking about. I didn't make it in '10 or '11, so third time's the charm, lol.

Oh, and good luck, td6d.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 06:13:06

At 8/1/12 05:48 AM, RetromanOMG wrote: Now, that's what I'm talking about. I didn't make it in '10 or '11, so third time's the charm, lol.

Oh, and good luck, td6d.

congrats on getting in. I'm still really curious of what the judge found of my song but I think that I will never gonna know that

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 06:25:44

aww... Well better luck next time.

I'm also curious to why my entry was below standards as well.. but the other 100+ who didn't make it probably want to know the same. Oh well good luck to those who got through!

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 06:27:07

Let the bloodbath begin!

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 06:29:17

Congrats to all the finalists! Give us listeners the best 10 weeks of music Newgrounds has ever seen/heard!!!

lol fuk u

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 07:05:28

Kirbyfemur vs. midimachine.

Hm Mod-Death-Match right there.

Maybe the loser has to clean out the audio approvals! :P

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 07:10:10

At 8/1/12 05:48 AM, RetromanOMG wrote: Now, that's what I'm talking about. I didn't make it in '10 or '11, so third time's the charm, lol.

Oh, and good luck, td6d.

Thanks bro, first timer here.
Good luck to you too, this should be fun! :]

**gurgle... sputter.. huuuurrrlll**

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 07:19:05

Samulis vs. Bosa? This is going to be good. >:D

Good luck everyone!

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 14:27:12

Bummer, didn't cut it again. Now where do I sign up as a back-up judge?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 14:31:16

Welp, time to kill myself.

Before that happens, though, I wanna say good luck to those who made it in. Unfortunately, as they are clearly better artists than me I cannot, in good faith, do that.

womp womp wooooomp.

Really though, I'm excited to see how this competition turns out. The chips have fallen, and good luck to everyone in the bracket: out of all the submissions you guys got chosen - which is already saying a lot. Let the games begin!

domestic violence can be funny too!

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 14:35:28

WHAT THE FUCK!!!! I wasted my fucking time doing that song, I did it specifially for the contest! Maybe next god damn year.....................

Congrats to Demon-Slayer12 though. I always liked his music.

"Oh my god, JC, a bomb!"

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 14:43:41

Alright I made it in! Best of luck Jimmypig.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 14:49:13

Awww yeah, I'm in!

Good luck to everyone, and death to TheBenjerman!

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 14:49:31

If you didn't make it in, don't be hard on yourself. There were some immensely talented artists who didn't make it through, and some people were REALLY close to making it in, but in the end with 196 auditions, it's incredibly hard to get in. This is an annual competition so there's always next year, and we're strongly considering allowing 64 participants next year too! Remember that you can always look into zelazon's runner-up NGADM, to be a judge or take part. Otherwise, you can be a backup judge for this NGADM and cover for when the main judges can't make it. PM me for more info!

Well, after reading the quote above, I suppose I shouldn't feel too bad. Just hate that it's gonna be another year. Oh well. Anybody know any other audio contests planned in the mean time?

"Oh my god, JC, a bomb!"

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 14:57:18

samulis vs Bosa

Samulis' greatest nightmare!!!

TroisNyxEtienne vs NorskeDrittsekk

Friend turns foe... Alright here we go! Bring it on!

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 15:14:20

ooh, good luck to TroisNyxEtienne, everyelse and best luck to Samulis

sorry for double post

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 15:19:03

I ain't even mad. Best of luck to all of you who made it in!

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 15:24:49

At 8/1/12 05:37 AM, Step wrote:
Kirbyfemur

Mother......

Kirbyfemur vs midimachine

...of god....

This will definitely be fun! :D

Good luck to everyone! Now that i've gotten in this time, lets see if i can't last beyond the initial round lol

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 15:38:29

I got the email saying I got a PM from you about NGADM...I was stoked thinking I made it in...now I am broken, I am ;.;

Hahaha, best of luck to you all. Have fun.

-CowardlyLion (SoundCloud)

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 15:47:59

Awww rats :(

Better luck next year I suppose!

I'll enter the loser's bracket if they start it hahahaha

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 16:07:11

At 8/1/12 05:37 AM, Step wrote: RampantMusik vs BenjaminTibbetts

Ah, well... at least I'll get to enjoy being in the competition for the first two weeks! :P

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 16:41:49

EbonHawk7X

Fuck_yeah.jpg

EbonHawk7X vs Garoad

...Who?
*Checks out Garoad's page*
Challenge accepted.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 17:08:22

Oh well. I knew with almost 200 entries, the chances of mine being picked out from the bunch was very less. There were many other talented artists as well but the fact they couldn't make it shows how tight the auditions were. But it doesn't hurt to try right?

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 18:00:25

congrats everyone who made it:]

I might try again next year, I'll be a whole year better (as will everyone else, I just need to try to work harder.>>)

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 18:22:48

Well, I should have put a more recent song up for this audition, and TBH I wasn't even expecting to get in.
So many people here have talent. Good luck to all of you.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 18:44:56

I'm going to file an appeal

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-01 18:50:10

Well, seems like I didn't make it through... but whatever.

Congrats and good luck to those who made it through, I guess!

BBS Signature