00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MovementalStudio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ngadm '12: Round 1

35,839 Views | 418 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 01:21:17

At 8/10/12 01:13 AM, RampantMusik wrote: Is it just a thematic similarity, or is it blatantly a midi/tracker rip?

I listened to both tracks and they are exactly the same as far as I can tell. Like, not just a MIDI rip, but posting the someone else's finished mp3.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 01:23:13

At 8/10/12 01:13 AM, RampantMusik wrote: I won't put him down as DQ'ed on my news post just yet, even though the evidence has been presented; we should hear what (if anything) he has to say in his defense.

I agree. Although the physical evidence is overwhelming and the similarities between the two songs are indistinguishably identical, he does deserve a say in this. But if he has nothing to say, then I'll let the evidence speak for itself.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 01:55:49

Huh. Makes you wonder just how many of his songs are actually his.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 01:59:06

This will be interesting. I only have one piece that fits into the NGADM rules and I get back to my studio ON the 15th, so that might be my only option to be a competition piece...

Well I guess we'll see if I can rig some sort of a temp mobile setup with the laptop while I'm away. If not I'll submit that piece.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 01:59:15

"One of 3 disqualified tracks for Assembly 2012." HMM I WONDER WHY.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 02:12:16

At 8/10/12 01:59 AM, midimachine wrote: "One of 3 disqualified tracks for Assembly 2012." HMM I WONDER WHY.

Well at least our battle will be 100% legitimate... right... right?

Luckily though, if we do find out that it is no doubt not his, then we can probably get one of the peoples who where close to entering to take his place right?

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 02:22:48

At 8/10/12 02:12 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 8/10/12 01:59 AM, midimachine wrote: "One of 3 disqualified tracks for Assembly 2012." HMM I WONDER WHY.
Well at least our battle will be 100% legitimate... right... right?

Luckily though, if we do find out that it is no doubt not his, then we can probably get one of the peoples who where close to entering to take his place right?

Would that match-up be given an extension, though? It hardly seems fair to let another qualifying track into the competition, then give that composer only 5 days to create an entry.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 02:26:27

Would that match-up be given an extension, though? It hardly seems fair to let another qualifying track into the competition, then give that composer only 5 days to create an entry.

I don't think that would be fair to OpenLight. I'm sure he wants to move on to round two like everyone else. And besides, you would have to extend every match that OpenLight is assigned to. It would be very stressful.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 02:36:31

At 8/10/12 02:12 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Well at least our battle will be 100% legitimate... right... right?

hamstercake is my alt just sayin'

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 02:59:05

At 8/10/12 02:26 AM, Bosa wrote:
I don't think that would be fair to OpenLight. I'm sure he wants to move on to round two like everyone else. And besides, you would have to extend every match that OpenLight is assigned to. It would be very stressful.

But there's no need to do that, though. Everyone else's submission will still be due August 15th - as will OpenLight's - and the judges can proceed to review those battles during the deliberation week. If OpenLight's competitor can get that week (or most of that week) as an extension, the judges will only have to make a decision on that one battle (which they should be able to do in a day or two); the rest of the contest should be able to continue to schedule.

It would be sacrificing one evening of the judges' time to be a little more fair to the stand-in. After all, it wouldn't be his or her fault if Norske was disqualified, and, again, when we've all had two weeks to work on our entries, it's hardly fair to give the stand-in only a few days.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 03:58:46

At 8/10/12 12:37 AM, Bosa wrote: NorskeD's submission was stolen from 'Awezoom' (Victor Vergara). The original song is called 'Ancient Stories Part 2' and you can find it HERE on Awezoom's soundcloud set. Look for a song called 'Ancient Stories 2 The Green Valley'

damnitall to fuck

How did you find that though? Just curious.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 06:14:12

OpenLight? You mean me? Because Norske is pitted against me.

And........ good heavens.......

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 06:32:19

No way, I don't believe it. He has a collab with Wurfel-Waffles. Unless Wurfel-Waffles is in on it too, clearly he knows how to make his own music. So why steal something?

I'm giving him a day for an explanation. If he can't prove that what he posted is his, then he's getting disqualified and if TroisNyxEtienne is alright with it, I'll see if I can get someone who auditioned but didn't make it in to take his place, provided s/he can make a track in a few days. He'll probably get disqualified anyway since the track on SoundCloud is a year old right? Definitely not something he did in the two-week period.

This escalated from a soap opera to an all-out drama :(.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 06:45:04

At 8/10/12 06:32 AM, Step wrote: I'm giving him a day for an explanation. If he can't prove that what he posted is his, then he's getting disqualified and if TroisNyxEtienne is alright with it, I'll see if I can get someone who auditioned but didn't make it in to take his place, provided s/he can make a track in a few days.

I'll let Norske explain himself, and if it has to come to a DQ, I'll be okay with another opponent provided (s)he can finish the track in a few days. Still, my concern is how balanced this round is going to be, so if an opponent must be picked, pick him or her well, please.

This escalated from a soap opera to an all-out drama :(.

Was I right in stopping the soap opera? :/

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 07:35:29

At 8/10/12 06:14 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
OpenLight? You mean me?

No, just OpenLight. His competitor would be given more time. You're getting a pretty good deal out of this..

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 07:42:06

mm this all doesn't sound verry well i hope it get fixed soon. because a soap in a competition is something u don't want to happend.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 07:44:13

At 8/10/12 07:35 AM, Buoy wrote:
At 8/10/12 06:14 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: OpenLight? You mean me?
No, just OpenLight. His competitor would be given more time. You're getting a pretty good deal out of this..

Good deal or no good deal, I didn't even see any of this coming....

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 07:54:18

or u let the new competitor uses his newest track for the NGADM

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 07:56:49

Also there's no reason to reschedule everything to give the stand-in a better shot. Whoever it did originally not make it to the first round, and 5 days is much better than nothing. Same as if someone were to drop out.

At 8/10/12 06:32 AM, Step wrote: No way, I don't believe it. He has a collab with Wurfel-Waffles. Unless Wurfel-Waffles is in on it too,

unlikely

He'll probably get disqualified anyway since the track on SoundCloud is a year old right? Definitely not something he did in the two-week period.

The only other alternative is that the Spanish guy has a time machine.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 08:01:30

At 8/10/12 07:56 AM, Buoy wrote: Also there's no reason to reschedule everything to give the stand-in a better shot. Whoever it did originally not make it to the first round, and 5 days is much better than nothing. Same as if someone were to drop out.

100% true this artist has to be thank full to get into the next round just by luck

The only other alternative is that the Spanish guy has a time machine.

I doubt that he have that ;)

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 08:51:42

At 8/10/12 12:37 AM, Bosa wrote: Just thought I would point this out...

NorskeD's submission was stolen from 'Awezoom' (Victor Vergara). The original song is called 'Ancient Stories Part 2' and you can find it HERE on Awezoom's soundcloud set. Look for a song called 'Ancient Stories 2 The Green Valley'

The original song was in Fasttracker's .xm file format, which can be downloaded or played back with Winamp. You can find the .xm file HERE

Well. That killed my "ooh, this is a really cool song, how the hell did he make it in so short a time" feeling.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 10:01:13

At 8/10/12 07:54 AM, ForeverBound wrote:

or u let the new competitor uses his newest track for the NGADM

Sounds fair, unless his newest track was submitted into the NGADM auditions in the first place.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 10:11:15

I see no problem with making someone write a piece in five days... in fact, these things should only give you a week honestly. Anyone who needs more needs to either learn to use their DAW correctly or move to Hollywood already because the stuff they're making is so perfectly produced. XD

I'm rather skeptical on the whole Nortte thing... I believe that someone either set it up (i.e. hacked his account and changed the uploaded file without him knowing) or the xm project was stolen from him at some point during assembly and some jealous competitor decided it would be a fun joke.

Also, I believe it is his birthday (at least on skype)... maybe someone who knows how to hack things wanted to play a Birthday prank.

If he did steal it, then I'll be darned... never expected that... but I guess I'll never learn his amazing flute tricks he did in the works I KNOW he did.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 10:30:07

At 8/10/12 10:11 AM, samulis wrote: I'm rather skeptical on the whole Nortte thing... I believe that someone either set it up (i.e. hacked his account and changed the uploaded file without him knowing) or the xm project was stolen from him at some point during assembly and some jealous competitor decided it would be a fun joke.

That's a very serious prank to play and an elaborate one at that. Still, even I am skeptical myself. I know there are works that he indeed did, and I did honestly say he'd be equal competition for me simply because of how good he was.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 10:54:21

At 8/10/12 10:11 AM, samulis wrote: I see no problem with making someone write a piece in five days... in fact, these things should only give you a week honestly. Anyone who needs more needs to either learn to use their DAW correctly or move to Hollywood already because the stuff they're making is so perfectly produced. XD

Psh. Samulis, I spend a month on my really good songs. That's why I didn't enter this and instead decided to be a judge - I'd only be able to enter songs that are halfway to 2/3 done. :P

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 10:57:37

At 8/10/12 10:54 AM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
At 8/10/12 10:11 AM, samulis wrote: I see no problem with making someone write a piece in five days... in fact, these things should only give you a week honestly. Anyone who needs more needs to either learn to use their DAW correctly or move to Hollywood already because the stuff they're making is so perfectly produced. XD
Psh. Samulis, I spend a month on my really good songs. That's why I didn't enter this and instead decided to be a judge - I'd only be able to enter songs that are halfway to 2/3 done. :P

Out! Go to Hollywood and score films! You work too hard! :3

I heard that Nortte is posting an explanation soon.... we'll know how things worked then. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 11:37:39

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 11:55:00

At 8/10/12 11:37 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: And here it is... my NGADM Round 1 submission.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/498246

aww... no inside jokes? :(

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 11:58:56

At 8/10/12 11:55 AM, samulis wrote:
At 8/10/12 11:37 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: And here it is... my NGADM Round 1 submission.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/498246
aww... no inside jokes? :(

No, only tears and spills for this one, I'm afraid.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 12:05:01

If he did steal it, then I'll be darned... never expected that... but I guess I'll never learn his amazing flute tricks he did in the works I KNOW he did.

He wouldnt be the first guy, or the last. people are pretty dedicated to thiefing, sadly.
it happened to my good friend "Cycerin" here on ng aswell. someone stole his tracks and won competitions on a prodigy forum with them, reciving praise and loot for his work. even i have had imposters here and there.

the evidence is right there, imo. (but i could be wrong, ofcource.)

BBS Signature