Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 11:58:56 Reply

At 8/10/12 11:55 AM, samulis wrote:
At 8/10/12 11:37 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: And here it is... my NGADM Round 1 submission.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/498246
aww... no inside jokes? :(

No, only tears and spills for this one, I'm afraid.

Waterflame
Waterflame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 12:05:01 Reply

If he did steal it, then I'll be darned... never expected that... but I guess I'll never learn his amazing flute tricks he did in the works I KNOW he did.

He wouldnt be the first guy, or the last. people are pretty dedicated to thiefing, sadly.
it happened to my good friend "Cycerin" here on ng aswell. someone stole his tracks and won competitions on a prodigy forum with them, reciving praise and loot for his work. even i have had imposters here and there.

the evidence is right there, imo. (but i could be wrong, ofcource.)

BBS Signature
samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 12:38:32 Reply

At 8/10/12 12:05 PM, Waterflame wrote:
If he did steal it, then I'll be darned... never expected that... but I guess I'll never learn his amazing flute tricks he did in the works I KNOW he did.
He wouldnt be the first guy, or the last. people are pretty dedicated to thiefing, sadly.
it happened to my good friend "Cycerin" here on ng aswell. someone stole his tracks and won competitions on a prodigy forum with them, reciving praise and loot for his work. even i have had imposters here and there.

the evidence is right there, imo. (but i could be wrong, ofcource.)

Well, here's what he has to say for himself it seems-

http://norskedrittsekk.newgrounds.com/news/post/744969

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 12:52:47 Reply

At 8/10/12 12:38 PM, samulis wrote: Well, here's what he has to say for himself it seems-

At least I know he's honest with that post.

ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 12:54:44 Reply

True story

BBS Signature
Waterflame
Waterflame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 13:31:38 Reply

At 8/10/12 12:52 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 8/10/12 12:38 PM, samulis wrote: Well, here's what he has to say for himself it seems-

yeah, i see, and i replied to him there aswell. its good that he was honest, but lets not credit him too much, as far as i am concerened he still broke the rules.

ps: nice track :) and good luck in the competition! i dont want to drag the mood completely down here.
i just think everyone should have a fair chance at expressing creativity.
The tracks submitted so far are ace! i think i have to step up my game quite a bit. :D

BBS Signature
ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 13:45:21 Reply

yeah, i see, and i replied to him there aswell. its good that he was honest, but lets not credit him too much, as far as i am concerened he still broke the rules.

now is the question who's gonna take his place

BBS Signature
Waterflame
Waterflame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 13:57:17 Reply

At 8/10/12 01:45 PM, ForeverBound wrote:

yeah. i guess the judges / mods have to pick one of those that almost made it in! :)
worst case scenario it will have to be a win by disqualification, and move on to the next bracket.

BBS Signature
ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 14:14:54 Reply

yeah. i guess the judges / mods have to pick one of those that almost made it in! :)
worst case scenario it will have to be a win by disqualification, and move on to the next bracket.

well hopefully we know fast who's gonna take his place

BBS Signature
samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 14:16:02 Reply

At 8/10/12 01:57 PM, Waterflame wrote:
At 8/10/12 01:45 PM, ForeverBound wrote:

Not so fast... why shouldn't he be allowed to make a piece in the remaining time? Yes, he was stupid and didn't read the rules, but really? I don't think we should burden the judges with finding ANOTHER person from all 192 excellent submissions who will make a piece in 5 days and get rushed and all that jazz... Either Trois wins by default or Nortte is given a chance to try to put something original and following the rules together (as the fact that he "lost" so much time is enough of a penalty in my opinion).

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 14:25:44 Reply

At 8/10/12 02:16 PM, samulis wrote: Not so fast... why shouldn't he be allowed to make a piece in the remaining time? Yes, he was stupid and didn't read the rules, but really? I don't think we should burden the judges with finding ANOTHER person from all 192 excellent submissions who will make a piece in 5 days and get rushed and all that jazz... Either Trois wins by default or Nortte is given a chance to try to put something original and following the rules together (as the fact that he "lost" so much time is enough of a penalty in my opinion).

I agree. Norske should be given a chance, even if it's five days. I don't want to have my opponent relegated like this when there's still time to finish the submission. And if I could finish the Bullet Heaven medley in four days, I trust he can do something too.

When I said I'd need a miracle to win, I DID NOT MEAN winning by default. And ideally, by no means should it end this way.

Bosa
Bosa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 14:40:27 Reply

I read the 'clarification' a few times, and I also just read some of the new comments. Is TheZall one of Norske's alts? I am so confused right now. I have my own opinion about his clarification, but it doesn't matter. The evidence and defense is laid out, so I hope the judges come to a decision soon.

And sorry, Trois.. I don't know why I said OpenLight lol

Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength

BBS Signature
TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 14:44:05 Reply

At 8/10/12 02:40 PM, Bosa wrote: Is TheZall one of Norske's alts?

No!!!!! I'm not an alt!! silly. I'm the one which warned waffle.

Computer has no brain. DEAL WITH IT!
Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 14:52:06 Reply

Just one thing to keep in mind, which applies to any competitive activity: you respect the fucking rules or you don't get to play. Anyone who didn't learn about good sportsmanship in elementary school is welcome to read up.

This was also made pretty clear in the opening post.

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 14:59:18 Reply

I believe Trois' post before should be considered by the judges... Norske IS after all her opponent and I feel it would be best if a joint decision was come up with between the Judges, Trois, and Norske on Skype or via E-mail or PM that way we can all get back to our pieces and let this be decided by those who are truly affected by it. Norske has published his notes on the origin of the song and Trois, her opinion on how she would best see fit the continuation of the contest without disruption. With those elements, I am sure that the rest of us can all let the judges and the competitors work it out. :)

BBS Signature
BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 15:16:08 Reply

At 8/10/12 02:59 PM, samulis wrote: I believe Trois' post before should be considered by the judges...

Agreed.

While this whole thing is very confusing to me, I see one thing. The track was posted a year ago somewhere else. Norske may have indeed composed it, but it still breaks the rules in the sense that it was made before the start of NGADM '12. At least that is my limited, and very possibly flawed, understanding.

If the track turns out to be his but made a long time ago, then I say let him make something new in the time remaining. If that is okay with Trois and and judges.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 16:10:39 Reply

Guys, I officially retract Propter Te.

Although it is true that I worked the file from scratch within eight days, the melodical idea behind Propter Te long predates this year's NGADM, and Skye has made it clear that this isn't allowed. I think a full explanation for Norske's situation is due very soon, but to put it briefly, he and I have committed the same error.

So Norske and I are giving ourselves five days to come up with submissions.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 16:13:19 Reply

Just to clarify here,

The reason the song isn't accepted for the NGADM isn't because it's been reported as possibly stolen. It doesn't qualify because it breaks the following NGADM rule:

1.) If you're one of the 32 competitors, every song you post must be made from scratch in the 2 week period that you're given per round.

If Norske has agreed to submit another track in time for the deadline, then I say by all means let him do so.

However, the investigation upon his purportedly stolen track is not yet complete and I kindly ask that everyone leave that kind of discussion outside the NGADM contest and any of it's associated threads. If you have taken it upon yourself to find evidence regarding the track in question, please PM an active Audio Moderator.

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 16:34:59 Reply

Although it is true that I worked the file from scratch within eight days, the melodical idea behind Propter Te long predates this year's NGADM, and Skye has made it clear that this isn't allowed. I think a full explanation for Norske's situation is due very soon, but to put it briefly, he and I have committed the same error.

For the record, Samulis had mentioned the "no using melodical ideas previously made" (though not said exactly that way). I had said that using ideas are fine - but for the people who want an honest competition, I would say not to use actual project files that contain more than the raw idea for a song as the basis for an entry.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 16:49:31 Reply

Sorry for all the confusion. I am resubmitting Propter Te into the contest.
BrokenDeck and SkyeWinterest have cleared the air for me.

Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 17:09:57 Reply

I can't wait to listen to you guys stuff. Make it proper this time!

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 17:20:26 Reply

I've started and scrapped what I had about three times now. On the current idea, I've got about 12 bars. -_-
But now that I've settled on something, things should pick up. I hope my opponent is cooking up something good. >:)

Is anyone else as far behind as I?

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 17:24:01 Reply

At 8/10/12 05:20 PM, BlazingDragon wrote: I've started and scrapped what I had about three times now. On the current idea, I've got about 12 bars. -_-
But now that I've settled on something, things should pick up. I hope my opponent is cooking up something good. >:)

Considering I finished, scrapped and resubmitted Propter Te, I get how you feel... I even started and scrapped it once or twice when working on it, and broke down halfway.

But my concern is not about us being behind... What I'd expect is for you to be able to touch hearts like you always do.

Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 17:33:55 Reply

I am not in the NGADM, officially kicked out long ago but can I still talk about what you guys do (not the saga) like comment on what/how you guys do?

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 17:38:07 Reply

At 8/10/12 05:33 PM, Wurfel-Waffles wrote: I am not in the NGADM, officially kicked out long ago but can I still talk about what you guys do (not the saga) like comment on what/how you guys do?

By all means; I think that's what some others have been doing on this thread.

Unless someone says otherwise...
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 17:40:39 Reply

At 8/10/12 05:20 PM, BlazingDragon wrote: I've started and scrapped what I had about three times now. On the current idea, I've got about 12 bars. -_-

Yes. I made half a song, had computer problems, lost the song.. and now i can't seem to make anything decent.
So, i have nothing yet. I work fast though and i still have time. I'm gonna make it. I have to.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 17:48:24 Reply

I hadn't made any form of progress over the last 8 days, but yesterday I had a burst of inspiration and am now nearing completion.

I truly hope that TheBenjerman will be able to make something with his current setup, I don't want an unfair advantage!

Waterflame
Waterflame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 17:48:56 Reply

Im nearly done, but i think im overdoing it. its become something like a 5 genre medly mashup ranging over 5-6 minutes. i think ill have to cut some stuff out. or perhaps just start from scratch o_O

BBS Signature
acmeDyne
acmeDyne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 17:58:52 Reply

I'm right there with ya-- multiple false starts!
I bit off more than I could chew with my original idea.

Really excited to be a part of this contest. Great submissions so far, btw!

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ngadm '12: Round 1 2012-08-10 19:29:24 Reply

Here is the situation on Norske:

We've contacted Awezoom, the SoundCloud person who, one year ago, submitted the track Norske submitted who verified that he has never heard of NorskeDrittsekk or any of his aliases. The song was produced more than 10 years ago by him on his own.

Now, if Norske actually did help him (which he is denying anyway), he neglected to do two things:
1.) Credit Awezoom.
2.) Make the track within the 2-week period.

The first goes against the audio rules, the second goes against the NGADM rules, so even if he did contribute towards making the track, he's still breaking rules. If what Awezoom claims is true, he's breaking even bigger rules. He is disqualified. I am going to PM some other people who were close to making it in to the competition to take his place.

This is the final verdict which all the other judges agree on so I'd like nothing else to be said about this in the thread. If you've got further evidence for or against Norske, PM an audio moderator.

Now get to work on those submissions! :3

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature