00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

TV Series Crew

29,563 Views | 206 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

TV Series Crew 2012-05-01 12:54:29

This thread is for people to discuss their favorite series.

Here's my favorites at the moment:
Blue Mountain State
The Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
Big Bang Theory
South Park
Simpsons

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-01 16:19:31

My favorites are:

Batman Beyond
Justice League and Justice League Unlimited
Batman The Animated Series
Transformers (1980s)

" Finding originality on newgrounds is like reaching into a fishbowl and saying that you're fishing" -Natick

Check out my Reddit, dudes.

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-01 19:39:04

Need a lot of people to have shows in common for this to work, but yeah okay.

Currently airing shows I follow:
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire
Mad Men
Justified
Warehouse 13
Lost Girl
Supernatural
Community
Sons of Anarchy
The Walking Dead
Comic Book Men
Doctor Who
Primeval
Sherlock

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-01 20:03:09

At 5/1/12 07:39 PM, TheMaster wrote: Need a lot of people to have shows in common for this to work, but yeah okay.

Yeah, there's most likely going to be multiple conversations going on at once too. Could get confusing in here.

But anyway, these are the shows I still keep up to date with:
The Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
Comic Book Men

Shows I watch occasionally but don't follow closely:
Futurama
South Park
The Office
EP Daily & Reviews on the Run (Canadian shows you probably don't know)

Series I plan on watching soon:
Arrested Development (Got every episode waiting to be watched)
Big Bang Theory
Mad Men
Community
Parks and Recreation
Weeds

Series I stopped watching:
Chuck (Just have to watch the last season at some point)
Dexter (I gave up after the season before last)

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-01 20:09:36

At 5/1/12 08:03 PM, Makeshift wrote: Comic Book Men
At 5/1/12 07:39 PM, TheMaster wrote: Comic Book Men

I thought that show was over, wasn't it just like a six episode miniseries? Or was I terribly misinformed?

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-01 20:13:12

At 5/1/12 08:09 PM, Oolaph wrote: I thought that show was over, wasn't it just like a six episode miniseries? Or was I terribly misinformed?

Shit, I guess you're right. Well there's one show I can safely say I've watched every episode for.

It was like Pawn Stars with likeable people and interesting items...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-01 20:17:04

At 5/1/12 08:13 PM, Makeshift wrote: Shit, I guess you're right. Well there's one show I can safely say I've watched every episode for.

It was like Pawn Stars with likeable people and interesting items...

I know, I loved that show. I was honestly really hoping that I was wrong about it being a miniseries.

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-01 20:24:50

At 5/1/12 04:19 PM, powerdude964 wrote: My favorites are:

Batman Beyond
Justice League and Justice League Unlimited
Batman The Animated Series
Transformers (1980s)

You must really be loving HUB then, they've got 3 out of 4 of those series on regularly.

Since most shows ended/haven't started the season for this year I'm really only watching Supernatural and Eureka right now. I have to wait until June for the new season of Falling Skies to start. After that I'll just have to wait for the fall season of The Walking Dead and... crap I don't have any other shows for the fall season. Futurama and the Simpsons aren't nearly as funny anymore and everything else I used to watch isn't doing new episodes anymore. Since I don't get Showtime normally I haven't gotten to watch Dexter since about the third season.

For the lazy people;
Shows I'm watching:
Eureka (final season this summer so that won't last long)
Supernatural
Falling Skies
The Walking Dead

Shows I have some interest in:
Dexter (don't have showtime regularly)
Lost Girl

Shows I used to watch but don't release new episodes:
That list is way to long for an 8000 character limit

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-01 20:26:40

At 5/1/12 08:09 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 5/1/12 08:03 PM, Makeshift wrote: Comic Book Men
At 5/1/12 07:39 PM, TheMaster wrote: Comic Book Men
I thought that show was over, wasn't it just like a six episode miniseries? Or was I terribly misinformed?

I believe it's still awaiting renewal. The way they talked about it on TESD sounded like they were waiting to hear if they were getting a second season.

BBS Signature

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-01 20:37:22

At 5/1/12 08:26 PM, TheMaster wrote: I believe it's still awaiting renewal. The way they talked about it on TESD sounded like they were waiting to hear if they were getting a second season.

Let's hope and pray that you're right and that they do get to have a second season.

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-01 20:46:39

At 5/1/12 08:37 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 5/1/12 08:26 PM, TheMaster wrote: I believe it's still awaiting renewal. The way they talked about it on TESD sounded like they were waiting to hear if they were getting a second season.
Let's hope and pray that you're right and that they do get to have a second season.

Honestly, just go listen to TESD. Comic Book Men is just a watered down version of it. Still good, but not as good.

BBS Signature

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-02 15:11:49

Well... Big Bang Theory is one of the greatest series ever. I like that it's short and it dose not really take any time to watch it. It has great humor... never dies. My favorite character is Sheldon - genius!

I am at season 2 at the moment, but might come back to this thread to discuss more!

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-02 16:07:29

At 5/2/12 03:11 PM, uglybetty wrote: Well... Big Bang Theory is one of the greatest series ever. I like that it's short and it dose not really take any time to watch it. It has great humor... never dies. My favorite character is Sheldon - genius!

I am at season 2 at the moment, but might come back to this thread to discuss more!

Really? I like that show too!

" Finding originality on newgrounds is like reaching into a fishbowl and saying that you're fishing" -Natick

Check out my Reddit, dudes.

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-02 23:04:24

I'm hoping no one here likes Glee. I hate that show with a vengeance.

Glides is done with his post.

BBS Signature

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-03 04:37:31

At 5/2/12 11:04 PM, Glides wrote: I'm hoping no one here likes Glee. I hate that show with a vengeance.

I saw the first two seasons. In fairness, it wasn't THAT bad. Gave up on Season 3 though. It was on Sky 1, which was a pain for me to watch and I just didn't like it enough to bother.

Anyway, I don't watch many shows on television itself, I usually wait for the boxset to be released instead.

Stuff I Watch
American Dad
Ashes To Ashes
Band Of Brothers
Black Books
Family Guy
Firefly
Gavin & Stacey
Life
Life On Mars
Mad Dogs
Malcolm In The Middle
My Name Is Earl
Only Fools And Horses
Outnumbered
Prison Break
Scubs
Shameless
Skins
Spaced
Teachers
The Big Bang Theory
The Cleveland Show
The IT Crowd
The Inbetweeners
The Mentalist
The Middle
The Walking Dead
Two And A Half Men

Stuff I Still Need To See
Blackadder
Brotherhood
Extras
Generation Kill
Lie To Me
Lie To Me
Oz
Rome
Studio 60 On The Sun Set Strip
The Office
The Pacific
The Smoking Room
The Sopranos
The Wire
Tru Calling

Right now I'm making my way through the Heroes boxsets, because I never saw the show during its original run. Currently coming towards the end of the first season and loving it at the minute. Unfortunately I've heard it goes down hill fairly quickly after the first series.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-03 13:22:45

At 5/2/12 04:07 PM, powerdude964 wrote:
At 5/2/12 03:11 PM, uglybetty wrote: Well... Big Bang Theory is one of the greatest series ever. I like that it's short and it dose not really take any time to watch it. It has great humor... never dies. My favorite character is Sheldon - genius!

Really? I like that show too!

Mine too. I have only watched season one, though. Sheldon is a genius and my favorite character so far!

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-03 19:02:19

In addition to those currently airing shows I posted, here are the shows I have seen every episode of.

Angel
Ashes to Ashes
Babylon 5
Battlestar Galactica (1978)
Battlestar Galactiac (2003)
Black Books
Blackadder
Boys From The Blackstuff
Brass Eye
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Caprica
Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe
Cosmos
Crusade
Deadwood
Dollhouse
Edge of Darkness
Extras
Firefly
From The Earth To The Moon
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
Generation Kill
Hyperdrive
I'm Alan Partridge
Kings
Knowing Me, Knowing You
Life (2010)
Life On Earth
Life On Mars (UK)
Look Around You
Monkey Dust
Newswipe
Only Fools and Horses
Peep Show
Planet Earth
Planet Dinosaur
Primeval
Quatermass
Quatermass II
Quatermass and the Pit
Quatermass IV
Red Dwarf
Rome
Roots
Spaced
Star Trek TOS
Star Trek TAS
Star Trek TNG
Star Trek DS9
Star Trek VOY
Star Trek ENT
Survivors (2008)
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
That Mitchell and Webb Look
The Day Today
The Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy
The IT Crowd
The Mitchell and Webb Situation
The Pacific
The Wire
The X-Files
Torchwood
Tremors
Trigger Happy TV
Tru Calling
Veronica Mars
Wonders of the Solar System
Wonders of the Universe
You Have Been Watching

And probably more I'm forgetting because I haven't updated the www.myepisodes.com list I'm copying these from in ages.

BBS Signature

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-05 00:21:30

So I've watched about half of the first season of Arrested Development and I really, really like it. It's one of my new favourites.

Coincidentally, Teefury's shirt of the day was this today so I instantly bought it:

TV Series Crew

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-05 03:14:22

cool, I really enjoyed Breaking Bad, I had just recently caught up with it all in a week.
Walking Dead is good as always, I've been reading the comics to fill the seasonless void for now.
Games of Thrones, I have caught plenty of it, just need to rewatch some of the first season.
Archer is always funny, and has even greater cameos by some actors. Bryan Cranston being the latest one
Also, I loved Lights Out, it's a shame they had to cancel it. I was really interested with that show, shame it didn't get a lot of hype.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-05 06:40:47

At 5/5/12 03:14 AM, MrRager wrote: Walking Dead is good as always, I've been reading the comics to fill the seasonless void for now.

I am never going to read the comics. Heard they ruin and reveals stuff. Even though they have made it diffrent.

The Walking Dead is probably the most awesome series I have watched. It is like a movie and it just looks so good. That is what other series don't have.

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-05 06:57:27

I'm really not a fan of The Walking Dead. It's painfully slow, lacks any likeable characters, is incredibly predictable and doesn't have any particularly good acting. The concept of a zombie TV show is excellent, the execution is terrible.

BBS Signature

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-05 08:06:03

At 5/5/12 06:40 AM, Rawnern wrote:
At 5/5/12 03:14 AM, MrRager wrote: Walking Dead is good as always, I've been reading the comics to fill the seasonless void for now.
I am never going to read the comics. Heard they ruin and reveals stuff. Even though they have made it diffrent.

What? It makes the show so much more enjoyable. I'm always thinking, "how are they going to change it next?" because the comics and show are so different from each other. I've gotten really bored of the latest comics though, so I think I'm done reading them. The last episode of the show has me really excited for next season. I think they really fucked up with season 2, keeping us on the farm that long and just making the show drag on.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-05 11:24:40

At 5/5/12 06:57 AM, TheMaster wrote: I'm really not a fan of The Walking Dead. It's painfully slow, lacks any likeable characters, is incredibly predictable and doesn't have any particularly good acting. The concept of a zombie TV show is excellent, the execution is terrible.

I do agree that in season 2, in particular, was slow. But it seems that in season 3, it's going to be better and more action (I hope).

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-05 13:20:07

At 5/5/12 09:25 AM, Crink wrote: the other thing, has anyone watched lilyhammer? i heard it was meant to be real good, the premise is basically silvio from the sopranos in norway. probably gonna watch it soon

Yeah... it was OK in my opinion. It started good, but went bad.

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-05 15:47:25

At 5/5/12 11:24 AM, Rawnern wrote:
At 5/5/12 06:57 AM, TheMaster wrote: I'm really not a fan of The Walking Dead. It's painfully slow, lacks any likeable characters, is incredibly predictable and doesn't have any particularly good acting. The concept of a zombie TV show is excellent, the execution is terrible.
I do agree that in season 2, in particular, was slow. But it seems that in season 3, it's going to be better and more action (I hope).

Yeah, finding Sophia should not have made it the entire first half of that season. Hopefully it will get better once they go to the Prison, now that's worthy to have for the first 5 or so episodes.
Personally I think they should have found Sophia dead within the first 3 episodes, and stick on the barn for 1 or 2 episodes when Carl is healing. Then get kicked off by Hershel like in the comics, and show how desperate for food and shelter they are. Then go back to Hershel for one last hope of begging for him for salvation, and find it overrun with walkers and help Hershel and family escape.

Now that would have been better than staying on the damn farm looking for Sophia for so god damn long.

BBS Signature

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-05 15:53:22

At 5/5/12 09:25 AM, Crink wrote: - the talking dead

Yet not the walking dead?

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-05 17:48:41

At 5/5/12 03:47 PM, MrRager wrote:
At 5/5/12 11:24 AM, Rawnern wrote:
Yeah, finding Sophia should not have made it the entire first half of that season. Hopefully it will get better once they go to the Prison, now that's worthy to have for the first 5 or so episodes.
Personally I think they should have found Sophia dead within the first 3 episodes, and stick on the barn for 1 or 2 episodes when Carl is healing. Then get kicked off by Hershel like in the comics, and show how desperate for food and shelter they are. Then go back to Hershel for one last hope of begging for him for salvation, and find it overrun with walkers and help Hershel and family escape.

Now that would have been better than staying on the damn farm looking for Sophia for so god damn long.

As you say, it seems to me much better in the comics. It also seems that they only was at the farm to make the whole production much cheaper by having the film crew at one location nearly all the time. They are also using 16mm film. An excuse for that is they want to make it more grainy. I do not see the idea with that. Sometimes I just think the picture looks awful.

Btw, do you think they might move to the city because the zombies are staring to get attracted to the good 'old country?

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-05 20:51:07

At 5/5/12 05:48 PM, Rawnern wrote:
As you say, it seems to me much better in the comics. It also seems that they only was at the farm to make the whole production much cheaper by having the film crew at one location nearly all the time. They are also using 16mm film. An excuse for that is they want to make it more grainy. I do not see the idea with that. Sometimes I just think the picture looks awful.

Ah, well that makes sense, they are on a limited budget, but still. Camera is okay, but you're right it could be a bit better.

Btw, do you think they might move to the city because the zombies are staring to get attracted to the good 'old country?

Well, assuming they are still on the track of the comics, they did pan out to the Prison. That is where they are going to stay next for a bit. Now that is worth having the next season stay mostly at, as there's more story in the prison than on Hershel's farm.

BBS Signature

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-05 20:56:49

The Governor has been cast, so season 3 should go at least that far into the comic.

BBS Signature

Response to TV Series Crew 2012-05-06 00:16:53

I already enjoy browsing this topic. I won't join so much. I love television but I never get round to watching the shows I SHOULD in favour of just becoming obsessed with one show at a time and watching all of that show to death. Its not a good cycle really.

But you guys have some wonderful taste, and TheMaster, you prove again to be some kind of tv guru.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature