Be a Supporter!
SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 28th, 2012 @ 05:23 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 04:27 PM, Rawnern wrote: What dose people think of True Blood? Excited for the new season coming next month?

I was a big fan of Six Feet Under, but nothing really made me jump to watch True Blood. I heard Lizzy Caplan was in it for a bit, though, which is kind of cool.

Vidaria
Vidaria
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Gamer
Response to TV Series Crew May. 28th, 2012 @ 07:30 PM Reply

Anyone watch the new show continuum?

It was a touch unrealistic but its been so long since there's been a good sci-fi show on TV :(

Also Lexa Doig is in it <3

Life is simple. Eat. Sleep. Save Lives.

BBS Signature
uglybetty
uglybetty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 29th, 2012 @ 02:22 PM Reply

I am done with Big Bang Theory! One of the best series I have ever seen... anyone else?

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 29th, 2012 @ 03:15 PM Reply

True Blood is a weird one for me. I can't stand the main story, with Sookie and Bill and Eric and all that shit, but I fucking love the side characters. That season that had Jason and Andy bumbling around trying to save the town was incredible, and I really like Terry and Hoyt too.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew May. 29th, 2012 @ 08:52 PM Reply

Onto season 3 of Parks and Recreation. So goooood!

Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew May. 30th, 2012 @ 01:40 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 05:23 PM, SG3 wrote: I was a big fan of Six Feet Under, but nothing really made me jump to watch True Blood. I heard Lizzy Caplan was in it for a bit, though, which is kind of cool.

Lizzy Caplan is not one of my favorite acters, but she did a good job in Cloverfield and Hot Tub Time Machine (sorry, off-topic in a thread about series)

At 5/29/12 03:15 PM, TheMaster wrote: True Blood is a weird one for me. I can't stand the main story, with Sookie and Bill and Eric and all that shit, but I fucking love the side characters. That season that had Jason and Andy bumbling around trying to save the town was incredible, and I really like Terry and Hoyt too.

Hoyt and Summer was one of the best characters in the whole series. The main problem with the series (in my opinion) is that there is too much sex. True - it sells, though.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 30th, 2012 @ 02:09 PM Reply

Too much sex is a problem with modern HBO in general.True Blood just about gets away with it since vampires are traditionally sexual anyway, but when they force it into the likes of Boardwalk Empire and The Pacific it just cheapens the show.

I guarantee if they were making Band of Brothers today they'd have squeezed in a few sex scenes. Maybe have that Belgian nurse Doc Roe befriends get her tits out or something.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 12:32 AM Reply

At 5/31/12 06:39 PM, Makeshift wrote: This is the funniest thing I've seen in Parks and Rec so far.

NO, NEVERMIND

Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 04:53 AM Reply

At 5/30/12 02:09 PM, TheMaster wrote: Too much sex is a problem with modern HBO in general.True Blood just about gets away with it since vampires are traditionally sexual anyway, but when they force it into the likes of Boardwalk Empire and The Pacific it just cheapens the show.

I guarantee if they were making Band of Brothers today they'd have squeezed in a few sex scenes. Maybe have that Belgian nurse Doc Roe befriends get her tits out or something.

I think it's just really dumb. Sometimes is OK, but if it's overexceeded it's just really dumb. Especially when you want to watch something with your family. Awkward scilence. And that's why I love AMC, CBS and Showtime.

NewShape
NewShape
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Writer
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 4th, 2012 @ 08:41 PM Reply

True Blood sucks, literally.
HBO is kinda a mom/mums channel really.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 03:34 PM Reply

I gave Game of Thrones a second chance and now I love it.

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 06:56 PM Reply

lol, Makeshift, changing your icon from Fez to Ron Swanson. Successfully converted :P

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 07:15 PM Reply

Started a DS9 rewatch. Going to try and do the full thing rather than skipping ahead, but imagine it'll be a bit of a chore until The Search or there abouts. Excluding fantastic episodes like Duet, of course.

At 6/4/12 08:41 PM, NewShape wrote: HBO is kinda a mom/mums channel really.

Band of Brothers
From The Earth To The Moon
Rome
Luck
Boardwalk Empire
The Wire

Sure bro, whatever you say.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 07:19 PM Reply

At 6/5/12 06:56 PM, SG3 wrote: lol, Makeshift, changing your icon from Fez to Ron Swanson. Successfully converted :P

Ha, he's definitely my favourite character in the series. Followed by Andy, then Tom.

Speaking of Parks and Rec, I'm all caught up now. Also halfway through the first season of Game of Thrones.

Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 5/29/12 02:22 PM, uglybetty wrote: I am done with Big Bang Theory! One of the best series I have ever seen... anyone else?

Finished Big Bang Theory as well. Sheldon is my favorite character... best actor by far I have seen in any series! *Sheldon laugh*

One thing I wonder about is: Why dose Sheldon use a MacBook Pro? He said once that he did not like Windows 7 because it was more user firendly than Windows Vista. Isn't OSX even more user firendly than Windows 7?

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 6/7/12 05:18 PM, Rawnern wrote: One thing I wonder about is: Why dose Sheldon use a MacBook Pro? He said once that he did not like Windows 7 because it was more user firendly than Windows Vista. Isn't OSX even more user firendly than Windows 7?

Because the writing and characters in that show is terribly inconsistent, that's why I stopped watching it.

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 05:46 PM Reply

At 5/1/12 12:54 PM, Rawnern wrote: This thread is for people to discuss their favorite series.

Here's my favorites at the moment:
Blue Mountain State
The Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
Big Bang Theory
South Park
Simpsons

you are a god damn hero. i honestly thought about this all week. an all around tv club is a great idea.

here are my overall favorites:

american horror story
american dad
breaking bad
bored to death
community
dexter
doctor who
family guy
firefly
futurama
game of thrones
lost
sons of anarchy
south park
the boondocks
the walking dead
trailer park boys
weeds

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 9th, 2012 @ 01:23 PM Reply

Fuck, now I'm done watching all of Game of Thrones. I watched season 2 pretty much non-stop. Just one episode after another with a pause for sleep. Now I guess I'll have to watch Weeds, but I'm not really into it yet. It kinda sucks so far. Can't watch Firefly because for some reason there's no sound. I'd like to try watching Sons of Anarchy but I can't download it myself because of the strict limit my ISP has per month. Just 30GB.

I hate waiting for the next episode of a show to air. It's going to suck when I finally have to watch some of these like that.

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 06:27 PM Reply

I'm considering watching Deadwood. Is it any good?

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 06:43 PM Reply

Finally done with exams for the year, so I've got close to 4 months off.

Here's what I have lined up:
Mad Men seasons 3-5
Blake's 7 seasons 2-4
Justified seasons 2-3
Freaks and Geeks season 1 (I'm about 1/4 of the way through)
DS9 rewatch (most of the way through season 1 now)
Masters of Horror (had Volume 1 on my shelf for months, watched about half of it so far)

I need more, don't think this will last long enough.

At 6/11/12 06:27 PM, SG3 wrote: I'm considering watching Deadwood. Is it any good?

It's in my top 3 of all time. Be warned that it was cancelled and doesn't have an ending, but it's not as bad as some shows as it's not finishing on a cliffhanger or anything like that. Other than that it's nearly perfect.

Still waiting on a region 2 blu-ray release. Came out in region 1 ages ago.

BBS Signature
uglybetty
uglybetty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 05:25 PM Reply

At 6/4/12 08:41 PM, NewShape wrote: True Blood sucks, literally.
HBO is kinda a mom/mums channel really.

Is Wistera Lane on HBO?

uglybetty
uglybetty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 05:31 PM Reply

And btw, dose anyone know what cameras they used in The Walking Dead?

Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 15th, 2012 @ 03:30 PM Reply

At 5/31/12 06:39 PM, Makeshift wrote: This is the funniest thing I've seen in Parks and Rec so far.

I haven't heard a lot about the series before I made this thread. Would you recomend it for the current intrests in series I already have?

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 15th, 2012 @ 04:05 PM Reply

At 6/15/12 03:30 PM, Rawnern wrote:
I haven't heard a lot about the series before I made this thread. Would you recomend it for the current intrests in series I already have?

I think I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys comedy. But you might want to skip the first season like I did. Think of the first season as one big bland pilot episode. There are only 6 epsiodes in it anyways.

Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 17th, 2012 @ 05:14 AM Reply

At 6/15/12 04:05 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 6/15/12 03:30 PM, Rawnern wrote:
I think I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys comedy. But you might want to skip the first season like I did. Think of the first season as one big bland pilot episode. There are only 6 epsiodes in it anyways.

Wow... it got 8.6 on IMDb. I am definitly going to check into it! Isn't it good to get the plot of the series? I remember watching True Blood skipping episodes.... had to rewatch them.

AntiHero
AntiHero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 17th, 2012 @ 05:42 AM Reply

The shows I'm currently following are Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, and Nip/Tuck which I started watching on Netflix because I was always interested in watching them but never had the opportunity to follow them regularly and honestly they're amazing shows. I started watching The Walking Dead since its season premier but haven't watched anything passed season because my DVR decided to not record the first episode of season too, and call me ODC but I refused to watch anymore until I caught up episode by episode. I was in love with Blu Mountain State and finished watching that on Netflix as well, kind of pissed me off when I found out it got canceled.

"On rainy days, I just sit there and make deals with the devil. The fun never ends..."

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 18th, 2012 @ 12:23 AM Reply

At 6/18/12 12:07 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: I recently started watching Doctor Who on Netflix. Absolutely fantastic show, if you're a sci-fi geek like me.

You're damn right it's a fantastic show.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 09:35 PM Reply

At 6/17/12 05:14 AM, Rawnern wrote: Isn't it good to get the plot of the series?

Nothing really happens in the first season. Watch the first couple episodes of the first season maybe.

I'm just powering through Weeds now. I like it. I think I just like any show I watch really, or I get lucky and only try shows I end up liking. I don't know how I'll keep watching it when A Song of Ice and Fire Books 1 - 4 come tomorrow. Damn, I'm excited for that.

Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 20th, 2012 @ 08:50 AM Reply

At 6/19/12 09:35 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 6/17/12 05:14 AM, Rawnern wrote: Isn't it good to get the plot of the series?
Nothing really happens in the first season. Watch the first couple episodes of the first season maybe.

I'm just powering through Weeds now. I like it. I think I just like any show I watch really, or I get lucky and only try shows I end up liking. I don't know how I'll keep watching it when A Song of Ice and Fire Books 1 - 4 come tomorrow. Damn, I'm excited for that.

I watched Weeds a long time, but then I quit (SPOILER ALERT if you haven't come to season 7) when they moved to Copenhagen because of Esteban and that stuff. But thank you so much for reminding me of that series - I am going on a trip this summer where I am going to sit in a car... good to have something to watch!