BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 12th, 2012 @ 08:17 PM Reply

Yeah, Community was the best since the break. Would have been the best of the season were it not for Remedial Chaos Theory.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 13th, 2012 @ 02:06 AM Reply

Does anybody watch Person of Interest?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Chocomilk
Chocomilk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Reader
Response to TV Series Crew May. 13th, 2012 @ 04:02 AM Reply

At 5/13/12 02:06 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Does anybody watch Person of Interest?

I've never even heard of that, maybe I just need to start watching more TV.

My absolute favorite show is Breaking Bad, which I think everyone watches so I won't talk about it haha. But my favorite Adult Swim show is currently The Venture Bros. It's a great show and I've started season 4, sad that I'm gonna be up to date on it soon.

Regular Show and Adventure Time are pretty good too.

BBS Signature
Vidaria
Vidaria
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Gamer
Response to TV Series Crew May. 13th, 2012 @ 02:07 PM Reply

At 5/13/12 02:06 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Does anybody watch Person of Interest?

Yes, that show is awesome

Life is simple. Eat. Sleep. Save Lives.

BBS Signature
SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 13th, 2012 @ 07:52 PM Reply

At 5/11/12 07:54 AM, Ejit wrote: Christ, the latest Community was fab.

Best Garrett episode ever.

I loved the "I want to see what happens when I confiscate one of their pens" line. Still doesn't quite beat the alternate timeline episode, though. That one's the best.

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew May. 16th, 2012 @ 04:12 PM Reply

Don't know if anyone here has heard of GetGlue but it's a pretty good website for fans of TV, films and what not.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew May. 16th, 2012 @ 04:17 PM Reply

At 5/16/12 04:12 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Don't know if anyone here has heard of GetGlue but it's a pretty good website for fans of TV, films and what not.

Forgot the damn link...
http://www.getglue.com

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 16th, 2012 @ 08:42 PM Reply

At 5/16/12 04:17 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote:
At 5/16/12 04:12 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Don't know if anyone here has heard of GetGlue but it's a pretty good website for fans of TV, films and what not.
Forgot the damn link...
http://www.getglue.com

I used to use it, but it seems they won't send stickers to the UK any more. I received 2 lots, and then have not received any since.

BBS Signature
Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew May. 18th, 2012 @ 05:36 AM Reply

At 5/5/12 08:56 PM, TheMaster wrote: The Governor has been cast, so season 3 should go at least that far into the comic.

THIS got me thinking. (Sorry for not replying in a while)

Is there like a higher power than the people in The Walking Dead? By that, I mean presidents, police etc...

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 20th, 2012 @ 08:29 AM Reply

So I just got around to finishing season 3 of Community, and I was really surprised by how conclusive it felt. I mean, I'm all for six seasons and a movie, but with all the staff changes I'm wondering if maybe it'd been better off cancelled. Hopefully I'm just paranoid, and I'm sure that even if it does jump the shark they'll still lampshade it to hell which would be enjoyable.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 20th, 2012 @ 12:22 PM Reply

Comic Book Men was picked up for a second season, 16 episodes.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew May. 20th, 2012 @ 01:48 PM Reply

At 5/20/12 12:22 PM, TheMaster wrote: Comic Book Men was picked up for a second season, 16 episodes.

Awesome.

I've watched the first 3 episodes of Parks and Recreation and I'm not really into it. Does it get better? I'm going to start Weeds sometime this week instead of watching more, I think.

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 20th, 2012 @ 02:27 PM Reply

At 5/20/12 01:48 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 5/20/12 12:22 PM, TheMaster wrote: Comic Book Men was picked up for a second season, 16 episodes.
Awesome.

I've watched the first 3 episodes of Parks and Recreation and I'm not really into it. Does it get better? I'm going to start Weeds sometime this week instead of watching more, I think.

Parks and Recreation gets MILES better. You still might not like it's humour, but it's generally agreed that the second season is a great improvement on the first . You might want to just start watching from there.

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew May. 20th, 2012 @ 02:30 PM Reply

At 5/20/12 01:48 PM, Makeshift wrote:

I was in the same boat as you. I didn't click with it right away but keep going with it. It does get better and while its not a laugh a minute show, it does give you at least one scene an episode where you're laughing harder then you can recall laughing at another scene in a different show for a long time.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew May. 20th, 2012 @ 03:17 PM Reply

Our prayers have been answered.

Movie of the Week: Angel's Egg (1985)

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew May. 20th, 2012 @ 10:09 PM Reply

I decided to skip to season 2.

It's good... yeah, it's good.

TV Series Crew

SkyrimFanboy98
SkyrimFanboy98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 21st, 2012 @ 03:55 PM Reply

Seriously, has anyone seen Key & Peele yet? Funny as hell! XD

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew May. 21st, 2012 @ 04:24 PM Reply

At 5/21/12 03:55 PM, SkyrimFanboy98 wrote: Seriously, has anyone seen Key & Peele yet? Funny as hell! XD

Saw it, was unimpressed. No different from all the other sketch shows like MAD TV, Saturday Night live, and The Chapelle Show.

TheRipper00
TheRipper00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew May. 22nd, 2012 @ 12:21 AM Reply

My Favorites.
The Walking Dead
The Killing
Arrested Development
Man vs Food
Kitchen Confidential
Archer
American Dad
South Park
ATHF
MXC
Deadliest Warrior
Bobs Burgers

I could keep going there is a fucking lot.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution
Governor of the ZSC
PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:41 PM Reply

I see Sera Gamble is stepping down as Supernatural showrunner. Good, it's been shite since Kripke left.

Jeremy Carver is taking over. As in, the guy who wrote A Very Supernatural Christmas (Pagan Gods), Mystery Spot (HEAT OF THE MOMENT), In The Beginning (70s time travel), Family Remains (feral children) and Changing Channels (trapped inside TV shows).

I'm excited. His episodes are some of the best.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew May. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:04 PM Reply

At 5/23/12 06:41 PM, TheMaster wrote: I see Sera Gamble is stepping down as Supernatural showrunner. Good, it's been shite since Kripke left.

Jeremy Carver is taking over. As in, the guy who wrote A Very Supernatural Christmas (Pagan Gods), Mystery Spot (HEAT OF THE MOMENT), In The Beginning (70s time travel), Family Remains (feral children) and Changing Channels (trapped inside TV shows).P

I'm excited. His episodes are some of the best.

And the majority of the fandom breathes a sigh of relief at this news. To be fair I did enjoy the finale which she wrote I believe, and (spoilers) the prospect of purgatory is one I find rather interesting. Not sure how Sam will manage to get Dean out of there without letting more beasties out with him though.. I also hope its not an issue that will be resolved within the first 10 minutes of the first episode of season 8, I think that arc has legs for a few episode really. But we'll see I guess.

Also Carver is guilty of writing some of the awesome Gabriel episodes so I hopes thats a good omens for the characters future. Been rumours that they'd get him back since the moment he got killed off in Season 6. Because you know, being dead means nothing on Supernatural. He is also guilty of penning some of the 'shippier' Destiel moments that sad fangirls (like me) cling onto. Its win freaking win basically. Plus I think A Very Supernatural Christmas is the one episode where I felt myself choke up a bit. It was just tight with emotion and if we get just something half as good as that then it'll be awesome.

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew May. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:25 PM Reply

At 5/23/12 07:04 PM, Gagsy wrote: And the majority of the fandom breathes a sigh of relief at this news. To be fair I did enjoy the finale which she wrote I believe, and (spoilers) the prospect of purgatory is one I find rather interesting. Not sure how Sam will manage to get Dean out of there without letting more beasties out with him though.. I also hope its not an issue that will be resolved within the first 10 minutes of the first episode of season 8, I think that arc has legs for a few episode really. But we'll see I guess.

It will be interesting to see a world where monsters hunt each other throughout all eternity and possibly come across some of the more interesting creatures that were hunted to extinction already like phoenixes. Of course the only way to get Castiel and Dean out without monsters getting loose would be to have Death do it so that negotiation will probably be the first few episodes of next season while showing Dean and Castiel escape from monsters.

Also Carver is guilty of writing some of the awesome Gabriel episodes so I hopes thats a good omens for the characters future. Been rumours that they'd get him back since the moment he got killed off in Season 6. Because you know, being dead means nothing on Supernatural. He is also guilty of penning some of the 'shippier' Destiel moments that sad fangirls (like me) cling onto. Its win freaking win basically. Plus I think A Very Supernatural Christmas is the one episode where I felt myself choke up a bit. It was just tight with emotion and if we get just something half as good as that then it'll be awesome.

So far none of the angels have come back from the dead but there could be some big reveal about how he actually did to Lucifer what he did the first time Sam and Dean went after him. And please tell me that Destiel isn't what I think it is, in the name of all that resides in Purgatory please tell me Destiel is not fanfiction that puts Dean and Castiel together. I don't care how much creepier the Sam and Dean fanfiction that the show already jokes about is, there is nothing good that can come from such a thing.

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:44 PM Reply

I watched the pilot of Supernatural. It looked pretty promising, but I'm not really into monster-of-the-week type shows. I really need a substantial story-arc to keep me hooked. Does it progress much in the scale of things? What about character arcs?

One of the reasons I stopped watching Smallville was because the first season was just relentlessly heavy on MOTW I couldn't wade through it. I heard it picks itself up later though, so maybe I should just skip to the beginning of the seasonal arc.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:10 PM Reply

At 5/23/12 07:25 PM, djack wrote: So far none of the angels have come back from the dead

Except for Cas, of course. He did get a little bit exploded after the whole ass-butt thing.

At 5/23/12 07:44 PM, SG3 wrote: I watched the pilot of Supernatural. It looked pretty promising, but I'm not really into monster-of-the-week type shows. I really need a substantial story-arc to keep me hooked. Does it progress much in the scale of things? What about character arcs?

The first 2 seasons are mostly monster of the week, with arc episodes scattered amongst them. Think X-Files or Buffy. Everything after that is entirely serialised.

Honestly, I liked the first format more. Just two guys driving around killing monsters and listening to classic rock. Also, there hasn't been a villain better than Yellow Eyes yet, and original Meg was best Meg.

Speaking of Yellow Eyes, I really hope he's in Purgatory ready to ruin Dean's day.

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew May. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:51 PM Reply

At 5/23/12 07:44 PM, SG3 wrote: I watched the pilot of Supernatural. It looked pretty promising, but I'm not really into monster-of-the-week type shows. I really need a substantial story-arc to keep me hooked. Does it progress much in the scale of things? What about character arcs?

After the second season there is a strong story-arc with occasional breaks in the story to do some random monster (usually a ghost). Enemies get more powerful and dangerous as time goes on but they're not really better. Azazel (Yellow-Eyes) is pretty much the Joker of the series, he's the weakest but the over-arcing conspiracy and mystery involved makes him the most interesting and dangerous, while Dick (yes, this monster intentionally chose the name Dick in the show) is the Darkseid of the series, he's super powerful but it isn't hard to figure out his plan and he only gets interesting when he gets his ass kicked by Batman and the Boy Wonder (aka Moose). Although I would say that Crowley maintains some intrigue and is well casted.

One of the reasons I stopped watching Smallville was because the first season was just relentlessly heavy on MOTW I couldn't wade through it. I heard it picks itself up later though, so maybe I should just skip to the beginning of the seasonal arc.

I never really got into Smallville but Supernatural definitely gets better. The show also has a pretty good sense of humor about itself, even having one episode where the main characters meet the director of the show and give him crap for making a character named after himself and making that character a key part of the plot (if you look at the credits at the beginning of the show there's also a staff member listed only as "Meg" with no last name given).

At 5/23/12 08:10 PM, TheMaster wrote: Except for Cas, of course. He did get a little bit exploded after the whole ass-butt thing.

Not quite. It was assumed but really he just walked into the water and didn't come back out until he was found later.

At 5/23/12 07:44 PM, SG3 wrote:
Honestly, I liked the first format more. Just two guys driving around killing monsters and listening to classic rock. Also, there hasn't been a villain better than Yellow Eyes yet, and original Meg was best Meg.

The show has and awesome soundtrack, that's for sure but I kind of preferred the times just after that where they still did a lot of monster of the week stuff but there was always that search for the truth that was at the back of everyone's minds but couldn't be focused on without getting someone killed.

Speaking of Yellow Eyes, I really hope he's in Purgatory ready to ruin Dean's day.

That's been bugging me actually. The show makes it pretty clear that it was the Judeo-Christian God who created Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory but it also makes it clear that the various gods including the Judeo-Christian God were created from the beliefs of humans and gained power as they gained control of more souls. So what I want to know is what happens to those who exist outside the parameters of H,H,&P like the other gods and the ghosts and demons who aren't children of Eve, or even John Winchester who went to Hell but escaped without becoming a demon and can't be found in Heaven? For that matter where will God go when Death eventually reaps him?

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:42 PM Reply

At 5/23/12 08:51 PM, djack wrote: Not quite. It was assumed but really he just walked into the water and didn't come back out until he was found later.

I'm not talking about Leviathan, I'm talking about when Lucifier killed him.

You know, "Hey, ass-butt!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6nCBQXJdRg

The show has and awesome soundtrack, that's for sure but I kind of preferred the times just after that where they still did a lot of monster of the week stuff but there was always that search for the truth that was at the back of everyone's minds but couldn't be focused on without getting someone killed.

Looking for John, and then later hunting Yellow Eyes was enough arc for me. There's fuck all good episodic shows these days, but loads of good serialised ones. It was just something a bit different.

That's been bugging me actually. The show makes it pretty clear that it was the Judeo-Christian God who created Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory but it also makes it clear that the various gods including the Judeo-Christian God were created from the beliefs of humans and gained power as they gained control of more souls. So what I want to know is what happens to those who exist outside the parameters of H,H,&P like the other gods and the ghosts and demons who aren't children of Eve, or even John Winchester who went to Hell but escaped without becoming a demon and can't be found in Heaven? For that matter where will God go when Death eventually reaps him?

Is it ever specified that God only has power from belief? I know they apply that to all those gods Lucifier murdered, but have they specifically said he's the same as them?

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew May. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:13 PM Reply

At 5/23/12 09:42 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'm not talking about Leviathan, I'm talking about when Lucifier killed him.

You know, "Hey, ass-butt!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6nCBQXJdRg

Ah yes, the holy oil molotov. That was back when God was still interfering because he was the one responsible for the end of the world. When Crowley pissed off Eve God never intervened and even when the angelic war caused Castiel to release the Leviathan God didn't do anything about it despite Leviathan being one of his creations.

Looking for John, and then later hunting Yellow Eyes was enough arc for me. There's fuck all good episodic shows these days, but loads of good serialised ones. It was just something a bit different.

The story line has led to some of the best episodes though. Sam and Dean would never have been trapped in TVland without Armageddon and Dean would never have named the Jefferson Starships. They should get back to more of the monster hunting and less story but having an arc to go along with it that still moves forward every now and then keeps it from getting too monotonous and helps keep track of the seasons.

Is it ever specified that God only has power from belief? I know they apply that to all those gods Lucifier murdered, but have they specifically said he's the same as them?

It's kind of implied during the meeting before Lucifer killed off all the gods. When Odin and Zao Shen argue over which of their religions is older they show that they were created by the fact that people believe in them and it gets implied that God is no different aside from his power which comes from being around since the dawn of human civilization and being worshipped across three religions for at least the past 2000 years plus Judaism for about 6000 years before then. There's also the time when Castiel goes mad with power and declares himself the new god which somewhat indicates that God can be replaced by someone with enough power. Although it is hard to be sure. When it comes to imprisoning Leviathan it's treated as if God did so before creating anything else including humans but that wouldn't explain why they eat humans instead of cows and other animals that would be easier to control and grow to large sizes in large numbers. There's also the time Death says that God has been there almost since the beginning which would mean that either Death came into existence as soon as life did and God came into existence shortly after that or Death himself is a creation of human consciousness and God was created soon after to explain why people die making God predate all civilization with Leviathan being some kind of side project before humans developed civilization and organized religion.

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew May. 24th, 2012 @ 12:55 PM Reply

At 5/23/12 08:10 PM, TheMaster wrote:

There is a hell of a lot they can do with this. So many characters we have seen over the years who probably never made it to heaven or hell so maybe will be in purgatory. Do we know what happens to ghosts once their remains have been burnt? Seeing as Bobby missed his chance to 'cross over' when the reaper came calling, maybe he ended up in purgatory. Seriously, there are so many potentials here for reunions. Just hoping it doesn't get fucked up.

BBS Signature
Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew May. 28th, 2012 @ 04:27 PM Reply

What dose people think of True Blood? Excited for the new season coming next month?