Be a Supporter!
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew May. 6th, 2012 @ 12:16 AM Reply

I already enjoy browsing this topic. I won't join so much. I love television but I never get round to watching the shows I SHOULD in favour of just becoming obsessed with one show at a time and watching all of that show to death. Its not a good cycle really.

But you guys have some wonderful taste, and TheMaster, you prove again to be some kind of tv guru.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew May. 6th, 2012 @ 12:11 PM Reply

At 5/5/12 08:51 PM, MrRager wrote:
At 5/5/12 05:48 PM, Rawnern wrote:
As you say, it seems to me much better in the comics. It also seems that they only was at the farm to make the whole production much cheaper by having the film crew at one location nearly all the time. They are also using 16mm film. An excuse for that is they want to make it more grainy. I do not see the idea with that. Sometimes I just think the picture looks awful.
Ah, well that makes sense, they are on a limited budget, but still. Camera is okay, but you're right it could be a bit better.

What I really think would be great was if they made it a little spectacular. What I mean by that is to film some awesome shots using slides and steadicam with gore splattering on the screen. They have a lot of equiptment, but they do not use it very good. Instead they have like small scenes where one or maybe two zombies come in at the farm. I really like action and that is just how it is.

Btw, do you think they might move to the city because the zombies are staring to get attracted to the good 'old country?
Well, assuming they are still on the track of the comics, they did pan out to the Prison. That is where they are going to stay next for a bit. Now that is worth having the next season stay mostly at, as there's more story in the prison than on Hershel's farm.

I have only watched the last episode of season 2 one time, and as I remember the prison was pretty big (?). What happens to Andrea is something I really look forward to. Of course she got saved by that new girl with zombies as pets.

Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to TV Series Crew May. 6th, 2012 @ 12:34 PM Reply

At 5/6/12 12:11 PM, Rawnern wrote:

What I really think would be great was if they made it a little spectacular. What I mean by that is to film some awesome shots using slides and steadicam with gore splattering on the screen. They have a lot of equiptment, but they do not use it very good. Instead they have like small scenes where one or maybe two zombies come in at the farm. I really like action and that is just how it is.

Ah, now I see what you mean. You're definitively right, that would improve their gore factor and such if they made more angles when they killed them.

I have only watched the last episode of season 2 one time, and as I remember the prison was pretty big (?). What happens to Andrea is something I really look forward to. Of course she got saved by that new girl with zombies as pets.

Yes, Michonne is the zombie tamer's name. She is really cool, as for the prison, it is big, but they will have to "clear" it out. Maybe those few scenes will be really good. Another problem also irks me in the show, they're not really showing they are desperate or surviving. In the comics they almost go 2 days without little to no food and are all completely exhausted. I want to see them desperately trying to survive or look like it. They've mostly been lucky and found supplies, but it's not really all like that.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
Vidaria
Vidaria
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Gamer
Response to TV Series Crew May. 6th, 2012 @ 04:42 PM Reply

Currently on air

NCIS
Castle
House - its the last seasons whatever
Bones
Criminal Minds
Grey's Anatomy
The Finder
Person of Interest - easily my favorite new show
Futurama
Simpsons

Life is simple. Eat. Sleep. Save Lives.

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to TV Series Crew May. 6th, 2012 @ 08:28 PM Reply

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I also love Law and Order: SVU.
The new season was alright, but I still loved it with Stabler and Benson as the titular duo.
It's a shame that Christopher Meloni's contract ended, he really was a great foil character for Detective Benson

BBS Signature
Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew May. 7th, 2012 @ 05:52 AM Reply

Yes, Michonne is the zombie tamer's name. She is really cool, as for the prison, it is big, but they will have to "clear" it out. Maybe those few scenes will be really good. Another problem also irks me in the show, they're not really showing they are desperate or surviving. In the comics they almost go 2 days without little to no food and are all completely exhausted. I want to see them desperately trying to survive or look like it. They've mostly been lucky and found supplies, but it's not really all like that.

Yes... them not running out of food seems sometimes pretty unrealistic. And after that... ammo. Where do they get all their ammuntion from? It looks like they have infinite ammo.

I heard some rumors that Melissa Rauch is coming to the series. Opinions about that?

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 7th, 2012 @ 09:19 AM Reply

My favourite shows are:
Freaks & Geeks
Game Of Thrones
Peep Show
Party Down
Parks and Recreation
Community

and I just found out about Adventure Time, so I'm getting into that at the moment. I used to watch The Walking Dead, but I stopped after the midseason break. I still read the comics occasionally though.
Interesting fact:
TWD season 2: episode number doubled, budget halved
GoT season 2: episode number stays the same, budget increased by 15 percent
Not that budget is everything, but both shows rely a lot on spectacle, and TWD could do with some better writing staff.

Any Community fans care to speculate on the show's future?

Six seasons and a movie
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew May. 7th, 2012 @ 12:10 PM Reply

At 5/7/12 09:19 AM, SG3 wrote:
Any Community fans care to speculate on the show's future?

NBC announce their fall line later today apparently. I find myself getting rather nervy.

Six seasons and a movie

That is the dream, I'd settled for a 4th right now of course.

Ever hopeful.

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to TV Series Crew May. 7th, 2012 @ 01:02 PM Reply

At 5/7/12 05:52 AM, Rawnern wrote:
Yes... them not running out of food seems sometimes pretty unrealistic. And after that... ammo. Where do they get all their ammuntion from? It looks like they have infinite ammo.

I heard some rumors that Melissa Rauch is coming to the series. Opinions about that?

Wonder who she will be, but I think it's pretty cool.
Also heard that Merle-Daryl's brother-will return as well, we can only imagine what they do next.

BBS Signature
Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew May. 7th, 2012 @ 03:28 PM Reply

At 5/7/12 01:02 PM, MrRager wrote:
At 5/7/12 05:52 AM, Rawnern wrote:

Wonder who she will be, but I think it's pretty cool.
Also heard that Merle-Daryl's brother-will return as well, we can only imagine what they do next.

Yes. I heard that, too! Also, I think they were confirming it, but they were unable to tell which episode. I think it's in the start of season 3. I bet he will bring up a lot of heat and maybe the two brothers team up.

As I said... Andrea is one person I am excited to see what is going to happen. Sure, she will return back to her old team, but that will probably bring up much heat and arguing.

At 5/7/12 02:12 PM, Ejit wrote: Tried a few new programmes recently. The very first series of Dr Who (didn't know where to start; i'll probably watch the first then look up which series are considered the best); Fringe, which has started off Alcatraz-tier (alright/poor) but apparently gets stronger later on; and Cougar Town which is shite and I'll never watch it again and I don't know why I even entertained the idea that it might be otherwise.
It has that kid from Freaks and Geeks too, which lends it another degree of overrated shit that I'm glad has been cancelled. (not targeted at that person above who likes it)

I did get a bad feeling about Cougar Town from the start... bad jokes and stuff. Reminds me of Desperate Housewifes, but why? I don't know.

The Simpsons has just had its third decent episode on the trot*. There was only one unnecessary gimmick, where Homer checks the time on his iPhone. Fucking stop.

I hate product placement. Well... not every one, but when they make it obivious. Simpsons have lost their old sense of humor and episodes is starting to suck - really. Not everyone, but many. As of this season, it's been good.

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 8th, 2012 @ 05:09 PM Reply

At 5/7/12 12:10 PM, Gagsy wrote: NBC announce their fall line later today apparently. I find myself getting rather nervy.

Any new info? I can't find anything online and I'm starting to sweat.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 8th, 2012 @ 05:52 PM Reply

At 5/8/12 05:09 PM, SG3 wrote:
At 5/7/12 12:10 PM, Gagsy wrote: NBC announce their fall line later today apparently. I find myself getting rather nervy.
Any new info? I can't find anything online and I'm starting to sweat.

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2012/05/nbc-set-renew-30 -rock-final-season-along-rest-its-thursday-night-lineup

Look like it's being renewed.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
NewShape
NewShape
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Writer
Response to TV Series Crew May. 8th, 2012 @ 06:31 PM Reply

Currently watching:
Black Mirror.

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 8th, 2012 @ 06:40 PM Reply

At 5/8/12 05:52 PM, TheMaster wrote: http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2012/05/nbc-set-renew-30 -rock-final-season-along-rest-its-thursday-night-lineup

Look like it's being renewed.

And Parks & Rec too! Thanks, man. Huge weight off my chest.

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew May. 9th, 2012 @ 05:58 AM Reply

Finished the first seasons of both Heroes and The Walking Dead last night. Can't wait to start season two of both. Heroes was absolutely awesome all the way throughout and I can't believe it's took me this long to make my way through it.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 9th, 2012 @ 07:03 PM Reply

At 5/9/12 09:17 AM, Ejit wrote: Parks & Rec finale was great. Can't discuss it without spoiling it really, but loads of good lines and I'm looking forward to Andy's new prospective career.

Yeah. I hope Paul Rudd is back for the next season, though I doubt they'll find much reason to include him. I also hope Adam Scott isn't missing for some of the season, what with his character going to Washington D.C. and all.

Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to TV Series Crew May. 9th, 2012 @ 07:26 PM Reply

At 5/9/12 05:58 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Finished the first seasons of both Heroes and The Walking Dead last night. Can't wait to start season two of both. Heroes was absolutely awesome all the way throughout and I can't believe it's took me this long to make my way through it.

oh cool, I loved Heroes, too bad it got progressively bad.
The first season is like the only best season, season 2 is meh, somewhat okay.
Sylar is the best character for me though.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew May. 9th, 2012 @ 07:27 PM Reply

Aaah, Arrested Development is so good. Why did this show end after only 4 seasons? Why have I missed out on so much greatness?

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew May. 9th, 2012 @ 09:04 PM Reply

At 5/9/12 05:58 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Finished the first seasons of both Heroes and The Walking Dead last night. Can't wait to start season two of both. Heroes was absolutely awesome all the way throughout and I can't believe it's took me this long to make my way through it.

Get ready for some disappointment, Heroes gets bad really quickly.

Movie of the Week: Angel's Egg (1985)

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew May. 9th, 2012 @ 09:17 PM Reply

At 5/9/12 09:04 PM, Oolaph wrote:
Get ready for some disappointment, Heroes gets bad really quickly.

Sad but true. The first season was great but by the end of the second you probably won't want to watch it anymore and it doesn't get good again.

This is an old video but lets see how many of these you've seen. Of these 28 I recognize 24 and watched 22.

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 10th, 2012 @ 03:27 AM Reply

At 5/9/12 07:27 PM, Makeshift wrote: Aaah, Arrested Development is so good. Why did this show end after only 4 seasons? Why have I missed out on so much greatness?

The fourth is scheduled to air on netflix this year, right? I sure hope it doesn't suck.

also I blue myself :3
Monsie
Monsie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 10th, 2012 @ 04:39 AM Reply

I've only seen the first 3 or 4 episodes of Heroes. I always planned to go back and watch it someday. You're... Scaring me away from it.

Wavepad
Wavepad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to TV Series Crew May. 10th, 2012 @ 09:19 PM Reply

Finally! Woohoo! Im a huge South Park fan!
What I really think of season 16 was so damn funny!
Cartman finds love was awesome, the best parts was Cartman's reactions
and quotes
"They were ment to be together!"
"See they are both mexiacain and they need to be together!"
"YOU FUCKED UP CUPID CARTMAN!!!!"

| Steam | Asandir is awesome he made my sig. |

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew May. 11th, 2012 @ 05:33 AM Reply

Anyone seen the BBC show Survivors?
Found the first six episodes on my TV's on demand service and debating checking it out.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 11th, 2012 @ 06:06 AM Reply

At 5/11/12 05:33 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Anyone seen the BBC show Survivors?
Found the first six episodes on my TV's on demand service and debating checking it out.

I enjoyed it, but be aware it was cancelled and thus doesn't have an ending.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew May. 11th, 2012 @ 12:11 PM Reply

At 5/11/12 07:54 AM, Ejit wrote: Christ, the latest Community was fab.

Best Garrett episode ever.

A friend told me it was the worst of the season just before I checked this thread. Hopefully he's just retarded. I'll watch it later tonight regardless.

I've been watching a lot of Justified at the minute. Really enjoying it, even if it is a bit samey. Just means I can only watch an episode or two at a time, whereas with something like Sons of Anarchy or Battlestar Galactica I usually do 4-8 in a sitting.

I think they do the same twist, having the guy who appears to be a cowardly accomplice suddenly kill the guy who looks like the main villain and take over himself, in about 3 of the first 8 episodes.

BBS Signature
NewShape
NewShape
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Writer
Response to TV Series Crew May. 11th, 2012 @ 10:05 PM Reply

Started Prison Break.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew May. 11th, 2012 @ 10:34 PM Reply

Just got every episode of Parks and Rec. up until last night's from my brother. I'll probably be done Arrested Development pretty soon. Just starting the second season of that.

I'm also getting Firefly, Weeds and South Park season 15 from my brother.

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew May. 11th, 2012 @ 10:41 PM Reply

At 5/11/12 10:34 PM, Makeshift wrote: I'm also getting Firefly, Weeds and South Park season 15 from my brother.

Be sure to watch the film Serenity right after you finish Firefly, it takes place after the last episode and continues the story.

Movie of the Week: Angel's Egg (1985)

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew May. 12th, 2012 @ 12:16 AM Reply

At 5/11/12 07:54 AM, Ejit wrote: Christ, the latest Community was fab.

Best Garrett episode ever.

I could have done with 22 minutes of them just in that asylum, it was brill. I preferred Garrett the week before to be honest with his beautiful rendition of Ava Maria.

Also I started watching Parks and Rec, I am not disappointed by it.

Still gutted Community is only getting 13 episodes while Parks and Rec and whitney get 22. Little frustrating, though they haven't called for a final season so maybe it'll get extended if their new stuff fails. Hopefully.

BBS Signature