Be a Supporter!
SeniorWolfy
SeniorWolfy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 20th, 2012 @ 01:07 PM Reply

If cartoons count as TV series, then I'm saying Ed, Edd, and Eddy MADE my childhood.

You goina pet me or what? | My Animation Cave | Aren't I your favorite? |

BBS Signature
Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:10 AM Reply

At 6/20/12 01:07 PM, SeniorWolfy wrote: If cartoons count as TV series, then I'm saying Ed, Edd, and Eddy MADE my childhood.

It probably made EVERYONES childhood (Especially those born in the nineties).

At 6/14/12 05:31 PM, uglybetty wrote: And btw, dose anyone know what cameras they used in The Walking Dead?

I am pretty sure mostly ARRI, but if you look at the technical page on IMDB, you can see they used Panavision too!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/technical

Go search for some behind the scenes photos/videos on Google Images and YouTube. Worth it!

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:35 PM Reply

So I've been starting a whole load of different shows lately, not sure how many I'll pursue, but they all have their moments.

Tron: Uprising - I think extended universes generally tend to dilute their respective franchises, but this is still a well done cartoon
Deadwood - very well done, though obviously requires a lot of commitment on behalf of the viewer
The Young Ones - over the top and quite dated, this still provokes laughs regardless
Rising Damp - sure, I nearly ODed on the amount of '70s, and the racial humour is rather tired, but very nice Brit-com anyway
MASH - obviously heard a lot about this one, the intro alone screams TV classic, probably need to watch more to get into it, but it's still nicely balanced

Yeah, lots of catching up for me to do. Any recommendations? Still have to get around to Supernatural and Smallville.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:58 PM Reply

Civ 5 expansion means I'm making slower progress than I intended, but I've finished Freak and Geeks (one of the best shows I've ever watched, still gutted there's only 18 episodes) and I'm halfway through season 3 of Blake's 7.

Just wish I didn't know how it ended already, but it's such an iconic finale I knew how it ended before I knew anything else about the show. Must have been amazing going into it blind. Just hoping Tarrant doesn't become the protagonist like he seems to be leaning towards over the last few episodes, as the episodes in which Avon took the role where the best of the series. He was always the best character, so after Blake left I was really hoping to see the focus shift to him.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:45 PM Reply

At 6/23/12 06:58 PM, TheMaster wrote: Freak and Geeks

Is there a region two box-set of this?

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Byca
Byca
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 24th, 2012 @ 01:33 AM Reply

At 6/20/12 01:07 PM, SeniorWolfy wrote: If cartoons count as TV series, then I'm saying Ed, Edd, and Eddy MADE my childhood.

My childhood shows were Doug, Recess, Art Attack, Static Shock and Avatar.

My folks did there very best to keep me away from EEnE. :(

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 24th, 2012 @ 05:53 AM Reply

At 6/23/12 07:45 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote:

No. I've looked everywhere. Things are looking up, though. Community and Parks and Rec both have their first series out, and Party Down is getting a release in October.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 24th, 2012 @ 07:14 AM Reply

At 6/23/12 07:45 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote:

Nah. That and Veronica Mars are the ones I've been waiting for forever. Just downloaded it in the end.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 24th, 2012 @ 03:38 PM Reply

Got to season 7 of Weeds and it feels like I'm watching a different show ... I don't like this ...

Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Jun. 24th, 2012 @ 06:53 PM Reply

At 6/24/12 03:38 PM, Makeshift wrote: Got to season 7 of Weeds and it feels like I'm watching a different show ... I don't like this ...

I know, right? I wished they would just stayed in Agrestic.

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Jul. 5th, 2012 @ 05:21 PM Reply

I've been slacking off with my TV commitments, due to personal projects and such. Managed to watch some more Adventure Time though. It just keeps getting better and better.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Jul. 5th, 2012 @ 06:26 PM Reply

At 6/24/12 06:53 PM, Rawnern wrote:
At 6/24/12 03:38 PM, Makeshift wrote: Got to season 7 of Weeds and it feels like I'm watching a different show ... I don't like this ...

The series feels like it's back on track for season 8! You should try watching it.

I've got Boardwalk Empire to watch now. Also got a few of the newer seasons of South Park.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Jul. 10th, 2012 @ 05:55 PM Reply

Seems like every show I attempt to watch is great. I'm watching Boardwalk Empire right now and I love it. Also getting Deadwood, Justified, Sons of Anarchy, The Wire, and The Shield. Breaking Bad starts next Sunday and Weeds also airs on Sundays, so I'll have to new episodes to watch that night every week. So much to watch. Also breezed through seasons 12 to 15 of South Park, so I might get 1 - 11 from my brother when I go there to see TDK Rises next week.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Jul. 10th, 2012 @ 07:43 PM Reply

Finished Blake's 7. 4th season was weaker than the rest despite a good first few episodes, and even though I knew how it was going to end that finale still hurt. Incredibly powerful acting from Gareth Thomas and Paul Darrow.

Also finished the third season of Mad Men. I enjoy it while watching, but the lack of any real driving story means I never get hooked and hammer through it like other shows. Will get around to the last 2 seasons soon.

Started Terry Nation's Survivors on the strength of Blake's 7 (his only other show). First series was fantastic. I'd seen the recent remake and thought it was okay, if a little "soft" and unrealistic, but the original is the exact opposite. Grim and unforgiving. In the remake, they have a party to raise their spirits during the first season, and it brings them closer together. In the original, they do the same, and one of their members gets drunk, rapes and murders a young woman, and then blames a mentally disabled man who is put to death in his place.

At 7/10/12 05:55 PM, Makeshift wrote: Seems like every show I attempt to watch is great. I'm watching Boardwalk Empire right now and I love it. Also getting Deadwood, Justified, Sons of Anarchy, The Wire, and The Shield.

All good choices. I've not seen The Shield, but it's on my list, and the rest are great (although I'm only 1 season into Justified, but I've been told it gets even better from there).

BBS Signature
Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Jul. 13th, 2012 @ 04:29 PM Reply

At 7/5/12 06:26 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 6/24/12 06:53 PM, Rawnern wrote:
The series feels like it's back on track for season 8! You should try watching it.

I've got Boardwalk Empire to watch now. Also got a few of the newer seasons of South Park.

I'm going to watch it when I get back home from my vacation. Yeah, but I still wish they stayed in Agrestic. It's like a whole diffrent thing. Basically, that is what I hate about some series - they move from their basic location (ofcourse that is good in some series like The Walking Dead).

Broadwalk Empire is good, but I lost track of it. South Park is one of my favorite cartoons (by Simpsons). The series has changed a lot, but it's not bad as many say these days (in my opinion).

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Jul. 16th, 2012 @ 02:55 AM Reply

Been watching the first season of South Park and it's just horrible. Can't wait to get through this crap. I wonder when it starts getting good... Anyway, this is what my TV show folder looks like right now. Still have some additions to make, I just want to show off my badass icons.

TV Series Crew

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Jul. 16th, 2012 @ 03:26 AM Reply

At 7/16/12 02:55 AM, Makeshift wrote: Been watching the first season of South Park and it's just horrible. Can't wait to get through this crap. I wonder when it starts getting good...

I'll always have a soft spot for the earlier seasons. It may help that I was around to catch it when it was new and being a kid back then it felt great to have this adult like cartoon that was also so silly. It was instantly appealing. Plus sneaking into see the movie when I was 12 was badass. Great day.

I think the quality of the show starts improving from season 3 personally. Season 4, 5 and 6 is awesome. Some people like the show more now (what are we Season 15?) and they are good but I still prefer the episodes from early 2000 myself.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Jul. 16th, 2012 @ 03:43 AM Reply

I'm sure I would have liked these earlier episodes when I was younger. I want to skip a couple seasons, but I'm watching with my brother and he doesn't want to skip anything. I can see some episodes in Season 4 I remember liking, and in Season 5 some I really liked. Cartmanland, Super Best Friends, Scott Tenorman Must Die, and How to Eat With Your Butt. I know those are good. My new favourite episode is Margaritaville from Season 13.

Spotted my laptop in the Breaking Bad season premier by the way. :)

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Jul. 16th, 2012 @ 04:05 PM Reply

I watched the first episode of Breaking Bad at a friend's request, and it was really good. Looks like another big commitment though, what with the hour long episode time and multiple seasons, but I try and get into it.

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Jul. 19th, 2012 @ 07:49 AM Reply

Finally finished Heroes and I'm gutted there's no fifth season. Although the fourth was the weakest by far, the sixth volume, Brave New World looked like it was going to be really interesting and I'm curious as to where they would have went with it.

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Jul. 19th, 2012 @ 06:27 PM Reply

Forgot to mention, was looking through my collection for my next tv show to watch and landed on Tru Calling. The pilot was ok, but I can see it getting quite sameish pretty quickly. Also just realised I forgot I had The Sopranos sitting there as well so I'll have to watch that next.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Jul. 19th, 2012 @ 07:24 PM Reply

After watching nothing but Werner Herzog films for a few days I've got started on season 2 of Justified. Boyd Crowder is one of the best TV characters of the last few years. Olyphant is still a pretty bland leading man, but doesn't seem as bad as he did in Deadwood, since here he's a decent actor surrounded by other decent actors, whereas in Deadwood he was a decent actor surrounded by the best cast of any TV show to date.

At 7/19/12 06:27 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Forgot to mention, was looking through my collection for my next tv show to watch and landed on Tru Calling. The pilot was ok, but I can see it getting quite sameish pretty quickly. Also just realised I forgot I had The Sopranos sitting there as well so I'll have to watch that next.

It gets REALLY good once Jack turns up, which is just over halfway through the show. Before that it's extremely formulaic.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 01:50 PM Reply

I found my second favourite episode of South Park. The Snuke from Season 11. So good.

"If we don't find that detonator, everyone in the town of South Park is going to die..... forever."

TV Series Crew

Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Jul. 24th, 2012 @ 05:50 PM Reply

At 7/21/12 01:50 PM, Makeshift wrote: I found my second favourite episode of South Park. The Snuke from Season 11. So good.

"If we don't find that detonator, everyone in the town of South Park is going to die..... forever."

A great episode, but Smug Alert, All About Mormons, Scott Tendorman Must Die, Medicinal Fried Chicken and Christians Rock Hard are awesome episodes as well (just to mention a few).

uglybetty
uglybetty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 03:55 PM Reply

At 6/15/12 03:30 PM, Rawnern wrote:
At 5/31/12 06:39 PM, Makeshift wrote: This is the funniest thing I've seen in Parks and Rec so far.
I haven't heard a lot about the series before I made this thread. Would you recomend it for the current intrests in series I already have?

You should watch it! Nothing more to say than: YOU are missing out, son!

I'm done with Dexter from now on. caaaannnott wait for the series to start up again...

Question to everyone: what will happen now that deborah knows dexters killing? :O

Decky
Decky
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to TV Series Crew Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 05:54 AM Reply

I don't think that I have ever posted in this thread but I probably should have because I love to watch TV especially sitcoms. So here's my list of favorites that hopefully other people in here like too:

1. Frasier
2. House
3. South Park
4. Screenwipe
5. That Mitchell and Webb Look
6. I'm Alan Partridge
7. Saxondale
8. American Dad
9. Man v. Food
10. Ideal

A few of them are UK series so I'm not too sure if many of you would have heard of them.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 04:22 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 06:13 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: Just finished Season 2 of Breaking Bad. My honest opinion is that the show took one step forward and two steps back.

Still a good show, though. Imma start on Season 3 in the morning. Hope it's better than the previous two.

After what I remember season 3 is great!

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Aug. 4th, 2012 @ 05:27 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 05:54 AM, Decky wrote: I don't think that I have ever posted in this thread but I probably should have because I love to watch TV especially sitcoms. So here's my list of favorites that hopefully other people in here like too:

5. That Mitchell and Webb Look

Are you a fan of Peep Show? That's my favourite sitcom of all time, and stars David Mitchell and Robert Webb. There's a new series planned for 2012, BTW, after an unbearable two year hiatus. I'm obviously stoked.

Decky
Decky
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to TV Series Crew Aug. 4th, 2012 @ 05:32 PM Reply

At 8/4/12 05:27 PM, SG3 wrote:
At 7/27/12 05:54 AM, Decky wrote: 5. That Mitchell and Webb Look
Are you a fan of Peep Show?

I was watching it the other day for the first time in a while. I do like it but for a while I was hesitant to watch it. I'm not too sure why as I have always like Mitchell and Webb's other stuff. Because of this I haven't seen a lot of it.

There's a new series planned for 2012, BTW, after an unbearable two year hiatus. I'm obviously stoked.

I had heard that they were coming back, i'll defiantly be watching it, although I rarely watch the TV anymore so it'll probably be online.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Aug. 4th, 2012 @ 07:18 PM Reply

At 8/4/12 05:32 PM, Decky wrote:
At 8/4/12 05:27 PM, SG3 wrote:
At 7/27/12 05:54 AM, Decky wrote: 5. That Mitchell and Webb Look
Are you a fan of Peep Show?
I was watching it the other day for the first time in a while. I do like it but for a while I was hesitant to watch it. I'm not too sure why as I have always like Mitchell and Webb's other stuff. Because of this I haven't seen a lot of it.
There's a new series planned for 2012, BTW, after an unbearable two year hiatus. I'm obviously stoked.
I had heard that they were coming back, i'll defiantly be watching it, although I rarely watch the TV anymore so it'll probably be online.

It's pretty dark at times and often passes the awkward event-horizon, but I really like it. The internal monologues just appear so real, it's hilarious.