Be a Supporter!
Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 06:50 PM Reply

At 7/26/12 03:55 PM, uglybetty wrote: Question to everyone: what will happen now that deborah knows dexters killing? :O

Deborah is in love with Dexter... I guess they will figure out something. Deborah might be mad for a while, but she will not reveal it. Maybe she joins Dexter for their love/intrest? I have no idea, though. What do you think?

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Aug. 7th, 2012 @ 10:51 AM Reply

Watched the pilot of My So Called Life the other day and thought it was pretty decent. Since there's only one season and the box-set was cheap, decided to pick it up. Gonna watch the second episode now.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 12:27 PM Reply

At 8/7/12 10:51 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Watched the pilot of My So Called Life the other day and thought it was pretty decent. Since there's only one season and the box-set was cheap, decided to pick it up. Gonna watch the second episode now.

I love this show. Towards the middle there's a big emphasis on "teen-issues" and very special episodes, which feels very heavy-handed at times, but apart from that it's great.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 12:36 PM Reply

Watched the first two episodes of Party Down last night.

Really, really liked it. Will definitely watch the rest.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Aug. 11th, 2012 @ 03:32 PM Reply

At 8/10/12 12:36 PM, TheMaster wrote: Watched the first two episodes of Party Down last night.

Party Down is one of my favourite sitcoms of recent years. The cast is fantastic, as is the blend of comedy and realism. It's played just right, without being unbelievable or too downbeat. I'm buying the DVD as soon as it's released in October.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Aug. 11th, 2012 @ 04:23 PM Reply

At 8/11/12 03:32 PM, SG3 wrote:
At 8/10/12 12:36 PM, TheMaster wrote: Watched the first two episodes of Party Down last night.

Party Down is one of my favourite sitcoms of recent years. The cast is fantastic, as is the blend of comedy and realism. It's played just right, without being unbelievable or too downbeat. I'm buying the DVD as soon as it's released in October.

I finished season 1 yesterday, and watched 6 episodes of season 2 this morning.

Enjoying it. It's not on Arrested Development level or anything, but I think I like it more than Community. Parks and Rec is next on my list after this, I think.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 02:28 PM Reply

The latest episode of Breaking Bad is one of the best this season.

Weeds is just a horrible mess, but it's almost done and the episodes are only half an hour so I'm pulling through til the end.

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Aug. 22nd, 2012 @ 06:50 PM Reply

Anyone seen Terra Nova. The DVD is out soon and I'm debating on picking it up since I never caught any of it during its original run.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Aug. 22nd, 2012 @ 07:37 PM Reply

At 8/22/12 06:50 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Anyone seen Terra Nova. The DVD is out soon and I'm debating on picking it up since I never caught any of it during its original run.

Gets interesting at the very end, but the season basically amounts to build up for a show that has been cancelled. Not worth it.

BBS Signature
Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 05:24 AM Reply

Breaking Bad se 5, ep7.

I don't really like how they did turn in the last episode. It kinda feels like it has gone to be a whole lot of mess. How Walter just impulsivly kills Mike was just dumb in my opinion. He also stated to Jessie that there will be no more killing. I have no idea what will happen in the next episode, but as of now... I'm not happy with how it turned in this episode. But don't get me wrong; I like the show, but just not this episode.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 09:12 PM Reply

At 8/28/12 05:24 AM, Rawnern wrote: Breaking Bad se 5, ep7.
I'm not happy with how it turned in this episode. But don't get me wrong; I like the show, but just not this episode.

I completely agree with you and it's strange because people on other sites like Reddit are saying that was the best episode in the whole series. It seems like the writers and director (who was the lead writer on this episode) just wanted a moment for viewers' jaws to drop. It was an unexpected moment, but because it was such a stupid move and didn't feel right. Walt is supposed to be smart, and that was just a really fucked up decision.

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Aug. 31st, 2012 @ 07:57 AM Reply

Anyone ever seen Alias? Saw the complete collection today for £20. Debating taking a punt on it.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Sep. 2nd, 2012 @ 05:10 PM Reply

I'm now a huge fan of Community. I started watching it 3 days ago and now I'm a couple episodes into the second season. This is what the convenience of Netflix is doing to me. I'll be starting Mad Men soon.

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Sep. 3rd, 2012 @ 12:41 PM Reply

At 9/2/12 05:10 PM, Makeshift wrote: I'm now a huge fan of Community. I started watching it 3 days ago and now I'm a couple episodes into the second season. This is what the convenience of Netflix is doing to me. I'll be starting Mad Men soon.

It's such a great show, right!

I'm also way behind on Breaking Bad. I haven't yet finished season one yet. Can I get an extension on this assignment?

Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to TV Series Crew Sep. 4th, 2012 @ 07:26 AM Reply

I'm currently watching, or have watched, these:
Breaking Bad
Doctor Who
Torchwood
The Walking Dead
Misfits
Sherlock

I plan to watch these soon:
Life on Mars
The Shadow Line
Luther

What are some good British shows? I don't know of very many, and I want to watch more. I'd prefer it if it's drama, but I might go for some comedy shows. I'm usually a bit reluctant to watch anything comedy, though. I prefer shows that are more serious, maybe with a bit of comedy thrown in occasionally, like misfits and doctor who.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Sep. 4th, 2012 @ 08:58 AM Reply

At 9/4/12 07:26 AM, Jolly wrote: What are some good British shows?

Our Friends In The North
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
I, Claudius
Boys from the Blackstuff
Blake's 7
Survivors
Edge of Darkness

BBS Signature
SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Sep. 4th, 2012 @ 08:17 PM Reply

At 9/4/12 07:26 AM, Jolly wrote: What are some good British shows?I'm usually a bit reluctant to watch anything comedy, though. I prefer shows that are more serious, maybe with a bit of comedy thrown in occasionally, like misfits and doctor who.

I'd recommend Spaced and Peep Show. Both are off-kilter sitcoms WITHOUT laugh-tracks. Peep Show would probably be more to your liking, as the comedy is a lot darker and realistic. Spaced is more surreal.

Can't offer anything serious, really. Mainly due to ignorance, but I also feel other genres tend to have more emphasis on spectacle that, due to budgetary reasons, British shows rarely manage to deliver. It's this reason I gave up on Doctor Who (before David Tennant's run was through, even), but I'm told I do need to give that another chance.

uglybetty
uglybetty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Sep. 11th, 2012 @ 11:39 AM Reply

Anyone here pumped for Dexter?

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Sep. 11th, 2012 @ 12:48 PM Reply

Sons of Anarchy back on tonight. Best show on TV at the minute.

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 12:30 PM Reply

Got all five seasons of Alias for my birthday today. Gonna finish the last three episodes of My So-Called Life today and then start on it next week probably.

BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to TV Series Crew Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 07:21 PM Reply

At 9/4/12 08:58 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 9/4/12 07:26 AM, Jolly wrote: What are some good British shows?
Our Friends In The North
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
I, Claudius
Boys from the Blackstuff
Blake's 7
Survivors
Edge of Darkness

I'll probably check some of those out. Our friends in the north looks really interesting.

At 9/4/12 08:17 PM, SG3 wrote:
At 9/4/12 07:26 AM, Jolly wrote: What are some good British shows?I'm usually a bit reluctant to watch anything comedy, though. I prefer shows that are more serious, maybe with a bit of comedy thrown in occasionally, like misfits and doctor who.
I'd recommend Spaced and Peep Show. Both are off-kilter sitcoms WITHOUT laugh-tracks. Peep Show would probably be more to your liking, as the comedy is a lot darker and realistic. Spaced is more surreal.

I watched the first season of peep show a few months ago. For some reason only the first season is available on netflix. I have the other seasons now though, so I'll probably continue it soon.

I don't know why I haven't watched spaced yet. Shaun of the dead and Hot Fuzz are some of my favourite movies.

At 9/11/12 12:48 PM, TheMaster wrote: Sons of Anarchy back on tonight. Best show on TV at the minute.

I've been meaning to watch it. A show about bikers doesn't really sound that appealing though.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 08:23 PM Reply

At 9/12/12 07:21 PM, Jolly wrote: I've been meaning to watch it. A show about bikers doesn't really sound that appealing though.

Exactly why it's not on the top of my list of shows to watch. Show about a bunch of fags?

It would suck if no one got that reference.

TV Series Crew

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to TV Series Crew Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 05:25 PM Reply

The Walking Dead

&

Supernatural

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 09:28 AM Reply

I'm slooooooooooooowly catching up with Breaking Bad. Towards the end of season 2.

I really don't find the subject-matter particularly interesting, but the writing and characterisation is particularly good, so I'm trying to stick with it. If only TWD could have such complex and believable characters.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 10:25 PM Reply

I started watching LOST and I have no idea why. I hadn't really planned on attempting to watch this until I got through some other shows, but if I just stop now I'll probably have to rewatch these first 5 episodes later, so I'll keep going until I get bored. So far it's not too great, but I'm interested in this secret of Locke's.

Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to TV Series Crew Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 02:14 AM Reply

At 9/12/12 08:23 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 9/12/12 07:21 PM, Jolly wrote: I've been meaning to watch it. A show about bikers doesn't really sound that appealing though.
Exactly why it's not on the top of my list of shows to watch. Show about a bunch of fags?

It would suck if no one got that reference.

I got it! Bikecurious!

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to TV Series Crew Oct. 2nd, 2012 @ 08:35 AM Reply

At 9/13/12 05:25 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: The Walking Dead

One of the best series ever!

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

jaws720
jaws720
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to TV Series Crew Oct. 2nd, 2012 @ 12:10 PM Reply

South park
Jersey shore
Keeping Up With The Kardashians
honey boo boo child
Family guy
Loiter squad

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 10:03 PM Reply

Parks and Recreation is back, and consistently funny as always.

Aside from that, I've only really been watching The Muppet Show and Adventure Time. Decided to give Breaking Bad a break. Show is very dark.

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to TV Series Crew Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:08 AM Reply

Anyone else been watching The Walking Dead? I'm really surprised by how good it's been lately.