00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OzoneOverdose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Blackout

62,840 Views | 249 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 00:34:10

I would be pissed if i spent over 10 years building one of the best websites known to man and then having it ripped out of the internet way to much time and effort to go down like this beacause over 3 million people petitioned over the past couple of weeks this bill shall not pass legaly THANKS TOM

SCRUB= ROBOT HEMPRAIDER PRODUCTIONS

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 00:52:46

hell yeah Tom show those jerkoffs in he RIAA and MPAA just who is the master of this domain they are so rudely trying to hijack

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 02:02:42

I've always liked Tom. He's righteous as hell. I wanted NG to play extreme hardball and blackout from 12:00 am to 11:59 pm and blacked out everything, including the forums and portals. Still, I think he got his point across.

Giving out writing reviews to anyone who wants them (exception: poems. I'll find you).

BBS Signature

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 02:05:45

this is all well and good but just like every other bill that your overlords want to get in that seems unpopular, they'll just tack it onto something like the Protection of Kittens and Puppies Act

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 02:41:55

At 1/19/12 02:05 AM, jonthomson wrote: this is all well and good but just like every other bill that your overlords want to get in that seems unpopular, they'll just tack it onto something like the Protection of Kittens and Puppies Act

The irony of this, is that they actually do this. Small sections/subsections hide details that the public isn't knowingly aware of until the bill gets passed/denied.

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 03:32:22

America is officially a hypocrite. Censoring the internet while denouncing countries with censorship laws.

This is the beginning of the death of the internet- and America as a whole. I cry.

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 04:41:05

Since Google is also aboard the anti-SOPA and PIPA ship, the chances of them succeeding are slim.

BBS Signature

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 05:55:36

You have all help of interncaional contrys Tom.
I from Brazil and i help say NO to .SO.P.A.

Blackout

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 06:40:34

The majority of the people are saying NO but they vote what they want. Plus, i'm pretty sure some Congress members are going to miss fapping XD

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 09:03:41

yeah!we kicked their butts!fuck sopa!keep going on guys!

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 10:01:09

At 1/17/12 05:00 PM, TomFulp wrote

To answer the question everyone has been asking, YES, we are going to participate in the Internet blackout tomorrow inotest of SOPA / PIPA.

Read my SOPA post for more info about how SOPA would impact Newgrounds. While the bill has faced recent setbacks, it is still a looming threat to the Internet, as is PIPA.

We need to make it clear that we will not tolerate anything that establishes government censorship of the Internet, no matter what the intentions.

Me: Good! This was on the news! I'm just glad newgrounds is still up for now! And google, wikipedia, duckduckduck, (I read this online) So I hope this will stay... at least for now... :(

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 12:25:26

i propose that all Texan's make damn sure that Representative Lamar S. Smith isn't in office next year!

No lives matter

BBS Signature

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 13:26:02

At 1/17/12 05:15 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/17/12 05:10 PM, Bahamut wrote: Is this the WHOLE site going down or just front page as you previously stated?
Really just the front page, so you can still find the rest if you come in from behind.

better start looking for links then...

also i support the blackout becuase if the goverment passes sopa or any bill like it they are pretty much saying "oh we might make you follow the rules that you can not put down people for what they say,do,put on the web, but we can so you can take your fredom of speech,the press,etc and shove it up your ass!!!"

that is pretty much what they are saying to people if they pass sopa becuase one it convlicts with another online bill and two it will restrict our freedom of expresion.

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 14:11:08

Google has a petition that you can sign right on their homepage, and a link to post it up on facebook after to tell your friends to sign. I would suggest doing so. We can't let them take THIS freedom away from us.

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 16:16:30

I respect all of the sites that blacked out in protest.
Another thing, Google has pledged that if the bill did pass that they would support shackle free interwebs and not enforce it with all the cards they have in their hands.
ALL HAILTOM AND FREE WEBNETS.

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 17:43:03

WOO HOO! CENSORING AGAINST SOPA AND SHIT!!! ... wait... when?

Jus' keep on rockin', ya'll. Keep on rockin'.

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 18:18:39

At 1/18/12 01:22 PM, WadeFulp wrote: BTW, you can bypass the Wiki blackout too. You just have to fiddle with the ESC key when loading a page.

Yeah, I worked that out as well. You just had to let it load the article then stop it loading the protest page. Anyway, I hope SOPA doesn't pass, but I seriously doubt it will.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 18:57:32

Hey i neeed someone to animate an intro for my minecraft series on youtube!!! message me if u can it would help a lot(:

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 21:03:47

At 1/19/12 06:18 PM, Dromedary wrote:
Yeah, I worked that out as well. You just had to let it load the article then stop it loading the protest page. Anyway, I hope SOPA doesn't pass, but I seriously doubt it will.

arghh I am a pirate I like to pirate :>

Myspace

Website Coming SoonPurevolume

<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 21:40:53

All this is great. Now. How many of you have contacted YOUR REPRESENTATIVES??? These Senators who like PIPA (Cardin, I'm talking to YOU!) and Representatives who back SOPA deserve what they should get and continue to get - shitstorms of angry posts overturning their inboxes, and gallons of wind-driven piss flooding their phone lines. Sorry about the french, but if you're not actively protesting TO the powers that be, then what the HELL are you doing???

And yes, I'm yelling on line. I get like that when I really get pissed off, which isn't all that often. This is an exception. And it makes me want to take my rank avatar upside the head of some of these clowns!

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 22:02:54

..Huh?
Noone mentioned how Fulp&Co wanted to say "no" to SOPA (since it would take away their monies), but didn't wanted to say "no" to monies, so they put frikkin ad for their game on blackout page?
I'm thrilled.

Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 22:10:13

SOPA isn't gone yet...they will probably copy and paste or revise it onto the H.R. 1981 bill.

"The people who wrote SOPA and PIPA have a royal flush. What people don't know about is the ace: H.R.1981, the Protecting Children From Internet..."

link

Response to Blackout 2012-01-20 00:30:19

God damn right Tom.

live evil

Response to Blackout 2012-01-20 06:27:20

Those who think that the SOPA bill will stop online piracy is just wishful thinking.

And do you know that Lamar Smith does piracy?

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature

Response to Blackout 2012-01-20 10:49:31

At 1/17/12 05:00 PM, TomFulp wrote: To answer the question everyone has been asking, YES, we are going to participate in the Internet blackout tomorrow in protest of SOPA / PIPA.

Read my SOPA post for more info about how SOPA would impact Newgrounds. While the bill has faced recent setbacks, it is still a looming threat to the Internet, as is PIPA.

We need to make it clear that we will not tolerate anything that establishes government censorship of the Internet, no matter what the intentions.

I agree but newgrounds is the best at taking down pirated or illegal uploads it would be a blunder for sopa to youch it

Response to Blackout 2012-01-20 11:42:41

All I have to say, Mr. Fulp, is thank you. Thank you for helping the cause of the internet, along with people like Mr. Wales from Wikipedia, and all the millions of people who were part of the protest. Thank you for helping us Texans who use the internet stop the bill that the representative (Lamar Smith (R-TX)) we Texans so stupidly elected proposed.
Lamar Smith is a disgrace to the state of Texas, and a dishonor to the United States of America. Any and all attempts to take down his bill, and him with it, are greatly appreciated from me and my fellow Texans.
So again, on the behalf of the State of Texas, and its internet users, I thank you.
EricKilla,
Chief Development Officer,
ForgeWare Inc.

[`.-.]EricKilla

Head of Players Against Stat-Padders, Cheaters, and Exploiters

http://www.paspche.webs.com/

Response to Blackout 2012-01-20 17:00:59

SOPA and PIPA have now been officially shelved by Congress.

Blackout

Just testing things out l popcorn

XWarrior code 61: There's family, friends, and honor. In terms of importance: 1 is permanent, 2 and 3 are interchangeable.

BBS Signature

Response to Blackout 2012-01-20 17:36:16

At 1/20/12 05:00 PM, XWarrior61 wrote: SOPA and PIPA have now been officially shelved by Congress.

Wrong, there's also ACTA. A third bill to get rid of. How many meaningless attempts will politicians keep pulling out to kill the internet? They're acting like little kids.

Discord: Eltro#4304

BBS Signature

Response to Blackout 2012-01-20 17:40:27

Actually, that wasn't an anti-internet bill, it's a bill that has high possibilities of instantly creating a world government. ACTA stands for Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement.

Discord: Eltro#4304

BBS Signature

Response to Blackout 2012-01-21 00:19:18

Blackout party at my place!

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature