Rsrdaman
Rsrdaman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Blackout Jan. 18th, 2012 @ 09:26 PM Reply

At 1/18/12 09:20 PM, juanon90 wrote:
At 1/18/12 09:05 PM, FrostedMonkeyFlakes wrote: It seems that during the blackouts at least 6 senators have pulled their support for SOPA/PIPA. Hardly a victory but it's something at least.
indeed i thin were gonna win

SOPA will definately fall, just look at the bottom of this page.
PIPA is supported much more, I still hope they both fall though.
If it passes, we aren't a "free country" anymore, which could lead to the govmnt. doing all sorts of bullshit.

BBS Signature
Faires
Faires
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Response to Blackout Jan. 18th, 2012 @ 09:34 PM Reply

Glorius!!!

Blackout

Happy X-Mas!!!
Woundersplenndin'!

BBS Signature
yesysh
yesysh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Blackout Jan. 18th, 2012 @ 09:42 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 05:02 PM, MiloBased wrote: BLACK USERS UNITE!!!

WE WILL NOT STAND BY WHILE NO ONE SEES US STANDING BY DUE TO OUR SKIN COLOR!!!

WE SHALL FIGHT FOR A BRIGHTER NEWGROUNDS!!

What are you talking about MiloBased?

Don't stay in school kids ;)

asshead1
asshead1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout Jan. 18th, 2012 @ 09:51 PM Reply

The blackout was too short in my opinion.

PsyhcoWalrus
PsyhcoWalrus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Blackout Jan. 18th, 2012 @ 09:55 PM Reply

Thank you Tom for participating in the strike. Newgrounds users need to realize how important stopping SOPA and PIPA actually is. I would hate to see this site or any other great sites that I use get taken off the web because United States government decides so.

America needs to wake up and take charge. They can't let their government censor and nazi them around like that. The internet should be a free and open to everyone and everything. Once your government starts restricting what you are and aren't allowed to see on the internet and what websites you're allowed to go to, it'll be the start of an authoritarian government. Hopefully not a communist one though.

I've been thinking. The United States government has been trying to take away the people's rights for a while now. They make it hard to obtain a gun, they try to find ways to limit the people's freedom of speech by making ridiculous hate crimes, and now they're trying to block and erase entire websites from the world wide web. It's really starting to sound like the Feds are getting more power hungry every year. But we can stop SOPA and PIPA. Hopefully the House of Representatives sees the need and urgency to stop this bill.

Neo Classical Shredder

BBS Signature
Asen4835
Asen4835
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout Jan. 18th, 2012 @ 09:58 PM Reply

If that bill gets past, I give facebook, newgrounds, and youtube about an hour before the government steps in

Th-e
Th-e
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout Jan. 18th, 2012 @ 10:19 PM Reply

Are you aware that a similar law has passed in Spain?
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/2012010 4/04252517273/spanish-government-adopts-
its-own-version-sopa-sinde-law-approved.
shtml

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/04/sinde -law-brings-sopa-like-restirctions-to-sp ain/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/si nde-law-illegal-downloads-269328

And they say that the U.S. pressured them to pass it.
Odds are that SOPA will passonce Americans think they won and get distracted from it.

Feel no mercy for me. It will only cause you to suffer as well.

zafon03
zafon03
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Blackout Jan. 18th, 2012 @ 10:30 PM Reply

You Tell them Tom, we cant allow SOPA to control the internet and what we watch.
We need to show them that acts like this can not be tolerated.

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout Jan. 18th, 2012 @ 10:36 PM Reply

Fucking bill backers dropped it. You ALL can stop holding your breaths now.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
Th-e
Th-e
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout Jan. 18th, 2012 @ 10:38 PM Reply

At 1/18/12 10:36 PM, Computer112 wrote: Fucking bill backers dropped it. You ALL can stop holding your breaths now.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Read above what I said about Spain. The backers may try and pass it when we get distracted.

Eltro2kneo
Eltro2kneo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Blackout Jan. 18th, 2012 @ 10:39 PM Reply

At 1/18/12 10:19 PM, Th-e wrote: Are you aware that a similar law has passed in Spain?
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/2012010 4/04252517273/spanish-government-adopts-
shtml

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/04/sinde -law-brings-sopa-like-restirctions-to-sp ain/

Odds are that SOPA will passonce Americans think they won and get distracted from it.

It's official, Spain is stupid, why couldn't they use their heads instead of their dicks?

In other news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzS5rSvZX e8&feature=g-u-u&context=G2d30517FUAAAAA AABAA
SOPA's still alive, but at least it's very weak now. Mike Mozart, what were you thinking? Why couldn't you tell us the UK story was old news? I've seen that article about a month ago, you think it's relevant now?

Words do not kill people, people kill words.
You have no enemies, you are your enemy.
Eltro Mato

Eltro2kneo
Eltro2kneo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Blackout Jan. 18th, 2012 @ 10:41 PM Reply

At 1/18/12 10:39 PM, Eltro2kneo wrote:
At 1/18/12 10:19 PM, Th-e wrote: Are you aware that a similar law has passed in Spain?
shtml

It's official, Spain is stupid, why couldn't they use their heads instead of their dicks?

In other news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzS5rSvZX e8&feature=g-u-u&context=G2d30517FUAAAAA AABAA
SOPA's still alive, but at least it's very weak now. Mike Mozart, what were you thinking? Why couldn't you tell us the UK story was old news? I've seen that article about a month ago, you think it's relevant now?

Mike Mozart's latest SOPA video (sigh)

Sorry for the repost, I messed up on the URL.

Words do not kill people, people kill words.
You have no enemies, you are your enemy.
Eltro Mato

Th-e
Th-e
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout Jan. 18th, 2012 @ 10:42 PM Reply

At 1/18/12 10:39 PM, Eltro2kneo wrote:

Spain was allegedly bullied by the United States. Stuff about trade restrictions actions that would have threatened an already fragile economy there.

Salnax
Salnax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Blackout Jan. 18th, 2012 @ 10:58 PM Reply

It's never going to be the same again. If we forget to be careful, they'll just pass it behind our backs.

I propose we do this every year. On January 18, the internet should stand united, declaring that they will not be silenced, will not be censored, will not be controlled. Thoughts?

Steve84
Steve84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Blackout Jan. 18th, 2012 @ 11:11 PM Reply

Damn right down with this SOPA and PIPA acts fuck them

Tateos
Tateos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Blackout Jan. 18th, 2012 @ 11:39 PM Reply

I'm worried about PIPA.
Yes, we've all rallied and almost killed the evil SOAP, but PIPA hasn't gotten nearly as much recognition as SOPA, and PIPA is in the damn Senate. PIPA seems to be stronger than SOPA was, and it's gone practically unnoticed in comparison to SOPA. I haven't heard much about PIPA losing support, and although it's great that SOPA has lost strength, it worries me that PIPA seems to be doing just fine.

rajNG
rajNG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Blackout Jan. 18th, 2012 @ 11:44 PM Reply

A OPEN,and free Internet GOOD! PIPA and SOPA BAD!

retrauk
retrauk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Blackout Jan. 19th, 2012 @ 12:01 AM Reply

At 1/18/12 10:58 PM, Salnax wrote: It's never going to be the same again. If we forget to be careful, they'll just pass it behind our backs.

I propose we do this every year. On January 18, the internet should stand united, declaring that they will not be silenced, will not be censored, will not be controlled. Thoughts?

I agree 100% I know if I have my own website by then, that it will be down on Jan. 18 2013

curttt13
curttt13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Filmmaker
Response to Blackout Jan. 19th, 2012 @ 12:34 AM Reply

I would be pissed if i spent over 10 years building one of the best websites known to man and then having it ripped out of the internet way to much time and effort to go down like this beacause over 3 million people petitioned over the past couple of weeks this bill shall not pass legaly THANKS TOM

SCRUB= ROBOT HEMPRAIDER PRODUCTIONS

RedMongoose
RedMongoose
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout Jan. 19th, 2012 @ 12:52 AM Reply

hell yeah Tom show those jerkoffs in he RIAA and MPAA just who is the master of this domain they are so rudely trying to hijack

DeftAndEvil
DeftAndEvil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Blackout Jan. 19th, 2012 @ 02:02 AM Reply

I've always liked Tom. He's righteous as hell. I wanted NG to play extreme hardball and blackout from 12:00 am to 11:59 pm and blacked out everything, including the forums and portals. Still, I think he got his point across.

Despite the name, I'm actually good--Deft, and good!

Giving out reviews to anyone who wants them (exception: poems. I'll find you).

BBS Signature
jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Blackout Jan. 19th, 2012 @ 02:05 AM Reply

this is all well and good but just like every other bill that your overlords want to get in that seems unpopular, they'll just tack it onto something like the Protection of Kittens and Puppies Act

SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to Blackout Jan. 19th, 2012 @ 02:09 AM Reply

This blackout was amazing and extremely effective. Many U.S. Senators and House Representatives withdrew their support; I'm glad that some of the giants of the Internet, Wikipedia and Google, participated in this strike against Internet censorship.

I'm also glad that Newgrounds participated as well. These kinds of bills will never be signed into law if we sustain our visible opposition to them. Internet freedom must never be suppressed, no matter what.

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
AnonOps
AnonOps
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout Jan. 19th, 2012 @ 02:41 AM Reply

At 1/19/12 02:05 AM, jonthomson wrote: this is all well and good but just like every other bill that your overlords want to get in that seems unpopular, they'll just tack it onto something like the Protection of Kittens and Puppies Act

The irony of this, is that they actually do this. Small sections/subsections hide details that the public isn't knowingly aware of until the bill gets passed/denied.

joe9320
joe9320
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Blackout Jan. 19th, 2012 @ 03:32 AM Reply

America is officially a hypocrite. Censoring the internet while denouncing countries with censorship laws.

This is the beginning of the death of the internet- and America as a whole. I cry.

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature
Aliensandwich
Aliensandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to Blackout Jan. 19th, 2012 @ 04:41 AM Reply

Since Google is also aboard the anti-SOPA and PIPA ship, the chances of them succeeding are slim.

BBS Signature
danielgi1
danielgi1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout Jan. 19th, 2012 @ 05:55 AM Reply

You have all help of interncaional contrys Tom.
I from Brazil and i help say NO to .SO.P.A.

Blackout

Thecraz100
Thecraz100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Blackout Jan. 19th, 2012 @ 06:40 AM Reply

The majority of the people are saying NO but they vote what they want. Plus, i'm pretty sure some Congress members are going to miss fapping XD

kovo
kovo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to Blackout Jan. 19th, 2012 @ 09:03 AM Reply

yeah!we kicked their butts!fuck sopa!keep going on guys!

Okdontkillme
Okdontkillme
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout Jan. 19th, 2012 @ 10:01 AM Reply

At 1/17/12 05:00 PM, TomFulp wrote

To answer the question everyone has been asking, YES, we are going to participate in the Internet blackout tomorrow inotest of SOPA / PIPA.

Read my SOPA post for more info about how SOPA would impact Newgrounds. While the bill has faced recent setbacks, it is still a looming threat to the Internet, as is PIPA.

We need to make it clear that we will not tolerate anything that establishes government censorship of the Internet, no matter what the intentions.

Me: Good! This was on the news! I'm just glad newgrounds is still up for now! And google, wikipedia, duckduckduck, (I read this online) So I hope this will stay... at least for now... :(