Respond to this Topic
paradigmvulpes
paradigmvulpes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 12:25:26 Reply

i propose that all Texan's make damn sure that Representative Lamar S. Smith isn't in office next year!

thastorm
thastorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 13:26:02 Reply

At 1/17/12 05:15 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/17/12 05:10 PM, Bahamut wrote: Is this the WHOLE site going down or just front page as you previously stated?
Really just the front page, so you can still find the rest if you come in from behind.

better start looking for links then...

also i support the blackout becuase if the goverment passes sopa or any bill like it they are pretty much saying "oh we might make you follow the rules that you can not put down people for what they say,do,put on the web, but we can so you can take your fredom of speech,the press,etc and shove it up your ass!!!"

that is pretty much what they are saying to people if they pass sopa becuase one it convlicts with another online bill and two it will restrict our freedom of expresion.

AlastorSX
AlastorSX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 14:11:08 Reply

Google has a petition that you can sign right on their homepage, and a link to post it up on facebook after to tell your friends to sign. I would suggest doing so. We can't let them take THIS freedom away from us.

Charoget
Charoget
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 16:16:30 Reply

I respect all of the sites that blacked out in protest.
Another thing, Google has pledged that if the bill did pass that they would support shackle free interwebs and not enforce it with all the cards they have in their hands.
ALL HAILTOM AND FREE WEBNETS.

TotalN
TotalN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 17:43:03 Reply

WOO HOO! CENSORING AGAINST SOPA AND SHIT!!! ... wait... when?

Jus' keep on rockin', ya'll. Keep on rockin'.

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 18:18:39 Reply

At 1/18/12 01:22 PM, WadeFulp wrote: BTW, you can bypass the Wiki blackout too. You just have to fiddle with the ESC key when loading a page.

Yeah, I worked that out as well. You just had to let it load the article then stop it loading the protest page. Anyway, I hope SOPA doesn't pass, but I seriously doubt it will.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
legitxreact
legitxreact
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 18:57:32 Reply

Hey i neeed someone to animate an intro for my minecraft series on youtube!!! message me if u can it would help a lot(:

nakedxbabe
nakedxbabe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 21:03:47 Reply

At 1/19/12 06:18 PM, Dromedary wrote:
Yeah, I worked that out as well. You just had to let it load the article then stop it loading the protest page. Anyway, I hope SOPA doesn't pass, but I seriously doubt it will.

arghh I am a pirate I like to pirate :>

Myspace
Website Coming SoonPurevolume
<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature
ffeineandsugar
ffeineandsugar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 21:40:53 Reply

All this is great. Now. How many of you have contacted YOUR REPRESENTATIVES??? These Senators who like PIPA (Cardin, I'm talking to YOU!) and Representatives who back SOPA deserve what they should get and continue to get - shitstorms of angry posts overturning their inboxes, and gallons of wind-driven piss flooding their phone lines. Sorry about the french, but if you're not actively protesting TO the powers that be, then what the HELL are you doing???

And yes, I'm yelling on line. I get like that when I really get pissed off, which isn't all that often. This is an exception. And it makes me want to take my rank avatar upside the head of some of these clowns!

shinobody
shinobody
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 22:02:54 Reply

..Huh?
Noone mentioned how Fulp&Co wanted to say "no" to SOPA (since it would take away their monies), but didn't wanted to say "no" to monies, so they put frikkin ad for their game on blackout page?
I'm thrilled.

Fisky
Fisky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Blackout 2012-01-19 22:10:13 Reply

SOPA isn't gone yet...they will probably copy and paste or revise it onto the H.R. 1981 bill.

"The people who wrote SOPA and PIPA have a royal flush. What people don't know about is the ace: H.R.1981, the Protecting Children From Internet..."

link

carljonson
carljonson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout 2012-01-20 00:30:19 Reply

God damn right Tom.

live evil

joe9320
joe9320
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Blackout 2012-01-20 06:27:20 Reply

Those who think that the SOPA bill will stop online piracy is just wishful thinking.

And do you know that Lamar Smith does piracy?

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout 2012-01-20 09:27:52 Reply

At 1/19/12 10:10 PM, Fisky wrote: SOPA isn't gone yet...they will probably copy and paste or revise it onto the H.R. 1981 bill.

"The people who wrote SOPA and PIPA have a royal flush. What people don't know about is the ace: H.R.1981, the Protecting Children From Internet..."

link

So... One way or another... we still fuck up.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
jmaster570
jmaster570
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout 2012-01-20 10:49:31 Reply

At 1/17/12 05:00 PM, TomFulp wrote: To answer the question everyone has been asking, YES, we are going to participate in the Internet blackout tomorrow in protest of SOPA / PIPA.

Read my SOPA post for more info about how SOPA would impact Newgrounds. While the bill has faced recent setbacks, it is still a looming threat to the Internet, as is PIPA.

We need to make it clear that we will not tolerate anything that establishes government censorship of the Internet, no matter what the intentions.

I agree but newgrounds is the best at taking down pirated or illegal uploads it would be a blunder for sopa to youch it

EricKilla
EricKilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout 2012-01-20 11:42:41 Reply

All I have to say, Mr. Fulp, is thank you. Thank you for helping the cause of the internet, along with people like Mr. Wales from Wikipedia, and all the millions of people who were part of the protest. Thank you for helping us Texans who use the internet stop the bill that the representative (Lamar Smith (R-TX)) we Texans so stupidly elected proposed.
Lamar Smith is a disgrace to the state of Texas, and a dishonor to the United States of America. Any and all attempts to take down his bill, and him with it, are greatly appreciated from me and my fellow Texans.
So again, on the behalf of the State of Texas, and its internet users, I thank you.
EricKilla,
Chief Development Officer,
ForgeWare Inc.

[`.-.]EricKilla
Head of Players Against Stat-Padders, Cheaters, and Exploiters
http://www.paspche.webs.com/

XWarrior61
XWarrior61
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout 2012-01-20 17:00:59 Reply

SOPA and PIPA have now been officially shelved by Congress.

Blackout

Just testing things out l popcorn
XWarrior code 61: There's family, friends, and honor. In terms of importance: 1 is permanent, 2 and 3 are interchangeable.

BBS Signature
Eltro2kneo
Eltro2kneo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Blackout 2012-01-20 17:36:16 Reply

At 1/20/12 05:00 PM, XWarrior61 wrote: SOPA and PIPA have now been officially shelved by Congress.

Wrong, there's also ACTA. A third bill to get rid of. How many meaningless attempts will politicians keep pulling out to kill the internet? They're acting like little kids.

Words do not kill people, people kill words.
You have no enemies, you are your enemy.
Eltro Mato

Eltro2kneo
Eltro2kneo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Blackout 2012-01-20 17:40:27 Reply

Actually, that wasn't an anti-internet bill, it's a bill that has high possibilities of instantly creating a world government. ACTA stands for Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement.

Words do not kill people, people kill words.
You have no enemies, you are your enemy.
Eltro Mato

armyloser
armyloser
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Blackout 2012-01-20 19:22:15 Reply

DARN IT!!!

:P

Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Blackout 2012-01-20 20:05:29 Reply

At 1/17/12 05:00 PM, TomFulp wrote: We need to make it clear that we will not tolerate anything that establishes government censorship of the Internet, no matter what the intentions.

Here here!

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
aquaticmole
aquaticmole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Blackout 2012-01-21 00:19:18 Reply

Blackout party at my place!

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout 2012-01-21 00:37:31 Reply

MEGAUPLOAD is its first victim!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
trabajaba7
trabajaba7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout 2012-01-21 01:15:14 Reply

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arch ive/2011/08/the-legislation-that-could-k ill-internet-privacy-for-good/242853/
"under language approved 19 to 10 by a House committee, the firm that sells you Internet access would be required to track all of your Internet activity and save it for 18 months, along with your name, the address where you live, your bank account numbers, your credit card numbers, and IP addresses you've been assigned."

This is trying to be passed in the shadow of SOPA/PIPA and we can't let them pull this fast one on us, sorry for putting this is multiple places, but seriously the internet needs to strike again!

Crashing Smashing, Lots of noise all around him, ....
if you are lucky his friends will send for all the king's horses and all the kings men

Asego
Asego
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Blackout 2012-01-21 09:48:40 Reply

If u ask me, all major sites should coordinate this & black out on them same day, mayb a saturday just 2 get the weekend users' attention. besides, that way schools could do it to. once the big sites have a set date, the rest could just hop on the bandwagon.
I'm saying this because i was affected by 2 of them on separate days (wiki, then ng). not a big impact.
If half the internet went down on the same day, i would be thinking "was this a coordinated cyber attack, did sopa/pipa pass early, or was this organised by the sites?"
that would have a bigger impact.

Thanks to me...

BBS Signature
nimble-nick
nimble-nick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout 2012-01-21 11:51:50 Reply

At 1/17/12 05:08 PM, Lanfrader wrote: WE WILL SMUSH THE COCK OF FREEDOM INTO THE FACE OF CORRUPTION!!!!

Sooo many idiot I swear... you can live without a site for 24 hours, but if SOPA gets passed this site will be closed forever. Thanks to the black out, many people contacted their local congressmen and told them how they felt, I know I did. Tom wasn't doing it to be cool...

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Blackout 2012-01-21 14:13:53 Reply

Seriously, when I look at the SOPA/PIPA list of supporter... WTF? Half of then aren't even really major in digital stuff.

How the fuck do Walmart, Tobacco, Tiffany & Co, L'Oreal and another tons of real estate companies have ANYTHING to do with piracy???!

BBS Signature
KnightOfVoid
KnightOfVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Blackout 2012-01-22 00:30:13 Reply

Obama said he would not support SOPA or PIPA. expect it to be Vetoed if it passes congress.
Thats one of the only good things he's done while in office.

Androidk
Androidk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Blackout 2012-01-22 02:39:32 Reply

I WILL KILL, DESTROY, DECAPITATE, DISMEMBER, ELIMINATE, RHINOCRATE, NEUTER, SPAY, INJECT, HANG, GAS, NUKE, CARBONATE, VAPORIZE, TERMINATE, AND STICK AN AMERICAN FLAGPOLE IN THE ASS OF ANYONE WHO AGREES WITH SOPA/PIPA!!! AND YOU CAN BET I WILL STILL SALUTE THAT ASS FLAG PROUDLY!!!!!

Blackout

(Androidk) Send me an email, banjo_10441@hotmail.com

Androidk
Androidk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Blackout 2012-01-22 02:44:57 Reply

I AM SO F--KIN THERE!!

(Androidk) Send me an email, banjo_10441@hotmail.com