00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

hizzacked just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Cd 2011 Project Results!

89,182 Views | 620 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2012-10-29 01:31:51

I'm reasonably certain that I will be shitting bacon strips when I can finally order a hard copy or two.

Also, I know we're focusing on the actual release at the moment, but I haven't heard tell of any news regarding the shirts in a while. Is that still going to be a thing?

Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2012-11-03 17:47:53

YES THINGS ARE BEING TAKEN CARE OF.

I planned for October 15th to be the release date, so I made a lot of plans afterwards. Since this unexpected delay came along, its taking me a little bit to get everything together and solve the problem. I am simply PMing the people I need WAVs from. No biggy. I am definitely doing another one of these, just to let you guys know. Next time I will know EXACTLY what to do! I love all of your hard work and patience.

Im moving into a new apartment, Apple decided to have me work 14 days in a row because of new products, and I have fallen in love, so sorry for the delay. Keep checking back!! I will PM everyone once everything is A OK.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2012-11-10 15:54:49

At 11/3/12 05:47 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: YES THINGS ARE BEING TAKEN CARE OF.

Im moving into a new apartment, Apple decided to have me work 14 days in a row because of new products, and I have fallen in love, so sorry for the delay. Keep checking back!! I will PM everyone once everything is A OK.

waiting for it brah

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2012-11-23 08:49:22

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2012-11-26 01:07:59

Are we going to have the physical release by Christmas? it would be awful nice.

Patiently waiting.

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--

Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2012-12-05 09:27:53

Yoooooo,

Anymore updates here? (bawmp)

Check out my album, "Virtually Conducted #1: Bonhoga": here!

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2012-12-08 06:32:52

When will the songs be reuploaded, the ones with the bad quality?

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-01-15 22:46:01

Alright guys so we REALLY only need one more thing to fix this CD & make the release not sound like shit. (Nick S.) FKWAJP has recently caught up with me, and informed me that our CD Distributor (Digital Slave) was the guilty party in drastically lowering the quality of everyone's tracks. (This is just what I've heard, I'm not trying to point unnecessary fingers, just trying to get this fixed). Anyway I've requested that my partner label "Dirt, Lies, & Audio" Review the whole cd for a fresh & proper re-release; so here's what that means for you guys...

Nick has asked that I collect the original wavs from everyone involved, and I re-compile the whole thing to be updated; He has recently been very busy with some huge internship opportunities, story-boarding endeavors, and many other wonderful distractions. Although this my stick a bit in our sides, I'm super stoked that things are going great for our good buddy, and I really think we should be able to finish this off from where he's left us :].

I will be PMing everyone about their tracks today and tomorrow & I hope to get replys from everyone one way or anther, and if you read this BEFORE you get a PM pleaseeee just get it to me asap.

Thanks so much for your time guys, I know it sucks to be still doing this but lets finish it off for good, for good!

~Sonik

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-01-16 00:35:56

At 1/15/13 10:46 PM, XsakuX wrote: Alright guys so we REALLY only need one more thing to fix this CD & make the release not sound like shit. (Nick S.) FKWAJP has recently caught up with me, and informed me that our CD Distributor (Digital Slave) was the guilty party

It was because nick converted mp3 to wavs for distribution and i did warn him that it was not a good idea. We just released what we got sent to us.

Anyway if nick wanted, he could have pm'd me and i would have showed him how release the songs him self without a label.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-01-16 01:28:10

It was because nick converted mp3 to wavs for distribution and i did warn him that it was not a good idea. We just released what we got sent to us.

Anyway if nick wanted, he could have pm'd me and i would have showed him how release the songs him self without a label.

like I said man, I dunn wanna start a ruckus. I just wanna get this thing consolidated for good (also the beatport artist tags need fixin)

trying to kill two birds with one stone is all

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-01-16 01:35:34

Yeah no worries sonik, i just want it over and done with too. Lessons learnt for next time.
I highly recommend using http://www.label-worx.com/ next time to self release it as a newgrounds label.

Hell it would even come up as Newgrounds audio portal as the label on beatport.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-01-16 01:54:10

At 1/16/13 01:35 AM, gavkay21 wrote: Yeah no worries sonik, i just want it over and done with too. Lessons learnt for next time.
I highly recommend using http://www.label-worx.com/ next time to self release it as a newgrounds label.

I agree man It definitely would have been more fair that way, no hard feelings man I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from Gav ;]. It's fckin 2013 already lolll....

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-01-16 03:47:05

What about the mastering now?

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-01-16 04:48:07

At 1/16/13 03:47 AM, DJDela wrote: What about the mastering now?

I can do the mastering/ leveling and all that if no-one has any objections. idc anymore lol just want this done

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-01-16 04:56:46

At 1/16/13 04:48 AM, XsakuX wrote:
At 1/16/13 03:47 AM, DJDela wrote: What about the mastering now?
I can do the mastering/ leveling and all that if no-one has any objections. idc anymore lol just want this done

I can master my own track if that would help?
I can also help with the mastering of all Electro/Drum&Bass tracks, but I won't have time until February (if it's not too long to wait).

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-01-16 12:18:04

Actually, I have listened to all of the tracks and the ones that needed mastering are already mastered. As a test, especially for your track Dela, I will listen to the mastered track (by MrMilkCarton) and the non mastered track (by you) back to back on my high quality monitors. If I feel the mastered vernon (by MrMilkCarton) isn't good, or if yours is fine already, I will let you know. All in all, I don't see any problems with the mastering right now. I understand this is confusing to everyone, but all in all this album is going to not sound shitty like last time. Lol.

All I need is your WAV file and I will PM you if there is a problem.

And just in case people don't know what happened... the album was sent out by the deadline. The problem was that the label that converted it screwed everything up and it took me forever to get everything deleted and organized again. I could have done this much faster, but I had to go into an Apple internship, start a very important animation series, and start living on my own for the first time. Plus I actually met a girl and we have been together for a while now. Real life caught me by surprise. I have been far far far too busy.

If this ever happens again I am organizing volunteers before jumping into a massive project like this. It was definitely a live and learn lesson since I've never done this before. All in all it was a tremendous experience and I'm glad to see everyones passions drawn out on one album.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-01-16 12:24:01

At 1/16/13 12:35 AM, gavkay21 wrote:
At 1/15/13 10:46 PM, XsakuX wrote: Alright guys so we REALLY only need one more thing to fix this CD & make the release not sound like shit. (Nick S.) FKWAJP has recently caught up with me, and informed me that our CD Distributor (Digital Slave) was the guilty party

I told you multiple times to not release that album without me listening to it. I wanted to test it out first, thats why I sent you those WAVs in the first place. Also, why is the album still up? Do I need to PM that guy who owns the label again? He is never responding to my PMs... anyway, sorry for the miscommunication. Thats something thats far too easy to do in text, which is probably why it was released.

The problems were not only Digital Slaves fault, but my own as well.

1 - The files were gambled up into MP3s and different versions of WAVs
2 - The folder I sent was meant as a BETA. I wanted to hear it converted first before it was released
3 - This was not properly communicated between gavkay and the owner of the label as it seems
4 - The jumble of files were released. Some sounded great. Some sounded terrible
5 - Time was a major factor in fixing this mess. Time is something I simply don't have at the moment.

Hope that clears things up. The best solution is to simply get everyones WAVs for PROPER conversion.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-01-16 12:34:00

At 1/16/13 01:35 AM, gavkay21 wrote: Yeah no worries sonik, i just want it over and done with too. Lessons learnt for next time.

That sounds like a great idea. I don't understand the way a label converts files, so it was difficult for us to communicate on that. We all really do appreciate your help with the project. Sorry things went sour! And seriously... no worries, as Sonik said this NG CD 2011 has turned into NG CD 2083. Next time I wil be able to carry out something like tho SO much easier. We live and learn on these things.

Once I get all these WAVs I will let everyone know whats going on.

THANKS SONIK FOR YOUR HELP

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-01-16 15:49:24

Wait... so are we sending the WAVs to FatKid or XsakuX or both? I'm kinda confused. Glad to see this has started moving again, though.

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--

Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-01-16 16:34:02

At 1/16/13 03:49 PM, AetherX wrote: Wait... so are we sending the WAVs to FatKid or XsakuX or both? I'm kinda confused. Glad to see this has started moving again, though.

I've resent my WAV to XsakuX via PM today, as he asked.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-01-17 13:42:08

Thank you man I've got you marked off the list.

Everyone else please send you tracks to me; I am compiling/ sorting them for Nick, and I will then be sending them to him for final submission.

At 1/16/13 04:34 PM, KKSlider60 wrote:
At 1/16/13 03:49 PM, AetherX wrote: Wait... so are we sending the WAVs to FatKid or XsakuX or both? I'm kinda confused. Glad to see this has started moving again, though.
I've resent my WAV to XsakuX via PM today, as he asked.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-01-20 00:02:49

lele

Ng Cd 2011 Project Results!

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-01-20 04:18:23

Update time; (needed a bump)

I have received WAVs from the following artists:

- AetherX
- DjDela
- Jarad (GrooveT3K)
- KKSlider
- Nick Perrin
- SineRider
- Padlock (Poopr1221)
- Echo
- TImarbury
- Oozles

And I am waiting to speak with/ get tracks from the following artists;

- Liquid Ooze
- Kirbyfemur
- OxKing (KieranNG)
- Husky (EmceeWhatE)
- SubliminalVids
- Masq (JPbear)
- Friday Fox
- StaticKatana
- JohansonV
- Mindsweeper
- X-Qonz
- Burn7
- Xyresic
- Thermal Lazer
- ObsidianSnow
- KOGEY
- Samulis

Please get back to me peeps!

At 1/20/13 12:02 AM, DjDreamEater wrote: lele

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-02-17 03:54:55

At 1/20/13 04:18 AM, XsakuX wrote: Update time; (needed a bump)

I have received WAVs from the following artists:

- AetherX
- DjDela
- Jarad (GrooveT3K)
- KKSlider
- Nick Perrin
- SineRider
- Padlock (Poopr1221)
- Echo
- TImarbury
- Oozles

And I am waiting to speak with/ get tracks from the following artists;

- Liquid Ooze
- Kirbyfemur
- OxKing (KieranNG)
- Husky (EmceeWhatE)
- SubliminalVids
- Masq (JPbear)
- Friday Fox
- StaticKatana
- JohansonV
- Mindsweeper
- X-Qonz
- Burn7
- Xyresic
- Thermal Lazer
- ObsidianSnow
- KOGEY
- Samulis

Please get back to me peeps!

So this is the first time I have checked this thread in a while, do I still need to send mine or what?

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-02-17 16:48:15

Really, what's going on now?

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-02-18 15:22:41

So this is the first time I have checked this thread in a while, do I still need to send mine or what?

Yes! anyone who has yet to send me your track I still need it!
I'm still waiting for Nick to supply me with a contact list so I can get in touch with the remaining artists.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-02-18 15:26:09

Artists sent!

I have all the CDs, we are just waiting for the finalized WAVs form artists. It is a real shame the original server was deleted... sorry it has been such a bumpy road guys. Next time I will know EXACTLY how to handle something like this because, for one, I have the right volunteers to help, and for two, I know the step by step process that is the most efficient.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-02-18 15:55:06

At 2/18/13 03:26 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Artists sent!

I have all the CDs, we are just waiting for the finalized WAVs form artists. It is a real shame the original server was deleted... sorry it has been such a bumpy road guys. Next time I will know EXACTLY how to handle something like this because, for one, I have the right volunteers to help, and for two, I know the step by step process that is the most efficient.

Can't blame yourself man, these things happen.

I'm thinking maybe with these last remaining artists, if we could get people who might know them personally/ closer from the CD to send them a Skype message or something it might help. quite a number of these artists don't seem to be very active on Newgrounds at all. It's making this take even longer :[

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-02-18 23:48:59

Sorry for the terribly late reply, my internet's been shut off and I've been going through money troubles. I've sent the .wav to XsakuX through dropbox, If you need it too, Fatkid I can always toss you the link. Again, sorry for the late response.

life can be real fuckin crazy

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-02-19 21:52:35

Hey guys.
Sorry about the unresponsiveness, but this account is pretty much dead now. I only rarely glance at the front page nowadays, and scarcely bother to log in.
I'm waiting for the .wav to upload to dropbox as I'm typing this. Will get that to X as soon as it's done.

bork bork bork