00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Drake-Star just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Cd 2011 Project Results!

89,027 Views | 620 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-05-30 00:47:59

At 5/11/13 01:01 AM, DjMindsweeper wrote: *Prods thread with a stick*

So this project has been awful the past months. Barely half are responding to emails and PMs so its very difficult to get this up and running. All the CDs have been on hold forever. :(

Any suggestions guys? I feel really awful to see this project fall through simply because I cant get everyones WAV files.

I have also been extremely busy with work, school, and various projects in the Psytrance community. Newgrounds is basically a thing of the past for me at the moment. I keep having guilt trips in not being able to fulfill the main vision we all use to have, however. You all might as well do whatever you want with your tracks... but if I got everyone to respond to my emails maybe this wouldnt happen.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-05-30 07:55:31

At 5/30/13 12:47 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I have also been extremely busy with work, school, and various projects in the Psytrance community. Newgrounds is basically a thing of the past for me at the moment. I keep having guilt trips in not being able to fulfill the main vision we all use to have, however. You all might as well do whatever you want with your tracks... but if I got everyone to respond to my emails maybe this wouldnt happen.

Oi, you're not giving up here. There are people who have submitted, and there were countless others who auditioned. Just because of some bad eggs who don't respond to e-mails on time, doesn't mean that this CD has to go poof. How many people haven't responded yet?

If the CD has to be downsized, so be it. So long as some part of this project sees completion. If you're shrewd enough you'll know that walking away empty-handed isn't an option.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-05-30 08:10:47

At 5/30/13 07:55 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 5/30/13 12:47 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I have also been extremely busy with work, school, and various projects in the Psytrance community. Newgrounds is basically a thing of the past for me at the moment. I keep having guilt trips in not being able to fulfill the main vision we all use to have, however. You all might as well do whatever you want with your tracks... but if I got everyone to respond to my emails maybe this wouldnt happen.
Oi, you're not giving up here. There are people who have submitted, and there were countless others who auditioned. Just because of some bad eggs who don't respond to e-mails on time, doesn't mean that this CD has to go poof. How many people haven't responded yet?

If the CD has to be downsized, so be it. So long as some part of this project sees completion. If you're shrewd enough you'll know that walking away empty-handed isn't an option.

True! Just set a bald deadline. like "If I don't hear from you before June 30th, your position is forfeit and will go to the people placed under you." Of course you get the same problem when you have to contact the replacements, so you can give them another month tops. Or you can just say screw it and use the MP3s instead for the entries you didn't get the wav for, or just put less songs on the album. But yeah, people worked hard for this and were looking forward to it. Give them what they deserve. I was even hoping for a 2012 album, but I suppose that's not going to happen anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-05-30 08:35:49

At 5/30/13 08:10 AM, SourJovis wrote: I was even hoping for a 2012 album, but I suppose that's not going to happen anymore.

Never mind if the 2012 one isn't happening anymore: we've learnt from past mistakes and we know how to set bald deadlines, pick volunteers and correspond a little bit better, which gives us some foundations for another album project.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-05-30 10:12:11

At 5/30/13 08:35 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 5/30/13 08:10 AM, SourJovis wrote: I was even hoping for a 2012 album, but I suppose that's not going to happen anymore.
Never mind if the 2012 one isn't happening anymore: we've learnt from past mistakes and we know how to set bald deadlines, pick volunteers and correspond a little bit better, which gives us some foundations for another album project.

This is very very true. Mastering is a alien process to me, but now everything is a lot clearer. I know now how to not get into a bind like this again. Im looking at all the songs I have now and will get back to you shortly. I have the physical copies all ready, i just have to burn them.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-05-30 10:28:57

lol seems there is finnaly some movement in this CD goodluck though and hopefully there comes a NG 2013 CD cause I'm defenitly gonna try to be on that CD ;)

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-05-30 10:48:34

At 5/30/13 10:28 AM, ForeverBound wrote: hopefully there comes a NG 2013 CD cause I'm defenitly gonna try to be on that CD ;)

same here

/intruding-on-this-thread.exe

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-05-30 15:10:21

True! Just set a bald deadline. like "If I don't hear from you before June 30th, your position is forfeit and will go to the people placed under you." Of course you get the same problem when you have to contact the replacements, so you can give them another month tops. Or you can just say screw it and use the MP3s instead for the entries you didn't get the wav for, or just put less songs on the album. But yeah, people worked hard for this and were looking forward to it. Give them what they deserve. I was even hoping for a 2012 album, but I suppose that's not going to happen anymore.

stop bitching, you wanna compile this shit and chase down a bunch of people who decided to vanish? No you really don't cause its been an ongoing job for months. WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING WE CAN.

SHUT UR DAMN MOUTHS AND WAIT LIKE THE REST OF US

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-05-30 15:25:44

Give them what they deserve. I was even hoping for a 2012 album, but I suppose that's not going to happen anymore.

stop bitching, you wanna compile this shit and chase down a bunch of people who decided to vanish? No you really don't cause its been an ongoing job for months. WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING WE CAN.

Its perfectley reasonable for people to complain about this, although anyone would be in our positions because of the issues that have happened in this project. Trois and gang, understand the following:

- The server with allll the uploaded songs was deleted.
- Barely anyone is replying to our emails.
- When we got everything together, the label and I miscommunicated something and they released it without consent with terrible quality.
- It has taken me months to delete those albums. The label shutdown and stole all the money made (which wasnt that much. This is not FridayFoxs fault by the way, its someone else who shutdown and ran away)
- I ordered all the CDs, but the company that gave them to me put the wrong poorly mastered folder on there...
- I am reordering the CDs now
- People still arent replying.
- Sonik has a lot, and I mean a lot of work to do on the side. Same for me. This isnt our only project.

I totally understand that this has taken far too long. I have no right to be angry, and I am more heart broken than anything. I just want it to work out. The musical community means a lot to me guys, and I keep getting punched by these roadblocks and I feel hopeless. Its disgusting.

I am going to release this as it should be, taking everyone that has been dedicated in mind and putting them on the CD. Everyone who was originally picked will be on there, but if I dont have the WAV, Im obviously not getting it.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-05-30 16:09:43

At 5/30/13 03:10 PM, XsakuX wrote: stop bitching, you wanna compile this shit and chase down a bunch of people who decided to vanish? No you really don't cause its been an ongoing job for months. WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING WE CAN.

Alright, alright. I understand it's not going the way you planned, and I feel for you. I didn't mean to blame anyone. Certainly not the people who've organized it. I shouldn't meddle with something you've tried hard to keep on track, so I understand your anger. But it wasn't my intention to upset anyone so no need to get aggressive. I've been looking forward to the album and I'd like you to try and complete it if you can and not lose hope. I wish there are no more bumbs in the road. Mostly for the people who've worked hard for this. Now I will keep my mouth shut and let you go on with your business. Good luck.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-05-30 17:35:34

At 5/30/13 03:25 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I totally understand that this has taken far too long. I have no right to be angry, and I am more heart broken than anything. I just want it to work out. The musical community means a lot to me guys, and I keep getting punched by these roadblocks and I feel hopeless. Its disgusting.

Considering what's happened, if you did get angry with the people who absconded, it would be understandable. Roadblocks or not, I don't want to see you or Sonik give up on this -- this effort that you began was laudable to begin with. Having failed the EBF collab because no-one stepped forward to take the coding job, I know (at least only to an extent) what it's like to feel hopeless about an effort we started... yours would obviously be to a greater degree.

I am going to release this as it should be, taking everyone that has been dedicated in mind and putting them on the CD. Everyone who was originally picked will be on there, but if I dont have the WAV, Im obviously not getting it.

May I ask -- is the list of people who didn't submit the WAVs the same as before, or have people put in anything since?

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-05-30 22:31:49

May I ask -- is the list of people who didn't submit the WAVs the same as before, or have people put in anything since?

We have had a few extras submit their audio, yes.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-05-31 12:02:28

At 5/30/13 10:31 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:

Well then that's not so bad now is it? I'd have cause for concern now of course, but I'd have even more cause for concern if everyone just stagnated on their WAVs from a few months to about a year ago. This project will be done.

I believe in you.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-06-13 19:58:02

At 5/31/13 12:02 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
Well then that's not so bad now is it? I'd have cause for concern now of course, but I'd have even more cause for concern if everyone just stagnated on their WAVs from a few months to about a year ago. This project will be done.

I believe in you.

it's not really us that are in question, our hands are tied until those other artists show up. You can try to chase them down if you want Trois... the list hasn't changed, but the fact of the matter is almost half of the album can't be obtained now. What do you suggest we do half way through 2013? release ng cd 2012 with half the tracks?... idk

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-06-13 19:59:59

it's not really us that are in question, our hands are tied until those other artists show up. You can try to chase them down if you want Trois... the list hasn't changed, but the fact of the matter is almost half of the album can't be obtained now. What do you suggest we do half way through 2013? release ng cd 2012 with half the tracks?... idk

also good luck finding a label that will sign this mess, I couldn't find a single label that releases Techno and Metal

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-06-14 08:21:05

Look, @XsakuX, I know your hands (and FatKid's) are tied down but half a compilation is better than none when it comes to proceeds for charity. Start from there. Don't think that simply because half the people weren't responding, you can't release it at all.

And also, why don't you throw an open question to people on NG asking for a label that can release these things? I don't know, but others might. And it's simply because I consider the possibly that *others might know*, that I'm throwing this idea out to you. Regardless of what you two may be facing in terms of labels, publishers, CD-cutting -- I don't want any of you to have a defeatist attitude on this.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-06-20 16:03:21

At 6/14/13 08:21 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Look, @XsakuX, I know your hands (and FatKid's) are tied down but half a compilation is better than none when it comes to proceeds for charity. Start from there. Don't think that simply because half the people weren't responding, you can't release it at all.

And also, why don't you throw an open question to people on NG asking for a label that can release these things? I don't know, but others might. And it's simply because I consider the possibly that *others might know*, that I'm throwing this idea out to you. Regardless of what you two may be facing in terms of labels, publishers, CD-cutting -- I don't want any of you to have a defeatist attitude on this.

True enough trois, but I only say that I can't find a label like this because i'm very active in the internet label scene and i've yet to find one that will even accept this project for this reason (don't even think for a second that I haven't been sending this out). Maybe NG should consider a label so that we don't have to go through this... >>
they did say they were going to carry it in the store... so my question is why didn't we work out some sort of signing/ pressing deal with Tom or Wade before hand?

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-06-20 16:08:45

True enough trois; I only say that I can't find a label like this because i'm very active in the internet label scene, and i've yet to find one that will even accept this project for this reason (don't even think for a second that I haven't been sending this out and trying). However just asking around for some random label we've never heard of is not the answer... that's how the CD got messed up to begin with... Maybe NG should consider a label so that we don't have to keep going through this... >>
they did say they were going to carry it in the store... so my question is why didn't we work out some sort of signing/ pressing deal with Tom or Wade before hand?**

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-07-20 15:29:38

Due to the constant hurdles, lack of support, and mastering issues, I am going to go ahead and close this thread.

There are a lot of you who stayed by my side, helping me through difficulties and striving for success. Sadly, in the end, there were far too many issues to deal with. To be straight forward with you all, here is a list of the problems we experienced.

- The label we originally set ourselves up with posted the album with the MP3 files converted to WAV files... which sounded awful.

- Attempts to communicate with this label were unsuccessful for both FridayFox and I. In fact, the label ran off with the short amount of money we had made. (it was only $10 anyway). The label also closed down as soon as the album was posted.

- Attempts to find another label were unsuccessful. No one wanted to submit an album that listed so many genres, which is a reality I should have accepted in the very beginning.

- Attempts to grab original WAVs of the files were unsuccessful. Sonik and I both sent out plenty of emails to the artists in this album, and only a handful replied.

- The original mastering done to the files by MrMilkCarton did not work well, since only a few of the songs were mastered. He did a fantastic job, but compared to the rest of the songs nothing really fits together.

- Many of the original WAV files we received sounded awful in many sound tests. It was rare to find a professionally done track. (no offense to artists, there were many of the tracks that sounded fantastic, but the other half only sounded good with headphones and after extended testing these tracks clipped on sound tests so speakers did not handle them well)

- It has taken A YEAR to revert the damages done by the label that posted our music across the net... I have had to seek out the websites and take down the album. There are still some sites hosting that album right now.

- To clarify, the money donated to the team by several members here was used for printing off the CDs. I spent a few hundred bucks to print off those CDs, so I did not use any of the money for my own advantages and never would have any intentions to be so scandalous. I have receipt files located in a link below this post for proof. The CDs are actually waiting in a warehouse. I will go ahead and have them ship the CDs to me if anyone wants them. I mean, hell, the artwork is awesome. I will send them for free, just pay the shipping and handling if there is any. (I live in the US)

- As stated before, the original server hosted by our good friend Mich was deleted, as it should have been. Him and I communicated that would be fine, and It was my fault for thinking a backup server wouldn't be necessary. Well, all the original WAVs were lost, so the journey to get them all back simply never was accomplished because many artists moved on and never replied to the numerous emails sent to them.

- As for excuses, I am simply far too busy to continue dealing with this project. I am working in internships with Apple, writing a book on Psytrance culture, and am Djing on the side. My own personal projects have come up and I hate stressing over this project everytime I lay down in my bed. I have a life, as many of us do. It is time to deal with reality here.

I would like to offer my apologies for all involved, I can see a lot of passion in you guys. Throughout many conversations, different ideas were sprouted into an awesome project that took years to achieve... but in the end, the album never came to its full fruition. This is sad news to bear, and I wish it didn't turn out this way. For the first time, I am closing a community project. I have always enjoyed collaborating with the people here. There is such a wide variety of talent and we all share those talents together as a team. I am not perfect, however, and find this particular project to be far too overwhelming. I mean, we have been working on it since 2011. It is time to close this and move onto better achievements, which I feel many of us can.

I would like to thank all of you for being so patient, coming up with lots of great ideas in the discussion thread, and producing great music for all to enjoy. If you haven't already, post that music to soundcloud, show people what you are made of, and get ready to explode. I would like to give a very special thanks to the following people for helping with this project in the biggest ways possible.

FridayFox - Helping me deal with labels. He is a fantastic promoter, musician, and businessman. He defintley helped me in many different situations throughout this project.
KKSlider60 - Drawing an AWESOME T-shirt design, making an AWESOME ambient song, and simply being so AWESOME every step of the way.
XsakuX - Helping out with so many things towards the end of the project. He has been by my side during many issues, helping me communicate with every member associated with this project. You are a godsend, a talented house producer, and a good friend.
Mich - Having the talents to code a server for hosting all the original entries. I have seen this guy crack out some great designs.
Kuokehttp://kuoke.newgrounds.com/ - Drawing such PERFECT album artwork.
MrMilkCarton - Mastering a few tracks here. He is a musical genius.

There are many I could list here... but my memory is clouded since this project has been going on for so long. I am having this thread locked soon. Move on with your lives guys, continues composing amazing tunes, and keep checking back in the audio forums for better opportunities. This may be a failed project, but that doesn't mean we haven't grown. We have learned so much from this, and I will use this knowledge gained to make a much better project in the future. I hope everyone has improved their styles a bit. I wanted this project to combine the talents of this community, and it did. It just wasn't made into a CD.

Keep growing and keep composing Newgrounds.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-07-20 15:39:42

Thanks mate I was happy to help. I managed to get in contact with the label in the end and received £13 for the sales of the album. Tell me where to donate it :)

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2013-07-20 15:49:32

At 7/20/13 03:39 PM, gavkay21 wrote:
Thanks mate I was happy to help. I managed to get in contact with the label in the end and received Ã'£13 for the sales of the album. Tell me where to donate it :)

Thank you :)

You can donate the funds here.