What about the mastering now?

XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 04:48 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 03:47 AM, DJDela wrote: What about the mastering now?

I can do the mastering/ leveling and all that if no-one has any objections. idc anymore lol just want this done

DJDela
DJDela
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 04:56 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 04:48 AM, XsakuX wrote:
At 1/16/13 03:47 AM, DJDela wrote: What about the mastering now?
I can do the mastering/ leveling and all that if no-one has any objections. idc anymore lol just want this done

I can master my own track if that would help?
I can also help with the mastering of all Electro/Drum&Bass tracks, but I won't have time until February (if it's not too long to wait).

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 12:18 PM Reply

Actually, I have listened to all of the tracks and the ones that needed mastering are already mastered. As a test, especially for your track Dela, I will listen to the mastered track (by MrMilkCarton) and the non mastered track (by you) back to back on my high quality monitors. If I feel the mastered vernon (by MrMilkCarton) isn't good, or if yours is fine already, I will let you know. All in all, I don't see any problems with the mastering right now. I understand this is confusing to everyone, but all in all this album is going to not sound shitty like last time. Lol.

All I need is your WAV file and I will PM you if there is a problem.

And just in case people don't know what happened... the album was sent out by the deadline. The problem was that the label that converted it screwed everything up and it took me forever to get everything deleted and organized again. I could have done this much faster, but I had to go into an Apple internship, start a very important animation series, and start living on my own for the first time. Plus I actually met a girl and we have been together for a while now. Real life caught me by surprise. I have been far far far too busy.

If this ever happens again I am organizing volunteers before jumping into a massive project like this. It was definitely a live and learn lesson since I've never done this before. All in all it was a tremendous experience and I'm glad to see everyones passions drawn out on one album.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 12:24 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 12:35 AM, gavkay21 wrote:
At 1/15/13 10:46 PM, XsakuX wrote: Alright guys so we REALLY only need one more thing to fix this CD & make the release not sound like shit. (Nick S.) FKWAJP has recently caught up with me, and informed me that our CD Distributor (Digital Slave) was the guilty party
It was because nick converted mp3 to wavs for distribution and i did warn him that it was not a good idea. We just released what we got sent to us.

Anyway if nick wanted, he could have pm'd me and i would have showed him how release the songs him self without a label.

I told you multiple times to not release that album without me listening to it. I wanted to test it out first, thats why I sent you those WAVs in the first place. Also, why is the album still up? Do I need to PM that guy who owns the label again? He is never responding to my PMs... anyway, sorry for the miscommunication. Thats something thats far too easy to do in text, which is probably why it was released.

The problems were not only Digital Slaves fault, but my own as well.

1 - The files were gambled up into MP3s and different versions of WAVs
2 - The folder I sent was meant as a BETA. I wanted to hear it converted first before it was released
3 - This was not properly communicated between gavkay and the owner of the label as it seems
4 - The jumble of files were released. Some sounded great. Some sounded terrible
5 - Time was a major factor in fixing this mess. Time is something I simply don't have at the moment.

Hope that clears things up. The best solution is to simply get everyones WAVs for PROPER conversion.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 12:34 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 01:35 AM, gavkay21 wrote: Yeah no worries sonik, i just want it over and done with too. Lessons learnt for next time.
I highly recommend using http://www.label-worx.com/ next time to self release it as a newgrounds label.

Hell it would even come up as Newgrounds audio portal as the label on beatport.

That sounds like a great idea. I don't understand the way a label converts files, so it was difficult for us to communicate on that. We all really do appreciate your help with the project. Sorry things went sour! And seriously... no worries, as Sonik said this NG CD 2011 has turned into NG CD 2083. Next time I wil be able to carry out something like tho SO much easier. We live and learn on these things.

Once I get all these WAVs I will let everyone know whats going on.

THANKS SONIK FOR YOUR HELP

AetherX
AetherX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 03:49 PM Reply

Wait... so are we sending the WAVs to FatKid or XsakuX or both? I'm kinda confused. Glad to see this has started moving again, though.

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--
Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

KKSlider60
KKSlider60
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 04:34 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 03:49 PM, AetherX wrote: Wait... so are we sending the WAVs to FatKid or XsakuX or both? I'm kinda confused. Glad to see this has started moving again, though.

I've resent my WAV to XsakuX via PM today, as he asked.

XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 01:42 PM Reply

Thank you man I've got you marked off the list.

Everyone else please send you tracks to me; I am compiling/ sorting them for Nick, and I will then be sending them to him for final submission.

At 1/16/13 04:34 PM, KKSlider60 wrote:
At 1/16/13 03:49 PM, AetherX wrote: Wait... so are we sending the WAVs to FatKid or XsakuX or both? I'm kinda confused. Glad to see this has started moving again, though.
I've resent my WAV to XsakuX via PM today, as he asked.
DjDreamEater
DjDreamEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 12:02 AM Reply

lele

Ng Cd 2011 Project Results!

XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 04:18 AM Reply

Update time; (needed a bump)

I have received WAVs from the following artists:

- AetherX
- DjDela
- Jarad (GrooveT3K)
- KKSlider
- Nick Perrin
- SineRider
- Padlock (Poopr1221)
- Echo
- TImarbury
- Oozles

And I am waiting to speak with/ get tracks from the following artists;

- Liquid Ooze
- Kirbyfemur
- OxKing (KieranNG)
- Husky (EmceeWhatE)
- SubliminalVids
- Masq (JPbear)
- Friday Fox
- StaticKatana
- JohansonV
- Mindsweeper
- X-Qonz
- Burn7
- Xyresic
- Thermal Lazer
- ObsidianSnow
- KOGEY
- Samulis

Please get back to me peeps!

At 1/20/13 12:02 AM, DjDreamEater wrote: lele
Subliminalvids
Subliminalvids
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 03:54 AM Reply

At 1/20/13 04:18 AM, XsakuX wrote: Update time; (needed a bump)

I have received WAVs from the following artists:

- AetherX
- DjDela
- Jarad (GrooveT3K)
- KKSlider
- Nick Perrin
- SineRider
- Padlock (Poopr1221)
- Echo
- TImarbury
- Oozles

And I am waiting to speak with/ get tracks from the following artists;

- Liquid Ooze
- Kirbyfemur
- OxKing (KieranNG)
- Husky (EmceeWhatE)
- SubliminalVids
- Masq (JPbear)
- Friday Fox
- StaticKatana
- JohansonV
- Mindsweeper
- X-Qonz
- Burn7
- Xyresic
- Thermal Lazer
- ObsidianSnow
- KOGEY
- Samulis

Please get back to me peeps!

So this is the first time I have checked this thread in a while, do I still need to send mine or what?

DJDela
DJDela
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 04:48 PM Reply

Really, what's going on now?

XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Feb. 18th, 2013 @ 03:22 PM Reply

So this is the first time I have checked this thread in a while, do I still need to send mine or what?

Yes! anyone who has yet to send me your track I still need it!
I'm still waiting for Nick to supply me with a contact list so I can get in touch with the remaining artists.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Feb. 18th, 2013 @ 03:26 PM Reply

Artists sent!

I have all the CDs, we are just waiting for the finalized WAVs form artists. It is a real shame the original server was deleted... sorry it has been such a bumpy road guys. Next time I will know EXACTLY how to handle something like this because, for one, I have the right volunteers to help, and for two, I know the step by step process that is the most efficient.

XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Feb. 18th, 2013 @ 03:55 PM Reply

At 2/18/13 03:26 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Artists sent!

I have all the CDs, we are just waiting for the finalized WAVs form artists. It is a real shame the original server was deleted... sorry it has been such a bumpy road guys. Next time I will know EXACTLY how to handle something like this because, for one, I have the right volunteers to help, and for two, I know the step by step process that is the most efficient.

Can't blame yourself man, these things happen.

I'm thinking maybe with these last remaining artists, if we could get people who might know them personally/ closer from the CD to send them a Skype message or something it might help. quite a number of these artists don't seem to be very active on Newgrounds at all. It's making this take even longer :[

Kogey
Kogey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Voice Actor
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Feb. 18th, 2013 @ 11:48 PM Reply

Sorry for the terribly late reply, my internet's been shut off and I've been going through money troubles. I've sent the .wav to XsakuX through dropbox, If you need it too, Fatkid I can always toss you the link. Again, sorry for the late response.

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 09:52 PM Reply

Hey guys.
Sorry about the unresponsiveness, but this account is pretty much dead now. I only rarely glance at the front page nowadays, and scarcely bother to log in.
I'm waiting for the .wav to upload to dropbox as I'm typing this. Will get that to X as soon as it's done.

bork bork bork

DjMindsweeper
DjMindsweeper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! May. 11th, 2013 @ 01:01 AM Reply

*Prods thread with a stick*

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! May. 30th, 2013 @ 12:47 AM Reply

At 5/11/13 01:01 AM, DjMindsweeper wrote: *Prods thread with a stick*

So this project has been awful the past months. Barely half are responding to emails and PMs so its very difficult to get this up and running. All the CDs have been on hold forever. :(

Any suggestions guys? I feel really awful to see this project fall through simply because I cant get everyones WAV files.

I have also been extremely busy with work, school, and various projects in the Psytrance community. Newgrounds is basically a thing of the past for me at the moment. I keep having guilt trips in not being able to fulfill the main vision we all use to have, however. You all might as well do whatever you want with your tracks... but if I got everyone to respond to my emails maybe this wouldnt happen.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! May. 30th, 2013 @ 07:55 AM Reply

At 5/30/13 12:47 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I have also been extremely busy with work, school, and various projects in the Psytrance community. Newgrounds is basically a thing of the past for me at the moment. I keep having guilt trips in not being able to fulfill the main vision we all use to have, however. You all might as well do whatever you want with your tracks... but if I got everyone to respond to my emails maybe this wouldnt happen.

Oi, you're not giving up here. There are people who have submitted, and there were countless others who auditioned. Just because of some bad eggs who don't respond to e-mails on time, doesn't mean that this CD has to go poof. How many people haven't responded yet?

If the CD has to be downsized, so be it. So long as some part of this project sees completion. If you're shrewd enough you'll know that walking away empty-handed isn't an option.

AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 2 Entry: Coming soon!

BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! May. 30th, 2013 @ 08:10 AM Reply

At 5/30/13 07:55 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 5/30/13 12:47 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I have also been extremely busy with work, school, and various projects in the Psytrance community. Newgrounds is basically a thing of the past for me at the moment. I keep having guilt trips in not being able to fulfill the main vision we all use to have, however. You all might as well do whatever you want with your tracks... but if I got everyone to respond to my emails maybe this wouldnt happen.
Oi, you're not giving up here. There are people who have submitted, and there were countless others who auditioned. Just because of some bad eggs who don't respond to e-mails on time, doesn't mean that this CD has to go poof. How many people haven't responded yet?

If the CD has to be downsized, so be it. So long as some part of this project sees completion. If you're shrewd enough you'll know that walking away empty-handed isn't an option.

True! Just set a bald deadline. like "If I don't hear from you before June 30th, your position is forfeit and will go to the people placed under you." Of course you get the same problem when you have to contact the replacements, so you can give them another month tops. Or you can just say screw it and use the MP3s instead for the entries you didn't get the wav for, or just put less songs on the album. But yeah, people worked hard for this and were looking forward to it. Give them what they deserve. I was even hoping for a 2012 album, but I suppose that's not going to happen anymore.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! May. 30th, 2013 @ 08:35 AM Reply

At 5/30/13 08:10 AM, SourJovis wrote: I was even hoping for a 2012 album, but I suppose that's not going to happen anymore.

Never mind if the 2012 one isn't happening anymore: we've learnt from past mistakes and we know how to set bald deadlines, pick volunteers and correspond a little bit better, which gives us some foundations for another album project.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! May. 30th, 2013 @ 10:12 AM Reply

At 5/30/13 08:35 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 5/30/13 08:10 AM, SourJovis wrote: I was even hoping for a 2012 album, but I suppose that's not going to happen anymore.
Never mind if the 2012 one isn't happening anymore: we've learnt from past mistakes and we know how to set bald deadlines, pick volunteers and correspond a little bit better, which gives us some foundations for another album project.

This is very very true. Mastering is a alien process to me, but now everything is a lot clearer. I know now how to not get into a bind like this again. Im looking at all the songs I have now and will get back to you shortly. I have the physical copies all ready, i just have to burn them.

ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! May. 30th, 2013 @ 10:28 AM Reply

lol seems there is finnaly some movement in this CD goodluck though and hopefully there comes a NG 2013 CD cause I'm defenitly gonna try to be on that CD ;)

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! May. 30th, 2013 @ 10:48 AM Reply

At 5/30/13 10:28 AM, ForeverBound wrote: hopefully there comes a NG 2013 CD cause I'm defenitly gonna try to be on that CD ;)

same here

/intruding-on-this-thread.exe
XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! May. 30th, 2013 @ 03:10 PM Reply

True! Just set a bald deadline. like "If I don't hear from you before June 30th, your position is forfeit and will go to the people placed under you." Of course you get the same problem when you have to contact the replacements, so you can give them another month tops. Or you can just say screw it and use the MP3s instead for the entries you didn't get the wav for, or just put less songs on the album. But yeah, people worked hard for this and were looking forward to it. Give them what they deserve. I was even hoping for a 2012 album, but I suppose that's not going to happen anymore.

stop bitching, you wanna compile this shit and chase down a bunch of people who decided to vanish? No you really don't cause its been an ongoing job for months. WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING WE CAN.

SHUT UR DAMN MOUTHS AND WAIT LIKE THE REST OF US

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! May. 30th, 2013 @ 03:25 PM Reply

Give them what they deserve. I was even hoping for a 2012 album, but I suppose that's not going to happen anymore.

stop bitching, you wanna compile this shit and chase down a bunch of people who decided to vanish? No you really don't cause its been an ongoing job for months. WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING WE CAN.

Its perfectley reasonable for people to complain about this, although anyone would be in our positions because of the issues that have happened in this project. Trois and gang, understand the following:

- The server with allll the uploaded songs was deleted.
- Barely anyone is replying to our emails.
- When we got everything together, the label and I miscommunicated something and they released it without consent with terrible quality.
- It has taken me months to delete those albums. The label shutdown and stole all the money made (which wasnt that much. This is not FridayFoxs fault by the way, its someone else who shutdown and ran away)
- I ordered all the CDs, but the company that gave them to me put the wrong poorly mastered folder on there...
- I am reordering the CDs now
- People still arent replying.
- Sonik has a lot, and I mean a lot of work to do on the side. Same for me. This isnt our only project.

I totally understand that this has taken far too long. I have no right to be angry, and I am more heart broken than anything. I just want it to work out. The musical community means a lot to me guys, and I keep getting punched by these roadblocks and I feel hopeless. Its disgusting.

I am going to release this as it should be, taking everyone that has been dedicated in mind and putting them on the CD. Everyone who was originally picked will be on there, but if I dont have the WAV, Im obviously not getting it.

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! May. 30th, 2013 @ 04:09 PM Reply

At 5/30/13 03:10 PM, XsakuX wrote: stop bitching, you wanna compile this shit and chase down a bunch of people who decided to vanish? No you really don't cause its been an ongoing job for months. WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING WE CAN.

Alright, alright. I understand it's not going the way you planned, and I feel for you. I didn't mean to blame anyone. Certainly not the people who've organized it. I shouldn't meddle with something you've tried hard to keep on track, so I understand your anger. But it wasn't my intention to upset anyone so no need to get aggressive. I've been looking forward to the album and I'd like you to try and complete it if you can and not lose hope. I wish there are no more bumbs in the road. Mostly for the people who've worked hard for this. Now I will keep my mouth shut and let you go on with your business. Good luck.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! May. 30th, 2013 @ 05:35 PM Reply

At 5/30/13 03:25 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I totally understand that this has taken far too long. I have no right to be angry, and I am more heart broken than anything. I just want it to work out. The musical community means a lot to me guys, and I keep getting punched by these roadblocks and I feel hopeless. Its disgusting.

Considering what's happened, if you did get angry with the people who absconded, it would be understandable. Roadblocks or not, I don't want to see you or Sonik give up on this -- this effort that you began was laudable to begin with. Having failed the EBF collab because no-one stepped forward to take the coding job, I know (at least only to an extent) what it's like to feel hopeless about an effort we started... yours would obviously be to a greater degree.

I am going to release this as it should be, taking everyone that has been dedicated in mind and putting them on the CD. Everyone who was originally picked will be on there, but if I dont have the WAV, Im obviously not getting it.

May I ask -- is the list of people who didn't submit the WAVs the same as before, or have people put in anything since?

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature