New Topic Respond to this Topic
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 04:52 PM Reply

At 11/20/11 04:49 PM, Jackho wrote: (if you side with the stormcloaks at least),

WHAT? Some people DIDN'T side with the Sons and Daughters of Talos?!?

IMPERIAL SCUM!

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 04:54 PM Reply

At 11/20/11 04:52 PM, phrozonfire wrote:
At 11/20/11 04:49 PM, Jackho wrote: (if you side with the stormcloaks at least),

IMPERIAL SCUM!

pfft I play a dark elf and all the stormcloaks treat me like shit. I kill any soldiers I find on the road anyways. Although, not gunna side with the Imperials either.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 05:01 PM Reply

I don't really like Markarth. I really like Riften and Solitude.

SpiderTaco
SpiderTaco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 05:06 PM Reply

markarth is the butthole of tamriel

SpiderTaco
SpiderTaco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 05:11 PM Reply

At 11/20/11 05:06 PM, SpiderTaco wrote: markarth is the butthole of tamriel

by that I mean it looks nice to some people but it sort of smells and you wouldn't want to live there

Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 05:29 PM Reply

At 11/20/11 05:01 PM, Makeshift wrote: I don't really like Markarth. I really like Riften and Solitude.

Solitude/Haafingar is poorly designed. The outside of the city gives you a feel of "wow, that's beautiful and huge", but on the inside it's small and the location doesn't make any sense at all. They should've made the city more open, only having a fence separating it from the outside instead of a wall.

Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 05:33 PM Reply

SPOILER:
And Riften is the believable shithole. Markarth was a bit overdone with the shithole stuff.
I mean, seriously, the moment before I walked into the gate I was nearly literally told it was a shithole. The next moment, someone was stabbed.

I don't know, the cities just don't feel believable to me at all. Believable would be if Whiterun were the capital of Skyrim, and they dug a canal from the sea to there so ships could get there.

Crink
Crink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 05:38 PM Reply

At 11/20/11 04:10 PM, phrozonfire wrote:
At 11/20/11 03:59 PM, Crink wrote: okay, finally finished every fucking thing worth finishing; except BUGGY FUCKING THIEVES GUILD
Did you get all 8 masks?

no, i got all 9

At 11/20/11 04:13 PM, Wolfos wrote:
At 11/20/11 03:59 PM, Crink wrote: okay, finally finished every fucking thing worth finishing
Did you do the Markarth quests? Best looking city in the game, but the main quest never goes there, nor do any important quests.

i went to markarth after i got drunk one night. i loitered around a bit, found the abandoned house, the forsworn conspiracy etc. it is the best looking city i just don't like because it's a dump. nothing of value there really. the jarl said i could buy a house there for 8000 gold.

haha, like i would pay to live there. the jarl should be paying me money to move to markarth.

whiterun is the best city, imo. it's relatively small and simple. i can sprint everywhere without depleting my stamina fully. it also reminds me of rohan a great deal which is always a plus

hey

BBS Signature
Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 05:39 PM Reply

Anyway, all good games break when you let logic loose on them (as pointed out by Zero Punctuation). Best not to think about it too much, because I can tear down their cities to the last brick using only logic.

idiot-monarch
idiot-monarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 05:42 PM Reply

Markath definitely has the best and most unique visual design out of all the cities, imo. Haven't done any questing there yet, though.

IMPERIAL SCUM!

You do realize that the Stromcloaks are basically Nazis, right? They're fighting not only for the independence of Skyrim, but to rid the province of non-Nords.

That being said, the Empire has supposedly fallen under hard times and is ruled by elitist elves.

I dunno, I haven't joined those factions yet.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature
CoCo
CoCo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 06:09 PM Reply

ive never been more addicted to a videogame in my life.

Lost the love of heaven above, Chose the lust of the earth below
Eleven saintly shrouded men, Came to wash my sins away
Sig by Valjylmyr

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 06:32 PM Reply

I joined the legion before I knew joining the Stormcloaks was even an option. I would have followed the Stormcloak guy out of the first city if I had even noticed I could.
But, if it were an option, I would either be sort of a mercenary, doing work for both sides just for the money, or just stay out of it entirely. I don't like either of their goals.

Same with the Forsworn Vs Silver-Bloods. I don't like the Silver-Bloods, and would fully support the Forsworn if it weren't for the whole "Some Nords are bad therefore all Nords must die" thing.

Also, has anyone else been getting these letters from "A Friend" telling you where new shouts are?
I just did the third one, which I figured would be the last one until it broke the Animal Allegiance theme. So I guess there will be more if I keep shouting at things. I'm also wondering how this stalker knows where I'm at constantly. The first letter I got was because I was shouting in my own home, and I assumed my housecarl was sending me anonymous letters for some reason.
Then I got a letter for shouting in Solitude, then for shouting in some random fort. So I guess it's just some creep following me everywhere I go.

I've got dragon bodies piling up in Solitude. Two dead frost dragons and a dead blood dragon that refuse to despawn. The first frost dragon killed Octieve San :(. I liked him and his drunken antics. I even reloaded the game and fought that dragon about 10 times, but it's like it had something against him, cause it killed the fuck out of him every single time, and sometimes it killed his daughter too. Nobody else in the town got killed except Octieve and Evette, aside from a stray guard or two.

I got a new mask, now I have Krosis and Osomething, I don't even remember the name. I know it boosts your resistance to fire, ice, and lightning. I also got a staff from the new mask guy that electrifies the ground, and I can basically make a force field around myself.

Still don't even know how to get married. I just know you have to talk to some priest guy or something. I rarely even go into the churches. But there's really nobody I want to marry anyway, so whatever.

I'm becoming fond of forcing weak bandits to yield and then cutting their heads off. That's pretty fun. I find it very odd that the head is always like 10 times harder to lift than the entire body is, even if the body has the head attached.

Uhhhh, I think that's it.

djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 06:58 PM Reply

Has anyone else ever killed a dragon and not been able to steal its soul? I hunted one down as a bounty and I never got its soul afterward.

At 11/20/11 06:32 PM, Squidbit wrote: I got a new mask, now I have Krosis and Osomething, I don't even remember the name. I know it boosts your resistance to fire, ice, and lightning. I also got a staff from the new mask guy that electrifies the ground, and I can basically make a force field around myself.

I have three. Volsung (my favorite so far as it increases the amount you can carry and it counts as light armor), Otar (heavy armor that increases resistance to fire, shock, and ice), and Morokei which I find completely useless compared to the other two (magicka regenerates faster). I've only ever found them while following the advice in the letters from "a friend". I'm starting to wonder if there's a way to combine them all into one super mask like with the amulet of Gouldur.

Still don't even know how to get married. I just know you have to talk to some priest guy or something. I rarely even go into the churches. But there's really nobody I want to marry anyway, so whatever.

You need to be wearing an amulet of Mara and be talking to someone who likes you.

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 07:02 PM Reply

Went to Solitude to test out the fireball spell I finally bought on some guards because that's how I judge weapons, realized I could actually do significant damage, ran around the city again and again shooting fireballs into crowds of guards, managed to actually kill them all, got arrested because I wanted to see my bounty, ended up just going to jail, broke out of my cell and killed the guards with an axe I found, broke out, ran out of the city and to the docks, blood dragon came out of nowhere and fucked up the shit of everyone chasing me, naturally escaped out into some swamps and lol'd.

I can never go back.
Crink
Crink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 07:32 PM Reply

At 11/20/11 06:58 PM, djack wrote: Has anyone else ever killed a dragon and not been able to steal its soul? I hunted one down as a bounty and I never got its soul afterward.

this bug has happened to me twice, surprisingly. once, where i killed the dragon and it just didn't absorb for some reason. the second, a bear came killed the dragon so i assumed that bear was also dovahkiin.

I'm starting to wonder if there's a way to combine them all into one super mask like with the amulet of Gouldur.

yeah there is, mang

hey

BBS Signature
Letiger
Letiger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 07:38 PM Reply

At 11/20/11 05:42 PM, idiot-monarch wrote:

IMPERIAL SCUM!
You do realize that the Stromcloaks are basically Nazis, right? They're fighting not only for the independence of Skyrim, but to rid the province of non-Nords.

Your point? What's wrong with Nazis? It's like you're saying, "They're "x" and believe "y", so you shouldn't like them at all."

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 07:47 PM Reply

Yo, I thought everyone would prefer the Stormcloak rebels over the Imperials but frankly in my area I seem to be one of the lone choosers of that side. Everyone I know that owns the game prefers defending towns and picking Imperials than invading towns and helping the Stormcloaks rise to victory.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 07:50 PM Reply

I've lost count of how many times a guard has told me "I used to be an adventurer like you, until I took an arrow to the knee." Seriously, there must just be some dude camping out in the woods who shoots every adventurer he sees in the knee, then directs them to the nearest guard outpost.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 07:50 PM Reply

Smithing has come to be one of the most valuable skills in the game for me. You can greatly improve your damage output and defensive skill by smithing. I have little doubt that the effects of my smithing have saved my life many times.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 08:02 PM Reply

At 11/20/11 07:32 PM, Crink wrote:
At 11/20/11 06:58 PM, djack wrote: Has anyone else ever killed a dragon and not been able to steal its soul? I hunted one down as a bounty and I never got its soul afterward.
this bug has happened to me twice, surprisingly. once, where i killed the dragon and it just didn't absorb for some reason. the second, a bear came killed the dragon so i assumed that bear was also dovahkiin.

I'm starting to wonder if there's a way to combine them all into one super mask like with the amulet of Gouldur.
yeah there is, mang

Now I have to hunt them down obsessivelly until I possess all of them, along with statues of Dibella and the dragon claws made of various materials.

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 08:23 PM Reply

Who the hell is the 'friend' who keeps sending me letters and how does he know where and when I do a shout?

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 08:40 PM Reply

So has anyone else done the Hall of the Dead quest in Markarth?
I knew that was a pretty bad town, but holy shit, I didn't think it was that bad. Now I'm glad I didn't keep that dog. I'm also glad I don't buy food.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 08:42 PM Reply

At 11/20/11 08:23 PM, POTaTOS wrote: Who the hell is the 'friend' who keeps sending me letters and how does he know where and when I do a shout?

Perhaps a Gerybeard?

SirGoatfather
SirGoatfather
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 08:42 PM Reply

At 11/20/11 08:42 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 11/20/11 08:23 PM, POTaTOS wrote: Who the hell is the 'friend' who keeps sending me letters and how does he know where and when I do a shout?
Perhaps a Gerybeard?

Greybeard*

I correct Makeshift's posts

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 08:44 PM Reply

At 11/20/11 05:42 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: You do realize that the Stromcloaks are basically Nazis, right? They're fighting not only for the independence of Skyrim, but to rid the province of non-Nords.

I joined the Stormcloaks as a Breton.
The Imperials/Thalmor want to ban Talos worship. Either way, it's black or black.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 08:49 PM Reply

At 11/20/11 08:42 PM, Makeshift wrote:
Perhaps a Gerybeard?

Well I feel bad for the courier who has to haul his ass up all 7,000 steps to high Hrothgar and back every time they want to send a letter.

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 09:14 PM Reply

After doing the 'Throw Voice' shout and hearning my voice, I'm never doing it again.

I sound like I'm in puberty.

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 09:48 PM Reply

So I just borrowed Oblivion from a friend, and I'm really having a lot of trouble getting into it. I'm currently trying to close the first gate of Oblivion, and I'm in the tower. But regardless, I'm not having a whole lot of fun. I'm trying really hard to enjoy it as much as everybody else did, but I'm having issues.

So my question: Should I get Skyrim if I don't really like Oblivion?

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 09:55 PM Reply

At 11/20/11 09:48 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: So my question: Should I get Skyrim if I don't really like Oblivion?

Yeah, I don't really like Oblivion, but Skyrim's definitely the best game I've played.

Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 09:58 PM Reply

At 11/20/11 09:48 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: So I just borrowed Oblivion from a friend, and I'm really having a lot of trouble getting into it. I'm currently trying to close the first gate of Oblivion, and I'm in the tower. But regardless, I'm not having a whole lot of fun. I'm trying really hard to enjoy it as much as everybody else did, but I'm having issues.

So my question: Should I get Skyrim if I don't really like Oblivion?

Skyrim is a huge jump from Oblivion. Personally, I enjoyed Oblivion, but I like Skyrim a lot more. I have friends who didn't like Oblivion and love Skyrim. So, yeah, you should get it.

BBS Signature