00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lazyliving456 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

368,937 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 14:46:37

At 11/25/11 11:57 AM, Syztm wrote: Kind of unrelated, but I just had to share this.

That article is fucking hilarious.

"When a player casts a spell, you will see the hand gesture is that of how homosexuals fling devil DNA juices at each other after a long night of fecal frenzy ass assassinations."

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 15:02:54

Found a pretty weird glitch by accident. If you do some crimes to get your bounty up, then pay off your bounty with the guards, there'll be a small 1-2 second gap in between them talking and the loading screen coming up whilst they take your stolen goods etc. If you attack a guard in those few seconds, the blood spurt of the guard will be in the place where you attacked him. It'll stay there even if you exit and re-enter the area. I reloaded my save since some off my best stuff is stolen and the blood spurt was still there, despite that save being before I attacked the guard.

That church/temple in Whiterun now has a nice blood fountain in the center which will likely remain there for eternity.

Just thought you'd all love to know.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 15:09:03

At 11/25/11 03:02 PM, warshark wrote:
Just thought you'd all love to know.

Sweet, the only glitch I found was the one where you get smashed by a giant and fly over a hundred feet in the air.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 15:11:18

This is something cool for those who are a fan of the series and would like to take looker at some hidden areas.

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/131451435 04/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-sk yrim

If your up for a hike, and want to get your mind wondering why this is there. Go check it out.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 15:11:26

Anyone know where to find the Dark Brotherhood? I want to do their quests...

At 11/25/11 03:09 PM, Ketchemonia wrote:
Sweet, the only glitch I found was the one where you get smashed by a giant and fly over a hundred feet in the air.

That's not a glitch, it's a feature.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 15:16:16

At 11/25/11 03:11 PM, majormario wrote: Anyone know where to find the Dark Brotherhood? I want to do their quests...

At 11/25/11 03:09 PM, Ketchemonia wrote:
That's not a glitch, it's a feature.

Really, thats pretty fucking awesome. I'd give you the locale of there hideout I found if in my travels But I never was able to enter it says that same crap in tes4 but I lost its location . Its that door in tes4 but it is in the wild outside some city.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 15:20:53

At 11/25/11 03:11 PM, majormario wrote: Anyone know where to find the Dark Brotherhood? I want to do their quests...

Just go into different Inns and ask for gossip, and eventually someone will mention something about a kid in Winterhold (I think) trying to contact the DB.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 15:22:03

At 11/25/11 03:11 PM, Alcalader wrote: This is something cool for those who are a fan of the series and would like to take looker at some hidden areas.

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/131451435 04/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-sk yrim

If your up for a hike, and want to get your mind wondering why this is there. Go check it out.

I believe it was possible to enter Skyrim and Morrowind from Cyrodil in tes4 and it didn't look so damn crappy either.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 15:32:01

At 11/25/11 11:57 AM, Syztm wrote: Kind of unrelated, but I just had to share this.

I just had my first nerd rage. I know it's hilarious trolling but still...

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 15:37:19

At 11/25/11 03:22 PM, Ketchemonia wrote:
At 11/25/11 03:11 PM, Alcalader wrote: This is something cool for those who are a fan of the series and would like to take looker at some hidden areas.

I believe it was possible to enter Skyrim and Morrowind from Cyrodil in tes4 and it didn't look so damn crappy either.

I've got IV, and I've explored just about every aspect of that game, before even completing the main questline, since I got bored with that, and I found no way to enter Morrowind, Skyrim, Blackmarsh, or anything, and that pissed me off to no end because those places were names on the world map...I want to go to Blackmarsh, the land of my people...Argonians are awesome. :D
I finished the DLC before starting back up on the second half of the main questline. It was fun, becoming Madgod after the Sheogorath became Jyggalag and Jyggalag became Dead and then I became Madgod. You follow?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 15:51:11

At 11/25/11 03:37 PM, DragonXander wrote:
At 11/25/11 03:22 PM, Ketchemonia wrote:

I've got IV, and I've explored just about every aspect of that game, before even completing the main questline, since I got bored with that, and I found no way to enter Morrowind, Skyrim, Blackmarsh, or anything, and that pissed me off to no end because those places were names on the world map...I want to go to Blackmarsh, the land of my people...Argonians are awesome. :D
I finished the DLC before starting back up on the second half of the main questline. It was fun, becoming Madgod after the Sheogorath became Jyggalag and Jyggalag became Dead and then I became Madgod. You follow?

Ya I dig, but don't get angry at me cuz I was Madgod first, and yes it was possible it was a glitch a rather difficult one where you needed no updates what so ever. And there were NPCs and towns huge plains to transverse about. Don't waste your time trying to do it, because it just wont happen. You gotta keep riding on your horse into invisible walls to enter those two lands. Damn they looked awesome, not unrendered like it is in Skyrim. But the whole tameriel landmass now thats impressive to fit all that on one disc. Remember I was Madgod first.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 16:20:59

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 16:39:01

At 11/25/11 04:20 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: I'm laughing my ass off at this and feel the need to tell somebody about it.

Already been posted.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 16:45:52

At 11/25/11 04:39 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 11/25/11 04:20 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: I'm laughing my ass off at this and feel the need to tell somebody about it.
Already been posted.

Well shit, I've just been late all day.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 19:36:45

So I want to start my own museum of stuff collected from my adventures. I've decided to play as an Imperial and go through every quest line to gather as much stuff as possible. What's the ideal house for such? I'm going to attempt to collect every Daedric artifact,(Except for the Skeleton key. I can't drop that.) dragon claw, and other stuff to put on display. I can't decide between the house in Markarth of the one in Solitude. Markarth has a room practically dedicated to showing off weapons and miscellaneous items. But solitude has more places to put things.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 20:19:32

At 11/25/11 07:36 PM, POTaTOS wrote: So I want to start my own museum of stuff collected from my adventures. I've decided to play as an Imperial and go through every quest line to gather as much stuff as possible. What's the ideal house for such? I'm going to attempt to collect every Daedric artifact,(Except for the Skeleton key. I can't drop that.) dragon claw, and other stuff to put on display. I can't decide between the house in Markarth of the one in Solitude. Markarth has a room practically dedicated to showing off weapons and miscellaneous items. But solitude has more places to put things.

Solitude is pretty terrible in terms of storage. There's only a couple weapon plaque things in the basement, and one in the bedroom, other than that, there's really nowhere to put much of anything, unless you want to lay it out on small tables.
I haven't seen the house in Markarth, or anywhere else for that matter.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 20:20:51

So I've made my decision about Amren. I see him constantly walking past my house, and he even stares at it as he walks past. I'm certain there is something going on between him and Aela, though I don't care to find out what.

I will wait until night and kill him in the streets, strip him of his clothes and leave him for the whole of Whiterun to see. The next day I wait until night and silently kill Aela, my wife, after taking her out to a secluded area for nobody to find, especially the Companions.

They will pay.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 20:51:19

I did the assault on Greenwall today (or whatever Imperial quest gives you the second war trophy). During the raid, a dragon swooped down and killed everybody except for me and Hadvar, at which point Hadvar went into rage mode and pulled a finisher on the dragon. He then proceeded to sheathe his sword and went to Windhelm, like nothing had happened.

Shit was cash.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 21:18:23

At 11/25/11 08:51 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: a dragon swooped down and killed everybody except for me and Hadvar, at which point Hadvar went into rage mode and pulled a finisher on the dragon. He then proceeded to sheathe his sword and went to Windhelm, like nothing had happened.

Whenever I go to Whiterun, Hadvar is there, following me around with his weapon drawn.

I'm scared

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 21:33:04

You may have seen me complain that I'm not happy with my character. Over these 2 weeks I've had the game, I've made more characters, and gotten them over level 5, than I can count. I do this with every Bethesda RPG: Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas. I try out everything until I'm sure I truly love my character. Maybe I'm just picky, but if he doesn't feel right, he's getting deleted. Everything has to be perfect.

But I put 50 hours into an Imperial, he's level 30 now, and I don't want him anymore. When I play him, I'm just not having fun. Just something about him. So yup, made a new character. A Nord. Light armor, mace and shield, archery. The big difference this time though: I've completely stopped using fast-travel. I've got 8 hours into him and I'm enjoying the game now more than ever. When you fast-travel everywhere, you miss out on so much.

I just spent 20 minutes riding from Whiterun to Ivarstead, staying on the main road, following the signs, instead of my usual "Carriage to Riften then straight at it" method. On the way, a man marked "Fugitive" ran up to me, gave me enchanted iron gauntlets and said "Hide this, I'll be back for it, if you double-cross me, I'll kill you." I sold the gauntlets. I was amazed as I looked off a cliff and saw a dragon circling a mountain way off in the distance. Some random vampires tried to kill me so I bashed their heads in.

You may think I'm taking this all too seriously, that it's "just a video game" but I'm telling you, when you fast-travel, you're missing out on a lot that the land of Skyrim has to offer.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 21:34:09

At 11/25/11 09:26 PM, tyler2513 wrote: So, it's not like he was in hiding or it was a Bin Laden Hunt or anything they could have just focused on Windhelm and had him executed after a re-finding of him. Also, why does the Dragonborn kill him after assisting his soldiers in the assault of Whiterun? Or are these two events by Dragonborn different in whether you choose to join Stormcloaks or Imperials? Jeez, I know, so many questions.

So instead of actually playing the game and finding out what happens you come here asking what happens?

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 21:36:30

Tyler. Why would you post all that without posting "WARNING SPOILERS" before the rest of the post?

Dick.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 21:44:31

At 11/25/11 09:18 PM, desert116 wrote: Whenever I go to Whiterun, Hadvar is there, following me around with his weapon drawn.
I'm scared

He keeps following me too

hold me

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 21:47:13

At 11/25/11 08:19 PM, Squidbit wrote: Solitude is pretty terrible in terms of storage. There's only a couple weapon plaque things in the basement, and one in the bedroom

But it has more weapon rack space than any other house.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 22:09:17

A small story:
My second dragon was hard to kill. I wasn't expecting it. I appaerntly startled it with a random flash of lightning and then it started attacking me. And it used some kind of frost breath. Luckily I had a resist frost necklace and I'm a nord to begin with. I switched between magic and bow for a while, and then I kind of layed low. Then it started attacking a nearby group of people. Thought they were friendly. Nope. Bandits. The dragon had killed a couple by the time I got there. Then the bandits started attacking me, with the dragon on the ground right beside me. My magic was running out. Switched to dual flame and frost axes. Ran out of stamina. Less than half health. Pause. Potions. Finished the job. By the end, one bandit was left standing, barely. Was basically telling me leave or i'll shoot. I stood there, staring back. She stared back. Akward silence. "I'm warning you," she says. I don't even budge. Arrow hits me. I use lightning. She's almost dead. Gets on knees, and crawls away a bit. Regens health a bit. Then gets back up and proceeds to threaten me again. Fires another arrow. I finish the job. If she had run away, the AI would be perfect.
---
By the way, am I the only one who steals all the books from everywhere until I have a copy of everyone?

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 02:56:03

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 05:12:00

At 11/26/11 02:56 AM, Halberd wrote: We need to sign this petition guise!

1) To enact an immediate ban on the videogame known as "SkyRim" produced by Blizzard Entertainment.

Have to admit, I kinda lol'd.

Now with 100% more Steam! lI Minecraft you say? 63.246.149.6 II XBL: WorseThanMonday II

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 06:02:54

Now I'm at the point where I can kill a dragon head on. I had to split up with Lydia to take care of some Dark Brotherhood assassination so she wouldn't get caught up fighting guards and dying in the process. I swear, I care about my companions too much.

At 11/25/11 09:36 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: Tyler. Why would you post all that without posting "WARNING SPOILERS" before the rest of the post?

Dick.

Don't worry about him, although I may have been too late to take care of him for you.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 07:19:44

Is there any way to make kill sequences more frequent? I only get one in like 1/20 kills.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 09:27:15

Im level 38 with 90 hours playing time.

The FPS drop/Lag that im getting is ridiculous at the moment in most city or new places i have explored. Its getting really bad though almost unplayable at times.. Im on the PS3.. never had problems like this before

Anyone else getting this? Anyway to fix it? and why am i only getting it now.. is it because im higher level done stuff got more stuff etc..