New Topic Respond to this Topic
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 12:57 AM Reply

Fancy that, I also saw a giant, red mudcrab.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 01:05 AM Reply

Going to restart this game soon. I didn't get too far originally but I feel I'll enjoy it more when focusing on stats and attributes that I actually prefer to play with.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 01:37 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 01:05 AM, Gagsy wrote: Going to restart this game soon. I didn't get too far originally but I feel I'll enjoy it more when focusing on stats and attributes that I actually prefer to play with.

If you want to hack and slash, play a Redguard, Orc, or Nord.

I always play a Redguard. (black man) And then I beat everyone's face in with a warhammer who looks at me the wrong way. Did I mention I steal everything that's not bolted down?

A coat of gold, a coat of red, a lion still has claws...

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 01:52 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 01:37 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
If you want to hack and slash, play a Redguard, Orc, or Nord.

I always play a Redguard. (black man) And then I beat everyone's face in with a warhammer who looks at me the wrong way.

My mother always warned me about bringing a black man home.

Did I mention I steal everything that's not bolted down?

I love you.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
desert116
desert116
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 03:42 AM Reply

So for the past 40 hours I had this Hjalti's Sword stuck in my inventory after I randomly picked it up somewhere. It was marked as a quest item so I couldn't drop it, and because it was a quest item, I didn't want to remove it using the console.

Then I went to sleep in some random inn, and a ghost appeared and was all like "Hjalti, gimme your sword" and I was like "OH THANK AKATOSH I CAN FINALLY GET RID OF THIS THING"

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Programmer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 07:19 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 07:12 AM, iMini wrote: Please Bethesda, please tell me you're using this for the best DLC ever!

If that's true, then it's awesome news. There's no way they'd include all that if they didn't plan on doing something with it. As if I didn't already think Skyrim was the best game ever, this will blow everything else clean out the water!

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 07:22 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 07:12 AM, iMini wrote: Please Bethesda, please tell me you're using this for the best DLC ever!

If the expansion makes it to PS3 then holy fuck, I'll be spending more time on Skyrim than one would to beat all the quests and reach the highest level in World of Warcraft. It does feel that endless.

[ BBS / Chat / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 08:02 AM Reply

I play the Skyrim theme while I shit.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 08:24 AM Reply

I just got this game, I put 500 hours into Oblivion.. will I like this?

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Programmer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 08:33 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 08:24 AM, simon wrote: I just got this game, I put 500 hours into Oblivion.. will I like this?

Definitely. It really does feel like they took Oblivion and made it a hell of a lot better. It's just a superior game in every way. I guess my one niggle is the map. Obviously it's Skyrim so I expected snowy mountains and stuff, but it can feel a little bland at times.

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 08:36 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 08:24 AM, simon wrote: I just got this game, I put 500 hours into Oblivion.. will I like this?

No, you will probably hate it and sell it.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Programmer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 08:47 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 08:33 AM, Dean wrote:
Definitely. It really does feel like they took Oblivion and made it a hell of a lot better.

The guild quest seem a lot less fun to me. Mainly the Dark Brotherhood. The Dark Brotherhood was WAY too easy. In Oblivion you had to try to loosen an animal head onto somebody without either his servent or him seeing you.. Kill each person at a party without the others seeing you do it... etc. Nothing like that in Skyrim.

The side quest seem a lot better though.

It's just a superior game in every way. I guess my one niggle is the map. Obviously it's Skyrim so I expected snowy mountains and stuff, but it can feel a little bland at times.

It's really hard to find places some times. I think that problem could easily be solved by showing the names next to the major cities.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Programmer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 08:53 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 08:47 AM, Jolly wrote: The guild quest seem a lot less fun to me.

Actually, I'll agree with you there. I miss the style of having a Fighters Guild and Mages Guild in every city. It made the quest line for each of them seem to last longer. You can bash through all the guilds in Skyrim pretty quickly. Well, I still have the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood to finish, but if The Companions and The College were anything to go by, it wont take me long at all.

Speaking of the 'cities', they're also less impressive than Oblivion yet they seem to fit with the Nord setting. Some of them just fell really quite small, but still have all the same functionality.

BBS Signature
simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 09:58 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 08:33 AM, Dean wrote: Definitely. It really does feel like they took Oblivion and made it a hell of a lot better. It's just a superior game in every way. I guess my one niggle is the map. Obviously it's Skyrim so I expected snowy mountains and stuff, but it can feel a little bland at times.

That's good to hear, I've been watching someone stream it for a couple of days now and the graphics, story, quests and every little bit seems to have improved a lot from previous games so I'm hoping I can get into it just like I did with Oblivion (which is my favourite Elder Scrolls game, ever).

At 11/22/11 08:36 AM, phrozonfire wrote: No, you will probably hate it and sell it.

No need to be sarcastic, some people would argue Morrowind is the best Elder Scrolls game out there but I didn't like that and couldn't get into it, whereas I got into Oblivion. And I was hearing Skyrim is a combination of both of the games so obviously I'm going to have some second thoughts about this game.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 10:10 AM Reply

I originally dismissed Morrowind mainly for the combat system. I am willing to give it a second chance at a later point providing I can settle with how combat works in Morrowind. However, for now I can say I'm happy with Skyrim. I still have an awful lot to do so I'm busy enough without any expansions or such.

[ BBS / Chat / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 10:16 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 09:58 AM, simon wrote: No need to be sarcastic, some people would argue Morrowind is the best Elder Scrolls game out there but I didn't like that and couldn't get into it, whereas I got into Oblivion. And I was hearing Skyrim is a combination of both of the games so obviously I'm going to have some second thoughts about this game.

I hated Morrowind, loved Oblivion, and WORSHIP SKYRIM. It's almost like they took the best parts of every game style I've ever liked, put it into one game, and created Skyrim. The only thing that truly upsets me is the fact that there's no arena.

Can anyone imagine how incredible the game would have been if it created an arena with these graphics?? If they caught a Dragon for you and there was an opportunity to fight one as final quests for the beast challenges? That's probably the only thing I could complain about. Maybe a DLC? Who knows.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 10:38 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 08:47 AM, Jolly wrote: The guild quest seem a lot less fun to me. Mainly the Dark Brotherhood. The Dark Brotherhood was WAY too easy. In Oblivion you had to try to loosen an animal head onto somebody without either his servent or him seeing you.. Kill each person at a party without the others seeing you do it... etc. Nothing like that in Skyrim.

The side quest seem a lot better though.

I agree mostly except for one thing,
SPOILER
Killing a woman in broad daylight at her own wedding with a loose gargoyle and then later posing as a chef so that you can stand next to the guy whose food you just poisoned tops anything you did in Oblivion for a bonus from the Dark Brotherhood. The latter part of that actually led to an awesome fight experience for me as I'm a fan of the literal trailers by Tobuscus and managed to nod at the hawk in Solitude just before the guy finished talking and tried to send the guards after me causing me to slaughter my way out of the city.

IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 11:35 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 01:37 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: Redguard. (black man)

They're not really black people as much as they are Arabs.

Khajiit are closer to your stereotypical black guy.

#sweg
#huzzledongs
#sweg

BBS Signature
warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 12:28 PM Reply

At 11/21/11 05:28 PM, Dean wrote: Yea. For the most part it's a case of time rather than effort. I think the only achievements that I might struggle with are the one that included pickpocketing 50 times

Wasn't even aware of this achievement. I've been pickpocketing the shit out of everyone since it's fairly easy to level up.

I think i'll create a new character soon. I'll probably be a pure sneak khajit. After hearing what someone else did in this thread where they had a low levelled character but with a really high pickpocketing skill, i've been wanting to try it out for myself.

Sig made by simon <3
360 Gamertag - Warshark NG
PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 12:38 PM Reply

At 11/21/11 11:01 PM, djack wrote: Nirnroot grapes? I found some Crimson Nirnroot in Blackreach but I've never heard of Nirnroot grapes.

They're called Jazzsomething grapes I think, you need them to grow nirnroot. I know they're light purple.

Also that Morrowind and Cyrrodil thing, god dammit I hope they do something with that.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Programmer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 12:41 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 12:28 PM, warshark wrote: Wasn't even aware of this achievement.

Thief - 30G
Pick 50 locks and 50 pockets

It's pickpocketing that will take me some time. Checked my stats earlier. 100+ locks picked but zero pockets picked.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 01:01 PM Reply

That news about the whole of Tamriel being in the game is pretty cool, but I doubt they're literally going to give us all of it. Sure it would be unbelievably awesome to the point of being the single greatest thing of all time, but it would also end the series and make every other instalment redundant. TES is Bethesda's biggest money maker at the moment and Tamriel is still partially unexplored, I doubt they would throw away 3-4 potential games just to make this one better.

A Morrowind or a Hammerfell/High Rock expansion seems quite likely, to me anyway, but you shouldn't get your hopes up.

Although that been said there are other continents on Nirn, and most fans already know what to expect from most of Tamriel. If they did do this it would mean a completely new, unexplored continent and a fresh slate for the series in the next game. That would kick ass.

At 11/22/11 10:10 AM, Bahamut wrote: I originally dismissed Morrowind mainly for the combat system. I am willing to give it a second chance at a later point providing I can settle with how combat works in Morrowind.

That turned me off at first too. Thankfully there's a mod that changes the combat to more of an Oblivion style so you wont miss 9 out of 10 swings when you're a low level. The game is almost unplayable to me without it.

At 11/22/11 12:41 PM, Dean wrote: It's pickpocketing that will take me some time. Checked my stats earlier. 100+ locks picked but zero pockets picked.

It doesn't literally mean 50 pockets though, each individual item counts as picking a pocket, so you can get 50 really fast. Took me literally 5 minutes of running around Whiterun to get 50, and I had a really low pickpocket skill at the time too.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Programmer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 01:16 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 01:01 PM, Jackho wrote: It doesn't literally mean 50 pockets though, each individual item counts as picking a pocket, so you can get 50 really fast.

Ah, that sounds much better. I never really play as stealthy characters on any games, which would explain why I still haven't picked a picket.

Also, how much junk do you guys hoard in game? If I open one of the chests in my house there must be well over 100 items that I know I'm never going to use and cant be arsed to sell because of all the trips to and from stores that would be required. Worst thing is, I still keep adding more useless shit to it!

BBS Signature
warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 01:26 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 12:41 PM, Dean wrote: Thief - 30G
Pick 50 locks and 50 pockets

It's pickpocketing that will take me some time. Checked my stats earlier. 100+ locks picked but zero pockets picked.

Other way around for me. I hardly ever pick locks. Spent around 3 hours Sunday night just picking the pockets of everyone in Whiterun so i'm sure i've already got over 50.

At 11/22/11 01:16 PM, Dean wrote: Also, how much junk do you guys hoard in game? If I open one of the chests in my house there must be well over 100 items that I know I'm never going to use and cant be arsed to sell because of all the trips to and from stores that would be required. Worst thing is, I still keep adding more useless shit to it!

I've got a chest for my useless crap i'll never need, a chest for useless crap i've stolen and a chest for all my smithing items which i'll probably never get around to using.

Sig made by simon <3
360 Gamertag - Warshark NG
PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 01:33 PM Reply

I have a chest full of Dragon Scales and Dragon Bones that I can't sell because the merchants are all poor as fuck.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 02:25 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 01:16 PM, Dean wrote: Also, how much junk do you guys hoard in game?

I used to hoard a ridiculous amount of stuff with the intent of selling it later(I was working towards the 100,000 gold achievement), but it just kept piling up. Now that I have more gold than I'll ever need and armor/weapons that make me pretty much invincible I don't bother taking my time to loot each dungeon any more, I just go rambo to get the quest over with. You get rich and strong way too fast in this game.

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 02:36 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 01:16 PM, Dean wrote:
At 11/22/11 01:01 PM, Jackho wrote: It doesn't literally mean 50 pockets though, each individual item counts as picking a pocket, so you can get 50 really fast.
Ah, that sounds much better. I never really play as stealthy characters on any games, which would explain why I still haven't picked a picket.

Don't they have an occupy movement in Glasgow?

Completed the Stormcloak quest line, raiding cities is some of the most fun I've had. I was all like brb, overthrowing empires like a boss

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 02:38 PM Reply

Does anyone know if there is a way to change your character's appearance after the beginning (for PS3)? I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to change at least hair and warpaint.

Join The Bat Crew. Be a superhero. Get a cool sig.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 02:38 PM, EmmaVolt wrote: Does anyone know if there is a way to change your character's appearance after the beginning (for PS3)? I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to change at least hair and warpaint.

Nope - Not possible.

Yeah, whatever.