Be a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

  • 208,356 Views
  • 4,621 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 07:10 PM Reply

My wife's alive and she gave me 3400 gold because apparently we have a store that made some profits.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 07:57 PM Reply

Is it wrong that I keep wanting to cheat on Aela? I keep seeing women more attractive than her, and she has an annoying voice.

She may have to die soon.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 08:03 PM Reply

At 11/21/11 07:57 PM, Snuff wrote: Is it wrong that I keep wanting to cheat on Aela? I keep seeing women more attractive than her, and she has an annoying voice.

She may have to die soon.

Can you have more then one wife? I'd mormon that shit.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 08:09 PM Reply

Does anyone have the Notched Pickaxe? I got it today, but my Smithing skill isn't any higher with it equipped and everything I make comes out better. I'm kind of disappointed.


BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 08:44 PM Reply

At 11/21/11 04:32 PM, Wolfos wrote: Nope, only the guy in Whiterun that is always shouting about Talos and everything.

WE ARE BUT WOOOOORRRMMMSSS!!! WRIITHIIINNG IN THE FIIILTH OF SOCIETYYYYYYY!!!


[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 09:44 PM Reply

MUAHAHA! I assassinated the Emporor! Now I will be the most infamous man in Tamri- 40 septims added to my bounty? THAT'S IT?!


[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 09:54 PM Reply

At 11/21/11 09:44 PM, POTaTOS wrote: MUAHAHA! I assassinated the Emporor! Now I will be the most infamous man in Tamri- 40 septims added to my bounty? THAT'S IT?!

My bounty didn't go up at all when I killed him, although everyone else around had already been assassinated. I also captured his soul in a black soul gem I had with me, his soul is the prize of my obscene collection of stolen goods, dragon claws, statues of naked goddesses (why is Dibella portrayed as being nude?), and death masks of ancient priests. Maybe I should consider getting a new hobby.

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 09:55 PM Reply

At 11/21/11 09:54 PM, djack wrote:
At 11/21/11 09:44 PM, POTaTOS wrote: MUAHAHA! I assassinated the Emporor! Now I will be the most infamous man in Tamri- 40 septims added to my bounty? THAT'S IT?!
My bounty didn't go up at all when I killed him, although everyone else around had already been assassinated. I also captured his soul in a black soul gem I had with me, his soul is the prize of my obscene collection of stolen goods, dragon claws, statues of naked goddesses (why is Dibella portrayed as being nude?), and death masks of ancient priests. Maybe I should consider getting a new hobby.

You hobby sounds wonderful. I collect the dragon claws too. But I only decided to AFTER I sold the diamond one. I never saw it again...


[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 09:59 PM Reply

At 11/21/11 09:55 PM, POTaTOS wrote: You hobby sounds wonderful. I collect the dragon claws too. But I only decided to AFTER I sold the diamond one. I never saw it again...

I thought about displaying this stuff around my house but the one time I tried with one of the statues I couldn't find it when I went back home. Apparently my housecarl had knocked it to the floor somehow and it went across the room into a corner, I don't trust her with my stuff anymore but I just don't want to waste the time it would take to kill her and risk getting a bounty if she somehow survives the first attack.

iMini
iMini
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 10:07 PM Reply

How do I get married?


illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 10:37 PM Reply

At 11/21/11 10:07 PM, iMini wrote: How do I get married?

If only there were a wiki for this stuff.


[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 10:38 PM Reply

At 11/21/11 09:54 PM, djack wrote: statues of naked goddesses (why is Dibella portrayed as being nude?)

Why is Dibella the only goddess you can find a statue of? And why are there so many of them?

Also where do I find those fancy nirnroot grapes? I've only found one so far, and I remember seeing one before I got the quest and I didn't pick it up.

wafflecake12
wafflecake12
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 11:00 PM Reply

At 11/21/11 06:54 PM, Dromedary wrote: Ok you guys, whoever murdered my wife is going to get fucked up.

Ysolda, why?!

You married Ysolda too? Now I don't feel as special anymore.


Gamertag: Evilchicken43
"Screw those people, I have pancakes."
Sig by simon

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 11:01 PM Reply

At 11/21/11 10:38 PM, Squidbit wrote:
At 11/21/11 09:54 PM, djack wrote: statues of naked goddesses (why is Dibella portrayed as being nude?)
Why is Dibella the only goddess you can find a statue of? And why are there so many of them?

Also where do I find those fancy nirnroot grapes? I've only found one so far, and I remember seeing one before I got the quest and I didn't pick it up.

Nirnroot grapes? I found some Crimson Nirnroot in Blackreach but I've never heard of Nirnroot grapes.

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 11:09 PM Reply

I've already said that Elder Scrolls VI should be in Elseweyr and Valenwood. But I think the plot should be a war between the Bosmer and the Khajiit. You start the game as a war captive in the middle of a negotiation, then someone fires and arrow and all hell breaks loose. You wake up in a house in a small village between the two provinces, and you've lost your memory. Meanwhile villages are being destroyed with no witnesses to say what happened. (Which turns out to be a Falmer uprising.) You have to uncover the mystery behind yourself and the Falmer, whilst uncovering many conspiracies.


[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 11:13 PM Reply

At 11/21/11 11:09 PM, POTaTOS wrote: I've already said that Elder Scrolls VI should be in Elseweyr and Valenwood. But I think the plot should be a war between the Bosmer and the Khajiit. You start the game as a war captive in the middle of a negotiation, then someone fires and arrow and all hell breaks loose. You wake up in a house in a small village between the two provinces, and you've lost your memory. Meanwhile villages are being destroyed with no witnesses to say what happened. (Which turns out to be a Falmer uprising.) You have to uncover the mystery behind yourself and the Falmer, whilst uncovering many conspiracies.

I would love a chance to see the Falmer return to power and a mer empire created when the 5 types of mer people ally together and conquer Cyrodil. Odds are that the next TES game will be on the next gen consoles as well so the available hardware will be much more powerful than current gen giving them a chance to make a game larger and more detailed than even Skyrim has been.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 11:19 PM Reply

Some of you may like this video. Most brutal game of tag ever.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
hitman1993
hitman1993
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 11:31 PM Reply

Help me out here, bros. I want to start a second character, and I love the roleplaying aspect, so I want to make a druid character. I envisioned a druid in Oblivion, but it never quite worked. I just happened to remember the druid idea and I'm sure Skyrim can fullfill it.

So help me out here. What race would work best? What skills should I focus on? What armor, if any, should I wear? If you're not sure what I'm talking about, a druid is basically a wizard of nature. Kind of a cross between mage and hunter.

Ideas, everyone?


BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 11:35 PM Reply

At 11/21/11 11:31 PM, hitman1993 wrote: Help me out here, bros. I want to start a second character, and I love the roleplaying aspect, so I want to make a druid character. I envisioned a druid in Oblivion, but it never quite worked. I just happened to remember the druid idea and I'm sure Skyrim can fullfill it.

So help me out here. What race would work best? What skills should I focus on? What armor, if any, should I wear? If you're not sure what I'm talking about, a druid is basically a wizard of nature. Kind of a cross between mage and hunter.

Ideas, everyone?

I would suggest either being a Bosmer or Breton as they both get some bonus to magic and Bosmer have a bonus to archery which would go with you're hunter side, then fur armor (especially enchanted armor that boosts magic skills) would be best for you.

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 11:42 PM Reply

At 11/21/11 11:35 PM, djack wrote:
At 11/21/11 11:31 PM, hitman1993 wrote: Help me out here, bros. I want to start a second character, and I love the roleplaying aspect, so I want to make a druid character. I envisioned a druid in Oblivion, but it never quite worked. I just happened to remember the druid idea and I'm sure Skyrim can fullfill it.

So help me out here. What race would work best? What skills should I focus on? What armor, if any, should I wear? If you're not sure what I'm talking about, a druid is basically a wizard of nature. Kind of a cross between mage and hunter.

Ideas, everyone?
I would suggest either being a Bosmer or Breton as they both get some bonus to magic and Bosmer have a bonus to archery which would go with you're hunter side, then fur armor (especially enchanted armor that boosts magic skills) would be best for you.

I agree with all of this. Except for the Breton part. A Bosmer's connection with the wild would be ideal for a druid. Focusing on conjuration magic would be ideal, since you can conjure animals and animal spirits. And maybe Spriggans. I'm not sure though.


[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 11:53 PM Reply

At 11/21/11 11:42 PM, POTaTOS wrote: I agree with all of this. Except for the Breton part. A Bosmer's connection with the wild would be ideal for a druid. Focusing on conjuration magic would be ideal, since you can conjure animals and animal spirits. And maybe Spriggans. I'm not sure though.

I always think of druids as being more magic based than most Bosmer which is why I suggested the Breton since any spell the Bosmer can do a Breton can do better. I'm not that big a fan of the mer in general and usually play as either an Argonian or a Breton.

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 11:57 PM Reply

Where's the best place to find deer and/or elk? I can almost never find any when I'm hunting.


[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 12:02 AM Reply

At 11/21/11 11:57 PM, POTaTOS wrote: Where's the best place to find deer and/or elk? I can almost never find any when I'm hunting.

Beyond the mountain south of Marthal I found a wooded area with a large group of deer and elk.

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 12:36 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 12:02 AM, djack wrote:
At 11/21/11 11:57 PM, POTaTOS wrote: Where's the best place to find deer and/or elk? I can almost never find any when I'm hunting.
Beyond the mountain south of Marthal I found a wooded area with a large group of deer and elk.

Yeah, I see a good amount of deer here. Now I can finally get some leather.


[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 12:57 AM Reply

Fancy that, I also saw a giant, red mudcrab.


[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 01:05 AM Reply

Going to restart this game soon. I didn't get too far originally but I feel I'll enjoy it more when focusing on stats and attributes that I actually prefer to play with.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 01:37 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 01:05 AM, Gagsy wrote: Going to restart this game soon. I didn't get too far originally but I feel I'll enjoy it more when focusing on stats and attributes that I actually prefer to play with.

If you want to hack and slash, play a Redguard, Orc, or Nord.

I always play a Redguard. (black man) And then I beat everyone's face in with a warhammer who looks at me the wrong way. Did I mention I steal everything that's not bolted down?

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 01:52 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 01:37 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
If you want to hack and slash, play a Redguard, Orc, or Nord.

I always play a Redguard. (black man) And then I beat everyone's face in with a warhammer who looks at me the wrong way.

My mother always warned me about bringing a black man home.

Did I mention I steal everything that's not bolted down?

I love you.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
desert116
desert116
  • Member since: Oct. 5, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 03:42 AM Reply

So for the past 40 hours I had this Hjalti's Sword stuck in my inventory after I randomly picked it up somewhere. It was marked as a quest item so I couldn't drop it, and because it was a quest item, I didn't want to remove it using the console.

Then I went to sleep in some random inn, and a ghost appeared and was all like "Hjalti, gimme your sword" and I was like "OH THANK AKATOSH I CAN FINALLY GET RID OF THIS THING"


( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Movie Buff

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature