00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bi9ballz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread

147,684 Views | 762 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'll be posting up more sketch works then digital works since it's a school year. So to start off, should I continue connecting the lines for this picture I drew of a centaur? I used pretty much a pen and 2 sheets of paper so far(you could probably tell with the line in the middle). I'm currently dissatisfied with how the arm turned out and the shoulder placement >3>... plus the horse legs.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-07 20:46:20

And here's what I was drawing while walking around the gym for 25 minutes. As far as facial expressions go, what do you see :3

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-07 20:49:38

cool, i hope you finish it!
as for your problems, i found a reference similar in pose
i, however, learned to draw horses from the best, James Baxter. of course, i own the original Spirit DVD so it was easier for me, but the youtube videos are the same :)
also, part two
hope it helps :D

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-07 20:50:16

I can't believe you didn't have a personal art thread before this Zane.

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-07 20:51:29

Well my good chap I would conclude that this fellow would be a little on the loopy side. His tongue seems to be exceptionaly long, he could come to my home anytime. ;3

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-07 21:05:06

At 9/7/10 08:49 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: cool, i hope you finish it!
as for your problems, i found a reference similar in pose
i, however, learned to draw horses from the best, James Baxter. of course, i own the original Spirit DVD so it was easier for me, but the youtube videos are the same :)
also, part two
hope it helps :D

It will help thx Ely :D, I never would of imagine the horse leg structure was made that way.....yet agaaaainnnn >3>....c/;{rq

At 9/7/10 08:50 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I can't believe you didn't have a personal art thread before this Zane.

I can't belive it's not butter, but in all seriousness I was always hanging around the activity threads or the collabs and stickam :3

At 9/7/10 08:51 PM, DNoack757 wrote: Well my good chap I would conclude that this fellow would be a little on the loopy side. His tongue seems to be exceptionaly long, he could come to my home anytime. ;3

Who hadn't ;D *group laugh*...*awkward silence*......*some scratching behind the head and kicking dust*..... >3> *whistle away*...

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-08 06:29:58

At 9/7/10 08:30 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: I'll be posting up more sketch works then digital works since it's a school year. So to start off, should I continue connecting the lines for this picture I drew of a centaur? I used pretty much a pen and 2 sheets of paper so far(you could probably tell with the line in the middle). I'm currently dissatisfied with how the arm turned out and the shoulder placement >3>... plus the horse legs.

The arm placement and the horse legs are definitely way too stiff to be seemed natural - you might want to try warping the dimensions of the arms a bit then moving them into a more fluid pose - as in, thinking how a fluid runs while posing it, then run the limbs along those lines. Whenever I think about a piece that way, the posing usually turns out to be much, much better then it would otherwise be,

But the design is pretty sweet :3

As for the second sketch, I'd say exhausted but excited - and with a tongue like that, I can see why. I'd invite him over to DNaock's house anyday.

I have to agree with Jonny, though, no thread? All that art and nowhere to stow it, poor art D: But the situation is rectified, so looking forward to moar arts.

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-09 16:56:41

At 9/8/10 06:29 AM, Lintire wrote: The arm placement and the horse legs are definitely way too stiff to be seemed natural - you might want to try warping the dimensions of the arms a bit then moving them into a more fluid pose - as in, thinking how a fluid runs while posing it, then run the limbs along those lines. Whenever I think about a piece that way, the posing usually turns out to be much, much better then it would otherwise be,

But the design is pretty sweet :3

As for the second sketch, I'd say exhausted but excited - and with a tongue like that, I can see why. I'd invite him over to DNaock's house anyday.

I have to agree with Jonny, though, no thread? All that art and nowhere to stow it, poor art D: But the situation is rectified, so looking forward to moar arts.

I have no idea exactly what you mean by fluid but I'll continue to say fluid until I figure it out and execute it in another drawing ;D.

All my art was in an first class airline seat to Tahiti UNTIL!!! a massive thunderstorm took over and all my art went overboard on a lifeboat!.....that floated close to a Jamaican Festival Cruise Line Ship full of entertainment and cuisines UNTIL!!! a massive tsunami in the sea crashed the ship over to a giant out of the nowhere glacier that tear down the ship apart and my arts had to stay a float on the debris!...that floated them to an isolated island full of fruits, shelter, and non-dangerous animals which would last them for years UNTIL!!! KING KONG and Godzilla was thumb wrestling to the death! in the t.v. since all my arts arrived safely home after rescue team conveniently found them on the island :P

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-10 17:40:21

Yesterday I conveniently found a pen on a floor and it was a really inky pen, it can ink black :O *shock* and this is what I drew wit it :3

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-10 17:42:44

And this is what I drew for gym today since we had a substitute, it's just sketches on mostly on different faces.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-10 18:40:45

At 9/10/10 05:42 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: And this is what I drew for gym today since we had a substitute, it's just sketches on mostly on different faces.

It's funny to see your style in full effect - and I can clearly see how you work, with your somewhat abstract art style and all. Also, kudos for the Aqua Teen Hunger Force-esque... thing.

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-11 09:02:29

At 9/10/10 06:40 PM, Lintire wrote:
It's funny to see your style in full effect - and I can clearly see how you work, with your somewhat abstract art style and all. Also, kudos for the Aqua Teen Hunger Force-esque... thing.

That's nice to hear, the Shake wasn't meant to be intentionally drew for ATHF but when I look at it now, I lol xD

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-11 09:05:42

At 9/10/10 05:42 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: And this is what I drew for gym today since we had a substitute, it's just sketches on mostly on different faces.

The leftmost one has way too small eyes! Make them bigger and more animu!

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-11 09:41:56

At 9/11/10 09:05 AM, Havegum wrote:
The leftmost one has way too small eyes! Make them bigger and more animu!

Thou Shalt Receive!

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-11 10:58:20

At 9/11/10 09:41 AM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Thou Shalt Receive!

Moar bigger... I think that your style resembles cheese like how you draw holes/cutout things when you draw armour and weapons. Nice thread Zane.

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-13 18:45:13

At 9/11/10 10:58 AM, CloudEater wrote:
Moar bigger... I think that your style resembles cheese like how you draw holes/cutout things when you draw armour and weapons. Nice thread Zane

Hmmm I think I'll gonna need to change up some cheesy patterns for the armor designs....heh heh.....cheesy. Til then, I'll be playing a gameboy....after I find me a gameboy....and batteries....and a game.... >3>

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-13 18:47:53

How many sketchy faces does it takes to reach the center of the tootsie pop ;D, I gotta remember to restock on printing paper >3>

And walking around in the gym for 20 minutes can sure bring in random results :O

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-13 18:55:25

these eyes are intense.
i like it.

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-14 16:16:01

At 9/13/10 06:55 PM, Spac3case916 wrote:
these eyes are intense.
i like it.

Well thank you I still need to tend on certain expressions on faces but that hint could help ^,^

Again with the fancy inky pen, I'll let you guys guess what it is (I really want to practice to get my drawings recognizable, to tell what it is). The motion of the picture looks still but would that change if I add dynamic lines into it (like the ones you see in comics or manga when actions or shocking scenes took place) or will that just mess up the picture?

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-14 16:24:34

looks like a guy in a hoodie and jeans weilding a wicked scythe?

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-14 16:30:20

At 9/14/10 04:24 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: looks like a guy in a hoodie and jeans weilding a wicked scythe?

Woah, that was fast and it was the right guess too :D

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-14 16:56:23

Zane, this is some solid practice stuff so far (the scythe guy is really cool), but I have one major suggestion:
Change your damned signature. That thing is hella ugly.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-17 17:22:14

At 9/14/10 04:56 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Zane, this is some solid practice stuff so far (the scythe guy is really cool), but I have one major suggestion:
Change your damned signature. That thing is hella ugly.

The concept or the quality? And thx for the compliment :D

I tried to do stippling but I haven't really made it that far with the sketch. My inky pen ran out of ink D: (I think but I'm pretty sure) And naow I'm back with modernly alright pen :(

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-17 17:32:00

At 9/13/10 06:45 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
Moar bigger... I think that your style resembles cheese like how you draw holes/cutout things when you draw armour and weapons. Nice thread Zane
Hmmm I think I'll gonna need to change up some cheesy patterns for the armor designs....heh heh.....cheesy. Til then, I'll be playing a gameboy....after I find me a gameboy....and batteries....and a game.... >3>

a gameboy from 1989 ,I remember spending several hours playing Donkey kong Land and pokemon gold on there. Does your's still happen to work?

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-18 00:06:13

At 9/17/10 05:32 PM, argile wrote:
At 9/13/10 06:45 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
a gameboy from 1989 ,I remember spending several hours playing Donkey kong Land and pokemon gold on there. Does your's still happen to work?

The gameboy still happen to work but I have no batteries to put it in there....and game...... :<

In economic crisis like this, which slice of economic pie should I take first? (real quickie art I did at wednesday for a class presentation)

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-19 19:34:08

Om Nom Nom Hamburger Nom

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-23 18:29:38

Sketch WIP on the CHOW, 4 sheets of paper, I made some miscalculation on the connections >3>

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-23 20:18:29

loving that shit zane
robots and cute little girls = awesome! :3

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-23 20:51:47

At 9/23/10 08:18 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: loving that shit zane

Mwar!! Animu!!, practicing on different sides on the head. I need to practice more on behind heads o.O plus on face structure fitting for side faces >,<

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-23 21:11:40

At 9/23/10 08:51 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
At 9/23/10 08:18 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: loving that shit zane
Mwar!! Animu!!, practicing on different sides on the head. I need to practice more on behind heads o.O plus on face structure fitting for side faces >,<

Wow, the way you do people is ridiculously anime, but in your own cool, special way. This character really reminds me of Konata, from Lucky Star. That's a good thing; it's a good expression and it makes the character pretty likable. You do need to work on side profiles for faces, though; the nose looks like a pointed growth from the face.

I also like the perspective on that big one you posted. Keep up the good work, Zane, you're getting a lot better.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature