Be a Supporter!

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread

  • 90,702 Views
  • 710 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-23 22:31:01 Reply

At 9/23/10 09:11 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
At 9/23/10 08:51 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
At 9/23/10 08:18 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: loving that shit zane
robots and cute little girls = awesome! :3
Mwar!! Animu!!, practicing on different sides on the head. I need to practice more on behind heads o.O plus on face structure fitting for side faces >,<
Wow, the way you do people is ridiculously anime, but in your own cool, special way. This character really reminds me of Konata, from Lucky Star. That's a good thing; it's a good expression and it makes the character pretty likable. You do need to work on side profiles for faces, though; the nose looks like a pointed growth from the face.

I also like the perspective on that big one you posted. Keep up the good work, Zane, you're getting a lot better.

I will! :D, plus one Mwar! It first began with the hand, then I screwed up on the structure i wanted, so I buffed the arm and go rawr.

Naow it looks pretty hard to tell since i never drew the other half of the body, I never usually try drawing buffed up looking characters ( and I want to try freakishly buffed characters) but figuring out the placement on the original muscle structured and changing it up the way it should be fitting for me is gonna be a long way.

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
VampireontheSax
VampireontheSax
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-24 02:25:25 Reply

I absoloutly love your art!!

I have a great urge to ask you to make me a display picture!!!


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-28 16:23:51 Reply

Drew this for my literature group since I'm the illustrator of the group (even though I suck at remembering to read the book).

Scene came from ch.7 of "Brave New World", there are some anatomy fail here and there, like the hands and arms and what ever more did I miss about it o.O

I drew this with a sharpie pen (now the new word i'm gonna use instead of inky pen).

The part I had fun on was attempting to make it sort of a panel scene on what's going on from the text of the book ( even though I may of left out and added in some things from the text >3>)

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-28 21:01:30 Reply

Sketch page 1, my comparison on the female and male features on the face. I really gotta remember to draw smaller to fit in more then heads :/

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-28 22:45:36 Reply

At 9/28/10 04:23 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Drew this for my literature group since I'm the illustrator of the group (even though I suck at remembering to read the book).

I Don't get to read liturature so often like the brave new world but Looking at the left of side of the page you really managed to make a impression of Creepiness towards it. The face looks pretty disturbing

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-29 17:00:01 Reply

At 9/28/10 10:45 PM, argile wrote:
At 9/28/10 04:23 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Drew this for my literature group since I'm the illustrator of the group (even though I suck at remembering to read the book).
I Don't get to read liturature so often like the brave new world but Looking at the left of side of the page you really managed to make a impression of Creepiness towards it. The face looks pretty disturbing

Lol, I always wander why placing a shadow shaped like a big star could bring out a creepy impression, it's always interesting to try different things.

So here what I drew for a friend of mine at school for her request on redrawing this .

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-29 17:28:47 Reply

Sketch pg numbah 2, big looking armor , didn't draw out the other half of the mask and leg because it'll probably look more confusing or harder to see.

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-29 17:32:43 Reply

Sketch page numbah 3, during the brief moment at staring at my sketch book blank third page, a friend of mine said "go ahead, draw somethin, I'm watchin", I don't know why the hell she said that but I just drew one black dot with one dot in it and before I know it, it ended up looking like this.

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-29 17:36:21 Reply

Sketch page number 4, last one for today, it's sparkly prewtty animu! and I was really bored during a blocked class schedule in school today :/

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-29 18:02:22 Reply

At 9/29/10 05:36 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Sketch page number 4, last one for today, it's sparkly prewtty animu! and I was really bored during a blocked class schedule in school today :/

Normally, I don't like anime styled art- but yours is pretty awesome. Its eyes and stuff are so big and different, it looks like your parodying it, rather than complimenting it. Your stuff is the shit.


every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-29 20:01:00 Reply

At 9/29/10 05:00 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: So here what I drew for a friend of mine at school for her request on redrawing this .

Her head is turned 180 degrees, that's impossible. Is she an owl? =P

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-30 18:03:47 Reply

At 9/29/10 06:02 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote:
At 9/29/10 05:36 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Sketch page number 4, last one for today, it's sparkly prewtty animu! and I was really bored during a blocked class schedule in school today :/
Normally, I don't like anime styled art- but yours is pretty awesome. Its eyes and stuff are so big and different, it looks like your parodying it, rather than complimenting it. Your stuff is the shit.

Lol thanks, I never was good at getting the whole anime anatomy thing right but I did made most of what I could do with it ;D

Sketch page numbah 5, I don't think I'll ever want to try pens on sketchbooks again but here what I got, the movement of it looks stiff as hell (mostly pointed on the legs and especially the forward leg).

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-30 18:11:40 Reply

At 9/30/10 06:03 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Sketch page numbah 5, I don't think I'll ever want to try pens on sketchbooks again but here what I got, the movement of it looks stiff as hell (mostly pointed on the legs and especially the forward leg).

i like this one more than the others; maybe because i can actually see it.
change contrast maybe? idk, but your pics are always bright as hell D:

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-09-30 18:21:11 Reply

At 9/29/10 08:01 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 9/29/10 05:00 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: So here what I drew for a friend of mine at school for her request on redrawing this .
Her head is turned 180 degrees, that's impossible. Is she an owl? =P

*Attempts turning head looking back*, ok >,<, as far as I can realize what I've done, it'll be really uncomfortable pulling this off. Even though I did put the head facing the direction of the shoulder while the lower half of the body is viewed back (sort of), I gotta remember to make the face not entirely looking back but maybe one of the eyes.

Sketch pg numbah 6 (even though I sort of skipped this one by accident >3>), I had to walk around the track during PE so while doing so I drew every reoccurring patterns I can think of onto the sketch book.

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-01 17:57:34 Reply

At 9/30/10 06:11 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 9/30/10 06:03 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Sketch page numbah 5, I don't think I'll ever want to try pens on sketchbooks again but here what I got, the movement of it looks stiff as hell (mostly pointed on the legs and especially the forward leg).
i like this one more than the others; maybe because i can actually see it.
change contrast maybe? idk, but your pics are always bright as hell D:

Sharpie pen is black, so of course it'll look completely see-able but the reason behind the pencil sketches looking so light is probably either my pencil pressuring or the scanner, either way I'll move down the contrast for ya to see it better.

Sketch pg numbah 7, ........I really don't know what exactly was I aiming for for this sketch :/....looks more like a monster.

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-02 14:09:45 Reply

Sketch page numbah 8, bwaaargh a witch

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
DrRick
DrRick
  • Member since: May. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-02 14:22:40 Reply

Pretty good, but I can't figure out what your drawings are sometimes.


Dreams with the concept of prosperity and happiness are premonitions, only then you can decide next.

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-02 19:51:14 Reply

At 10/2/10 02:22 PM, DrRick wrote: Pretty good, but I can't figure out what your drawings are sometimes.

Yeah I get that alot :/, alot more when they were wips...

Sketch page numbah 9, here's a traditional place to pray to what ever god I have o.O I should of added a character on the right of the blank space that does the praying. Dunno if I should of made the fruits bigger then they are on the plate :/

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
Dalenbourg
Dalenbourg
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-03 19:29:29 Reply

*click*

Zane, your work is too unsure, I cannot tell whats going on. You seem to be drawing the way i used to, where you redraw a line multiple times, obscuring it to the point of unremarkability.

be more confident, and try making light sketch lines before you draw a dark final line. doing this and adding proper shading will allow people to better evaluate your work.

*click*

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-03 21:52:07 Reply

At 10/3/10 07:29 PM, Dalenbourg wrote: *click*

Zane, your work is too unsure, I cannot tell whats going on. You seem to be drawing the way i used to, where you redraw a line multiple times, obscuring it to the point of unremarkability.

be more confident, and try making light sketch lines before you draw a dark final line. doing this and adding proper shading will allow people to better evaluate your work.

*click*

I'm always confident on my lines, just a lazy pre-planner :P, but thanks, I'll take your word into consideration.

Sketch page numbah 10, friend requested astro boy during class; I drew him but seeing the posture he's in now, I added a failed captain underpants :3

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-03 21:57:11 Reply

Now I wander why does my teacher scanner left such a black smudges all over each sketch book page >:3

Sketch page numbah 11, I gotta remember to never draw during a pat rally in school with a bunch people rallying. Plus cheerleaders jumping around didn't help on which concept I choose >3>.

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-03 21:59:24 Reply

The giant kawaii uguu face isreally unfitting on the giant titted regular body

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-03 22:05:25 Reply

At 10/3/10 09:59 PM, M-Vero wrote: The giant kawaii uguu face isreally unfitting on the giant titted regular body

Would you believe that there were three things in my mind when I drew this? :3


BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-03 22:11:18 Reply

Tit's uguu and knights?

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-03 22:15:41 Reply

At 10/3/10 10:11 PM, M-Vero wrote: Tit's uguu and knights?

Blame cheerleaders, animu, and overexcessive needs to draw armor >3>


BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-03 22:27:01 Reply

A "yes" would have sufficed

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-03 22:31:46 Reply

At 10/3/10 10:27 PM, M-Vero wrote: A "yes" would have sufficed

Good point there ;rq


BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-04 02:07:15 Reply

At 10/3/10 09:52 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
At 10/3/10 07:29 PM, Dalenbourg wrote:
Sketch page numbah 10, friend requested astro boy during class; I drew him but seeing the posture he's in now, I added a failed captain underpants :3

Astro Boy was pretty much like the Mickey Mouse of Japanese animation. I never got to read anything like Captain Underpants back in elementary school though they had sold these in book fair for a whole week... I was more like a Garfield and Calvin and Hobbes fan back then. But was it funny?

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-05 16:57:56 Reply

At 10/4/10 02:07 AM, argile wrote:
At 10/3/10 09:52 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
At 10/3/10 07:29 PM, Dalenbourg wrote:
Sketch page numbah 10, friend requested astro boy during class; I drew him but seeing the posture he's in now, I added a failed captain underpants :3
Astro Boy was pretty much like the Mickey Mouse of Japanese animation. I never got to read anything like Captain Underpants back in elementary school though they had sold these in book fair for a whole week... I was more like a Garfield and Calvin and Hobbes fan back then. But was it funny?

Captain Underpants was funny and has an interactive flip-o-rama! but looking back at how easy and not that convincing it looks since the text is for children.

Sketch page numbah 12, this time I pre drew in pencil then outline and shade with sharpie pen.

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-05 17:07:31 Reply

Sketch pg numbah 13, this my have been a waste of sketch paper but it was somewhat worth it ;rq

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature