Be a Supporter!

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread

  • 82,194 Views
  • 691 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Version2
Version2
  • Member since: Sep. 24, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Oct. 22nd, 2010 @ 11:07 PM Reply

At 10/22/10 08:39 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
Ok, I'll work on the hands (dunno wut short of hand you think I should fix on though: realistic, cartoon, anime, all of the following mixed?) but it nice to know what the viewer think is an eyesore so I can practice more not to make the same mistake again :).

It's not so much the style as it is the anatomy of them. I made marked it out on the sketch page 18 image you posted up there, and on a picture of my hand in the same pose (not the same angle I'm afraid) so maybe you can see what I'm seeing.

Most knuckles have an arc to them, but your hands don't. There's also problems with proportion. Your last sketch of the armored hand was alot better tho! Anyway, here's your pic, I drew all over it :P

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Oct. 27th, 2010 @ 04:30 PM Reply

At 10/22/10 11:07 PM, Version2 wrote:
At 10/22/10 08:39 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
Ok, I'll work on the hands (dunno wut short of hand you think I should fix on though: realistic, cartoon, anime, all of the following mixed?) but it nice to know what the viewer think is an eyesore so I can practice more not to make the same mistake again :).
It's not so much the style as it is the anatomy of them. I made marked it out on the sketch page 18 image you posted up there, and on a picture of my hand in the same pose (not the same angle I'm afraid) so maybe you can see what I'm seeing.

Most knuckles have an arc to them, but your hands don't. There's also problems with proportion. Your last sketch of the armored hand was alot better tho! Anyway, here's your pic, I drew all over it :P

Hehe, I knew there were somethin off, thanks I'll keep that in mind :P

Sketch pg numbah 25 and 26!!, I felt like connecting the pages since I drew on the back by accident >3>

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Oct. 27th, 2010 @ 04:34 PM Reply

Sketch pg numbah 27 and 28!, D-D-D-D-Duel!!! I referenced the Gundam, Death Scythe, from Gundam Wing.

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 04:18 PM Reply

Sketch pg. numbah 29, those fading lines around the arm are erased marks, I originally curved the arm but decided to give some muscle. I wander what kind of chest should I give the fellow ;rq

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 10:36 PM Reply

At 10/27/10 04:34 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Sketch pg numbah 27 and 28!, D-D-D-D-Duel!!! I referenced the Gundam, Death Scythe, from Gundam Wing.

Gundams are awesome I say. Especially with crosses. Love it.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Nov. 3rd, 2010 @ 03:52 PM Reply

At 11/1/10 10:36 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 10/27/10 04:34 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Sketch pg numbah 27 and 28!, D-D-D-D-Duel!!! I referenced the Gundam, Death Scythe, from Gundam Wing.
Gundams are awesome I say. Especially with crosses. Love it.

Hmmmmm ;rq (Crosses= Crucified= Jesus= Crucified Gundam Jesus), YEEEAAAhhhhhhhh!!!!

Sketch pg. numbah 30, besides the first row, here is an alphabet face expressions :3

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Nov. 3rd, 2010 @ 03:59 PM Reply

Sketch pg. number 31, ehhhhhh~ I'm not much good with lead shading (or what ever you call it ;rq) and as close as I could figure out on my attempt on realism, this still looks like anime to me :/ (must be the eyes). You guys got any criticisms besides the fact that it's unfinished.

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Nov. 4th, 2010 @ 08:35 AM Reply

At 11/3/10 03:52 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Hmmmmm ;rq (Crosses= Crucified= Jesus= Crucified Gundam Jesus), YEEEAAAhhhhhhhh!!!!

Sketch pg. numbah 30, besides the first row, here is an alphabet face expressions :3

What I meant with crosses was fusion or mixings.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Nov. 13th, 2010 @ 12:35 PM Reply

At 11/4/10 08:35 AM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 11/3/10 03:52 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Hmmmmm ;rq (Crosses= Crucified= Jesus= Crucified Gundam Jesus), YEEEAAAhhhhhhhh!!!!

Sketch pg. numbah 30, besides the first row, here is an alphabet face expressions :3
What I meant with crosses was fusion or mixings.

Oh right, crosses :o

Sketch pg. number 32 and 33

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Nov. 13th, 2010 @ 12:40 PM Reply

At 11/3/10 03:59 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Sketch pg. number 31, ehhhhhh~ I'm not much good with lead shading (or what ever you call it ;rq) and as close as I could figure out on my attempt on realism, this still looks like anime to me :/ (must be the eyes). You guys got any criticisms besides the fact that it's unfinished.

I think that renderings always look much better with the less pencil they use. This gives it more depth overall, and has a wider variations which make it look better. The best way to learn realism is to learn from everyday life, especially with where lights hit their face. It also helps to have a definite light resource :P


every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 4th, 2010 @ 03:52 PM Reply

At 11/13/10 12:40 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: I think that renderings always look much better with the less pencil they use. This gives it more depth overall, and has a wider variations which make it look better. The best way to learn realism is to learn from everyday life, especially with where lights hit their face. It also helps to have a definite light resource :P

I gotta remember my source of light heh heh >.>

Havent been drawing much lately, been busy.

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 4th, 2010 @ 03:56 PM Reply

At 12/4/10 03:52 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Havent been drawing much lately, been busy.

The FUCK you been son? I made a lounge post like a few days back about you being MIA.

CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 4th, 2010 @ 03:57 PM Reply

At 12/4/10 03:52 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Havent been drawing much lately, been busy.

Welcome back Zane! This drawing is looking cool.

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 4th, 2010 @ 04:10 PM Reply

At 12/4/10 03:56 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/4/10 03:52 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Havent been drawing much lately, been busy.
The FUCK you been son? I made a lounge post like a few days back about you being MIA.

Eh, Really (question mark], well Im leaving retty soon, I just came u to uload this ic (kitty face]

At 12/4/10 03:57 PM, CloudEater wrote:
At 12/4/10 03:52 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Havent been drawing much lately, been busy.
Welcome back Zane! This drawing is looking cool.

Thx, the rain sort of smudge the sides of the drawing but it still looks retty alright.


BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 4th, 2010 @ 04:42 PM Reply

At 12/4/10 04:10 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Eh, Really (question mark], well Im leaving retty soon, I just came u to uload this ic (kitty face]

What the hell do you mean,you're leaving soon? Zane-chan, we've missed you! Come back! (sad kitty face)
And whats with the lack of "?"s and ":3"s? :( Everything alright?

Version2
Version2
  • Member since: Sep. 24, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 4th, 2010 @ 05:30 PM Reply

At 12/4/10 04:42 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: And whats with the lack of "?"s and ":3"s? :( Everything alright?

Rain smudging his pictures, no punctuation marks as if he was posting hastily from a phone... He's pissed off the mafia and Zane is on the run. It's the only explanation.

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 22nd, 2010 @ 11:04 PM Reply

At 12/4/10 05:30 PM, Version2 wrote:
At 12/4/10 04:42 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: And whats with the lack of "?"s and ":3"s? :( Everything alright?
Rain smudging his pictures, no punctuation marks as if he was posting hastily from a phone... He's pissed off the mafia and Zane is on the run. It's the only explanation.

YES!!, that is the only best possible explanation, there is in no other possible way for this to be false. Nope, nothing....well anywho, bwarrrgh barnie.

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 22nd, 2010 @ 11:05 PM Reply

Another bwaaaargh to lightened up the night :3

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
Spac3case916
Spac3case916
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 22nd, 2010 @ 11:06 PM Reply

YES!!, that is the only best possible explanation, there is in no other possible way for this to be false. Nope, nothing....well anywho, bwarrrgh barnie.

hahaha
this is really cool.

I love this gross cartoon version of a lovable children's cartoon.


[-----free like clouds-----]
Artzzzzz

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 22nd, 2010 @ 11:06 PM Reply

Instead of a bwarghhh, it's more of a bwahahaha :o

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 22nd, 2010 @ 11:08 PM Reply

At 12/22/10 11:06 PM, Spac3case916 wrote:
YES!!, that is the only best possible explanation, there is in no other possible way for this to be false. Nope, nothing....well anywho, bwarrrgh barnie.
hahaha
this is really cool.

I love this gross cartoon version of a lovable children's cartoon.

Gracias :3..... that means thank you in Irish >.>

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 22nd, 2010 @ 11:37 PM Reply

WIP of a steampunk or mechanical looking city I may or may not want to finish.

Last one until I get unlazy to actually paint something new on my laptop <:3

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 23rd, 2010 @ 12:41 AM Reply

O hai there. Glad to see you again. I know your not going to come back again for some time because you stated you only use the library's internet.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Zodape
Zodape
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 23rd, 2010 @ 09:29 AM Reply

Not trying to troll. I like your art, I see you have a lot of skills. But what I noticed is that, in almost all your drawings, the anatomy looks kind of deformed and the perspective looks... strange.
I think you should try improving those. If you do, your art will be 70 times better.
Please, do it. I think you have excellent skills. I want to see more stuff coming from you.


.

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 23rd, 2010 @ 08:03 PM Reply

At 12/23/10 12:41 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: O hai there. Glad to see you again. I know your not going to come back again for some time because you stated you only use the library's internet.

And friend's computer when it's most convenient ;D

Public library internet ain't too friendly with newgrounds :<

At 12/23/10 09:29 AM, Zodape wrote: Not trying to troll. I like your art, I see you have a lot of skills. But what I noticed is that, in almost all your drawings, the anatomy looks kind of deformed and the perspective looks... strange.
I think you should try improving those. If you do, your art will be 70 times better.
Please, do it. I think you have excellent skills. I want to see more stuff coming from you.

I'll keep that in good mind, there is always room for improvements :3


BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 23rd, 2010 @ 08:05 PM Reply

At 12/23/10 08:03 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Public library internet ain't too friendly with newgrounds :<

If it's lag, I can't help you with that.
If it's that part's are blocked, use a proxy.

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 26th, 2010 @ 11:42 PM Reply

At 12/23/10 08:05 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/23/10 08:03 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Public library internet ain't too friendly with newgrounds :<
If it's lag, I can't help you with that.
If it's that part's are blocked, use a proxy.

I'll definitely keep that in mind ;D

I tried out some photoshop stuff and see wut does the burn tool, dodge tool, some sort of art history tool and filters would turn out on one of my old drawing.

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 26th, 2010 @ 11:43 PM Reply

oh and plus messin with layers stuff >.>

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature
Zodape
Zodape
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Dec. 27th, 2010 @ 01:04 PM Reply

At 12/26/10 11:42 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: I tried out some photoshop stuff and see wut does the burn tool, dodge tool, some sort of art history tool and filters would turn out on one of my old drawing.

Awesome! I love this. You should put a bit of more detail on the chest.


.

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread Jan. 7th, 2011 @ 09:07 PM Reply

At 12/27/10 01:04 PM, Zodape wrote:
At 12/26/10 11:42 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: I tried out some photoshop stuff and see wut does the burn tool, dodge tool, some sort of art history tool and filters would turn out on one of my old drawing.
Awesome! I love this. You should put a bit of more detail on the chest.

Not much I can do about that since I was just experimenting on it, plus it was an old sketch i scanned long ago, so the original was gone.

This is a drawing of an elite from halo that is holding a carbine. It was drawn on a big sketch paper so not all of the little bits can be seen.

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread


BBS Signature